PDA

View Full Version : A Message to the Community

Squeezable
04-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Hey! If you're reading this, you've probably participated in the bug in Rockhorn. Oh, you haven't? Then you're 10% of the current online playerbase.

The worst part about the community I'm seeing recently is the fact I'm seeing comments from people who I 100% know exploited millions from the deary island bug moaning at players using the XP bug. Since when is it one rule for one, one for the other? I don't understand how just because you're running kt4 (with gear you got with exploiting gold, or that nekro/SnS you could finally afford) to level up. You're forgetting your own actions.

"BAN ALL PLAYERS USING THE BUG" - Okay.. Can we also ban players who use swift in twink PVP? Ban players using the mages luminescer gun? Or better yet, ban all players who got more than one map from a portal in the past events. Infact... How about we ban all your warriors that proc'd your Arcane Sword before it was fixed. We're still forgetting players who only just used Shuyal to level. Trust me - I could go forever. Nobody should get banned for using this bug.

Stop moaning guys, just make STS aware of a bug and let it be until it's fixed. The lag is super annoying but hey - things happen.

People in glass houses must stop throwing stones.

Okok only good vibes from now on ;)

Att
04-04-2016, 10:54 AM
Hey! If you're reading this, you've probably participated in the bug in Rockhorn. Oh, you haven't? Then you're 10% of the current online playerbase.

The worst part about the community I'm seeing recently is the fact I'm seeing comments from people who I 100% know exploited millions from the deary island bug moaning at players using the XP bug. Since when is it one rule for one, one for the other? I don't understand how just because you're running kt4 (with gear you got with exploiting gold, or that nekro/SnS you could finally afford) to level up. You're forgetting your own actions.

"BAN ALL PLAYERS USING THE BUG" - Okay.. Can we also ban players who use swift in twink PVP? Ban players using the mages luminescer gun? Or better yet, ban all players who got more than one map from a portal in the past events. Infact... How about we ban all your warriors that proc'd your Arcane Sword before it was fixed. We're still forgetting players who only just used Shuyal to level. Trust me - I could go forever. Nobody should get banned for using this bug.

Stop moaning guys, just make STS aware of a bug and let it be until it's fixed. The lag is super annoying but hey - things happen.

149912 Speechless :applause:

nightmaresmoke
04-04-2016, 10:54 AM

Wait why swift is being accused? swift didn't have any bug or glitch did swift bullied you? lol

Att
04-04-2016, 10:56 AM
Wait why swift is being accused? swift didn't have any bug or glitch did swift bullied you? lol

This should be investigated

Visiting
04-04-2016, 10:58 AM
I'm not saying ban them, I'm saying revoke their XP :)
I wasn't here for the deary island thing (someone explain that to me sometime...)
But, with the latest glitch that people exploited to their advantage, the trade bug, the abusers were banned and the victims got their items back. With things like warrior sword proc/other things that don't cause harm to others/game as a whole, can hardly be compared to something that is the equivalent to botting for kills/flags in Pvp...

nightmaresmoke
04-04-2016, 11:02 AM
This should be investigated

I've used swift didn't notice any bugs or am i wrong not sure, if someone knows please report.

Squeezable
04-04-2016, 11:07 AM

Waiiiit, I swear it was a circulating bug that it had much more armour than it said. Anyway, even if it didn't, SnS (Squeakems 'n Squish) definitely did and a lot of players also used that.

I'm not saying ban them, I'm saying revoke their XP :)
I wasn't here for the deary island thing (someone explain that to me sometime...)
But, with the latest glitch that people exploited to their advantage, the trade bug, the abusers were banned and the victims got their items back. With things like warrior sword proc/other things that don't cause harm to others/game as a whole, can hardly be compared to something that is the equivalent to botting for kills/flags in Pvp...

I'm not comparing it to botting dude? :s never once have I said botting is even acceptable lol. Revoking XP could be solution but if so, I seriously want to see all the other bugs that have been used within the past few months be reversed. Starting with the deary island exploiters losing every penny they gained from it.

Fyrce
04-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Oh cool. I would still be here after all those bans. Bahahahaha!

Visiting
04-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Waiiiit, I swear it was a circulating bug that it had much more armour than it said. Anyway, even if it didn't, SnS (Squeakems 'n Squish) definitely did and a lot of players also used that.

I'm not comparing it to botting dude? :s never once have I said botting is even acceptable lol. Revoking XP could be solution but if so, I seriously want to see all the other bugs that have been used within the past few months be reversed. Starting with the deary island exploiters losing every penny they gained from it.
You're not comparing it botting, but I am. Going AFK, and letting the game do the work for you and reaping rewards, that's essentially dummy farming/botting without the program to enable you to bot, is it not? But that doesn't matter since botters don't get banned in any case :D

Fredystern
04-04-2016, 11:16 AM
I've used swift didn't notice any bugs or am i wrong not sure, if someone knows please report.

