PDA

View Full Version : Win a Key! (I have to stop getting these things...)

Arterra
07-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Win 250k for the best entry! need minimum of 5 people! if ten people join, prize will be upped to 500k for first, and 100k for second! nd who knows what will happen if we get 15... tell your friends and GET ON THIS GRAVY TRAIN!
(so far 2)

post a screenshot of you in PL doing something crazy, all in the name of winning this key. must be saying something about Star Legends so as to make sure you are not recycling screenshots.

GO!

ps if the key IS revoked... ill still reimburse the winner in PL :) i got no use for mah munies, prefer farming it all.

THREAD ORIGINALLY was to give out a key... but since i cant confirm or deny by dev answer if allowed, switched to PL gold. sorry for incredible misleading title lol

Arterra
07-10-2011, 11:36 AM
note: only will work on android devices that allow for the downloading and installing of apps outside of market.

judges:
Arterra
Haikus
Survivorfan
...seems like enough.

also, for those who cant read spoiler tags...

post a screenshot of you in PL doing something crazy, all in the name of winning this key. must be saying something about Star Legends so as to make sure you are not recycling screenshots.

GO!

ps if the key IS revoked... ill still reimburse the winner in PL i got no use for mah munies, prefer farming it all.

noobmigo
07-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Wewt Terra is Rooting for me!

Yes, thorn rooting. He DEESTROYED me in PvP with Sang.

Haikus
07-10-2011, 11:43 AM
I can help judge, and donate monies, if it's prohibited. Which, I think it is. Still, not sure. But, I think I remember Phar posting somewhere, saying it's a "no, go." But, it may not be.

Let me know.

:)

Cascade
07-10-2011, 11:58 AM
You cant give away keys arterra somebody already asked and you cant

Arterra
07-10-2011, 12:00 PM
then lock me, thx.

Roasty
07-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Pfft...hate party crashers...LMAO just kidding xD

Wahtevur
07-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Well if it does get locked oh well, have came up empty in everything else so I won't feel bad. :p
I DIED FOR STAR LEGENDS!!! Yea no weapon equiped in the Sewers was the worst idea ever:)

http://i55.tinypic.com/2r39lpz.jpg

Whirlzap
07-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Arterras got too much sugar, come back to PL man...

Otukura
07-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Arterras got too much sugar, come back to PL man...

No! We need him!!

Arterra
07-10-2011, 03:20 PM
girls girls, i can play with both of you :cool:

it's not like im selling the key. I validly got a key and am making a valid attempt to put it back into the market. about time we had a key for grabs directly from the forum...

Pharcyde
07-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Nice, your one key away from topping me :D. I got 4 keys, but gave one away to one lucky person, and erased the other 2 (Sick of people begging or offering me items for them.) I kept one at my disposal, in-case I see someone worthy of a key. (PM'ing me begging or trading for a key doesn't make you worthy, it will just get you a report for breaking beta ToS, for trying to purchase a key to the beta. SO DON'T TRY!)

Anyways, great competition Arterra :D.

Ebalere
07-10-2011, 07:55 PM
If i didnt get a key i'd be pretty jealous of someone who had 4 keys, and verizon on their parents phone to begin with. Getting rid of them was a good call, im surprised u havent been flamed as opposed to begged considering the amount of people mad they didnt get one. Just sayin

Pharcyde
07-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Oh trust me Ebalere, I have been begged, bribed, and flamed to hell and back. During the live interview with JustG, people were flaming me, when JustG answered my question about giving my four keys away. It was actually pretty funny. Androidian shut them down and said this live "Flaming and typing in all caps wont get you a key, and come on guys. Your seriously mad that we gave a key to someone who already has one?"

Can't believe how hateful players are that I was planning to give them out to the community. One person even said I deserved to be banned from this game, and he said he wrote a letter to the devs, trying to convince them to ban me. Man, I know how it feels to be publicly hated by a crowd now :(.

MoarPewPew
07-10-2011, 08:09 PM
I don't know why people who already got a key are trying to get more keys. I'm very confused. Truthfully i am fine with out playing B* but players who have gone out of there way to receive more than 1 key come off a bit greedy. It feels like other players have been deprived of the full extent of the beta experience.

Im am not jealous in any way. I just find this wrong.

Pharcyde
07-10-2011, 08:14 PM
I don't know why people who already got a key are trying to get more keys. I'm very confused. Truthfully i am fine with out playing B* but players who have gone out of there way to receive more than 1 key come off a bit greedy. It feels like other players have been deprived of the full extent of the beta experience.

Im am not jealous in any way. I just find this wrong.

It would be wrong if they had greedy intentions. Like selling them. It's perfectly fine if they got ahold of more, to go an give them back to the community, to the players who really deserve it. But I guess, to one his own.

Phoenixking
07-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Maybe arterra got them by accident cause he didnt know he was going to win or did you have a verizon phone?

Haikus
07-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Nah, I'm sure he entered alot of contests, and then won one. Then one, another, and another. See, where I'm going with this? He has winner written everywhere on his fiber being. ;)

Edit: Nvm, read the thread earlier, but didn't re read it. He tells you how he got them and it's what I said.

