http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160325/7c11f5249b7353f04ede97c72f9e0670.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daehanie
03-24-2016, 07:23 PM
My dmg went down 100

Same.. uuurrrghhhhh!

Anyona
03-24-2016, 07:28 PM
Currently I believe it is a bug as skill damage is both the same on mage and rogues

Froxanthar
03-24-2016, 07:29 PM
If this intended then its total BS!

Hail
03-24-2016, 07:31 PM
Rogues lost their armor, gained damage :)

^This is in response to mages laughing at us rogues unhappiness with the reduction of our armor.

VROOMIGoRealFast
03-24-2016, 07:52 PM
Hey everyone, this was a correction to a visual bug with some of the Glintstone and Arcane Weapons! Some of the damage values were not correctly displaying. The actual damage values of the weapons have not been changed in this patch. We made sure to take care of this so you have better comparisons of these weapons to new weapons coming in the expansion!

Kingofninjas
03-24-2016, 07:52 PM
This is ridiculous. Staff was already the worst of the 3 weapons.

will0
03-24-2016, 07:55 PM
nerf legends ..... bye bye mage seems like forcing us to get the new mythic staff

Anyona
03-24-2016, 07:56 PM
This is ridiculous. Staff was already the worst of the 3 weapons.

It looks like it was just a visual change, my skill damage hasn't changed and I've talked to a couple of rogues and they have said theirs is still the same.

Anyona
03-24-2016, 07:58 PM
Hey everyone, this was a correction to a visual bug with some of the Glintstone and Arcane Weapons! Some of the damage values were not correctly displaying. The actual damage values of the weapons have not been changed in this patch. We made sure to take care of this so you have better comparisons of these weapons to new weapons coming in the expansion!

Thank you for the clarification, it's nice to know I actually haven't been nerfed. [emoji2]

-no
03-24-2016, 07:59 PM

Wait, what? So my 1k+ damage wasnt real?

Schnitzel
03-24-2016, 09:26 PM
Lol,
its not just the Arcane weapons.

I have a Glintstone staff of Witts (Mythic), and my damage is lower than it used to say.
I feel like my damage/dps values lowered by around 50 points

Kingofninjas
03-24-2016, 11:44 PM
It looks like it was just a visual change, my skill damage hasn't changed and I've talked to a couple of rogues and they have said theirs is still the same.

I'm pretty sure my skill damage went down. Not sure what it was earlier but I vaguely recall it being over 1800 on lightning. Now it's 1780.

extrapayah
03-24-2016, 11:52 PM

so that means, staff (base) damage has been low since its release? isn't it more reason to buff the staff?

mage hits hard in pvp, but that's relatively because the other damage dealer class, rogue, has -10% damage debuff everytime they go pvp....
but in pve, mages' effective damage output still can't match that of a rogue, in equal gear... and hardly any better than tanks with aegis, when fighting group of mobs

a bit out of topic, but mage needs a buff in pve, e.g. increasing their target limit for each spell, which should not effect pvp, because we can't do 10 vs 10 in pvp

TREMORS24
03-25-2016, 12:19 AM
WHATS FUNNY IS WISDOM GUN HAS BETTER SKILL DAMAGE AND BETTER DAMAGE THAN THE ARCANE STAFF...HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE. MYTHIC GUN IS BETTER THAN ARCANE STAFF .....LOL STS SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT.....ARCANE STAFF W/ 3 SUPERB JEWELS.....LIGHTNING SKIL DAM (1910-2387) TIME SKIL DAM (2491-3114) FROST SKIL DAM (1661-2076)
WISDOM GUN w/ NO JEWELS..... " (1944-2430) " (2536-3170 " (1691-2113)

Kakashis
03-25-2016, 01:00 AM
Woot I have OP over 1k damage with Arcane blades xD

harakira
03-25-2016, 02:13 AM
Blades do not nerfed. In fact rogue has been blessed by sts with +50 in our damage

eleasah
03-25-2016, 08:13 AM
Ts, what means visible bug when sts takes dmg from weapon away.

