PDA

View Full Version : To All Non-Beta Players: Read this to gain the upperhand.

noneo
07-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Hello everyone! I feel bad for those who are unable to participate the Star Legends game so far. So, I decided to put together a short list of things that you should know if you want to be successful in the game.

If you don't understand a term I am using, take a look at the bottom of the post. I have placed a "Good things to know" list that may answer your question.

Please read it all to get the upper hand on day one :)

So, you are waiting to download Star Legends (stinkin' Apple...), and you are watching all of these other members gaining experience in game, and a slight advantage of being there first. You are saying, "Man, I wish I know what they do so I can be the first non Verizon player to hit the Elite level cap of 21!" Well, to help you out, I have put together a short list of things to know before to start the brand new Star Legends game.

First and foremost;

Get familiarized...

Before you begin any training (but right after you finish the tutorial), I HIGHLY recommend you take a few minutes to get acquainted with both the new user interface, and the new world layout. Take a look at all of your menus, friends list, guilds, inventory, etc. so that you will have that slight edge over the other players in game. After you take a look at the new menu interface, take a quick tour of the Blackstar starting area.

...by doing quests...

The first few quests are GREAT. They give you a step by step tour of all the different points of interest in the Blackstar area. You can knock out these 5 or so quests in about 2 minutes, but they really do help. They show you where the Auction house is, the stash locations, the guild hall, and all the other important places. After you finish the initial "tour" quests you have two options; first, continue playing the game by doing all of the quests in order. This is what I did, and it gave me a good understanding of how this new game is set up. Star legends is not like Pocket Legends, period. In PL you sprint through a map slaughtering mobs till you see the infamous boss. Star Legends , on the other hand, offers more in-depth gameplay in both a team sense and a critical thinking sense. Most of the new maps require you to search around the area to find an access card, or turn the main power generators on, in order to move on to the next room. (One of the maps actually has you running around disarming lasers so that you can carry explosives to blow up an alien egg sack!). The other option of game-play you have is to xp farm as fast as you can. Quests are not essential in the leveling of your character, and if some just want to hit the cap as fast as possible, skip all quests after the first touring quests.

...and then get yourself some great gear/equips...

You will start out with some crappy gear. While you are farming the maps, keep an eye out for any piece of armor that you can use to give you better stats.

I have found that the "Plat" gear is basically the best gear you can get (also, it is by far the coolest looking IMO). If you have the extra plat laying around, I would recommend the 50 plat pack at the beginning of the game. This pack will give you stimpacks, credits, and 4 plat gear sets.

As of now, the auction house is pretty empty (as the game is only in its Beta form), so don't rely on that as your source of gear. You will have to farm most (if not all) of your gear personally.

Also note: Most gear in this game does NOT give any M/S or H/S bonuses. You will need to make up for this by wearing better armored gear, and perfecting your skill casting techniques.

...by opening every storage unit on every level...

In the first few worlds, mobs don't drop loot (occasionally they do, but it is very rare). The only way for you to get loot, is by opening up the storage units strewn throughout the maps. These are metal chests that have a small blue rectangular screen on them. You simply click on them, take a few moments to "open" the chest, and you get your loot. Do not skip these unless you are hardcore XP farming. I looted a Purple ingredient for a crafting recipe by opening one of these chests. By having a fully rounded team, i.e. at least one Engineer, Operative, and Commando, will allow you to access even more storage units. Periodically through the level, you will see pathways that are blocked off by large doors. Depending on the type of door, only 1 specific class can "Hack" through it. After hacking through a door, you are generally met with a small posse of mobs. Once killed, you are welcome to loot their prized storage units.

...followed by training at the best spot for experience!

Levels 1 - 10 fly by. You can easily do this in a few hours. After level 10, move onto the RedSun Pirates world (if you haven't already done so). The first map "Red Sun Pirate Ship" is a great spot to get some fast XP. Once you hit the xp cap for that level, make your way to the "Asteroid Mining Facility: Delta 7" world, and continuously run the "Rockfall Caves" map. This is definitely the fastest XP at the higher levels. Don't waste your time with the bosses, as they waste valuable xp gaining time, just grab yourself an XP enhancer and run this over and over until you hit the level cap.

Note: Get into the highest tier guild hall! By purchasing the " 4X Experience Enhancer (only available in the guild hall), you can purchase a 4x XP enhancer (for 30 plat) that lasts for 30 minutes. If you do not have access to the guild hall, you can still purchase a 3X XP enhancer.

Note 2: I will be uploading a video depicting the optimal route run-through of the "Rockfall Caves" map soon.

