PDA

View Full Version : Stop complaining

Befs
04-02-2016, 07:22 AM
The most recent kindness from StS has shown what the ensuing problem with charity is. You give people free stuff, but then they want more! The community often

complains about in game beggars, but after StS does a "giveaway" of crate keys, and you didn't happen to get any, you instantly beg them for some, and talk about

how unfair it is. SpacetimeStudios was kind enough to give you at least one combo elixir to help in your farming and leveling, so take it and be happy.

+ this great post

I think the reason why not everyone has received crate keys is because StS probably wants to see how they affect the balance of the game i.e crates being opened by plat AND non plat users, how it impacts supply/demand of crates, prices and amount of mythics/arcanes in game etc.
To give absolutely every single player access to keys without having any idea how its going to change the game would have been a bad move. Yes it can be deemed unfair but it's no different to a handful of people sampling a new product or recipe in real life. As announced in Remi's update we will see more of these in game soon I think they just want to find the best way to make them available first without it completely breaking the economy even further...

P.S. I got one VIP combo elixir kit and no keys

tomsawer
04-02-2016, 08:18 AM
Ty for saying exactly how I feel

Asron9
04-02-2016, 09:18 AM
+1 Thank You

konafez
04-02-2016, 10:11 AM
I got one VIP combo elix and I'm quite thank full for it

Otahaanak
04-02-2016, 10:13 AM
The beggars have left Garetta and invaded the forums...

IGN:
Drizzitty
Cryformana

supersyan
04-02-2016, 10:25 AM
What they trying to achieve with this crate keys? Economy balance? They already destroyed the market entirely

Those who farmed for glinstone set for months and it got useless after 6 months
Those who crafted orcslayer set and halfway through the glinstone set are fooled
People who bought glinstone mythics fooled.
people who bought arcane weps fooled.
And there are these Infinite infinite bugs ( infinite xp, infinite crate , infinite spawn kills, infinite bots, dummy farmers, infinite stun....
And there is this buff nerf game which is happening so frequently now

And there are casual players who spent money and time on this game to enjoy and they are not getting value for their money. On the other hand, there are thousands of people who playing free and spend large amount time on this game. And they are not getting value for their time. Ofcourse, nobody forces them to pay or play.

And we understand that STS is ultimately a company and game developing is not an easy job as some folks think. It takes lot of time and hard work. And STS can't make everyone happy. But generally people are currently not happy with the decisions you make in game

Befs
04-02-2016, 11:11 AM
@supersyan not quoting a long post, but I don't see what anything you said has to do with crate keys, however as a free to play player, I will most likely buy keys and crates in the future, as they give me an opportunity to open locked crates, and go for arcane loot. Also if I were to work at sts, and be tasked with the job of fixing the economy, I would lower the amount of arcane items that you could loot out of crates, and make more farmable arcanes, that do not follow quest lines, and instead drop ingredients off of bosses. These would be incredibly difficult to create, but would be well worth it, and would last into future caps.

Dragoonclaws
04-02-2016, 11:44 AM
The introduction of crate keys was there to counter the account sharing for platinum purchases. Some players are asking for account information to buy platinums for other players in exchange of gold.

To counter that major problem and keep the platinum buyers, StS created Crate Keys for people to buy crate keys with platinum and sell the keys for gold. Does this make sense for everyone?

herculeans
04-02-2016, 11:48 AM
Giving 200k to selected people nd they said it was given randomly

Ps those people never opened those keys take a look on auc ;)

Yohan Blank
04-02-2016, 11:52 AM
everyone has crate keys=almost no need to buy platinum=sts lose money asf=no more money=sts will be depressed
=its like nerfed platinum

herculeans
04-02-2016, 11:54 AM
Yep crate keys r gona be rare anyways they gave them only to rich plat buyers ;)

Daehanie
04-02-2016, 11:55 AM
I agreeeeeeeeddddddd give u a lot of kisses for this thread

Yohan Blank
04-02-2016, 11:57 AM
tho maybe its just some peeps who cant afford to buy platinum for real gold tho i feel pity to them and for myself who i dont have yet a credit card tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho yo tho
and those who are given the crate keys was the people who can afford platinum and is rk

herculeans
04-02-2016, 11:59 AM
tho maybe its just some peeps who cant afford to buy platinum for real gold tho i feel pity to them and for myself who i dont have yet a credit card tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho yo tho
and those who are given the crate keys was the people who can afford platinum and is rk

+1(11char......)

