PDA

View Full Version : Where's your favorite place to go/travel?

Haikus
07-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Well, my dad came to visit me, after leaving for two months for his new job. He left, yesterday. I told him, next time he comes, I'll go back with him. Keep in mind, he works 11pm- 7am, at a electronic plant. Get a call at 3pm, around that time, and he says he'll be home this evening. :mad: I didn't mean that fast, I meant like a week or so. Didn't want him to miss a day at work, and spend more gas coming back down. :( Oh, well. Anyway, I'm going to Florida, with him for about a week. I've been here, plenty of times, and have family down here. So, it's nothing new. Just going to chill at the beach, hang out with some friends down here, and spend some more time with him. :D

Anyway, this lead me to ask the community.

Where's your favorite place to travel? Why is it your favorite place to go? Why'd you go? Etc.

Just curious. I know we have some travelers out there. Me, myself, have never been outside the U.S. I honestly don't like sitting in a plane/ airplane for long periods of time. I get tired. But, once I get to my destination, I'm awed' at the things I see, taste, and people I meet. I'm a small town guy, so I'd have to say my favorite place I visited, was South Carolina (or was it North? Can't remember. :confused:) or Atlanta.

Example:
Where's my favorite place to travel? South Carolina or Atlanta.

Why is it my favorite place to go? Some of my family, and old friends live there.

Why'd I go? Because it was Spring Break, and I love meeting up with old friends & my family, & catching up.

Just as simple as that.

Thanks, guys!

:)

Roasty
07-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Where's my favorite place to travel? Seattle

Why is it my favorite place to go? The little other portion of my family lives there.

Why'd I go? I've been there multiple times but the last time I went there (in 2008) was for Christmas! :o

Otukura
07-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Where's my favorite place to travel? Hotel del Coronado

Why is it my favorite place to go? I like the beach -- epically soft sand

Why'd I go? It's nice there.

Haikus
07-10-2011, 08:45 PM
My favorite place to travel? Seattle

Why, you may ask? The little other portion of my family lives there.

Why'd I go? I've been there multiple times but the last time I went there (in 2008) was for Christmas! :o

Nice, but you changed the wording of my first to questions!:mad: Ruler breaker!:p Anyway, that sounds pretty sweet, man. I've never been there. What's to do there? Just for Christmas, eh... Hope Santa puts coal in your stocking this year, greedy little booger :rolleyes:

Edit: You, too, Otu! Don't follow the "Only come around on Christmas", guy:rolleyes: Follow the OP's guidelines!:p Btw, nice. Where's that located?

Roasty
07-10-2011, 08:46 PM
My favorite place to travel? Hotel del Coronado

Why, you may ask? I like the beach -- epically soft sand

Why'd I go? It's nice there.

I wanna go to California again someday...I've only there once :( what's it like there? :D

Otukura
07-10-2011, 08:46 PM
I wanna go to California again someday...I've only there once :( what's it like there?:D

Awesome.

'nuff said

Phoenixking
07-10-2011, 08:50 PM
My faveorite place to travel is.....Omaha Reason since i moved to chicago from omaha i just want to go there to see my family and especially my cousinsWhy'd i go is because i got time

Haikus
07-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Nvm, answered. That sounds awesome.

Roasty
07-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Nice, but you changed the wording of my first to questions!:mad: Ruler breaker!:p Anyway, that sounds pretty sweet, man. I've never been there. What's to do there? Just for Christmas, eh... Hope Santa puts coal in your stocking this year, greedy little booger :rolleyes:

Edit: You, too, Otu! Don't follow the "Only come around on Christmas", guy:rolleyes: Follow the OP's guidelines!:p Btw, nice. Where's that located?

