PDA

View Full Version : Guilds Overview

Samhayne
07-11-2011, 02:46 PM
The Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles Limited Beta on Verizon V CAST (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?29338-Star-Legends-Verizion-V-CAST-Limited-Beta) includes a great feature for playing with your friends - GUILDS!

Note: Guilds functionality will also be included in Pocket Legends with the release of the next expansion: Music, Madness and Blood! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?29377)

Everyone wants to hang out with friends and fun people. A common way to do this in MMO games is to create a Guild. A Guild is a feature that allows friends and like-minded players to band together under a unified name.

Create a Guild
Anyone can create a Guild. To do so, you can visit the Guild Terminal on the main deck of the UCS-Blackstar or, go to your Avatar's Social Tab and then to the Guild Tab. Currently, in Star Legends Beta creation of a Guild costs either 20 Platinum or 10,000 Credits. For those reading this from a Pocket Legends perspective, Gold is equivalent to Credits.

Whoever purchases the Guild Charter becomes the Guild Leader.

Manage Your Guild Invites
Once you created your guild, you will want to invite your friends. You can do this in two ways.

Tap on your friend's character, then Tap on the "Invite to Guild" button
Type into chat /g i <name>
This is short for typing in /guild invite <name>

The player will be able to review their Guild Invites by going to their Avatar, then the Social Tab and then to Guilds. Here you can see what it looks like to get an invite from the Beta Guild.

Guild Chat
Now that you have some friends in your guild, you can make use of your own private Guild Chat. To chat to all of your guild members precede the message you want to send with /g

For example, "/g Welcome to the guild!"

Guild Chat shows up as green in color.

Guild Icon or Guild Name
By default, when you are in a Guild an Icon will display next to your name.

The blue icon displays for your guild and anyone else in your guild. A tan icon shows that someone is in a different guild from yours.

If you want to display the full guild name under your name, you can change that in options. The guild Icons are a way to help with visual clutter when there are a lot of guilds and names on the screen.

Guild Roster
Once your guild is formed, you can view a roster of the Guild's members.

Guild Permissions
At the Guild Roster, the Guild Leader can promote Members to be Officers.

Officers can invite and remove people from the Guild.

In the above image you can see that Cassric, Justg and Thade are officers, while Acetaminophen is a Member.

Additionally, should someone want to purchase a Guild or a Guild Hall, the leadership of the Guild can be transferred. This is done with the star with arrow on each element of the guild roster or by the use of the chat command /guild transferleadership.

Guild Halls
There are different Guild Halls available for purchase.

Currently, in Beta, here are the prices:

The first Guild Hall gives you a nifty space to hang out in, all your own. To go into the Guild Hall, go to the Guild Teleporter.

The 2nd Guild Hall - The Habitus "Battle Barracks" Compound sports a vendor for lower priced Stim Packs.

The 3rd Guild Hall - The DynaSTAR "Galaxy" Penthouse has both the vendor for lower priced Stim Packs and a vendor for lower priced enhancers, and enhancers for credits.

The Guild functionality is our first offering for Guilds. As MMO players ourselves, we know there is a lot more we can do to add to the Guild Experience. If you would like to voice your feelings for what would be cool to add to Guilds, please post your suggestions.

Have fun!

Cascade
07-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Awesome thanks for the info sam :)

ThisGuy0502
07-11-2011, 02:54 PM
The thing about "/g i" is that you cant start a guild messege with the letter i... it always says that this person does not exists e.g. "i will join you", 'will' does not exists"

Lesrider
07-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Sam, any chance of giving the guild leader the ability to give his position to someone else? I can think of a number of reasons this could come in handy:
-Leader won't be able to play for a while but doesn't want to leave the guild without a leader. Without being able to change the leader, the guild might just break down in his absence.
-A group of friends want a specific person to be the leader, but he/she can't afford the plat. So someone else can buy it and then give over leadership to the other person.
-Someone just realizes that they don't like being leader (but wants to remain in the guild) and would like to pass leadership on to someone else.

Obviously, there should be some pop-up warning that if you give up leadership, you do so at your own risk and STS won't ge involved in any disputes that arise from such an action.

(P.S. We can see which class the devs favor most ;). )

WoundedEagle
07-11-2011, 02:55 PM
WOOt Look at me :)

Haikus
07-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Sam, any chance of giving the guild leader the ability to give his position to someone else? I can think of a number of reasons this could come in handy:
-Leader won't be able to play for a while but doesn't want to leave the guild without a leader. Without being able to change the leader, the guild might just break down in his absence.
-A group of friends want a specific person to be the leader, but he/she can't afford the plat. So someone else can buy it and then give over leadership to the other person.
-Someone just realizes that they don't like being leader (but wants to remain in the guild) and would like to pass leadership on to someone else.

