PDA

View Full Version : Guild Stash

Cascade
07-11-2011, 02:04 PM
There was no suggestions section so I posted it here...anyways I thought it would be cool if you could buy your guild a stash that could go in your guild tier and everyone in the guild could access it. Feedback?

Roasty
07-11-2011, 02:08 PM
This idea is kind of an iffy for me :( what if one day a guild member turns bad and steals all the items from the stash and leaves?

Cascade
07-11-2011, 02:10 PM
That's up to the guild maker if he let's in a bad person that's his fault.

EDIT:We need to have some kind of guild stash/bank though.

EDIT2:Maybe the guild maker would have to be there and check a box to allow the person to get an item out?

Haikus
07-11-2011, 02:11 PM
This idea is kind of an iffy for me :( what if one day a guild member turns bad and steals all the items from the stash and leaves?

Wow. Exactly what I was thinking. He gets mad, removes all things from stash/bank type thing. Dev's ban him? Ok, do they reimburse all the gear? Probably not. So, I'm not really for it. Nice suggestion, though.

Btw, I feel so honored to take up some of your sig space, Roasty! :o

Edit: Wow, got ninja'd by Cascade and Roasty on what I was thinking. Impressive...

Edit, again: Cascade. Guildmaker their to access stash? What if he vacations for a week, or randomly disappears? No one can access the stash? Or, let's say, he can trade the power over to someone because he know's he's leaving, you have to wait for them to access the stash? All I'm getting is a bunch of mad players, who need some gold/item and can't access it because they're guild leader is gone.

I think individual stash how it is, is fine. You need something, ask your leader when he's on and he devises a meeting with your guildmates, to help you get said item/ said amount of gold. Or, you could personally ask your own guildmates.

Orcish
07-11-2011, 02:19 PM
A bank can have set permissions depending on the rank of each member. Example the rank of guild leader allows for, unlimited access, set permissions and withdrawl limits. While the rank of new recruit is only allowed to withdrawal 500 gold and 1 item a day and only from the 2nd bank storage tab. Make sense?

Haikus
07-11-2011, 02:20 PM
A bank can have set permissions depending on the rank of each member. Example the rank of guild leader allows for, unlimited access, set permissions and withdrawl limits. While the rank of new recruit is only allowed to withdrawal 500 gold and 1 item a day and only from the 2nd bank storage tab. Make sense?

Yes, yes it does, & it's something I can agree on.

Seeing as though, 500 gold won't hurt anyone, and if they do it, everyday. Let the guild leader(or whole guild?) see who's taking it? Because 500 credits in SL, is alot, IMO. But, I see what you are saying.

Edit: If they take it every single day, even when they don't need it. Personal benefit/ gain. Maybe, they should add a reason, too? Then, again, people lie.

Ex: So, let's say, someone of a higher rank decides to take 10,000 gold every day, the guild should be able to see who, because it's taking there stuff. Also, Guild Leader can see whether to kick them or not, for "stealing" or taking without purpose.

Edit2: Because if gold's taking everyday, and you don't know who it is. You can't really ask them why they are taking it or if need be, kick them. Because, you can't kick your whole guild, and who wants to interrogate someone in a video game?

Cascade
07-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Yeah orcish has some good ideas

Lesrider
07-11-2011, 02:26 PM
If there's ever a stash, new members should not be able to take anything out at all. They should have to be promoted by the guild leader before taking anything. If they're already trusted by the leader, it won't be a problem bc he can promote them right away. But if they still need to earn that trust, they can't run away with anything. Otherwise, they can hop from guild to guild with new characters and take a bit from each -- it adds up.

And let the leader set limits on how much each rank is allowed to take out. And yes, of course, there would have to be a log of who took what. Don't see how else it could work.

Cascade
07-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Yeah you should have to be promoted at least couple times and then you can access stash

EDIT:Awesome ideas guys! :)

Otukura
07-11-2011, 02:32 PM
First, the only ranks so far I've seen are Leader, Officer, and Member. So doing this by rank I don't think is feasible.

I'd still prefer a loan option, like in RS. But instead of only being able to loan to a player being able to load to the guild.

Lesrider
07-11-2011, 02:34 PM
O&C has a fourth rank called "new member." So if stashes were added, could just make it so new members have no access to stash until they're promoted to a full member.

Cascade
07-11-2011, 02:36 PM
I think you should be able to create your own ranks...like when you create the guild you have an option to have 2, 3, 4, 5 kinds of ranks then you can name them? You could have certain names blocked too so you can't have cuss words and stuff.

Register
07-11-2011, 02:40 PM
With a guild stash, people could steal everything. However, if it was like people could borrow an item and after a set amount of time set by guild bankers, the item would go back to the loan area. If the person is using it, the person would not lose it immediately but after he/she is like a minute done in combat.

Haikus
07-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Yeah, an item. But, what if it's gold? You spend it, the system can't put gold back if you don't have any.

Lesrider
07-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Why would you even want to put gold in there?
Stash would be best for lending/giving gear to guildmates who could use it more than you can.