Dragoonclaws
04-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Hey, plat buyers aren't the only people who got the key crates. I only bought platinums once. I payed 100 bucks for the 1700 platinums and it was one year ago. Since then I never spent a single penny on this game and I even went totally inactive for months, until 3 months ago, i restarted being active. There are no criterias, it was totally random guys.

Yohan Blank
04-02-2016, 12:17 PM
lets just be thankful for that and move on

supersyan
04-02-2016, 12:32 PM
@supersyan not quoting a long post, but I don't see what anything you said has to do with crate keys, however as a free to play player, I will most likely buy keys and crates in the future, as they give me an opportunity to open locked crates, and go for arcane loot. Also if I were to work at sts, and be tasked with the job of fixing the economy, I would lower the amount of arcane items that you could loot out of crates, and make more farmable arcanes, that do not follow quest lines, and instead drop ingredients off of bosses. These would be incredibly difficult to create, but would be well worth it, and would last into future caps.

I forgot that part lol.
People are not currently in happy mode. They are kinda in a frustrated mode . Yet, STS giving something exclusive to few people ( random as they say) to enjoy first. If this was given to the underhaul lb winners then there wasn't any issue because they deserve it. i'm a free player and i'm looking to buy and open crate keys as well. But it still doesn't justify the give away of crate keys. it's not because i'm jealous not getting crate keys if you think, its something everyone deserve or none at all and not a selected a few

nightmaresmoke
04-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Be thankful of what you have.
I got 2 vip combo elix no keys but did i complain? no bcoz its free and i'm thankful, besides sts still gathering data on how to bring the crate keys to the masses in the coming future update.

tomsawer
04-02-2016, 01:15 PM
Hey, plat buyers aren't the only people who got the key crates. I only bought platinums once. I payed 100 bucks for the 1700 platinums and it was one year ago. Since then I never spent a single penny on this game and I even went totally inactive for months, until 3 months ago, i restarted being active. There are no criterias, it was totally random guys.
That is 100% correct I know a few players who never bought plat. Simply because they couldn't afford it . so yes, it was random .

Dex_addict
04-02-2016, 02:17 PM
Ok so I'm the rude one when in your op you basically told everyone with an opinion to shut up. Hypocritical much?????
"It gave people that didn't receive them a chance to buy them and also gives feedback on how much they are and could be valued at?"
Their value is extremely inflated right now so this little giveaway isn't a good indicator on their prices on cs.

People shouldn't have to buy them if StS wanted to do something like this they should've given everyone a non tradable key bundle. Not only would this have satisfied everyone and not given anyone a reason to complain but the global prices of crates would have at least temporarily risen which would have given all the hard working crate farmers AND people just farming xp a little extra incestive to farm. But instead they only release tradeable kits to a select few(and dont mis-context my word select as in plat payer) I mean to a small player selection if around 500(assumption) people.

Also what I'm trouble wrapping my head around is that StS has stared multiple times they read and look for player feedback from their community and on the forums. So why are there always people like you who act like they're higg and mighty and tell everyone to shut up and keep their opinions to their selves. lol.

Erm...where exactly have I told anyone to shut up in any of my comments? Please go and re-read my post which is purely my opinion on trying to rationalise perhaps why not everyone received a key bundle, and I also had no idea that it was going to be used on Befs "stop complaining" thread here. Did I say it was implemented right?...no, did I say it was fair?...no, could it have been done in a better way?...yes I believe it probably could have. Please stop trying to make out like I have in anyway told anyone "to keep their opinions to themselves " when you are the only person on this thread telling anybody to "shut up". As for the "people like you who act like they're big and mighty" comment, well...there are always going to be people that don't quite view something in the way you do, that's life, there's really no need to get immature about it. In future I suggest maybe you give constructive feedback on a situation rather than just trying to antagonise people and create drama purely because you have been called out on your rudeness...

