PDA

View Full Version : Some General Q's (Help the noobeh!)

Kades
06-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Okay, I am pretty confused on some things, and finally decided to just post a thread so I can figure everything out.

1. First up, attributes. I am trying to spec my lvl 26 Bow bear. Obviously being an archer, dexterity is very important. But this is where I get confused...my hit% is like 117%...So does that mean I hit them, 117% of the time? Haha, is there any advantage to having the hit percent over 100 (other than increasing dodge as well)?

2. As for strength, it says it increases health and base damage...I started putting more points into strength to try and increase my DPS a bit more, but no matter how many points I put in, I never seem to do any more damage than before. How does this work?

3. Mana and Health Regen, from reading a few threads around here I thought that adding a certain amount of points into strength would also add health regen...Im starting to doubt this however as I now have over 50 points in strength, and my health regen is still 1. Are there any other ways to increase health and mana regen, or just the stats on gear?

4. /disregard. Couldnt target specific enemies and couldnt figure out why, but now after this update I can tap to target. And there was much rejoicing! :D

5. OH remembered another. PVP! I am very pvp oriented, so cannot wait to get into that. How exactly does it work? I have searched for PvP arenas while looking for games every once and a while, and have only ever found one game. Is there very little pvp going on right now, or will more games show up once I am lvl 35?

I know I had more questions but now that I'm typing everything out, I have forgotten everything. >.< lol Also, any other tips would be appreciated, and if anyone is around my level PLEASE add me, haha. I am in the hospital for a long term stay right now, and its sad but Pocket Legends is seriously keeping me sane. But I am getting aggravated with some of the PUGs I encounter, and would appreciate some forum friends to be able to play with and learn more from.

The main character I am leveling right now is: Twheak, lvl 26 bear archer. Thanks in advance for the help!

Kades
06-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Also, just encountered my first pretty rude person. Booted me from his game the second I entered, and then added me and yelled at me in tells saying that he kicked me because I changed specs and shouldnt have a bow as a warrior bear. I KNOW the bear is the warrior but I liked the look of the bear more than the eagle, LOVE playing a bear archer so far, and frankly my deeps was higher than his as his bear warrior, and I was a lower level, so I wasnt really sure what the problem was. Does this happen often?

Cascade
06-08-2010, 03:14 PM
No whoever that guy was is an idiot add me my In-game name is platinumarrow. We'll hang out sometime in-game.:)

Rebel
06-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Okay, I am pretty confused on some things, and finally decided to just post a thread so I can figure everything out.

1. First up, attributes. I am trying to spec my lvl 26 Bow bear. Obviously being an archer, dexterity is very important. But this is where I get confused...my hit% is like 117%...So does that mean I hit them, 117% of the time? Haha, is there any advantage to having the hit percent over 100 (other than increasing dodge as well)?

2. As for strength, it says it increases health and base damage...I started putting more points into strength to try and increase my DPS a bit more, but no matter how many points I put in, I never seem to do any more damage than before. How does this work?

3. Mana and Health Regen, from reading a few threads around here I thought that adding a certain amount of points into strength would also add health regen...Im starting to doubt this however as I now have over 50 points in strength, and my health regen is still 1. Are there any other ways to increase health and mana regen, or just the stats on gear?

4. /disregard. Couldnt target specific enemies and couldnt figure out why, but now after this update I can tap to target. And there was much rejoicing! :D

5. OH remembered another. PVP! I am very pvp oriented, so cannot wait to get into that. How exactly does it work? I have searched for PvP arenas while looking for games every once and a while, and have only ever found one game. Is there very little pvp going on right now, or will more games show up once I am lvl 35?

I know I had more questions but now that I'm typing everything out, I have forgotten everything. >.< lol Also, any other tips would be appreciated, and if anyone is around my level PLEASE add me, haha. I am in the hospital for a long term stay right now, and its sad but Pocket Legends is seriously keeping me sane. But I am getting aggravated with some of the PUGs I encounter, and would appreciate some forum friends to be able to play with and learn more from.

The main character I am leveling right now is: Twheak, lvl 26 bear archer. Thanks in advance for the help!

Alright, here are some answers that will probably help you out.