Got another key from Android Central. that makes key #3.
first one from androidfans i won and used. woo!
second one from android guys live podcast. guessed the names of the pvp npc bears in PL. gave away at end of podcast.
third one I get an email from android central saying I've won. tbh i forgot why. this is where you might get lucky!

Wahtevur
07-10-2011, 08:38 PM
He has winner written everywhere on his fiber being. ;)
Lol, unlike some of us, but im not upset. I mean he's trying to give it to the community. Def not greedy IMO.

Otukura
07-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Lol, unlike some of us, but im not upset. I mean he's trying to give it to the community. Def not greedy IMO.

Hmm... I have one extra from a previous lottery that took a while to choose the winner.

I'm not sure what's the best option -- creating a contest or keeping it never to be used; I don't want what happened to Phar happening to me.

Pharcyde
07-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Hmm... I have one extra from a previous lottery that took a while to choose the winner.

I'm not sure what's the best option -- creating a contest or keeping it never to be used; I don't want what happened to Phar happening to me.

I recommend deleting it, or secretly giving it to a player who you see worthy of the key. Secretly, because there will be a lot of flame from jealous players around it.

Phoenixking
07-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Something happened to phar?

SssoulSsshine
07-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Winning multiple keys by entering multiple contests is one thing.
Entering additional contests *after* you have already confirmed that you have won a key elsewhere is wrong, imnsho, regardless of your intentions of what to do with the extras. Why would you want to shut someone out of one contest (that they spent time and effort on entering) only to make them enter another? Except then it's *your* contest...
Not trying to flame, just my 2 cents...

Pharcyde
07-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Something happened to phar?

I got on to over 16 private messages of players begging, bribing, and flaming me over my keys. This was after I had already given one of them away to a contributing player, who unluckily didn't get one from a beta contest. I deleted my other two, because it was just causing a ton of problems. I kept one, incase I find another contributing player, who didn't get one.

Otukura
07-10-2011, 08:50 PM
I got on to over 16 private messages of players begging, bribing, and flaming me over my keys. This was after I had already given one of them away to a contributing player, who unluckily didn't get one from a beta contest. I deleted my other two, because it was just causing a ton of problems. I kept one, incase I find another contributing player, who didn't get one.
Can you post a few of them? Not with the person's name, of course. I want some entertainment!!

nmyxspaceship
07-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Hey arterra i have one im not gonna use either i could send you the link to it:)?

Pharcyde
07-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Why would you want to shut someone out of one contest (that they spent time and effort on entering) only to make them enter another?

You know, I actually thought long and hard about this one before I entered in other contests. My take on it is that anyone could get into the beta, if they were lucky enough to be on at a certain time, or be the lucky winner of the contest. So, I decided that if I got extra keys, I would give them out to contributing players of the community. I decided not to run any contests though, because of the very negative response I received.

Haikus
07-10-2011, 08:55 PM

Yeah, I have one, too. I'm not sure what do with it. Same as Arterra's case. Multiple contest wins.

Otukura
07-10-2011, 08:57 PM
I recommend deleting it, or secretly giving it to a player who you see worthy of the key. Secretly, because there will be a lot of flame from jealous players around it.
Ooor I could publicly give it to you!!!

Yeah, I have one, too. I'm not sure what do with it. Same as Arterra's case. Multiple contest wins.
See above!!

Pharcyde
07-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Ooor I could publicly give it to you!!!

Lol... Do you know how bad that would be? I win 4 keys, delete two, give one away to a secret player, THEN publicly get a free key from both Haikus and Otu. My gosh, the community would be waiting outside my house with pitchforks and torches.

Haikus
07-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Lol... Do you know how bad that would be? I win 4 keys, delete two, give one away to a secret player, THEN publicly get a free key from both Haikus and Otu. My gosh, the community would be waiting outside my house with pitchforks and torches.

As you will. :rolleyes: *Pm's Phar a key, and it's not one that opens up a door, neeter' :p*

Otukura
07-10-2011, 09:07 PM
PM'd. For srs.

Haikus
07-10-2011, 09:12 PM
PM'd. For srs.

Not about the key. :o

OAN:

Secret player, Phar? Really? :rolleyes:

Guy says this:

So I got on thursday just hoping for my friends to wish me a happy birthday and maybe catch a present I've wanted for a while when I find out sts sent out some beta testers via email to some players...this already gets me upset because pl sends me a happy birthday email and I don't get a present from them? Well I get over that quickly cause I understand I can't be an exception because everyone has birthdays :). But then later I got scammed out of a crystalline set ugh my bad not double checking and stuff but it was suppposed to be exchanged for a better present ah well...Today kinda sucked but after I made some new friends and got over it after I vented on the pl forum (yes I'm speaking in past tense ;P) but if anyone sees a fork...er...something or other starting with forker I believe don't trust him and report him for me :)

P.s. if for aaaaaaaaany reason this might be considered rude/disrespectful or against the rules please feel free to take it down

Edit: its a brand new day and I'm filled with joy and over that incident so remember a belated happy bithday is welcome and a belated happy birthday present is praised for lol thanks to those who already said their greetings

You say this:

Hey Jammin! I got a birthday gift for you! Check your inbox!!