Morholt
03-25-2016, 08:25 AM
Ts, what means visible bug when sts takes dmg from weapon away.The visual but means what we saw was a bug. The displayed damage stat was incorrect, but we were actually doing the damage we were meant to do. Now the number we see in our stat screen is proper.

eugene9707
03-25-2016, 09:00 AM
WHATS FUNNY IS WISDOM GUN HAS BETTER SKILL DAMAGE AND BETTER DAMAGE THAN THE ARCANE STAFF...HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE. MYTHIC GUN IS BETTER THAN ARCANE STAFF .....LOL STS SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT.....ARCANE STAFF W/ 3 SUPERB JEWELS.....LIGHTNING SKIL DAM (1910-2387) TIME SKIL DAM (2491-3114) FROST SKIL DAM (1661-2076)
WISDOM GUN w/ NO JEWELS..... " (1944-2430) " (2536-3170 " (1691-2113)

Exactly, skill damage was correct, while the damage on stats page was fake (wrong).
Which is why after the update staff have less damage now. To be truly reflective of skill damage

FYI, skill damage is dependent on damage

Ineedgold
03-25-2016, 01:49 PM
Please sts fix this visual bug i hate to have less than 1k damage :'(

eleasah
03-25-2016, 02:07 PM
How can it be a bug when Arcane Staff gave me 251dps when i bought and now is 228? This is no bug for me. This is lowering dmg.

Mike Preneveau
03-25-2016, 02:24 PM
This is crap. I am fully po'd at this I don't believe that this was just a visual error. As I can see the difference in my dmg from attacking mobs. You definitely nerfed the staff. This is the first real complaint from me on this type of issue! Fix this please.
this is just the type of thing I am beginning to expect from sts during expansions and adding new mythic weps already is kinda fast don't ya think? Or is it a way to ensure the most profitable business move?

Rogueuchiha
03-25-2016, 06:01 PM
is just a visual change, i use daggers in arena and my hit not increase, is same

iAmBurberry
03-25-2016, 06:32 PM
Initial release

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160325/d4e5b79d4ce3a91c31fdec7bd1d55543.jpg

Current

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160325/368b56194e471d457ee2bdf441d29996.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160325/7c11f5249b7353f04ede97c72f9e0670.jpg

Anyone still think that the "visual image" excuse STS gave doesn't make any sense considering the proof in nerf in DPS and DMG on staff is right there?

Ssneakykills
03-25-2016, 06:35 PM
It took you this long to fix the visual bug?

eugene9707
03-25-2016, 07:16 PM
I guess I'll post it here too....

Remember in the past there was a discussion about gun giving more skill damage than staff? This is exactly that.

It's just now that the damage stats you see is now truly reflective of the skill damage

Here's the quote :

On paper, the staff definitely blows the wisdom gun out of the water. But there are some drawbacks.

Firstly, you lose 85-90 skill damage (on lightning) on another equally gemmed staff vs a wisdom gun. To compare, the giant bone Bow vs Elon Bow was only 30 skill damage less (on Aimed shot).

The HP and stat bonus on the staff is far superior to the gun. You gain roughly 260 hp over wisdom gun, and .5 crit. When under the proc, you gain an additional 3 crit and roughly the same damage u get from wisdom guns proc.

However, the difference is this. The staff will proc 100% of the time, but only if it's charged. The wisdom gun proc is far rarer, but can happen just by tapping the gun. Since it takes 3 seconds to charge and the staff proc lasts 8 seconds, you will have 5 seconds before u have to start charging again if you want to remain under the proc. This takes away 37.5% of your time, which is a huge deal in PvE and more so in PvP. Also, the range of the proc is small. 3 steps will take you out of its range. Because of the 4 axe sets, u will probably have to charge it more than once in the 8 second time period.

I'm not advertising wisdom gun. The staff may still be better. I'm just pointing out that it isn't a no brainer decision like many assume it is based on the stat bonus on character screen.

darkfarm
03-25-2016, 07:20 PM
All the talk about the visual error doesn't make sense. More than 70 points of damage lost, and at the same time, arc blades get a buff in a damage. Where's the equilibrium in that? Where's the sense in that? I don't think it's a visual error, just a hard crush in skill points.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

Fredystern
03-25-2016, 07:30 PM
K so its now clear then, im glad i havent buy the dragon staff, cause the price will gonna cheaper i think. But when i see my stats in the auction, my damage was about 997, but now i check it was around 894 so its not only 100 damage took from us, its based on ur passive or pet >.<

eugene9707
03-25-2016, 07:32 PM
All the talk about the visual error doesn't make sense. More than 70 points of damage lost, and at the same time, arc blades get a buff in a damage. Where's the equilibrium in that? Where's the sense in that? I don't think it's a visual error, just a hard crush in skill points.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

Then look at skill damage? They are probably still the same (will that's what they said above about rogue )

Darwinb1995
03-25-2016, 07:36 PM
Currently I believe it is a bug as skill damage is both the same on mage and rogues

