PDA

View Full Version : Least Popular Class?

MasterFug
07-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Good Afternoon,

I've played all 3 classes and have enjoyed them a great bit. I can't make the final decision on which class to stick with as my main, so it is going to come down to the most unpopular class. What class do you think will continue to be the least played?

I appreciate your opinions.

Pharcyde
07-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Engineer - Lack of AoE makes the class unenjoyable. But it's superior HOT and MOT abilities makes it a must for all parties.

Arterra
07-11-2011, 04:28 PM
lol i love engie. lots of healing spells and is the only class that can raise m/s for the party.
think of the engie as the epitome of the support class. armor buff, regen buff, heal party, and damage over time to single targets, usually bosses. the trick with engie is to stack all your DoT on the strongest enemy, and switch over to autoattack the weaker ones. means you have to click around a bit, but it is quite enjoyable to play with that level of strategy.

tbh, what i see the least of is commando. playing one at the beginning i found hard due to stim usage, and that might make it unpopular for new players.

Otukura
07-11-2011, 04:29 PM
lol i love engie. lots of healing spells and is the only class that can raise m/s for the party.

tbh, what i see the least of is commando. playing one at the beginning i found hard due to stim usage, and that might make it unpopular for new players.

Completely agree with this, sorry Phar.

MasterFug
07-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Can we all agree that the most played looks to be operative?

Still not sure what Im going to go with. I wish we knew all of the skills.

Gaddy
07-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Engineer - Lack of AoE makes the class unenjoyable. But it's superior HOT and MOT abilities makes it a must for all parties.disagree. The smaller spaces and "necessary teamwork" aspect of this game makes AOE spells a bit like shooting squirrels with a M-16.

I LOVE the one spell that "jumps" from one enemy to another. Maybe that's a compromise?

Flowman
07-11-2011, 06:08 PM
IMO ops SHOULD be the least played...lowest armor, no AOE...unless I'm stupid, and only that basic heal that as far as I know commando has as well. Although a team of ops has the highest DPS, for most of the levels, especially in Delta-7, the mobs die so fast that I find myself locking on to a target only to have it die before I can shoot.

I think a good team should be 1 operative, 2 engineers, and 2 commandos. Unless it's the harder levels with the high hp mobs with high regen rates...then maybe 2 ops, 2 engs, 1 com.

Note: I have a lvl 20 operative and Ive just started my engineer...havent tried commando yet.

SknyAndy
07-12-2011, 09:53 AM
All classes are needed in groups.even more so than in PL. That's one thing I really love about SL.

Not sure which is the least popular but in my mind the hardest to get used to is the eng. HOT and DOT are hard to get used to. I can imagine some people may wait to get them to higher lvls.

Derajdefyre
07-12-2011, 01:20 PM
I always feel like there aren't enough engineers. I have seen tons of commandos. Commando is hard early on, but at level 20 with all my AoE abilities I can seriously wreck packs of enemies.

grayfox99
07-12-2011, 02:01 PM
I see a TON of operatives, but not a lot of engineers, I'm usually the only one in groups that I'm in. Commandos seem to be fairly common tho.

Register
07-12-2011, 02:50 PM
im not in beta but it sounds like commandos are pretty common. But im not sure how having multiples of them becomes an advantage. A team of operatives probably cant even finish certain levels because there are doors that only certain classes can hack. Unless the doors and levels adapt to the party.

Faust
07-12-2011, 04:04 PM
The class specific doors are bonus areas. Never required to finish the level. Eng is by far the least used. It's a fun class, and it keeps you thinking. Skills are extremely useful both alone and in parties. Op is probably my favorite right now, but that's because he seems to be the most capable of solo'n levels and far too often am I the only one on the list playing the level I need for a quest. Once the game picks up I'm sure we'll see a lot more eng.

Flowman
07-12-2011, 04:11 PM
im not in beta but it sounds like commandos are pretty common. But im not sure how having multiples of them becomes an advantage. A team of operatives probably cant even finish certain levels because there are doors that only certain classes can hack. Unless the doors and levels adapt to the party.

These doors aren't critical to finishing a mission

Quientar
07-19-2011, 08:05 AM
Engineers are almost required in any party. Healing the party while damaging mobs/bosses. They can solo delta-7 pretty good until the last level or two pretty easy.

Commandos deal with creat cont, and are a necessity for areas with mobs of creats, and most of their skills are either taunt or knockdown. They have a little trouble soloing at early levels, but at around level 7 or so, they can stand on their own, but shine in a party while fighting mobs.

Operatives are the worst balanced class as compared to engineers imo. They have the middle dps, are basically single target shooters (Great against bosses, but not good against mobs), wear the worst armor, and their healing actually reduces their dam and dps. The hardest class to play imo.

Regardless of the above, ops are ehat ive seen most often with eng's the least common.

Flowman
07-19-2011, 08:18 AM
From what I've seen after 2 weeks or so of beta (I think it's been this long...losing track of time) many low level players come in to the game as operatives as their first class. However, upon making a few classes and leveling to the level cap, I find most people with multiple 20s/21s choose to play as a commando or an engineer over their operative. I know that I personally use my engineer over my operative 90% of the time If I'm doing a run on a harder level.

Aculeas
07-19-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm pretty sure the majority of students in my school hated math class.

Anywho. Play all 3. They all good. It's good. It's all good.

Acyer
07-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Well I'm a commando and I love it to death. Also have a eng and op at 20 but the two I enjoy the most 1st being commando second operative.