I am not a greedy little booger :'-O

And I didn't know you wanted the answer to be worded like that :O

In Seattle, well...if you like coffee you can head to the first ever Starbucks in downtown. If you're the person who likes a tall view of the city, try going into the Space Needle. Into Art? Head down to the Art Museum, which in my knowledge is ALSO in downtown. I forgot what the name of this place was...but if you like fish. There's this place where the workers throw fish...that you can eat :D

Otukura
07-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Changed to yours, Roasty's was faster to type :p

Roasty
07-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Changed to yours, Roasty's was faster to type :p

I also edited mine to the default wording, but thanks for typing it up my way :D I REALLY APPRECIATED IT O_O

Haikus
07-10-2011, 09:03 PM
I am not a greedy little booger :'-O

And I didn't know you wanted the answer to be worded like that :O

In Seattle, well...if you like coffee you can head to the first ever Starbucks in downtown. If you're the person who likes a tall view of the city, try going into the Space Needle. Into Art? Head down to the Art Museum, which in my knowledge is ALSO in downtown. I forgot what the name of this place was...but if you like fish. There's this place where the workers throw fish...that you can eat :D

Ewwwww. Sushi :eek: That sounds like there's alot to do, and sounds pretty nice. I want to view the city, now. :( Next time you go, swing by and pick me up? :o I'll be aboard the UCS Blackstar. :p Oh, wait... You don't have beta, yes? :p I have one, for you, if you need. :) Anyhoo, I wasn't serious guys. I'm not that big of a spazz... :rolleyes:

Roasty
07-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Ewwwww. Sushi :eek: That sounds like there's alot to do, and sounds pretty nice. I want to view the city, now. :( Next time you go, swing by and pick me up? :o I'll be aboard the UCS Blackstar. :p Oh, wait... You don't have beta, yes? :p I have one, for you, if you need. :) Anyhoo, I wasn't serious guys. I'm not that big of a spazz... :rolleyes:

Well at least you're not a jerk :o and next time I go, I'll send LOTS of pictures. I might be heading down to Florida in August but, I'm not sure...

Otukura
07-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Oh, wait... You don't have beta, yes?

Roasty is one of those ugly iPad users. :(

elianel
07-10-2011, 09:06 PM
dominican republic :banana:

Roasty
07-10-2011, 09:07 PM

*gasp* :eek:

Haikus
07-10-2011, 09:18 PM

Hey! I have an Ipad, too! What are you trying to say? :( Sluggish Droid User. :rolleyes:

Well at least you're not a jerk :o and next time I go, I'll send LOTS of pictures. I might be heading down to Florida in August but, I'm not sure...

Yay! I'll be looking for a kid with alot of nice things, because he's selfish, and doesn't share;) Looking forward to the pics. :)

Roasty
07-10-2011, 09:27 PM
I am not selfish! :(

Valiksuhr
07-10-2011, 09:38 PM
I really don't have the money to travel far but there are some fun places where I live to go to. Fave is going to see the Corpus Christi Hooks play minor league baseball. Yea it's fun especially on Friday night home games. On those, at the end of the game, they shoot off a professional, July 4th type fireworks display set to music. Loads of fun for like $10 (admission, large Coke no ice, and a huge kosher dill pickle).

Otukura
07-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Hey! I have an Ipad, too! What are you trying to say? :( Sluggish Droid User. :rolleyes:

You're a pretty iPad user. :rolleyes:

Haikus
07-11-2011, 01:33 PM
I am not selfish! :(

If you aren't selfish, then I'm not Haikus. :rolleyes:

I really don't have the money to travel far but there are some fun places where I live to go to. Fave is going to see the Corpus Christi Hooks play minor league baseball. Yea it's fun especially on Friday night home games. On those, at the end of the game, they shoot off a professional, July 4th type fireworks display set to music. Loads of fun for like $10 (admission, large Coke no ice, and a huge kosher dill pickle).

Wow, sounds sweet, man! :) Where is that? State, not city. Don't want any stalkers.. :rolleyes:

You're a pretty iPad user. :rolleyes:

Flattery get's you nowhere, naive boy. :rolleyes:

(As you can see, I love that smiley, & I'm determined to find out more people's favorite places to travel. :o)

Otukura
07-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Flattery get's you nowhere, naive boy. :rolleyes:

But it did :rolleyes: