PDA

View Full Version : Haikus' Feedback.

Haikus
07-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Well, haven't had time to post feedback on this magnificent game, for those of you who aren't playing, yet. IOS, grr. I know, I know. :mad: I know you guys have gotten tons of feedback, so I don't want to sound like a broken record, so here's my POV. Been busy with my dad, who came back from his new job, and stayed for a week, after leaving two months. He just left this morning. Haven't really gotten much gameplay. I'm lvl 8. Me being a PL vet (early April 2010, second game starting with these guys), it's something new and you won't find yourself getting bored with this. These guys listen. So, they will grow with us, like they did in PL, and made it such a great game we love, till' this day. Just give suggestions, and they just might add it.*

Decided to post a review, for those who care to read. I'm not real great at this, but her goes nothing. :banana:

First Impressions:

Wow, similar interface to PL, but more UI friendly. Ran, and looked very smooth on my EVO 4g. Very spacey (as expected). Has nice customizations. Felt like a finished product. My one thing was, I was on an android. I'm an Apple guy, Pocket Legends seem to run much smoother for me. Going, as they have the same requirements, SL will, too. :rolleyes: No stat requirements for gear? Awesome, so more individuality. The beginning quest, take you through the UCS blackstar (the ship, "towne"). So, it had a nice tutorial, and more new player friendly.*

After playing for an hour:

Joined a PUG & it takes alot more strategy, which is a plus. Teamwork is required. A member of each class, per say. I picked an operative and first thing I hear is, " Hello! Come, come, operative. Need you here.", from an engineer. I'm awed at the fact that, a different member of class needs to be needed to "hack a terminal". We finished the map, & was rewarded with a FR (friend request) from my fellow beta player. I like how you didn't have to depend on active skills. Your primary attack, was taking nice damage, which was & not as much hit from enemies, so not a constant pot mashing. I made it up to the 4th map out of 5, so, I saw alot of diversity, through maps. One map has lava, another has this acid type liquid, etc. It also had boobie traps, like the grates in PL, which are always fun to time out & dodge (pull a Phys;)) or go commando and ruin your precious K/D :p. It's very well polished. Maps were more diverse. It was very similar to PL, with the items (Gray, Whites, Epic, Legendary, etc.) . So, I was pleased. It was easy to get into. I'm still learning, like everyone else, but I'm really enjoying.

Goals:

First thing I did was set goals. That's always fun. One of them were, not acquire a death. Also, me being chatty Haikus. I died, after some play time, running with Mystic. Trying to talk (as usual) & pot. Well, dropped keyboard, and was trying to pot and run. Evo's multitouch didn't want to work. So, boom. Dreams ruined. :( Anyway, set another goal (it being a beta), was to find bugs. Couldn't seem to find any, that weren't already showed. More goals, TBA. You should make some, to keep yourself entertained.

Similarties/Differences to our beloved Pocket Legends: + = similar, *- = difference

+ Has the same pick and play format, for short or long times. ( you can just jump in a map, no open world)
- More teamwork is needed. Harder to solo, I suppose. ( need a member from each class, to open certain areas)
+ UI is easy to navigate, same layout. ( Chase camera is something I'd opt to disable, though, it's a new, yet, rather annoying added feature)
- More customizations. (First thing I was pleased was, even it being the first day, hopping on and seeing barely any look alikes)*
+ The menu is something you'll recognize. It's very much like PL's. (store, friendslist, *stat screen, skills page, etc.)
- Already equipped with guilds, so it gives a little taste of what's to expect in PL. (which is a pretty sweet feature to begin with)

Remarks:

I can tell this is going to be a hit. It's what mobile MMO's should aspire to be like. Easy to pick up and play, intuitive, & very smooth. Very similar UI to PL, so you PL vets will be very much at home. I hope SL becomes, more of a hit, than PL and PL grows, as well. They both need refining, but this feels very well finished.*

Conclusion:

I can't wait for you guys to play. It's a blast. Very different, and similar at the same time. Another STS addiction to sink your fingers into. I know I sound like a broken record but I can't express how well put and thought out this game is. It's for all you scifi geeks out there, and all who aren't! Just venture in the world, and I assure you, you won't want to leave... ;)

Any questions, remarks, or feedback that needs to you'd like to ask. Just say it on this thread, or Pm me. I don't mind. Also, anything you think that should be added or removed, just let me know.

