PDA

View Full Version : Arcane staff - Damage bug

Juicymango
03-25-2016, 03:34 PM
Hey everyone, this was a correction to a visual bug with some of the Glintstone and Arcane Weapons! Some of the damage values were not correctly displaying. The actual damage values of the weapons have not been changed in this patch. We made sure to take care of this so you have better comparisons of these weapons to new weapons coming in the expansion!

As voom said in another thread, the arcane weapon has just been adapted in damage appearance, if I do understand this right.
But can anyone explain me how it is possible, that the mythic gun shows more damage than the arcane weapon?
In the following screenshot you can see that mythic gun has lower stats but shows more damage? Could this be abug of the gun?
I know arcane weapon is clean but +43 damage because of some glacial gems aint possible.

As you can see here, the arcane staff has more INT and More DPS.

Love to here some feedback of you guys and hopefully any def can answer as well :)

Niixed
03-25-2016, 04:08 PM
Guns have always have far more base damage than stalves. This is the first time we've had a mythic gun and an arcane staff at the same level. Now we know that, damage-wise, mythic guns will probably exceed anything else other than an arcane gun.

Btw, an arcane gun/bow properly scaled for damage would probably break the game in its current state. I suspect that's why we didn't get an arcane gun/bow this time around.

oekeone
03-25-2016, 04:10 PM
As voom said in another thread, the arcane weapon has just been adapted in damage appearance, if I do understand this right.
But can anyone explain me how it is possible, that the mythic gun shows more damage than the arcane weapon?
In the following screenshot you can see that mythic gun has lower stats but shows more damage? Could this be abug of the gun?
I know arcane weapon is clean but +43 damage because of some glacial gems aint possible.

As you can see here, the arcane staff has more INT and More DPS.

Love to here some feedback of you guys and hopefully any def can answer as well :)

its cause glin gun has 1 grand 2 glacials gems and the staff doesn't...

eugene9707
03-25-2016, 04:14 PM
Remember in the past there was a discussion about gun giving more skill damage than staff? This is exactly that.

It's just now that the damage stats you see is now truly reflective of the skill damage

Here's the quote :

On paper, the staff definitely blows the wisdom gun out of the water. But there are some drawbacks.

Firstly, you lose 85-90 skill damage (on lightning) on another equally gemmed staff vs a wisdom gun. To compare, the giant bone Bow vs Elon Bow was only 30 skill damage less (on Aimed shot).

The HP and stat bonus on the staff is far superior to the gun. You gain roughly 260 hp over wisdom gun, and .5 crit. When under the proc, you gain an additional 3 crit and roughly the same damage u get from wisdom guns proc.

However, the difference is this. The staff will proc 100% of the time, but only if it's charged. The wisdom gun proc is far rarer, but can happen just by tapping the gun. Since it takes 3 seconds to charge and the staff proc lasts 8 seconds, you will have 5 seconds before u have to start charging again if you want to remain under the proc. This takes away 37.5% of your time, which is a huge deal in PvE and more so in PvP. Also, the range of the proc is small. 3 steps will take you out of its range. Because of the 4 axe sets, u will probably have to charge it more than once in the 8 second time period.

I'm not advertising wisdom gun. The staff may still be better. I'm just pointing out that it isn't a no brainer decision like many assume it is based on the stat bonus on character screen.

Juicymango
03-25-2016, 04:14 PM
Guns have always have far more base damage than stalves. This is the first time we've had a mythic gun and an arcane staff at the same level. Now we know that, damage-wise, mythic guns will probably exceed anything else other than an arcane gun.

Btw, an arcane gun/bow properly scaled for damage would probably break the game in its current state. I suspect that's why we didn't get an arcane gun/bow this time around.

Ah i get what you mean. So basically it's like with legendary items, gun has more damage and staff has more dps.
But shouldnt the gun be that much better then the arcane ataff? I mean I get just 20 dps from the staff but lose 40 damage. Thats veery verry much imo...

Juicymango
03-25-2016, 04:35 PM
Remember in the past there was a discussion about gun giving more skill damage than staff? This is exactly that.

It's just now that the damage stats you see is now truly reflective of the skill damage

Here's the quote :

Guess that answers my question though.
But i still cant decide whats better lol

Niixed
03-25-2016, 04:40 PM
Ah i get what you mean. So basically it's like with legendary items, gun has more damage and staff has more dps.
But shouldnt the gun be that much better then the arcane ataff? I mean I get just 20 dps from the staff but lose 40 damage. Thats veery verry much imo...

Lol veeery indeed.

The advantage of the staff dps is that it delivers damage to multiple targets, I think 6 max. If you were using only the gun vs staff (no skills) it would take you 6 times as long to kill 6 mobs.

IOW, the staff's maximum damage output per second is actually 7,326, if you add the damage each of the 6 mobs receives. The gun simply cannot replicate that kind of damage on it's own.

Veenihiv
03-25-2016, 10:20 PM
The 'Arcane' staff is showing decreased stats on u!! What type of weapon r u using ??

Darkquantum
03-25-2016, 10:41 PM
The 'Arcane' staff is showing decreased stats on u!! What type of weapon r u using ??
Arcane staff with gems/jewels id guess

kananaskis
03-25-2016, 11:49 PM
I was going to keep my wisdom gun after getting the arc staff but there was no point. While the glint guns are great weapons with a good proc, ultimately the "chance to DoT" on arc staff normal attack is more powerful in elites, and the extra spell "consecrate" on charged is strong too. So it's more than the stats.

soon
03-26-2016, 12:49 AM
About this, they did a decrease in DPS

Morholt
03-26-2016, 01:04 AM
I was going to keep my wisdom gun after getting the arc staff but there was no point. While the glint guns are great weapons with a good proc, ultimately the "chance to DoT" on arc staff normal attack is more powerful in elites, and the extra spell "consecrate" on charged is strong too. So it's more than the stats.The dot proc melts elite mobs. I love it.

Side note: I think in the past, even if you managed to have your damage stat to be the same with gun/staff or bow/dagger, the gun & bow would still have higher skill damage. Not sure if that is still the case these days.

Juicymango
03-26-2016, 02:23 AM

Arcane staff with gems/jewels id guess

Yep exactly :)

Juicymango
03-26-2016, 02:25 AM
About this, they did a decrease in DPS

Yes I realized that as well. Hopefully any def can answer this why it Shows lesser dps now.