No they decrease the damage base of characters. :/

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Gorecaster
03-25-2016, 11:21 PM
Every week its some new bs, the disappointment is real. Sts you had a good thing going but lately its just one f up after another. Take some pride in your work ffs. You guys act as if all the changes u make after the fact are just normal ironing out of bugs and such. Your product is suffering. Your game is teetering on laughable at this point and you're lucky the social aspect keeps ppl logging in cuz its damn sure not the consistency of gameplay. Look at how often u change critical game components. What is right? What is wrong? What are we supposed to believe anymore? Every release sees some sort of change after its too late and this only compounds the problems. We put our trust in you as devs to get it right, to offer us a solid product we can trust has been tested and is functioning properly. Ban ppl cuz your game doesn't function right and items don't appear in trade? Reward botters w banners? Release new red pets without testing then nerf them? Seems legit...
At this rate I'm not sure i can even take this srsly anymore. A game is only as good as its developer and week after week you're just dropping the ball. Maybe its time to retire this old journeymans jersey and hit the bench for good.

Serancha
03-25-2016, 11:28 PM
Every week its some new bs, the disappointment is real. Sts you had a good thing going but lately its just one f up after another. Take some pride in your work ffs. You guys act as if all the changes u make after the fact are just normal ironing out of bugs and such. Your product is suffering. Your game is teetering on laughable at this point and you're lucky the social aspect keeps ppl logging in cuz its damn sure not the consistency of gameplay. Look at how often u change critical game components. What is right? What is wrong? What are we supposed to believe anymore? Every release sees some sort of change after its too late and this only compounds the problems. We put our trust in you as devs to get it right, to offer us a solid product we can trust has been tested and is functioning properly. Ban ppl cuz your game doesn't function right and items don't appear in trade? Reward botters w banners? Release new red pets without testing then nerf them? Seems legit...
At this rate I'm not sure i can even take this srsly anymore. A game is only as good as its developer and week after week you're just dropping the ball. Maybe its time to retire this old journeymans jersey and hit the bench for good.

I didn't even play season 8 for these reasons. I will try season 9 but at this point, the old arcane pets are better than the new one just released, they released arcane weapons before the expansion meaning the new weapons will likely be inferior - giving us more backwards gear "progression". Just the fact they're giving everyone level 46 mythics right before they level up to 56 is making me wonder if this will be another season without viable (or any) elite legendaries. If this season isn't a vast improvement over the one just finishing, the game is pretty much over for most players I know.

Mel030
03-26-2016, 12:49 AM
When the rogues got armor nerf ( lost 400-500 ) even tough we already had crit and dmg nerf you mages were like : Oh its ok :) but now when your dmg gets visual fix whole world falls apart :'(

Sent from my HTC Desire 310 using Tapatalk

soon
03-26-2016, 12:57 AM
Losing rogue armor is OK, but losing mage DPS is bad?

darkfarm
03-26-2016, 04:46 AM
Losing rogue armor is OK, but losing mage DPS is bad?

Yes that's true. The buffing and nerfing is preferential. You lost armor but received an added compensation through damage buff.
All in all I'll take off this moaning attire and refrain from grumbling.

Lolifee
03-26-2016, 04:53 AM
why does it take sts weeks for this?
I mean it was a visual bug and i based my decision to buy arcane staff on fake stats. I spent 3m on something i did not need. very disappointed now.

thx loli

bonjovi3223
03-26-2016, 06:04 AM
When the rogues got armor nerf ( lost 400-500 ) even tough we already had crit and dmg nerf you mages were like : Oh its ok :) but now when your dmg gets visual fix whole world falls apart :'(

Sent from my HTC Desire 310 using Tapatalk
Where do you ppl come up with your numbers from? This gives a whole new meaning to exaggeration.
The armor loss is ~300 and its the best thing that happened in a long time.

soon
03-26-2016, 07:57 AM
Yes that's true. The buffing and nerfing is preferential. You lost armor but received an added compensation through damage buff.
All in all I'll take off this moaning attire and refrain from grumbling.

I went to see the rogue dagger now, but with us it was the same from day to night received the nerf.

They must have done it because of the new mythic.

darkfarm
03-26-2016, 08:04 AM
I went to see the rogue dagger now, but with us it was the same from day to night received the nerf.

They must have done it because of the new mythic.

Most probably yeah. Well at least there's a smudge of clearance.