1) Dexterity not only increases your hit %, but it also increases dodge/dps/crit (these are the three biggies IMO). As a bow bear (or anything with a bow) you should place a majority of your points into Dex. Each of the things that Dex raises is very helpful, especially in PvP.

2) To tell you the truth, I don't really know what it means by "base damage". If you are aiming towards raising your dps, go ALL into Dex. Strength will not raise it.

3) M/s and H/s as we call mana regen and health regen do raise by by speccing into strength/intellect. But, they only raise every certain number of points. For example, both mana and health regen will raise if you put 11 into either one. I don't know the exact number of points that you must have for each one to raise, but I'm sure that someone else will know. Other than placing points in strenght/intellect or having gear with H/s or M/s, there is no other way to raise it. (by the way, both regens are VERY important in both PvP and PvE)

5) Well, at the moment, PvP isn't very popular. There might be a few more games once you reach 35, but ultimately, your going to have a tough time finding people to play with you. First off, there just isn't a motive to play. No rewards, exp, etc... Also, many people believe that PvP is unbalanced now.

Hope these answers help! If you need anything else, let me know.

Kades
06-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Thank you very much! Respecced again and added some more dps, thanks for clearing up the strength thing! I hope pvp becomes more popular, I live for pvp in other games haha.

HectorCruz
06-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Also, for your first question: Your hit% being at 117 means that you will hit 100% of the time, since it just can't be more than that. BUT bad guys like casting stuff that will either raise their dodge or lower your hit%, so regardless of whether it is higher than 100% or not, it is still helpful to have it as high as possible.

As for the H/S and M/S, I'm not sure when you get the second point in that. I tried putting 22 in INT, and it was still one, so it's not every 11 points. I used to have a pure DEX archer with everything in DEX. I respec'd to get these and it is definitely the way to go. I think I saw a graph somewhere long ago, you might be able to find it if you dig around enough in the forums.

Hope this helps.

Splurd
06-09-2010, 01:29 AM
As a bear, I think the 2nd point of m/s comes at around 60 int. Not sure tho.

some monsters have skills which lower your hit rate, and in pvp some skills will lower your hit rate, so having a high hit rate is good. But you are added dex primarly for the damage, crit. Not the hit rate.

Str does increase your base damage, but dex does this as well. All stats do it. So just stick to dex for more damage(and more crit, and doge,)

SlipperyJim
06-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Str does increase your base damage, but dex does this as well. All stats do it. So just stick to dex for more damage(and more crit, and doge,)
Dex increases DPS a lot more than Str, if Str even increases it at all. For max DPS, drop as many points as possible into Dex.

Str also raises armour by a little bit. Not sure how much or how quickly.....

To the OP: Here's the general rule I follow for my archer. Raise Str and Int just high enough to get 1 H/s and M/s, and then raise my Dex as high as I can afford. For an Avian, the magic number seems to be 12. Str 12 gives an Avian 1 H/s, and Int 12 gives an Avian 1 M/s. I know that my Ursan needed to raise Int to 16 in order to get the "magic" 1 M/s. (Bears are slow learners, I guess.) I don't know how much Str you'll need in order to get 1 H/s as an Ursan, but I'm going to guess it's between 11 and 16.

smokester
06-09-2010, 10:32 AM
my bow bear which is at lvl 35 and i love more than my archer, has 11 in str (gives me 1 h/s) and 16 in int (gives me 1 m/s) and the rest into dex... this distribution yields (unbuffed) - 154 hit%, 36 crit, and 87 dps with a sniper bayou bow (you can get much higher with a shiv - somewhere like 100, crazy lol) and then im wearing sniper deady eye derby and mamboza leather which gives me 5 h/s and 6 m/s so i dont have to use mana pots at all just when im spamming skills and 5 h/s is sufficient enought but i still need to spam health pots alot

Rebel
06-09-2010, 10:35 AM
11 points into both intellect and strength raise my m,h/s to 1.

smokester
06-09-2010, 10:42 AM
not for me at least... what do i know lol

flaimdude
06-09-2010, 02:28 PM
For my mage, it was 16 into str for 1 H/s. Not sure about the int, since I <3 int.