And he expects us to believe this?:banana:

And also no pharcyde didn't give me any beta key...he wanted to know my class : mage...lvl 55 mage

Pharcyde
07-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Wowww Otu... <.< Umma.. ty?

Haikus. Searching the forums doesn't count :rolleyes:

Otukura
07-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Wowww Otu... <.< Umma.. ty?

Haikus. Searching the forums doesn't count :rolleyes:

It's public!!! EDIT: Maybe they'll hate me instead for giving it to a player who already had one... D:

Backfire??

Not about the key. :o

Yes about the key.

Arterra
07-10-2011, 10:30 PM
PEOPLE! dont go giving me or anyone keys yet! I'll give this thread about a day to get answered by a dev. if approved, competition is go. If denied, back to whatever you did before, and if no answer, I'll just take cascade's word and close this for realz.

but cmon, you got to admit this is the perfect competition. I want to give these out monday the latest, not much time left.

Arterra
07-10-2011, 10:32 PM
at least start posting pictures. i have planned at LEAST 250k as a prize!

Slush
07-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Imo, it's not your decision who gets the keys it's the websites that run the contests. I'm sure contributing members of the community would have been very capable of entering the contests and having a fair shot at the key like everyone else. If you entered multiple contests at the same time, sure go ahead. But after already winning beforehand, it just seems... well wrong really. Just my 0.02. (btw, I do have access to the beta from winning a comp). Sorry for the incident before.

Arterra
07-11-2011, 12:58 AM
Imo, it's not your decision who gets the keys it's the websites that run the contests. I'm sure contributing members of the community would have been very capable of entering the contests and having a fair shot at the key like everyone else. If you entered multiple contests at the same time, sure go ahead. But after already winning beforehand, it just seems... well wrong really. Just my 0.02. (btw, I do have access to the beta from winning a comp). Sorry for the incident before.

When I saw the key thread I entered every contest. Not my fault I won multiple times. Also,the key I got from android guys was given away directly there after I won it. (Was during live podcast with chatbox)

Give us a break, we are not intentionally hoarding thesethings and selling off eBay.
since I won this key, the giver has relinquished the "ownership" of the download link to me.I was not required to agree to a leased program agreement when entering. I feel entitlesld to use or give out as I see fit, and this does not seem to he breaking STS ToS as far as I can see.

My OWN $.02 to you all, thank you.

Faust
07-11-2011, 01:20 AM
It's not technically redistributing the software, and they had no specific rules regarding the link. They have safeguards to prevent the same key being used by more than one person (or even the same apk). So unless the devs speak up, I doubt you can get in trouble for it. They gave out the keys because they wanted that many people on the server. This actually gives it to people who are more likely to play.

Redbridge
07-11-2011, 01:33 AM
Thank you folks for considering other community members.

Provided it's STS sanctioned, I trust these guys to get these keys back into the community the best way they can.

Would some people rather they just delete them? It's such a shame that a very small minority just don't get the words 'community' and 'selfless'. The overwhelming majority of players really appreciate what all members of the community put back in and recognise the well meant intentions of many many players.

This was a public service announcement, brought to you by the letters T and Y. Putting the word community back into the community.

Slush
07-11-2011, 06:10 AM
When I saw the key thread I entered every contest. Not my fault I won multiple times. Also,the key I got from android guys was given away directly there after I won it. (Was during live podcast with chatbox)

Give us a break, we are not intentionally hoarding thesethings and selling off eBay.
since I won this key, the giver has relinquished the "ownership" of the download link to me.I was not required to agree to a leased program agreement when entering. I feel entitlesld to use or give out as I see fit, and this does not seem to he breaking STS ToS as far as I can see.

My OWN $.02 to you all, thank you.

It looks like you didn't read my post fully, I said if you entered multiple conests at the same time and won multiple times, go ahead do whatever you please with them. However, I was talking about if you already had access to the beta or won a key beforehand, entering more contests and reducing the chance of others from winning, then that was uncool.

Survivorfan
07-11-2011, 06:17 AM
I could be a judge if your still looking for some

Wahtevur
07-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Well hopefully I can jumpstart this thing
Sizoo needs to answer
http://i54.tinypic.com/fn76u1.png
IDK he sat there stonefaced
http://i55.tinypic.com/o6zasl.png
That mirror is so tempting...PENGUIN!
http://i52.tinypic.com/2wlsgur.png
I'll have you all know not ONE person helped or asked if I was ok
http://i53.tinypic.com/652ve1.png
He's clearly upset about it
http://i56.tinypic.com/2vhyqtl.png

:banana:OK THANKS FOR LOOKING:banana:

Arterra
07-11-2011, 06:45 PM
kk slush, but you were not the only voice of dissent i think xD

I could be a judge if your still looking for some

sure thing. if we can get 5 entries, competition will stay alive. if we can get 10 entries, i will up my donation to the inner to 500k, and second place will get 100k.
soo... start posting people :)

ps at this point no answer so... competition just for money.