View Full Version : Star Legends 1.0.1 has been submitted to Apple!

Pages : 1 [2]

Durnam
08-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Huh?

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2009-11-22/20091122193905318,1.shtml

Mkcecil
08-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Oh neat!! I wanna play :D

Sentinel
08-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Well all I know is that if apple doesnt release it soon they are gonna lose a lot of paying customers

Steverd
08-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Well all I know is that if apple doesnt release it soon they are gonna lose a lot of paying customers

I'm pretty sure Apple lost it!
Has it been a month now? Or just three weeks since submitting it?

Steverd

Sentinel
08-20-2011, 09:14 PM
This wait is ridiculos I hope apple knows they are pieces of crap to me I hate this people are gonna max out on lvls before we even get to play. The devs worked so hard. Also why have we not been told if it was rejected

sente
08-21-2011, 08:20 AM
I always liked Apple because they were the underdogs, but if they are turning into the overseers, they will lose people like me.

Apple has a market cap of over 330 billion dollars, twice as large as Google, more than 50% larger than Microsoft and at least briefly the largest company in the US, based on market cap (putting Exxon in #2 position). A very successful underdog.

Ellyidol
08-21-2011, 08:26 AM
This wait is ridiculos I hope apple knows they are pieces of crap to me I hate this people are gonna max out on lvls before we even get to play. The devs worked so hard. Also why have we not been told if it was rejected

Because it hasn't been rejected. If news comes out on the date as to when it will be released, I'm sure STS is as eager as us to hear of it.

To be honest, I don't know what's taking too long either. I thought that the plat issue was keeping it stalled, either there's more or Apple has a very bad queue efficiency.

If it's not out by this week, then something seems fishy.

shannong
08-21-2011, 10:15 AM
To add to the mystery surrounding the delay/rejection of the iOS release of SL, here is an in-game screenshot from the recently released Exitium - Saviors of Varnia, which is currently a FEATURED app in the iOS AppStore:

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-u59ITrtBAxE/TlEdrbv61KI/AAAAAAAAAY8/GB6nfgOG_jQ/s1024/IMAGE_1000000453.JPG

LordEspe
08-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Soooooo.....Universal Plat!? Hmmmmm. Weird!!!!

Mkcecil
08-22-2011, 02:21 AM
To add to the mystery surrounding the delay/rejection of the iOS release of SL, here is an in-game screenshot from the recently released Exitium - Saviors of Varnia, which is currently a FEATURED app in the iOS AppStore:

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-u59ITrtBAxE/TlEdrbv61KI/AAAAAAAAAY8/GB6nfgOG_jQ/s1024/IMAGE_1000000453.JPG

Actually they discussed this on another thread and it's not on android market, so if STS like made pocket legends and star legends iOS only then universal plat wouldn't have gotten in the way, but because of universal plat between the 2 phones, it was in the way of release of star legends, let's hope they will plan on releasing it this year :)

shannong
08-22-2011, 06:40 AM
Actually they discussed this on another thread and it's not on android market, so if STS like made pocket legends and star legends iOS only then universal plat wouldn't have gotten in the way, but because of universal plat between the 2 phones, it was in the way of release of star legends, let's hope they will plan on releasing it this year :)

I doubt that Minoraxis has an exclusive contract with Apple, lol. There's nothing to stop Minoraxis from porting their games to Android too, other than the fact that many app devs are leery of Android because Google isn't doing much to prevent piracy, whereas it's much harder to pirate games on iOS devices. I've seen several devs post horror stories about the huge percentage of active Android installs being reported back by their apps for which they were never paid a single cent.

Piracy is less of an issue for games like this one (or Shadow Era) because their business model pulls in most of the revenue from in-game micro transactions. (Ostensibly, though, this should also be true of the game I screenshotted, which is why it seemed a fair comparison to SL and PL. And why it's probably only a matternof time before you'll see that game on the Android markets too.)

Apostar
08-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Hmmm! I thought all this dealy was because STS simple thought it was a good idea to share plat between the two games only; can't believe there's more to Apples delay than this TOS.

Mkcecil
08-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Well let's hope it comes out this week...or next week or the week after that xD

Lowellpimpd
08-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Pay for name and got shield really getting sick of this!!!!!!!

Olliepop
08-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Getting fed up... Update please, STS.

LordEspe
08-22-2011, 09:59 PM
You guys need to calm down! Ive learned that begging for something that wasn't available never gets u anything! STS has always kept us informed so when the game comes out we will know! Asking OVER AND OVER, doesn't do anything but Increase your post numbers!

