PDA

View Full Version : Dagger enchantresses?

Away
06-08-2010, 06:11 AM
Hey guys!
Are dagger enchantresses still a viable option to pick when using an enchantress?
Is the DPS dealt good?

Royce
06-08-2010, 08:31 AM
DPS is sky high, but I prefer talon on my dex mage for PvE, and crossbow for PvP. Dagger mages just have to get too close to the enemy for comfort.

King Richie
06-08-2010, 08:51 AM
and espicallay with the low armour .. getting close as an enchantress is never a good idea

Away
06-10-2010, 06:03 AM
DPS is sky high, but I prefer talon on my dex mage for PvE, and crossbow for PvP. Dagger mages just have to get too close to the enemy for comfort.

Oh ok, thanks.
Do you think a crossbow enchant could equal or almost equal with a bow bear?

vulgarstrike
06-10-2010, 07:43 AM
no.bihgiygigiugou

Rebel
06-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Oh ok, thanks.
Do you think a crossbow enchant could equal or almost equal with a bow bear?

The bow-bears health and rage skill would destroy the bow-mage. I myself have a bow-mage that I am very proud of. She actually isn't that bad against everything except bow bears. Just remember to use the buffs and mana shield, lightning, and firestorm. If you crit with one of those, that person is done for.

Away
06-11-2010, 12:02 AM
The bow-bears health and rage skill would destroy the bow-mage. I myself have a bow-mage that I am very proud of. She actually isn't that bad against everything except bow bears. Just remember to use the buffs and mana shield, lightning, and firestorm. If you crit with one of those, that person is done for.

So do i max lightning and firestorm?
Also, do i need any debuffs and do the buffs need to be maxed?

Royce
06-11-2010, 02:00 AM
So do i max lightning and firestorm?
Also, do i need any debuffs and do the buffs need to be maxed?

I would definitely max lightning. I like firestorm maxed, and it should at least have a point so you can use the knock back in emergencies. If you are into PvP, I would max both. As for the buffs/debuffs, they are important for PvP and you should spend as many points as possible. For PvE only, I think 1 point in each buff is enough (only the self buffs get stronger with added points), and the debuffs are useful but optional (if you use one or both of them, they should be maxed or close to maxed though or it's a bit of a waste).

Edit: However, if you are still talking about a dex enchantress, you probably want to max BOM, and for a dagger enchantress specifically probably max BOV too since you could use all the armor buffage you can get.

Away
06-11-2010, 02:31 AM
I would definitely max lightning. I like firestorm maxed, and it should at least have a point so you can use the knock back in emergencies. If you are into PvP, I would max both. As for the buffs/debuffs, they are important for PvP and you should spend as many points as possible. For PvE only, I think 1 point in each buff is enough (only the self buffs get stronger with added points), and the debuffs are useful but optional (if you use one or both of them, they should be maxed or close to maxed though or it's a bit of a waste).

Edit: However, if you are still talking about a dex enchantress, you probably want to max BOM, and for a dagger enchantress specifically probably max BOV too since you could use all the armor buffage you can get.

Out of dagger and bow enchantress what would you recommend? Damage wise and PvP wise?

Thanks!

Royce
06-11-2010, 02:40 AM
Out of dagger and bow enchantress what would you recommend? Damage wise and PvP wise?

Thanks!

My dex mage usually uses a talon in PvE, and a crossbow in PvP. DPS-wise, the dagger is unmatched, but the crossbow allows you to attack earlier, attack while rooted, not have to chase enemies around, and keep distance from melee opponents, so it just seems a lot better to me, though I honestly haven't tried the dagger in PvP. The nice thing is you can go from one to the other as easily as visiting the inventory screen.

Away
06-11-2010, 02:46 AM
My dex mage usually uses a talon in PvE, and a crossbow in PvP. DPS-wise, the dagger is unmatched, but the crossbow allows you to attack earlier, attack while rooted, not have to chase enemies around, and keep distance from melee opponents, so it just seems a lot better to me, though I honestly haven't tried the dagger in PvP. The nice thing is you can go from one to the other as easily as visiting the inventory screen.

I might stick with a crossbow, since i'm not too keen on chasing opponents when enchantresses are so fragile.