PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, noob to MMORPG needs advice

kappatango
07-11-2011, 09:11 AM
hey guys,

never played an MMORPG and already stuck on quest 1....

Quest: “Silknight the Sorceress”
Given by: Raol (Dark Forest)
Description: Defeat SILKNIGHT in Dark Forest Chapter 1
Notes: N/A

How do I find SILKNIGHT? I have walked around DF but cannot see her anywhere..... :(

Roasty
07-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Hey Kappatango,

Welcome to the forums! "Silknight is at the very end of The Dark Forest in part one, "The Trail of Thieves". If you need anything else, feel free to contact me by private message in the forum :o have fun!

cuard
07-11-2011, 09:19 AM
open ur toon to go quest click it then press go to it will take u right to where the objective of the quest is located

kappatango
07-11-2011, 09:21 AM
open ur toon to go quest click it then press go to it will take u right to where the objective of the quest is located

OK, tried that and got a message " you have failed to meet the level requirement for the dungeon you attempted to host"

TBH, I am a little confused where to even start!

cuard
07-11-2011, 09:23 AM
ok well go level some more then try and it will take u there :D

Roasty
07-11-2011, 09:26 AM
OK, tried that and got a message " you have failed to meet the level requirement for the dungeon you attempted to host"

TBH, I am a little confused where to even start!

Are you at least level 8? If you aren't that's why :) level up in Forest Haven for a while.

Oh, and the reason why there are level requirements to that dungeon is because something, called "Power-Leveling" is really what you'd consider "frowned upon". Power-leveling is basically when a character whose level is way too low goes into a higher level dungeon, and "steals" XP. Which is basically cheating I suppose.

And I know you aren't trying to cheat, but it's best to be sure. Once again, have fun :o

kappatango
07-11-2011, 09:27 AM
ok, so I need to take a lower level task? cool. Thanks -I guess I waas expecting the game to only let me accept tasks I was able to complete

Register
07-11-2011, 12:27 PM
ok, so I need to take a lower level task? cool. Thanks -I guess I waas expecting the game to only let me accept tasks I was able to complete

yo dont even need to take quests. It realy helps but if you dont wann u dont have to. You just go into a game and level up. To get into certain zones you have to be certain levels. Here r the minimum requirements to enter a zone

Forest haven-0
Dark Forest-8
Balefort Castle-13
Fathom Crypt-18
Lost expedition- 23
Ancient swamps-28
alien oasis part 1-33
alien oasis part 2-38
Alien Oasis part 3- 43
Balefort Sewers-48

As you can see it goes up by increments of 5. However getting into a group in a zone at that minimum level can be hard cuz people can boot you. especially going into balefort sewers at level 48.

Phoenixking
07-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Yeah they prefer this way-1-10-15-20-25-30-35-40-45-50

Forest haven-0

Actually it's -1 since there is no level 0

Fyrce
07-11-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm a little confused how you ended up in Dark Forest since walking through the portal at the end of the tutorial, where you just learned about quests, takes you directly to Forest Haven, where there are lots of people and NPCs with quests and another portal...

And Dark Forest is not the 1st quest. It's like quest #16.

The first one is in the Tutorial.

Then when you walk through the end of the tutorial, you end up in Forest Haven, where there's a big yellow exclamation mark staring you right in the face again and a portal taking you to the 1st Forest Haven area right next to it.

Unless, as your 1st MMORPG, you decided to skip the tutorial...?