Obviously, there should be some pop-up warning that if you give up leadership, you do so at your own risk and STS won't ge involved in any disputes that arise from such an action.

Edit: Computer lagged. What I said was. You can. Crimson, bought a guild hall, he was leader. Our guild leader wasn't in beta, now he is. Now, he is leader. Unless they asked a dev to do that, then Idk. Though, I think Crimson told me he just switched it over to him.

Otukura
07-11-2011, 03:01 PM

I think Sam is the only op, maybe Cas is too.

G is Commando
Thade is Eng
and I forget als

Lesrider
07-11-2011, 03:03 PM
I think Sam is the only op, maybe Cas is too.

G is Commando
Thade is Eng
and I forget als

It says Operative next to all their names.

Haikus
07-11-2011, 03:08 PM
It says Operative next to all their names.

Yeah, but the OP's have white helms by their names, Eng's have green helms beside there names, and Com's have blue helms with orange/red eyes beside there names. Sam is the only one with a white helm beside his name. Though, I see the error in the picture.

Cascade
07-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Cassric is an engie its his favorite class :)

Lesrider
07-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Yeah, but the OP's have white helms by their names, Eng's have green helms beside there names, and Com's have blue helms with orange/red eyes beside there names. Sam is the only one with a white helm beside his name. Though, I see the error in the picture.

Ooo glitched devs or glitched guild?

Haikus
07-11-2011, 03:13 PM

Probably, glitched showing of guild roster, but only devs' can tell us what it's a glitch of.

Btw, Sam, Cascade has an on going discussion about Guild Stashes. Here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30655-Guild-Stash

Lesrider
07-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Edit: Computer lagged. What I said was. You can. Crimson, bought a guild hall, he was leader. Our guild leader wasn't in beta, now he is. Now, he is leader. Unless they asked a dev to do that, then Idk. Though, I think Crimson told me he just switched it over to him.

Ah ok. It didn't say anything about that so thought maybe you couldn't. Ignore my post then :)

(Btw, that NPC's smile really creeps me out.)

JaytB
07-11-2011, 03:17 PM
So excited about this announcement :banana:
I'll be sure to post a list of suggestions very soon :)

Justg
07-11-2011, 03:26 PM

Bug, should be fixed with the next push. Thanks!

Cascade
07-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Could we get a "sit" option when we go to a chair in the guild tier or would that be to complicated?

joeychandler
07-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Interesting that Sam is the guild master as justG is just an "officer"

Lesrider
07-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Interesting that Sam is the guild master as justG is just an "officer"

I would guess Sam is online more, so makes sense.

Haikus
07-11-2011, 04:22 PM
I would guess Sam is online more, so makes sense.

Nah, Sam created the guild. That's why he's master.

Piosidon
07-11-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm so eager to play SL that I could just look at those pics all day long

CappinClutch
07-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Haha look at me in the screenshot!

Fyrce
07-11-2011, 05:08 PM
LOL.

I'm guessing
/g i = /g invite
So you can't have just "i" after "/g"
Maybe just don't have a space: Iwill or Ill, etc.
Or maybe unless you're a guildmaster or a guild officer, it shouldn't see "/g i" as "/g invite"

AOmonsta
07-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks for all the details. I love the discounted potions.

Questions:

Is there any way to view created guilds, with details on members and what not? I have not seen any of that yet.

Also being able to create custom guild icons would be cool.

Windboot
07-11-2011, 07:30 PM
I can think of a war of guild maybe? Where all the guild gather to fight for something worthy every once in a week. And guild alliance will be a good add. A guild info when we click on a player with a guild, it ll pop out the guild info with current stats like leader and officer or maybe a ranking system for guild.

Anyway I hope u guys implemented this as well into PL. Cant hardly wait for this XD.

Samhayne
07-12-2011, 01:17 PM

This functionality currently exists in Star Legends Beta. My apologies for not mentioning it in the original post. Here's what I updated the post with:

...should someone want to purchase a Guild or a Guild Hall, the leadership of the Guild can be transferred. This is done with the star with arrow on each element of the guild roster or by the use of the chat command /guild transferleadership.

alexjp
07-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Wait is it just me or is Sam using like an iPhone 4 to takes the screen shots :)

The keyboard

superglut2
07-12-2011, 01:37 PM
sounds great

nakedspacemonkey
07-12-2011, 11:38 PM
So awesome. Im so ready for this game. I hope the in-game guild will also appear in Pocket Legends soon, then my life will be complete. lol

Prest87
07-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Hurry up apple now and approve!

ratava
07-13-2011, 04:43 AM
Can't wait to get stuck in - This is a MASSIVE feature to have. Txs STS.

