PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4

flaimdude
06-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Video calling, multitasking, 326 ppi. Need I say more? (http://www.apple.com/iphone/)

nerdherd
06-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Seriously, looks pretty sick. The IPS screen with the ultra-high resolution alone make me want this. I was so disappointed when Steve didn't announce it coming to Verizon :(

Avadonna
06-07-2010, 06:31 PM
*SIGH*
My husband will be getting the new phone and I'll be upgrading my 3G to his new to him, used for me 3GS.

I can't whine though. For mother's day, I got the IPAD!!!

\m/_ (^..^) _\m/

Cascade
06-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Hah really? My mom got an IPad from my dad for mothers day too! :)

Furrawn
06-08-2010, 12:43 AM
My worry is that I heard At&T is getting rid of the unlimited data plan...and only having amount plans like 200mb for $15. And yep, that amount and cost is right. Higher data plans will be avail but no more unlimited:(
I was getting the new iPhone the day it's released... But I don't want to be stuck with the new bad data plan because of upgrading from my current iPhone 3G. Updating will end the grandfather unlimited data plan.
Anyone else fretting over this?

KingFu
06-08-2010, 01:15 AM
In 2030: My software is Iphone OS 53, it is also Optimous Prime on weekends.....

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/futuristic.jpg

KingFu
06-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Hah really? My mom got an IPad from my dad for mothers day too! :)

I WANT AN IPAD FOR MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!! (says the 13 year old guy)

FluffNStuff
06-08-2010, 09:53 AM
My worry is that I heard At&T is getting rid of the unlimited data plan...and only having amount plans like 200mb for $15. And yep, that amount and cost is right. Higher data plans will be avail but no more unlimited:(
I was getting the new iPhone the day it's released... But I don't want to be stuck with the new bad data plan because of upgrading from my current iPhone 3G. Updating will end the grandfather unlimited data plan.
Anyone else fretting over this?

Not to worry, as a current iPhone customer, you will be able to keep your $30 unlimited plan. You would only need to switch if you want to add tethering.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/02/atandt-iphone-customers-can-keep-unlimited-data-plan-for-next-iphone/

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/02/atandt-announces-iphone-tethering-and-new-smartphone-data-plans/

Furrawn
06-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Not to worry, as a current iPhone customer, you will be able to keep your $30 unlimited plan. You would only need to switch if you want to add tethering.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/02/atandt-iphone-customers-can-keep-unlimited-data-plan-for-next-iphone/

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/02/atandt-announces-iphone-tethering-and-new-smartphone-data-plans/

thank you!!!!
What great news!
I've got to get ready to wait in line:D

Elfche
06-09-2010, 09:00 PM
And you might want to look over your data usage thus far. (you can do that on your account) It will give you an idea of how much you use and you might be surprised of how little it is! Some people are switching from unlimited to the new 25 dollar (or even 15 dollar) plan to save $ on their monthly bill. Now as far as I am aware, you can switch back and forth if you are an old customer (idk for how long though).

flaimdude
06-09-2010, 09:17 PM
I would get one, but I'm on verizon. :(

Elfche
06-10-2010, 12:57 AM
I wouldn't scratch it off my list... I know you hear rumours about verizon's iphone since 2007 (first iphone), but this year its not too far stretched. Verizon is updating their tech (and so is AT&T btw) and both of them should have 4g running (in some places) end of this year/beginning of next so the new verizon tech could techniqually support the iphone. The only thing that was stopping apple (other than at&t contract) is having to develop two diff iphones for the carries, which inc the cost. Now they won't have to do that, so who knows...

nerdherd
06-10-2010, 02:18 AM
I honestly had my hopes up quite a bit for a Verizon iPhone this year. Once 4g rolls out like you mention I guess the likelihood will increase significantly since both AT&T and Verizon will be using LTE...although the frequencies are different, and I think Verizon is intending to use the existing CDMA network for voice calls...so that complicates things. But hey, from what I hear from my iPhone friends you can't even use it to make calls anyway, so no voice coverage on Verizon will be about the same as it is now on AT&T ;)

Also I read somewhere that AT&T signed a 5 year exclusivity contract with Apple, so it'll definitely go to other US carriers in 2012...but that is a LOOOOONG way away when it comes to technology :)

Elfche
06-10-2010, 02:22 AM
I believe their contract inspires this year... unless they renewed it and idk about it. But yes, as all the carriers are updating to 4g, the tech is getting almost the same. they just all chose different routes to get to there. Oh and yes, the iphone 4 is not "4g" but it supports about 7.2/.3 mpbs which is right there with optimum 4g speeds so idk what people are complaining about. Of course, now when it hits stores it will run at about 5.9 or so due to carrier limitations

Unfrozen Jon
06-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Seems like a lot of husbands got iPads for their wives. I got my wife one for her bday, she needed an e-book reader but we're Mac/iPhone people so we waited for the iPad. I have to admit that I want one too but maybe next year.

We both got an iPhone 3G with Rogers (Canada) on its release two years ago and while they still work great for the most part, they are sluggish compared to the iPad and will not support multitasking with 4.0. We were going to wait for the end of our 3 year contract with Rogers to switch carriers and get new iPhones but we called Rogers and made some complaints about our pricey plans and also pointed out several screwups on our bills and said we were switching to Telus. When we get the iPhone 4 our plans will be literally half the price of our current ones:

-Voice Plan: $17.50/month
200 local minutes
evenings and weekends starting at 6pm
(Our old one was 200 local minutes with evenings & weekends starting at 9pm for $35/month)

-iPhone Value Pack: Free (they waived the $15 for it)
Unlimited text & pic messaging
Caller ID
Visual Voicemail

-Data Plan, 6GB: $30
(It was a promotional thing but we are able to keep it with the cheap new plan.

So next month we will be getting two new iPhone 4's and be paying half the price on our plans.

Barbamitsos
06-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Me want an Ipad O.o
me gonna buy one for childrens dat
me not payin for gettin present for mothers day
me wana be told if ipad is really so cool!

setec
06-12-2010, 09:06 PM
I've been fortunate to have every iPhone the year it comes out. I plan on getting the iPhone 4 and can't wait to play PL on it. I'm assuming that SS will add the mult-task code into PL for iOS4.

I also love playing PL on my iPad. Just beautiful.