PDA

View Full Version : Engineer skills discussion/testing (beta 1.0)

Arterra
07-11-2011, 08:36 PM
did minor research with skills i currently have... mind you cant remember names, but can edit if you wish to contribute :)

all tests done with no added stats, and no weapon equipped, for purest powers. tested on the very first map at dynastar so as to try getting mobs with no/negligible armor. there is the odd number sometimes but i'm just listing the usual numbers.
note: since skills are almost always predictable in upgrades, only bothered to get first two levels.

Wither:
lv1 - 4-5 dmg
lv2 - 5/7 dmg
note: bread and butter DoT, spam on high hp mobs to auto-attack kill minions.

Leech:
lv1 - 4-5 dmg
lv2 - 5-7 dmg
note: does about half the damage overall than red DoT, but heals when it hits for that damage.

Empathy:
lv1 - 11-14 hp
lv2 - 16-17 hp
note: only heals twice

party armor:
lv1 - 10 armor
lv2 - 20 armor
note: pretty darn long lasting, and have seen them stack before.

shield:
lv1 - 20 armor
lv2 - 40 armor
note: while provides armor, doesnt last long when under fire. exact shield hp pending.

mesmerize:
lv1 - 2 targets
lv2 - 3 targets
note: solo=essential groups=difficult. barrels/explosive mobs and you aoe attack ruin it.

transference:
stats given on description, didnt feel like using more plat xD feel free to test for typos

revive:
every level lowers mana requirement by 5. also gives 1 M/s and 1 armor party buff, prob same as PL (1 minute no stack wont chage per upgrade)

...experts want to step up?

Zbooo
07-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Red DoTs:
Wither
Pain
Green DoTs:
Leech
HoTs:
Empathy
AoE:
Transference(The more Mobs are affected the bigger the heal)

Note: You can consider Pain an AoE/DoT because after 3 secs it blows up.

AOmonsta
07-11-2011, 10:50 PM
What does the DoT, AoE, etc. stand for? I've seen em used before but never knew what they meant. Thanks.

Diodge
07-11-2011, 10:57 PM
dont forget to lock your guild runs..... I couldnt stop my fingers from posting this..... (((hug))) lol

Im playing on such a small screen. I can hardly tell the damage numbers to test damage/heals out. I need my pad online to see.
I dont know how they would feel if I copy the apk file to a android tablet after I downloaded it on my phone. I dont want to test out the ban side of beta. /evil grin

Diodge
07-11-2011, 11:00 PM
dot, red dot - Damage over time
ae- area effect
hot, green dot-heal over time
mot- magic over time

Thats all I can think of right now....

Arterra
07-11-2011, 11:02 PM
What does the DoT, AoE, etc. stand for? I've seen em used before but never knew what they meant. Thanks.

damage over time, area of effect.

dot means the target will keep taking damage over a period of time.
aoe means it hits mobs in an area, around you or around a location.

Zbooo
07-11-2011, 11:24 PM
dont forget to lock your guild runs..... I couldnt stop my fingers from posting this..... (((hug))) lol
You had me laughing last night xD

Otukura
07-11-2011, 11:26 PM
I should say, damage over time in this game is not like thorn wall or anything.

You'll hit them a a while later they'll take, say, an 18, wait a second, they'll take a 20, wait a second, they'll take a 17, etc.

Arterra
07-11-2011, 11:27 PM
I should say, damage over time in this game is not like thorn wall or anything.

You'll hit them a a while later they'll take, say, an 18, wait a second, they'll take a 20, wait a second, they'll take a 17, etc.

yep. once you have stats assigned, and a good weapon. i was testing with no wep or stats, so may look pretty low xD

Zbooo
07-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Arterra now you can put the correct names :)

Osehal
08-08-2011, 02:27 PM
So even though protection has a lower bonus than shield its better? Seems reasonable, given that shield lasts 2 secs in a boss fight when soloing.