Mkcecil
08-22-2011, 11:08 PM
You guys need to calm down! Ive learned that begging for something that wasn't available never gets u anything! STS has always kept us informed so when the game comes out we will know! Asking OVER AND OVER, doesn't do anything but Increase your post numbers!

What if I wanted to increase my posts by complaining xD but on a serious note I think people feel they are losing money from buying plat and getting name reserves and then its taking months for it to come out, as if apple is teasing us :O but we all are trying hard to just wait and relax, me I am trying to get 1m in my storage before the new update or before SL releases. I am trying to find stuff to do,
Here is a list of stuff to do-

1talk on the forums, find info you need
2pvp in PL or level a character
3farm for gold
4look through the cs and try to find good deals :)

Good luck everyone hope it comes out soon.

choco
08-23-2011, 01:59 AM
well....i look at it like this.

ios users had quite a head start on android getting items, currency, and leveling.

now the shoes on the other foot. :devilish: dont get so upset about it tho....its just a game.

this is the result of a guy who once said that if your iphone4 is experiencing connectivity issues, youre just using the phone wrong. ios users are shrinking by the day, and it wont be long before steve jobs empire plays second fiddle to android.

its inevitable.

Growwle
08-23-2011, 02:34 AM
IOS is the "less moving parts to break" OS and there will always be people who would sacrifice the freedom and ability to customize that you have with an Android device for the ease and security of an IOS device. I have never had to clear the keyboard cache on my iPad to get it to work right, but then there is much less content on the internet that I can access too, since QuickTime is too bulky compared to Flash.

Johnaudi
08-23-2011, 04:49 AM
I tried SL on my android,certainly Devs i must say this is a Success! Many diffrences! Android isnt as much amazing as IOS, but may you please fix the sound? When i fire with my gun i dont have any sound,Thanks

ChadM
08-23-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm still excited! New iPad, too. Looking forward to that (rumored) retina displayed iPad 3, I'm hoping STS makes me a super ultra HD version or something.

But yeah, excited as heck. Not sure where the bitterness from some folks is coming from, I'm assuming it's a vocal minority. Chillax. STS made a sweet game, STS built a great ecosystem around it. They are forward thinking and tending the garden, have some patience. They are looking out for us in the long term, let's look out for them a bit. This whole endeavor is a grand experiment with their livelihoods riding on it, they are all in. Have a little faith, it's in their best interest to bend over backwards to make us happy. Think some positive thoughts.

Mkcecil
08-23-2011, 01:12 PM
well....i look at it like this.

ios users had quite a head start on android getting items, currency, and leveling.

now the shoes on the other foot. :devilish: dont get so upset about it tho....its just a game.

this is the result of a guy who once said that if your iphone4 is experiencing connectivity issues, youre just using the phone wrong. ios users are shrinking by the day, and it wont be long before steve jobs empire plays second fiddle to android.

its inevitable.

I doubt android was taking 5 weeks to process PL,when it came out, and I wouldn't be surprised if apple is losing some customers over this but doubt they will lose enough to where android is the new iPhone but I could be wrong.

Liathea
08-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Ooh, update for new client on SL right now. Did Apple finally get their crap together?

ETA: Nope. Of course not. Sorry, iOS-ers.

LessaMoore
08-23-2011, 11:03 PM
How is it that a totally lame app that doesn't work and opens up to a crumpled piece of paper can get approved and SL is still holding? I swear this has to be mercury retrograde, come on Friday! :banana:

davidis57
08-23-2011, 11:13 PM
I doubt android was taking 5 weeks to process PL,when it came out, and I wouldn't be surprised if apple is losing some customers over this but doubt they will lose enough to where android is the new iPhone but I could be wrong.

Android doesn't have an approval process. What gets submitted gets uploaded same day.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20

Snakespeare
08-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Ooh, update for new client on SL right now. Did Apple finally get their crap together?

ETA: Nope. Of course not. Sorry, iOS-ers.

I would like to ask Android users not to do this. You have the game. Please don't flaunt it. It only us want to argue.

Diodge
08-24-2011, 08:43 AM
I wish apple would get this done. I miss my apple people.