TL; DR

SL is a scifi MMO, that has your human like bears, elves, and birds, in all of us PL fans. So, come over! You have your same great developers, community, and great mobile gaming. So, what's there to lose? I can't wait for this to be put into IOS users hands (myself *hugs ipad tenderly...*) , come full release! You'll love it!*

Thanks, if you read it! My first review, so be gentle!:p

:)

cuard
07-09-2011, 10:02 PM
These feed backs make me jealous..... I hate apple -.-

Haikus
07-09-2011, 10:06 PM
These feed backs make me jealous..... I hate apple -.-

But, check this out. When, we (IOS user at heart. :o) get it, it'll be more refined, and less, if no bugs at all. Apple cares about there products, as does STS. They wouldn't have a 2 week waiting approval, if they didn't want the best product out for us. As for STS, they've said countless times, if Apple aloud unfinished (betas) apps, we IOS users would have it, too. They love us. We got PL, first. Droiders are just making it a better game, by telling bugs and stuff, like we IOSer's did. So, don't be jealous. The time will fly, and you'll have an awesome game at your hands.

Oh, and dang. You must read really fast. I just posted this. Thanks for reading. :rolleyes:

WoundedEagle
07-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Great Feedback Haikus!

Tvis
07-09-2011, 10:16 PM
Your review is fantastic! Like yourself, I'm a founder and I'm an ios guy. Your review was what I've been hoping for. Thanks!

cuard
07-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Mabey I did not read it :eek:

Haikus
07-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Thanks, you guys! Tried to make it as player based POV, as possible. From a PL player's perspective. :)

Cuard... I'm having a sense you didn't read it. :mad: :rolleyes:

cuard
07-09-2011, 11:01 PM
I read it no need to worrie :D

Haikus
07-09-2011, 11:27 PM
I read it no need to worrie :D

Wellll, what'd you think? :) Besides the fact you hate one of the best tasting fruits. :rolleyes:

Lesrider
07-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Sounds good, but I still want to play as an alien.

Haikus
07-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Sounds good, but I still want to play as an alien.

Lol, omg you are on to some crazed kus' idea.

I want to play as E.T.! Phone home....

Lesrider
07-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Lol doesn't have to be ET.
But come on, it's a spaceship! Humans are boring!

Also, is the whole game so far on the ship? Take us out onto an alien planet to explore!

Haikus
07-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Lol doesn't have to be ET.
But come on, it's a spaceship! Humans are boring!

Also, is the whole game so far on the ship? Take us out onto an alien planet to explore!

Lol, probably. Can't say, going as, I haven't got to play the last dungeon, yet. That'll come as time progresses. It's just a beta, too soon... too soon... We are still exploring the ship. :o

Otukura
07-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Apple aloud unfinished (betas) apps

:rolleyes:

And the last dungeon is a Mineshaft type thing. Delta-7. The last boss is awesome!! I think you're not supposed to attack.. just run around and try not to get hit. He kills himself eventually. I think the places you go are supposedly where the ship is taking you, so it's not all aboard the ship.

CanonicalKoi
07-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Thanks, Haikus, for the taste of things to come. The only part I disagree with is, "The time will fly,...". *sobs quietly* This part, I have no trouble believeing: "...and you'll have an awesome game at your hands." :) Can't wait to play it on an iPad and I foresee a release day all-nighter. :D

Piosidon
07-10-2011, 12:17 AM
... had boobie traps...