Rootbur
03-26-2016, 08:08 AM
As a rogue I can't speak for anything that happened to the staff. However, I took a few screenshots of my skill dmg to compare gear sets which was before the update. When compared to my current skill dmg after update there were absolutely no changes at all.

The only change was the visual bug which was the intended fix, so there was no rogue or dags dmg buff.

Bluesparky
03-27-2016, 05:45 AM

Present stats now ..after sts say visual bug fixed..

So visual bug fooled us to buy them over gun..by showing it incorrectly.

Obiira
03-27-2016, 07:17 AM
My earlier damage with dragon hunter staff was about 1020+. But now it is about 92O+. So it has been nerfed by about 100 damage . I bought this staff for its high damage stats. STS It's my request to reconsider this case and fix it asap. Hoping for a early response.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Mike Preneveau
03-27-2016, 08:27 AM

I agree with you to the fullest.

bonjovi3223
03-27-2016, 11:25 PM

This is ridiculous. How can gun show more dmg then staff when the stats written on the staff are much higher.
Also, has anyone else noticed this. There are lv47 mythic staffs at a vendor in glinstone which show higher stats then the arcane staff.

Bluesparky
03-28-2016, 12:53 AM
This is ridiculous. How can gun show more dmg then staff when the stats written on the staff are much higher.
Also, has anyone else noticed this. There are lv47 mythic staffs at a vendor in glinstone which show higher stats then the arcane staff.

Thats what i mean check my posts here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?306164-Mage-need-dmg-back

Imhotepx
03-28-2016, 11:00 AM
Bump Bump Bump

bonjovi3223
03-29-2016, 04:33 AM

STS, can you pls explain this.
Written stats on the gun are lower then the staff, so how can it end up having more dmg?
A lot of us bought the arcane staff & disposed our guns at throw away prices in preparation of the expansion. The staff has clearly been rendered useless.
Based on the written stats, are you trying to say that 10int on a gun is not the same as 10int on a staff??

eleasah
03-29-2016, 06:15 AM
This make a reason cause its not right that an Arcane Staff has lower dmg then a myth weapon. All Time i play this game, Arcane weapon ever was better then other weapons. And now, only a few month after coming up weapons, all other new Weapons much better then Arcane. Myth Gun better, next lv Myth Weapons better. For what we got Arcane Weapon? For nothing?

The Weapon is ok. But the Stats now is not Arcane. Never ever. Arcane Staff Lv 36 have 192dps- And lv 46 only 228? And have no Dex on Arcane Weapon. Old one have.

I say nothing about Bug. But i think Sts should better think before they do. Gave us new weapon winterevent. Only three month ago. Then Arcane with wrong Stats. And now we get new Weapons again.

Iam not rich, but i try to buy the best Gear for my char. And now, only a few weeks after i bought, its no longer the best. And i need new weapon again. Iam sure, i can buy. But other Players maybe not. And its angry to read that an Arcane Weapon is useless only after a few Weeks.

Sorry, but this is not really right, i think.

My English is not really good, but hope you understand what i want to say

Kharjojo
03-29-2016, 07:26 AM
The gun has less dps than the staff, that's not wrong. Dps is calculated by the normal attack damage of the weapon multipled by the number of hits the weapon can deal per second. Since the staff has a higher hit frequency than the gun, it's not surprising that it has a higher dps than the gun. It does not mean that it should have higher damage on the player stats screen.

The STS team also clarified that there was no actual nerf to the real damage of the staff, so all you are seeing is a correction of the stats you see on screen, and not the actual effectiveness of the weapon when it is being used.

I suppose the only thing anyone is guilty of is false advertising. When the staff had higher displayed damage many players traded their mythic guns for it. However this is no reason to ask the Devs to "restore the lost damage", because this would be in effect a buff (as there was no nerf to begin with, as I explained in the previous paragraph). Mages were using the staff with satisfaction before this, so there should be no reason why a display correction should suddenly make the staff a less desirable weapon.

As a mage, i have to agree with u except for one point: there wasn't satisfaction using the staff, even with the high displayed stats. As already said in other posts abt the arcane staff, we were aware of the loosing of skill damage in favour of the extra spell (consecrate) but atm we're still not understanding why 2 same levels weps of different tier are so similar. Since when we have to be forced to choose between a mytic 46 vs an arcane 46? Shouldn't the choice be obvious?
At the beginning of a huge expansion, without a real and solid game/gear progression and clear communications i think we'll see tons of this kind of threads and i don't think players are to be blamed, cause we all need to know clearly what's waiting us in order to choose for our best.