MikeMinotaur
08-24-2011, 10:27 AM
For Shannong: Piracy is alive and well on iOS. I literally jailbroke my iPod touch in about 5 minutes. With the proper knowledge, you can get any app free plus most in app purchases. I don't condone this. My reason was and is simply for more system flexibility and customization. Anything from proper multitasking control to themes and the ability to utilize more media types. (Growwle take note if you ever go iOS :)

mugen
08-24-2011, 10:32 AM
For Shannong: Piracy is alive and well on iOS. I literally jailbroke my iPod touch in about 5 minutes. With the proper knowledge, you can get any app free plus most in app purchases. I don't condone this. My reason was and is simply for more system flexibility and customization. Anything from proper multitasking control to themes and the ability to utilize more media types. (Growwle take note if you ever go iOS :)

Amen to this ^ I love My PWNED iPhone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shannong
08-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Pirating mobile games is stupider and more self-defeating than pirating music or movies. If devs don't make money, they stop updating existing games and stop making new, potentially awesome games. Mobile games are as inexpensive as it gets. If you pirate mobile games, you ARE an idiot. No ands, ifs, or buts. You're limiting your future options in the name of what? Saving enough money to buy a half a cup of coffee?

SUPAPRODIGY
08-24-2011, 10:56 AM
ChatM never heard of you

JemNI
08-24-2011, 12:15 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! It's gonna be a whole nother week with no news. I figure if it isn't out by tomorrow, it won't be before Monday. Poo. It's been ages since Sam has said anything too, so no news is bad news, it would seem. On the plus side, I'm getting closer to 50 with my PL archer. Heck, I may actually make 55 before the new levels are released. Not sure what's holding those up now. You'd think they could have switched the order, seeing how long we've been waiting for SL.

Samhayne
08-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Nothing to say really. We continue to work with Apple to obtain approval. When we get it, we'll let everyone know!

wvhills
08-24-2011, 12:25 PM
SamHayne, can you be a little more specific on what the hold up is? Is apple requiring you guys to do something you don't want to do?

It seems like if it was something technical you guys would have it finished by now. It comes across to me like you guys are in a battle of wills and the players are the ones being hurt. I could be way off base though. Lol.

LessaMoore
08-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Nothing to say really. We continue to work with Apple to obtain approval. When we get it, we'll let everyone know!

It's because of the Mercury Retrograde isn't it. :) delay delay delay, miscommunication, equipment malfunctions, talks slow down, emails get lost or overlooked, cars breakdown at the weirdest moments and for no apparent reason, etc......
:banana:

shannong
08-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the update, SamHayne.

fruitbattwo
08-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Hey everyone. I was just watching the news and it says the guy who create idevices is quitting because of a medical condition :( . I'm not really sure how he is connected to iTunes and app store but this brings our chances of star legends coming out low

alexjp
08-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Hey everyone. I was just watching the news and it says the guy who create idevices is quitting because of a medical condition :( . I'm not really sure how he is connected to iTunes and app store but this brings our chances of star legends coming out low
Fruit Steve Jobs was re CEO of apple. I don't think this will affect anything because I think the new CEO is named something cook,but steve will be a chairmen

fruitbattwo
08-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Fruit Steve Jobs was re CEO of apple. I don't think this will affect anything because I think the new CEO is named something cook,but steve will be a chairmenK thanks for the info

Conradin
08-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Fruit Steve Jobs was re CEO of apple. I don't think this will affect anything because I think the new CEO is named something cook,but steve will be a chairmen

It has very little, if any connection to the release of SL. I'm hoping we get it next Monday.

Kalielle
08-25-2011, 05:18 AM
I think Steve Jobs tried SL on his Droid and resigned in dismay when he saw how much his company delayed the release of such a great game.

Acyer
08-25-2011, 07:46 AM
I think Steve Jobs tried SL on his Droid and resigned in dismay when he saw how much his company delayed the release of such a great game.
Good one lol...

Blind
08-25-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm hoping we get it next Monday.
Bah...another monday speculation...oh well...

Suntv
08-25-2011, 01:06 PM
So I just heard that this link is on a STS page on a site called facebook: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-legends-3d-mmo/id439757470?ls=1&mt=8

If it's mallware, I'll let you know... Installing now

Dipo
08-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Sigh... I start school again on monday

Suntv
08-25-2011, 01:23 PM
So I just heard that this link is on a STS page on a site called facebook: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-legends-3d-mmo/id439757470?ls=1&mt=8

If it's mallware, I'll let you know... Installing now

App seems like the real deal. SL for iOS is out!!

Can devs confirm?

ChadM
08-25-2011, 09:49 PM
I'm playing it on my iPad right now, looks like lots of fun!

I may have to skip the personal trainer next week to squeeze in a bit of playtime, I'm excited! Now if I can just figure out how to get my reserved name accessed and cash in on some free plat... :P