Btw, any chance you STS devs will be setting up Guilds and running with players??? ;)

Mkcecil
07-13-2011, 05:13 AM
Can't wait to get stuck in - This is a MASSIVE feature to have. Txs STS.

Btw, any chance you STS devs will be setting up Guilds and running with players??? ;)

Oh that would be amazing to run with Sam :) or be in his guild :O oh the possibilities! But the real question is,

*drum roll*
can I join?

AOmonsta
07-13-2011, 07:05 AM
I can think of a war of guild maybe? Where all the guild gather to fight for something worthy every once in a week. And guild alliance will be a good add. A guild info when we click on a player with a guild, it ll pop out the guild info with current stats like leader and officer or maybe a ranking system for guild.

Anyway I hope u guys implemented this as well into PL. Cant hardly wait for this XD.

Yea a large map for guild battles would be cool. Reminds me of the Halo 2 clan battles. Good times.

jpcguy
07-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Join elder scrolls guild i have the biggest guild house my ign is jpcguy im new to the guild stuff but will learn and help out when i can

CrimsonTider
07-13-2011, 06:03 PM
As Haikus said earlier, and I can confirm, Guild Leader can be transferred but only by the current guild leader. I purchased the guild and hall on the first day. Once our leader earned a key, I went to the guild screen, selected his name, and pressed the spot for transfer. It is rather simple.

Piosidon
07-14-2011, 02:03 AM
This functionality currently exists in Star Legends Beta. My apologies for not mentioning it in the original post. Here's what I updated the post with:

So who decides on who gets the leadeship? The original leader?

Samhayne
07-14-2011, 03:37 AM
So who decides on who gets the leadeship? The original leader?

Yes, they choose who to pass the leadership too. Then, that leader could choose to pass the leadership on.

Whoever is the current leader of the guild can choose to pass the leadership to another member.

superglut2
07-14-2011, 05:15 AM
soumds good

MoarPewPew
07-14-2011, 07:50 AM
So from what I read, only the guild leader can buy the guild hall and other cool guild specific items. (Yes i know the guild master can be transferred)
But, if the person who bought the plat item such as the guild hall and decided to leave the guild, would that mean the item stays or goes from the guild ? Is it bound to the player that got it or to the guild master ?

I can see many problems with this if people decide to leave there guild to join another.

Samhayne
07-14-2011, 03:49 PM
The stuff (like the upgraded guild hall) stays with the guild.

MoarPewPew
07-14-2011, 05:22 PM
The stuff (like the upgraded guild hall) stays with the guild.

Thanks for the reply. :)

ratava
07-15-2011, 04:01 AM
As said, not played the beta yet, but hope we can view Guilds available for recruiting etc and some infos on the guilds etc?

Also, for future features, some guild battles would be very nice, using the competition features possibly?

Jedispartan
07-22-2011, 12:32 AM
As said, not played the beta yet, but hope we can view Guilds available for recruiting etc and some infos on the guilds etc?

Also, for future features, some guild battles would be very nice, using the competition features possibly?

I agree guild battles wood be sweet ;)

Aperfecte
07-26-2011, 09:36 PM
is there a limit on how many members a guild is allowed? can i join more then one guild?

AOmonsta
07-27-2011, 07:08 AM
is there a limit on how many members a guild is allowed? can i join more then one guild?

I think you can only join one per character. But you can be in a different guild with another account. Depending on if your original guild approves of that or not, but most seem to be cool about it.

lethalchick
07-27-2011, 10:11 AM
To talk to you guild members just type /g! :D

Engelhard
08-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Guilds that earn exp and lvl to give members a common goal is alot of fun

It would be sweet if this feature was available for our guilds

Dracula
09-04-2011, 10:35 PM
First of all, thanks devs for creating a fantastic way for me to waste time.

Few ideas:

-An easier way for the Guild Master to invite his or her alternates into the guild.

-The ability to turn off guild member kicking powers for certain officers, or maybe a separate rank that can recruit but not boot. There can also be a feature that requires approval from the Guild Master for any kicks. This would prevent any griefers and reduce the perma-ban workload.

-A guild mailbox, possibly with a message read feature. It's hard to coordinate sometimes with so many members in different time zones.

-A menu shortcut to the guild hall