Spelled booby

Lesrider
07-10-2011, 01:30 AM
:rolleyes:

And the last dungeon is a Mineshaft type thing. Delta-7. The last boss is awesome!! I think you're not supposed to attack.. just run around and try not to get hit. He kills himself eventually. I think the places you go are supposedly where the ship is taking you, so it's not all aboard the ship.

Looks like everything's indoors tho. I prefer some outdoorsy stuff :p

KingFu
07-10-2011, 01:35 AM
Looks like everything's indoors tho. I prefer some outdoorsy stuff :p

Play while outside. Hehe.

Fyrce
07-10-2011, 05:10 AM
I agree w/ everything Haikus said, including dying to talking! Cause I've done it! LOL! I love dying to talking! Well, ok, maybe not love, but dying doesn't stop me :) Even a horrible non-registering-touch keyboard doesn't stop me from chatting. Though I say some strange, unrecognizable things :P

I really hate Android :p Definitely not as easy to do touch as with my iPad, so I can't wait. I've also done the "mash" buttons thing, when it seems like the Android phone (Nexus I) didn't want to register the touch.

I AM very happy with the beta though and with the game. Great job STS!

Redbridge
07-10-2011, 05:39 AM
Good Job H, much more thorough than my effort.

Agree with everything, and def looking forward to full release as iPad is definitely required for my fat fingers and ageing eyesight...LOL Don't really like the standard Android phone keyboard even more typos than normal, and anyone who know me knows that's lots already...

[EDIT] forgot to add, are we allowed to add (make public) any screenshots whilst in BETA phase?

CrimsonTider
07-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Good stuff, BRO!! LOL

Exactly my thoughts but I'm just too lazy to type that much!

Kingofhurtz
07-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Remarks:

I can tell this is going to be a hit. It's what mobile MMO's should inspire to be like. Easy to pick up and play, intuitive, & very smooth. Very similar UI to PL, so you PL vets will be very much at home. I hope SL becomes, more of a hit, than PL and PL grows, as well. They both need refining, but this feels very well finished.

Conclusion:

I can't wait for you guys to play. It's a blast. Very different, and similar at the same time. Another STS addiction to sink your fingers into. I know I sound like a broken record but I can't express how well put and thought out this game is. It's for all you scifi geeks out there, and all who aren't! Just venture in the world, and I assure you, you won't want to leave... ;)

Any questions, remarks, or feedback that needs to you'd like to ask. Just say it on this thread, or Pm me. I don't mind. Also, anything you think that should be added or removed, just let me know.

TL; DR

SL is a scifi MMO, that has your human like bears, elves, and birds, in all of us PL fans. So, come over! You have your same great developers, community, and great mobile gaming. So, what's there to lose? I can't wait for this to be put into IOS users hands (myself *hugs ipad tenderly...*) , come full release! You'll love it!

Thanks, if you read it! My first review, so be gentle!:p

Grammar!! That should be Aspire. :o

Looks great!( besides that^^^ )
You make me jealous.

Haikus
07-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Why'd you change my words to make me seem ill-grammared? :rolleyes: But, honestly, I meant to hit preview post, & accidentally submitted. Wanted to look for spelling & grammar errors. I thought to put aspire, but just looked on a dictionary website & it says inspire can mean "motivate" &/or "to become", so it steal kinda fits. :o Thanks for pointing out a normally human function! (we mess up... look at the world, now); Besides being a grammar nazi, you are cool. ;) You make me want to go play in traffic.:rolleyes: I'm on an iPod, too. Meanie. :(

@ Cani. You'll love it. You have that inner geek in you, that we all know, & love. ;)

@ Otu. Lol.

@ Pios. Love em'.

@ Fryce, I know man. Who doesn't like talking while being blasted by an alien? It's so fun!:o

@ Redbridge. There's video's posted, so I'm sure pictures are fine.

@ Crimson. You called me bro. I'm so proud of you. :D

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

So many @ signs, I feel like I'm on twitter. :o

Piosidon
07-11-2011, 12:23 AM
... so it steal kinda fits....

I think you know what's wrong