Haikus
07-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Well, you put gold/items/ & potions in an individual stash, don't you? Figured it'd just carry over. Meh. Just my two cents.

Derajdefyre
07-11-2011, 03:03 PM
You could copy the way WoW did it. There are different stashes and each rank has a different amount of access. So for instance, Stash 1 could have totally open access for members and officers, stash 2 could have a limit of one per day for members but unlimited for officers, stash 3 could have a limit of one per day for officers and nothing for normal members.

Cascade
07-11-2011, 03:17 PM
I like the idea where only certain ranks can access the stash...any other ideas?

Redbridge
07-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Would definitely need to be on a loan basis. We already have give/trade for permanent loans,etc.

What about guild stash with a 'return' button next to each item. Also a borrow button, with loan period options settable by the guild officers/leaders.

This would be a large piece of work for devs to code and each guild would require it's own backend table/database. This might be an issue but I really hope not, I'd love to see this in game.

I'd go as far too say it's at the top of my wish list for both PL and SL.

Cascade
07-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Yeah I know that would he awesome...great suggestions so far guys keep them coming :)

Phoenixking
07-11-2011, 04:03 PM
How about they can only get one item until they return it they can get new item and amount increase the higher the rank if you leave guild the item goes back and how about a time limit of having that item every 2weeks it goes back to stash and you have to borrow it again you cant steal anyway cause you cant sell it or trade it or liquadate
And there could be guild banker officer member new member leader event setter and something vice leadee like thing

Piosidon
07-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Or a Plat section where no one can take the plat, not even the leader, and save the plat as a guild to buy a better guild hall.
Just an idea for those who use tapjoy and get like 1 plat for each app they download.

Gaddy
07-11-2011, 05:12 PM
This idea is kind of an iffy for me :( what if one day a guild member turns bad and steals all the items from the stash and leaves? there could be a master " return per order of the guild master" button for guild owned equipment. That would not be too hard to program...

Orcish
07-11-2011, 06:40 PM
I think you should be able to create your own ranks...like when you create the guild you have an option to have 2, 3, 4, 5 kinds of ranks then you can name them? You could have certain names blocked too so you can't have cuss words and stuff. I had the same idea but I hadn't the time to go into detail (I was on lunch at the NCO Academy). Here's an overview of what I was thinking.

All bank storage tabs would be able to have their own "simple" titles set by the guild leader (with the same chat filter restrictions). Withdrawal limits set by the guild could include, gold, item quantity, length of loan, and member's rank storage access (again set by guild leader). Let's talk about the bank loan system. I'll use an example, to help explain my idea.

Orcish is a "New Recruit" and has the rank of "PVT" which allows him the ability to; access bank storage tab 3, withdrawal one item and 500 gold every 24 hours. Orcish can view other tabs but has no permissions allowing him to manipulate the other storage tabs(because the guild leader has set the option for all guildies to view all tabs, not just certain officer's, even though they could restrict viewing). Orcish withdrawals an item from bank storage tab 3 which happens to have an "item loan return" (Set particularly for bank storage tab 3 by the guild leader). When Orcish pulls the item from the bank, a ghost icon version of that item appears in the slot where the "physical" item was taken from. Twenty days later, Orcish forgets he has an item on loan status and that item teleports back to the slot, from which it came. Had Orcish clicked on the item prior to it being repossed, he would of seen the; date and time he withdrew the item and how many days and hours left on loan. The guild leader and the officers of the guild had now worries, because all they had to do was, select the ghost item in the bank slot, which would highlight it the ghost item/place keeper, and an information screen would popup with "Withdraw Date:6JULY2011/12:22PM PST BY: ORCISH DUE: 26JULY2011 BY:12:22PM PST" Had Orcish deleted his character, all "Loaned" items would of automatically teleported back to their respective bank storage slots (hence why there is a ghost version of that item). Orcish couldn't trade the item, nor could he sell it, even though he tried. Guild leaders could relax knowing that their guild leader made correct security decisions for the group and that there was always a bank log, to verify all banking activity. Had Orcish been a "Sgt" rank he would been able to hold on to the item without restriction from nontradable status and without a "due" date (because the guild leader set the options for the SGT's rank to "No Item Loan Return"). Also had Orcish been a SGT, he could of sold the item because it was no longer a nontrade or a "loan" item.

I feel that guild leaders must suffer a plat or gold penalty anytime after the first permissions are set, to detour fraud or any potential issues in relation. With a system like this, I don't see how anyone could exploit the bank, unless the guild leader made poor choices in setting up the guild bank options/permissions. I don't know, what do you guys think?

Cascade
07-11-2011, 08:39 PM
I like that idea orchish very nice!

Lesrider
07-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Hmm orcish, I like your idea, but concerned about having certain people be allowed to take items and keep them while everyone else can only borrow. Unless the plan is that only the leader & officers will put stuff in. Would suck to be a regular member and only be able to borrow things, while officers can keep them. Especially if, as a member, you've personally donated stuff to the guild. To avoid drama, seems like everyone should only be able to borrow. Unless you putthe item in yourself, perhaps you should be able to take it back if you so desire.