I hear from my friend it was +100 hidden armor

Squeezable
04-04-2016, 11:16 AM
I think you're misinterpreting the message, I'm not saying go out and do the bug. It's aimed at bug users moaning at the current bug. It's not a 'who's done what bug' or 'go sit in rockhorn all day' it's just.. Hmm, "spreading peace, love and tranquility" ;)

Remiem
04-04-2016, 11:18 AM
Thanks for this post. :) We are actively working on fixing this bug now and will put out a hot fix as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!

Fredystern
04-04-2016, 11:18 AM
Thanks for this post. :) We are actively working on fixing this bug now and will put out a hot fix as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!

Woop quick reply lol nice one :*

yubaraj
04-04-2016, 11:20 AM
Seriously lol.

Don't worry STS won't do anything for this exploit. I wish they could.

I just hope they fix this bug.

Att
04-04-2016, 11:27 AM

Yes not every1 knows

Dragoonclaws
04-04-2016, 11:30 AM
There is a clear difference abusig the xp bug and abusing the swift/dragon sword/false dragon staff info bug. What you're saying right here, is that no bug abuse should be banned. Joshua, using your own words and your own arguments, prove me that the trade bug is a bannable bug.

There is a "normal use" and an "anormal use". Using a weapon to fight in PvP like anybody, even if the weapon is bugged, is a normal use. Exploiting XP in a glitched area (like those fire pools or ashral heart) is not a "normal use". Infinite loot from Deary Island is not a "normal use". Exploiting the trade bug is not a "normal use".

Please consider this. Thank you.

Squeezable
04-04-2016, 11:40 AM
There is a clear difference abusig the xp bug and abusing the swift/dragon sword/false dragon staff info bug. What you're saying right here, is that no bug abuse should be banned. Joshua, using your own words and your own arguments, prove me that the trade bug is a bannable bug.

There is a "normal use" and an "anormal use". Using a weapon to fight in PvP like anybody, even if the weapon is bugged, is a normal use. Exploiting XP in a glitched area (like those fire pools or ashral heart) is not a "normal use". Infinite loot from Deary Island is not a "normal use". Exploiting the trade bug is not a "normal use".

Please consider this. Thank you.

Oh how I was waiting for a comment from you, Dragoonclaws. I would also call you by your first name; but unfortunately, it isn't applicable.

Let's start with your first point, yes, there is a crystal clear difference. But in both instances a bug is being exploited to a players personal advantage to better themselves over somebody else. No matter how different each glitch/bug is, it still has a detrimental effect to the opposing players.

Your second point. No, Dragoonclaws - that is most certainly not the message I'm conveying, you're just putting words in my mouth. Of course that is a bannable offense, and by insinuating I think otherwise is attempting to degrade my intelligence.

Your facetious undertone throughout your message is the reason for this snotty one back. I'm not one for arguments - but I certainly am one to back up an opinion. Tell me Dragoonclaws, are you a Saint?

Redjellydonut
04-04-2016, 11:47 AM
ummm.... Swift adds armor that shouldn't be there (at least the last time i checked) im lower twink lvl its freeze aa is out of control

RYYUKK
04-04-2016, 11:51 AM
everryone TRAAAASHING about xp bug..and i need to ask , whats wrong with it? affect to someone? someone lose something?

i mean damm! a lot ppl got a lot gold with deary bug and it really change difference from most ppl playing for farm normally and sts took those chest or gold from those ppl? ofcourse NOT

Squeezable
04-04-2016, 11:52 AM
ummm.... Swift adds armor that shouldn't be there (at least the last time i checked) im lower twink lvl its freeze aa is out of control

Thanks for clarifying that I'm actually not going insane, haha! :p

Zylx
04-04-2016, 11:58 AM
All of these bugs simply ruin the integrity of the game. "Oh wow he's lvl 56!" "Oh it's not that cool, he probably used the xp bug. He's not pro or anything" is what everyone's assumption will be on cap this season. All of these bugs just make certain players work less for the same outcome than legitimate players. I wish STS would hire 1 or 2 weekend devs for bugs that are discovered afte-hours on friday.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

karaselt
04-04-2016, 12:18 PM
Well, while people are talking about bug abuse, why not chip in. I've played other large MMO games and none are as lax with bug abuse as STS seems to be. With the xp glitch, at the very least other game publishers would do a rollback, if not ban major abusers. Also, everyone involved in the Dreary island bug would be banned from most games.

Now people are open to respond to me saying that something like 90% of the game would be banned for abusing these bugs, and then AL would cease to be profitable for STS. This is true and is a very big part of the problem. Since a majority of players are actively exploiting bugs when they are found, STS does not take action past fixing them (in most cases) for fear of destroying the game. This is excusable for them to do, what is not excusable is their lack of discipline that has created this culture of bug abuse. How does most of the community find bug abuse acceptable? It starts when a few people find a bug and abuse it and do not get punished, then they tell their friends about it, because hey, if there is no punishment, there is no reason to think it is wrong. Not much later, any time a bug is found, everyone who knows about it will participate in it.

