PDA

View Full Version : Skills Kinda Useless

Junside
07-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Engineers don't put up a very good fight by themselves. Luckily we have healing and makes it somewhat possible, but still, I only use 5 skills.

Empathy (6)
Revive (1)
Protection (1)
Transference (6) *best skill by the way, so far*
Pain (6)

I should put one into Supression though, it's a good skill for mob control. But overall, it's not a very fun class, compared to say, the Enchantress.

Feel free to discuss. This is just my opinion(you can agree/disagree), and I am aware that there will probably be a rebalance. But for now, Engineer is strictly best as a support role.

Phoenixking
07-10-2011, 05:22 PM
It kind of takes me back to when a enchantress could get killed super quickly till the rebalance

Junside
07-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Maybe I'm so used to the mage class dropping nukes that I am a bit dissatisfied with the lack of AOE damage output.

Phoenixking
07-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Maybe I'm so used to the mage class dropping nukes that I am a bit dissatisfied with the lack of AOE damage output.Well then love the dot adore the dot and yearn the dot then you might like engie lol jk

Lesrider
07-10-2011, 05:44 PM
The skills sound so similar to PL. Are there really no passive skills?

Junside
07-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Protection is an armor buff. There's a force field (shield)

I imagined something craftier for each class. Engineers able to alter genetics, summoning things like mutants, or build turrets/minions. There's 4 more skills to unlock so we'll have to wait and see.

Otukura
07-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Protection is an armor buff. There's a force field (shield)

I imagined something craftier for each class. Engineers able to alter genetics, summoning things like mutants, or build turrets/minions. There's 4 more skills to unlock so we'll have to wait and see.

3* more skills. I with operatives, I feel like there's too many skills to choose from. Any suggest builds? I can't decide which I want.

Diodge
07-11-2011, 01:14 AM
I think the engineer is elite.

Lesrider
07-11-2011, 01:27 AM
Sounds like an engineer is a healer class instead of the healer/Mage that enchantresses are. ...?

Otukura
07-11-2011, 01:34 AM
Sounds like an engineer is a healer class instead of the healer/Mage that enchantresses are. ...?

Correct -- but I've had my armor buffed by over 120 at once by them, and their heals are huge -- no way I'd run without one. Pot usage is zero too.

Lesrider
07-11-2011, 01:37 AM
Aww only reason I liked enchantresses so much is bc they could deal tons of damage and then heal. Not a fan of all-support classes.

Pharcyde
07-11-2011, 01:41 AM
Aww only reason I liked enchantresses so much is bc they could deal tons of damage and then heal. Not a fan of all-support classes.

I'm lovin Operative. It's insane DPS

Diodge
07-11-2011, 02:23 AM
The engineers damage and heals are dot style.

I dont know what you want to call a engineer./. heals/dot damage/stun

Derajdefyre
07-11-2011, 06:42 AM
Would one of you mind posting what the engineer abilities are? Do they get anything that heals the blue bar?

Junside
07-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Blue bar for mana, no there is no skill to regenerate it. There are no mana regen gear at the moment either.

grayfox99
07-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Blue bar for mana, no there is no skill to regenerate it. There are no mana regen gear at the moment either.

Actually the force field ability regens mana at a pretty good pace if it's maxed out. I agree with the majority of posts tho I thought the class would have higher DPS but after a lot of playing I can say that this class truly is a support class. The DoT's really only seem there for the occasional solo play, but in a full group you rarely even get two ticks off before the mob dies so while grouped you mainly spam transferrence, and your AE heal, and use forcefield on cooldown...altho I may drop forcefield because mana doesnt seem to be a problem at the moment.

One question I do have tho is why does all the green engineer gear have Dex and strength prominent on it??? I ahve white and yellow gear that adds intellect but upgrading to the neutronic green set for engineers usually removes mana and intellect and adds dex and strength, and that gear is class specific for engineers.

Lesrider
07-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Sounds like engineers will have a super-low kill count.

Otukura
07-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Sounds like engineers will have a super-low kill count.

Not at all... Jun goes in and combos 5/8ths of their HP, then I kill steal the rest when we've played together. But if all kills were distributed by total damage delt, Jun might have more. Or If I went in first and Jun went in second, it would be different.