Orcish
07-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Hmm orcish, I like your idea, but concerned about having certain people be allowed to take items and keep them while everyone else can only borrow. Unless the plan is that only the leader & officers will put stuff in. Would suck to be a regular member and only be able to borrow things, while officers can keep them. Especially if, as a member, you've personally donated stuff to the guild. To avoid drama, seems like everyone should only be able to borrow. Unless you putthe item in yourself, perhaps you should be able to take it back if you so desire. Well that really falls to the guild leader. If people don't like the way the guild bank is setup, they can always discuss it with the guild leadership. If the guild leadership won't listen or compromise, then players should ask themselves, "Do I still want to be a part of this guild?". Also it's the responsibility of that player, to know about the rules and regulations of the guild, prior to them joining. You can also have items be tagged with the original "donator" name.

Any good guild should have members on a trial period to see how players are and to earn the trust of the guild. IMO it's foolish to allow new members full access to the bank without some sort of restriction. If you just made a friend at work, could you trust them with the keys to your house? Remember you just befriended them... I'm just saying :)

Sunluna
07-11-2011, 08:58 PM
With a guild stash, people could steal everything. However, if it was like people could borrow an item and after a set amount of time set by guild bankers, the item would go back to the loan area. If the person is using it, the person would not lose it immediately but after he/she is like a minute done in combat.

I was actually thinking the same thing. For example, if a guild member had some old items that they wouldn't mind sharing, they could put it in the guild stash with a specified expiration date designated by the item's owner. When this expiration date comes, the item is automatically returned at the earliest time of convenience to the guild stash, like Register was saying.

I also like the idea of having different ranks in the guilds. However, I don't think the creation of different ranks should allow certain players to withdraw different amounts of gold or plat depending on their rank. Even if they are ranked highly in the guild, it is still possible for them to abuse the guild stash system and take too much without returning anything.

Maybe instead of having a deposit and withdraw system for gold, it could be just a way to donate money to the guild. Or there could be rules that you could only withdraw a certain amount of gold depending on how much money you deposit. For instance, if you deposit 500 gold in the guild stash, you would only be allowed to withdraw 250 gold. Again, this could be abused somehow so maybe it isn't the best idea, just offering up some suggestions. :D

Anyway, I'm excited to see how the guilds will work out :)

SknyAndy
07-11-2011, 10:03 PM
I would be down if the guild master had to specifically appoint the people that could remove items from the stash.

I don't know of that was said already but if it was it was a great idea ;)

Cuensour
07-11-2011, 10:20 PM
And if they had a log to keep track of what has been taken out

friedkimchi
07-12-2011, 02:23 AM
The only other MMO I played was Maplestory a few years back, and though it had guilds, 5 levels of membership including guildmaster, there was no guild bank. Might have changed now though?

Seems pointless to have a guild bank as there are too many unknown factors in play, ie is the person trustworthy?, I would only join a guild for the money and more.

Orcish
07-12-2011, 09:42 AM
*BUMP*

Mrdingle
09-11-2011, 10:10 PM
why not make it so that when guilds do runs together, like on guardian, they can set it so that all specified items (i.e. legendary, rare) get marked as the guilds. That way the only way you can have them is if you're in the guild.

BodMaster
09-12-2011, 06:42 AM
I would be down if the guild master had to specifically appoint the people that could remove items from the stash.

I don't know of that was said already but if it was it was a great idea ;)

And if they had a log to keep track of what has been taken out

Read Orcish post above you will learn alot :)

why not make it so that when guilds do runs together, like on guardian, they can set it so that all specified items (i.e. legendary, rare) get marked as the guilds. That way the only way you can have them is if you're in the guild.

Personally would not approve of this, imagine someone got a 'Vanity drop' and that went to the Guild, alot of people would be... well you could guess.. plus i think what Orcish has discussed above is the best possible outcome for this, sure people will always try and abuse these systems and may even succeed but a Guild Bank would always be more beneficial to all GMs/Officers/Members than not having one in place at all.

And for people that would like to keep the weapons/items needed then the GM could still go in and get that item and passing/trading it the officer/member if needed as we do now (nothing would stop them from doing this) but this would be a system in which others officers/members could access this at all times obviously following the system or similiar system as to what Orcish has described.

BRAVO!! :applause:

Would love to see something of this nature to be put into place me and Cas have had some long discussions on this matter.

As a Co-GM a good amount of members come to myself and pass on the items/credits/pots that they want to add to the guild bank in PL and SL, glad they find me trusting enough to do this as we do hand pick our members to reach this kind of agreement, it would be great if this was not needed as I buy plat storage each time (Which I personally dont mind if it betters the guild) and have to wait until GM (Cas) is online to pass these on, also hard to track what has been given and whats mine so I end up passing all I have to him. (Though I have my own little solution for this, so glad items are not set by ascending or descending this would mess my system right up :p)

Anyway going off subject a little - anything even as small as a donation guild bank items/credit/pots was possible I would be happy with but if it is possible for the devs to put Orcish idea into effect now that would be absolutely amazing!!! xD