A few ways I think STS can stop this involve temporary bans (suggested 3 temporary bans=perma ban on next offence), xp rollbacks and wealth reductions for various instances of bug abuse. Here, strong bug abusers have temporary hindrance to their advancement. Most bug abusers are dedicated players in this game, after a temporary ban of something like 3 days to a week should be enough to deter future abuse. On the flipside, it will benefit us as a player base as the focus of the game will be more towards the development of combat skills and tactics versus finding the next bug to abuse. Furthermore, it will make STS more money, if wealth-generating bugs like the trade bug and the dreary island bug are punished with bans, because that increases demand for plat, which, along with everything else in our economy, became considerably devalued after the dreary island bug.

I hate to be the person suggesting things like this, because we are in a culture where bug abuse is acceptable and so most will hate me for saying things like this, but I feel AL would be a much healthier, more enjoyable game without bug abuse.

Ssneakykills
04-04-2016, 02:08 PM
These bugs should be squished as soon as they come in the game and investigated when reported instead they are left to run longer and exploited more by people as word is spread

Pedgon
04-04-2016, 02:21 PM

Lol I'm season 1 player and I remember at least 10 different XP bugs since then so..nothing new ;)

Dragoonclaws
04-04-2016, 02:26 PM
Oh how I was waiting for a comment from you, Dragoonclaws. I would also call you by your first name; but unfortunately, it isn't applicable.

Let's start with your first point, yes, there is a crystal clear difference. But in both instances a bug is being exploited to a players personal advantage to better themselves over somebody else. No matter how different each glitch/bug is, it still has a detrimental effect to the opposing players.

Your second point. No, Dragoonclaws - that is most certainly not the message I'm conveying, you're just putting words in my mouth. Of course that is a bannable offense, and by insinuating I think otherwise is attempting to degrade my intelligence.

Your facetious undertone throughout your message is the reason for this snotty one back. I'm not one for arguments - but I certainly am one to back up an opinion. Tell me Dragoonclaws, are you a Saint?

Listen here, I am not here to judge who gets banned and who doesn't. I am not a saint neither. I don't encourage players to abuse bugs. Let me share this hilarious fact with you:

After posting my thread showing how mad about that xp glitch abusing creating this lag, 4-5 people asked me how to use the xp glitch because they wanted to use it -.- and that's no joke.

I will never help people abuse a bug, I won't tell people people to not use a bug (except for that xp exploit because it was obviously creating a nasty lag for everyone and it still is for some people).

I do agree with you: some people who obviously abused the deary island glitch complained about the xp exploit. That's hilarious, in deed. I wanted both deary and xp exploit to be punished and that's MY opinion that I did not share in any thread because both exploits were obviously abused. IMO, Using the arcane sword proc in pvp realising that its OP asf and realizing after a week that it was a bug, that's not an obvious abuse. As I said, I am not here to judge, I leave my opinion like anybody on forums, StS decides to do whatevs they want.

Squeezable
04-04-2016, 02:54 PM
Listen here, I am not here to judge who gets banned and who doesn't. I am not a saint neither. I don't encourage players to abuse bugs. Let me share this hilarious fact with you:

After posting my thread showing how mad about that xp glitch abusing creating this lag, 4-5 people asked me how to use the xp glitch because they wanted to use it -.- and that's no joke.

I will never help people abuse a bug, I won't tell people people to not use a bug (except for that xp exploit because it was obviously creating a nasty lag for everyone and it still is for some people).

I do agree with you: some people who obviously abused the deary island glitch complained about the xp exploit. That's hilarious, in deed. I wanted both deary and xp exploit to be punished and that's MY opinion that I did not share in any thread because both exploits were obviously abused. IMO, Using the arcane sword proc in pvp realising that its OP asf and realizing after a week that it was a bug, that's not an obvious abuse. As I said, I am not here to judge, I leave my opinion like anybody on forums, StS decides to do whatevs they want.

Well you'd like to hear (for your ego) ;) I actually agree with you.

Candylicks
04-04-2016, 03:01 PM
You couldn't even run a map all weekend because of the server instability. I tried to grind the new maps and kt4 and couldn't even move. Sorry, not wasting my money with my 7 day lix. Rockhorn was the way to go over the weekend. Sort of worked out ok instead of gaining zero xp because the game was broke.

I can't believe with all of the other game issues that this is the one the community focused on? Seriously move on and look at the big picture. Check out Serancha thread on the stunzilla going on with new maps. Now that is something to raise some noise over. Again, here we are bent over in half for three maps. Mobs ignore stun immunity? Yeah complain on that guys. Use your voices for something productive.

Veenihiv
04-04-2016, 10:08 PM
everryone TRAAAASHING about xp bug..and i need to ask , whats wrong with it? affect to someone? someone lose something?

i mean damm! a lot ppl got a lot gold with deary bug and it really change difference from most ppl playing for farm normally and sts took those chest or gold from those ppl? ofcourse NOT

What's wrong with it ??!

Can't U see the Arc ping and super lag nowadays .... It is due to the bug.

Hope u understood.

#peace