Good things to know:

The 50 plat pack consists of:
4 sets of gear; level 1, 5, 10, and 15 (You can also purchase the lvl 20/21 gear for plat as well, but it does not come in the pack.)
Value: (~2.75 plat per piece)*(3 pieces per set)*(4 sets)= 33 plat
10 Auction slots - 75 plat
1500 Credits - ~10 plat
100 Stimpacks - 8 plat
100 powerpacks - 8 plat
50 inventory slots - 5 plat
Total: 139 plat

Credits - This is "Gold", this in game currency.
Enhancers - These are "elixers" that give 2x xp, armor, etc.
Stimpacks - These are your "Health Potions"
Powerpacks - These are your "Mana Potions"
The current level cap is 21, which requires 4900 xp (from 20 to 21).
There is a good chance that the cap will be raised to 26 once the full game is released.
Get into a guild.

One of the first things you should do is get into a guild that has purchased the "highest tier" guild hall. This highest tier will allow you to purchase your packs and at half off, and offer an expanded selection of Enhancers. This is critical as credit drops are VERY slow as of now.

Find a good team with all 3 classes.

There are areas in all maps that can only be accessed if you have the help of the other classes. These spots are not necessary to finish the map though, but they give you more drops.

Be prepared to purchase a lot of potions at the low levels.

By around 10-15 you can start to wean yourself off of them (due to your skills/damage dealing capabilities). By lvl 20 you will rarely even need to use a pot. I play all 5 maps of the last world, and use less than 5 pots the whole time.

Most of all, have fun!

Otukura
07-10-2011, 01:54 PM
4900 XP to 21*
50 Plat Premium Character pack also gives you 10 auction slots and 50 inventory slots extra*
I'm 90% sure the cap's going to be 25/26 when the non-beta is released, according to Sam

Other than that, awesome!!

noneo
07-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the help!

bronislav84
07-11-2011, 07:16 AM
The new player pack contents are mostly consumables and you eventually outlevel the gear so it becomes basically vanity (You don't wanna get rid of it because you paid for it), but the permanent 10 AH slots and 50 inventory alone come out to be 80 plat normally. Even if you consider that a lot of the items aren't permanent, the permanent items that ARE in the pack already make the discounted price worth it for at least one character. I just hope that when they put this pack in the store they keep it buyable only once per character or they'd lose income with people only ever buying the pack for the discounted permanent inventory and AH slots instead of separately.

Just felt like including my logic. Hope it's at least somewhat useful to this thread.

Also here's a standard minimum starting plat count of stuff I consider essential to start:

15 plat for 3 character slots or 10 for 2 if you don't want a forth for a mule/storage character.
50 plat for at least one new player pack
10 plat for one stash expansion

Comes out to 75 or 70 plat. Really not a heck of a lot.

Fyrce
07-11-2011, 02:04 PM
You wanna be careful with the 50-plat beginner packs a bit. If you think you might remake your character, remember that inventory and auction alots generally adhere to a specific character. So you might want to wait up on the plat pack until you are more familiar with the game. OTOH, you can always just respec instead of remake...

The pack IS a good deal.

Also, they've said that the packs are so popular they might add them so you can buy them later, not just at the beginning character screen. This, however, is not available yet.

Also, since this is a NEW game, I would not recommend using the XP elixirs and getting to end-game as fast as possible and being bored again. Enjoy the game, the areas, the new features (there're a lot) and you'll level more than fast enough.

Silentarrow
07-11-2011, 02:20 PM
With the highest tier guild hall, are all plat purchasable items half off or just enchancers?

Phoenixking
07-11-2011, 02:30 PM
I really don't care about who is the first anymore I just want to enjoy it ooh yeah I will get fascinated for new items the triple since new game and new update yay I can't decide on which one to do but they should release it while others are ping beta for that we enjoy update they enjoy beta that would be fair

Register
07-11-2011, 02:35 PM
very very nice and helpful!

Survivorfan
07-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Just by reading this I know a lot more than I did before including...THIS GAME SOUNDS AWESOME!!!

noneo
07-12-2011, 10:25 AM
inventory and auction alots generally adhere to a specific character. So you might want to wait up on the plat pack until you are more familiar with the game.

This is true, the auction slots do NOT transfer between characters which is highly unfortunate.

Also, since this is a NEW game, I would not recommend using the XP elixirs and getting to end-game as fast as possible and being bored again. Enjoy the game, the areas, the new features (there're a lot) and you'll level more than fast enough.

I agree with you completely. I took my time (still not lvl 21 yet), did every quest in the game, joined a guild, made friends, etc. THIS is what a game is all about IMO. But, there are other players that want to get to the cap as fast as possible, and this is their favorite thing. So I was just offering a helping hand to those unable to participate in the beta so they don't feel even more left out.

With the highest tier guild hall, are all plat purchasable items half off or just enchancers?

The plat purchased items are not half off, I accidentally misspoke. The 3rd Tier guild offers an EXPANDED enhancer selection. This gives you the ability to purchase different potions, as opposed to the options in the main Blackstar area.

This expanded selection does however offer Enhancers for credits (gold), which the main Blackstar enhancer booth does not.

nazgulking
07-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Thank you for the info, I am looking forward to get my dirty hands on SL as soon as possible :)