Fyrce
04-02-2016, 02:58 PM
I also have heard of players who have not purchased plat and who received the keys, so it was random. If anything, it might have favored active players, which makes sense. I also thought crate keys being tradeable was a good idea. It allows players who do not buy plat to open crates using gold. And any kind of testing is always a limited number of people and many times random.

I want to thank STS for the free combos and for working hard to make great games.

Aimsax
04-02-2016, 03:31 PM
Thanks to StS I got an arcane deary and golden toor[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dexish
04-02-2016, 11:38 PM
Erm...where exactly have I told anyone to shut up in any of my comments? Please go and re-read my post which is purely my opinion on trying to rationalise perhaps why not everyone received a key bundle, and I also had no idea that it was going to be used on Befs "stop complaining" thread here. Did I say it was implemented right?...no, did I say it was fair?...no, could it have been done in a better way?...yes I believe it probably could have. Please stop trying to make out like I have in anyway told anyone "to keep their opinions to themselves " when you are the only person on this thread telling anybody to "shut up". As for the "people like you who act like they're big and mighty" comment, well...there are always going to be people that don't quite view something in the way you do, that's life, there's really no need to get immature about it. In future I suggest maybe you give constructive feedback on a situation rather than just trying to antagonise people and create drama purely because you have been called out on your rudeness...
Nicely said XD

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Tapatalk

mightymynk
04-03-2016, 08:30 AM
The most recent kindness from StS has shown what the ensuing problem with charity is. You give people free stuff, but then they want more! The community often

complains about in game beggars, but after StS does a "giveaway" of crate keys, and you didn't happen to get any, you instantly beg them for some, and talk about

how unfair it is. SpacetimeStudios was kind enough to give you at least one combo elixir to help in your farming and leveling, so take it and be happy.

no i dont think this is charity. charity is to give resources to needy not random and here it was all random and that is what makes people frustrated. Also i feel sts shouldnt do a giveaway like this as its unfair to other people, if a normal player would have done a free giveaway from his own free will it would have been appreciated and welcomed even if he has done it for selected people as its his money and his will where he want to spend it but if sts do it it is unfair as they are expected to be fair with all.

Just imagine if tomorrow your government announces to give away some special benefits to some people randomly and nothing to others, wouldnt everyone find it unfair, yes if a normal person giveaway his money to someone it dosent matter. so u can say it was a sample giving rather than charity and also if it was a sample giving it shouldnt have been in such way. atleast a raffle to give it to selected people or giving away 15 keys instead of 45 to much larger people or by giving it for 300-400 k gold with a limited amount of stock with a limitation of 1 kit per person would have been more fair. it would have been first come first serve basis. yea you are right that we got something free atleast and its good but dont u think if it has been like this would have been more good. :)

Dragoonclaws
04-03-2016, 08:41 AM
no i dont think this is charity. charity is to give resources to needy not random and here it was all random and that is what makes people frustrated. Also i feel sts shouldnt do a giveaway like this as its unfair to other people, if a normal player would have done a free giveaway from his own free will it would have been appreciated and welcomed even if he has done it for selected people as its his money and his will where he want to spend it but if sts do it it is unfair as they are expected to be fair with all.

Just imagine if tomorrow your government announces to give away some special benefits to some people randomly and nothing to others, wouldnt everyone find it unfair, yes if a normal person giveaway his money to someone it dosent matter. so u can say it was a sample giving rather than charity and also if it was a sample giving it shouldnt have been in such way. atleast a raffle to give it to selected people or giving away 15 keys instead of 45 to much larger people or by giving it for 300-400 k gold with a limited amount of stock with a limitation of 1 kit per person would have been more fair. it would have been first come first serve basis. yea you are right that we got something free atleast and its good but dont u think if it has been like this would have been more good. :)

This is not government, this is a game development. This is not charity. Want a good example? Every week, there is this platinum giveaway managed by Seoratrek (previously managed by Remiem). You only have to post your IGN and game then get a platinum reward. Don't call that charity... it's RNG and they give away to random people, they don't have to give to the whole population. They probably gave those platinums to people who posted their names there. Those people are active in both forums and in game and it's not a very large list so it fits perfectly.

mightymynk
04-03-2016, 08:59 AM
yes i am aware of that weekly raffle and thats what my point was to give it away like that or something else like the screenshot contests which happen often on forums. Yes this is not charity thats what i said, coz the op mentioned charity in his post, there is a difference between charity and giveaway. yes i know this is game development but you missed what i meant to convey by that. i didnt said you to literally compare government and game development.