EDIT: I'm a op, Jun is a eng.

Diodge
07-11-2011, 01:42 PM
One question I do have tho is why does all the green engineer gear have Dex and strength prominent on it??? I ahve white and yellow gear that adds intellect but upgrading to the neutronic green set for engineers usually removes mana and intellect and adds dex and strength, and that gear is class specific for engineers.

Have you seen the i gear?. I have a green 20 Ihelmet. 7int,1hit, 10health, 15mana, 32 armor...

Derajdefyre
07-11-2011, 01:50 PM
All gear for all classes seems to come in a version favoring each stat. So all engineer armor has three versions at least, each favoring a different stat. If you haven't found the int yet keep trying!

grayfox99
07-11-2011, 02:05 PM
No I haven't seen any "I" gear everyone has been telling me I need to be using Neutronic green stuff, I haven't seen any "I" stuff on the auction house or as a drop in any dungeons yet. But mos tof the class stuff i've seen is taking between 10-15 mana away, and adding 3 str and 6 dex, or in some cases removing up to 5 int.

Otukura
07-11-2011, 02:26 PM
No I haven't seen any "I" gear everyone has been telling me I need to be using Neutronic green stuff, I haven't seen any "I" stuff on the auction house or as a drop in any dungeons yet. But mos tof the class stuff i've seen is taking between 10-15 mana away, and adding 3 str and 6 dex, or in some cases removing up to 5 int.

Neutronic is a close second to the iStuff. There was an iHelmet for 500 credits this morning.

Lesrider
07-11-2011, 02:29 PM
No fair, you guys are getting iStuff while we iFolks can't even play :(

Diodge
07-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Most people here are just tradeing gear to each other for free.

Junside
07-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Not at all... Jun goes in and combos 5/8ths of their HP, then I kill steal the rest when we've played together. But if all kills were distributed by total damage delt, Jun might have more. Or If I went in first and Jun went in second, it would be different.

EDIT: I'm a op, Jun is a eng.

Otu brought to my attention that I reached 5th in Engineer most kills leaderboard lol picture that

Physiologic
07-11-2011, 05:04 PM
No fair, you guys are getting iStuff while we iFolks can't even play :(

No worries...there is actually absolutely nothing that we can get, equipment-wise, that gives Beta players an advantage (monetary and itemized) over non-Beta players.

Lesrider
07-11-2011, 05:06 PM
I was actually just playing around. Bc of the name. Thought it was funny that you're getting iStuff as droiders ;)

Physiologic
07-11-2011, 05:30 PM
I was actually just playing around. Bc of the name. Thought it was funny that you're getting iStuff as droiders ;)

You should see the descriptions for some of the items......they really outdid themselves.

Lesrider
07-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Are there any on par with the ones from PL made from dead orphans?

Physiologic
07-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Are there any on par with the ones from PL made from dead orphans?

They are some of the most bizarre, random, funny, or witty quotes I've seen :p

Lesrider
07-11-2011, 05:38 PM

Cool, will have to look out for them :)

Diodge
07-11-2011, 05:52 PM
I agree

Arterra
07-11-2011, 08:22 PM
i found out just now i had no health pots on me, used them at some boss with a pretty bad group. didnt really need them at all for normal mob clearing lol...

SknyAndy
07-15-2011, 09:54 AM
I dont think we should worry too much about this. we don't know what skills we will have in the coming lvls. I'm sure the dev's have something up their sleeves that will help work all of this out. I think they learned a lot in PL and I'm sure they have used all that wisdom in SL.

Silentarrow
07-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Not at all... Jun goes in and combos 5/8ths of their HP, then I kill steal the rest when we've played together. But if all kills were distributed by total damage delt, Jun might
I wish they did....

Dosumn1978
07-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Meh likey Meh engineer. Miner gets pwnted.

Thegodofgreen
08-03-2011, 08:55 PM
How are skills dmg or heals calculated? Cause I just put 3 skill points into empathy and it's still reading +3 pics attached. Might be glitch?

Raulur
08-03-2011, 11:22 PM
How are skills dmg or heals calculated? Cause I just put 3 skill points into empathy and it's still reading +3 pics attached. Might be glitch?

Empathy always gives 3 heals, but it heals more per time as you put more points into it. It's worth the skill points.