PDA

View Full Version : Bears just wanna have fun

recklessfa
07-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Hey there.
Recently returned after a break from the sewers. I focused on leveling my chars to 55.
Bird was fast. Pure Mage too, although around 54 I discovered the addictive pleasure of elixirs and subsequent power to raise hell.

Full str bear was a different story...
Went to dual around 52 and now I'm parading on my bird's (too) tight void set.
I had almost forgot how Everything is fine long as only one bear is present.
Too bad that nobody care how many birds or mages you got in a team, but... bears however careful they are (well... sometimes) not to ruin mob control efforts from one another, usually end up being frustrated or just providing support (backup stomp, double-beckon with cheese... Ok not funny) to the alpha bear.

Long intro for a simple question:
I tried to look in recent suggestions: aside the old 'more loadouts', I *couldn't find a suggested way to have multiple bears actually working together and be desired in a team. (raising difficulty would be one, but... Nah. Let's keep these initial ao3 yellow aliens only in our memories)

Any ideas?
I'm not in favor of a combat rebalance, just wondered if any one felt the same about this or had some ideas to share.

How about (probably not doable):
- two bears in a team get your skills damage doubled but you get to choose witch one: one to beckon the other(s) to stomp or debuff, via onscreen -lead - button.
- I've seen some asking for more skills.
That would surely provide more diversity if good beckon/stomp alternatives ever see the light.
- two bears grants the rest of the team the 'Teddy's aura' providing a feeling of security but essentially*+something on a stat bonus attribute.
- those big maps ideas with say, 8 players would do... Oh well I know...

I'm sure two bears can be fun, providing at the very least, guaranteed enormous pulls of mobs extravaganza for the most adventurous teams but I wish pl would find an idea to give bears a little more love.

we're way too many if only one is needed(are they?)/ desired every team of five...

Any thoughts? (aside from 'this was long, didn't read it' ;p)

Arterra
07-10-2011, 11:49 AM
i have tried to cooperate with another bear at times. after his stun rotation, i would do my stun rotation. simple really. nobody got hurt, ever.

as for more than 2 bears...

recklessfa
07-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Yes, you're right, no other way and my point exactly.
I remember the old 'let's wait for a bear to join us' from back in the days and why I leveled one ;) oh well... Can't have it all I guess.
maybe in the upcoming maps...

Other (old) suggestion that'd help: the 'hardcore, nightmare-ish' option when creating a game instance: more gold, slightly increased drops chance, and requiring efficient 'good bears' stuns / mob control for those who could care less about their k/d ratio.

Pretty much the caves now I think about it... Except for the rewarding aspect.