Legallyblonde
04-03-2016, 09:29 AM

Pffft lmao first off I didn't quote or mention you in any of my posts so stop trying to flex on forums lol. Second off I deleted that post like 2 seconds after I posted it bc I personally thought it was too much shade to handle. Third off the only rude thing here was trying to call me out over a deleted post that you weren't mentioned in.

Last thing I did give constructed feedback saying they should've just given non tradeable kits to everyone to see how they're perceived which would have also given farmers a little extra gold because this would've increased the global prices of locks.

However I also understand the reasoning to only give a small group key crates. As it'd give sts a price gauge for them.

Tl;dr stop generating drama, bye lol.

Schnitzel
04-03-2016, 10:23 AM
oh lookie!
its a "stop complaining" thread, but here we all are. Arguing and complaining back and forth.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4a/c0/8b/4ac08b2c003a9e8f3419c2f6b3e75faf.jpg

If y'all want to complain and attack each other, go on Remiem's most recent weekly thread.
Haven't checked whose winning the war, but last I checked, people were fighting. lol.

Yohan Blank
04-03-2016, 10:34 AM
this is how the AL community is getting ruined and destroyed

archerdrake
04-03-2016, 10:38 AM
If u have 3 sibling and parent giving there attention to only 1.. U think its fair brother? Think first before telling everyone to stop complaining on a certain matter :) peace

Dex_addict
04-03-2016, 11:09 AM
Pffft lmao first off I didn't quote or mention you in any of my posts so stop trying to flex on forums lol. Second off I deleted that post like 2 seconds after I posted it bc I personally thought it was too much shade to handle. Third off the only rude thing here was trying to call me out over a deleted post that you weren't mentioned in.

Last thing I did give constructed feedback saying they should've just given non tradeable kits to everyone to see how they're perceived which would have also given farmers a little extra gold because this would've increased the global prices of locks.

However I also understand the reasoning to only give a small group key crates. As it'd give sts a price gauge for them.

Tl;dr stop generating drama, bye lol.

Lol...wow!! Well funnily enough I don't need to delete any of my posts so I think that is pretty self-explanatory, maybe you should think before you write? Oh...and if saying you deleted it 2 seconds after you posted your "oh shut up.." comment makes you feel better then good for you, but I think everyone on this thread knows it was up long after I said "O.o theres no need to be rude" ;) which might I add is all I actually said, I wasn't rude to you in anyway unlike you felt the need to be to me. And yes you did indeed give a constructive feedback, shame that wasn't your first post! Think it's clear to see the person who was trying to as you call it "flex" here...why don't you go and delete your other posts now too :)

Legallyblonde
04-03-2016, 11:14 AM
tl;dr stop being so dramatic over nothing t b h

dexish
04-03-2016, 11:29 AM
If u have 3 sibling and parent giving there attention to only 1.. U think its fair brother? Think first before telling everyone to stop complaining on a certain matter :) peace
This is exactly what I had in my mind [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji119]

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Tapatalk

Dex_addict
04-03-2016, 11:35 AM
Honestly no drama here Blondie, it's all good! Take care n have a great day ;)

Schnitzel
04-03-2016, 11:42 AM
To original topic,

I think why the majority of people Complaining, is not because they didn't get the keys in their stash, not because those "random" (RNGs aren't actually random) few got a box of keys which they can use to unlock crates and have a chance at some high leveled/very good item.
but because those key boxes aren't tied to the account. Which means, those lucky few are able to sell those in the CS and get some free gold out of it.

Just my $0.02

sinfuldito83
04-03-2016, 11:44 AM
Some people are just never satisfied.....