PDA

View Full Version : Tank Warrior Build

MynciBrave
06-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Can someone please reccommend which stats and skills I should increase for a tank warrior?

Sincerely,

MynciBrave

Tullen666
06-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Go all out in STRENGTH for maximum health possible and maximum damage...
Max out vengeful slash- nice quick strong attack
Max out Stomp- good for clearing area around you, and again nice damage
Max out Rage, IronBlood, Hell Scream and Evade- good buffs to use all at the same time... makes you pretty much unkillable for 10 seconds or so and your really strong :D
Restore is also handy if you dont wanna use pots all the time... but its not really that great. :D

Edit: This is how my DeathlyKnight is set up along with some nice powerful pinks and I dont have any trouble staying alive and slaying everything in my path :D

Monqi
06-08-2010, 10:59 PM
MAX Strength (Get higher health and abit defend)

Stomp - MAX (Clear mob from u and party)
Rage - MAX (Increase Crit dmg)
Iron Blood - MAX (Buff higher Defend)
Taunt - 1 (Aggro mob to you, so far this is not very powerful as it is but still useful)
SMS - MAX (Higher attack and Stun 100%)
Hell Scream - MAX (Stun them and reduce their dmg)
Beckon - MAX (Pull away mob from your DPS party and stun)
Evade - MAX (Still good to get some dodge)
Crushing Blow - 3 (Good for single mob to decrease their dmg, It would be better when u have 10m/s & above.) You may choose Crippling Slash if u don't like this.

Thats for me...

SlipperyJim
06-09-2010, 01:05 PM
My Ursan (Epimetheus) is intended to be a tank, and he does it pretty well. I chose a slightly different path than the two previous posters.

Strength: Raise it as high as you need for the top-end warrior loot (I believe it's 112, but I rounded up to 120) and no higher. Str is an underpowered stat in PL. Therefore, piling lots of points into Str is a waste of valuable points. The gains to armour and H/s are extremely marginal, so don't bother with them. Instead, put all of your extra points into...
Dexterity: Dex is the "King Stat" in PL. It improves your to-hit%, dodge %, crit%, and DPS. Extra points in Dex will give you much greater ROI (return on investment) than any other stat.
Intelligence: Raise it up to 16 to get 1 M/s regen, and then forget about it forever. Tanks shouldn't be too smart anyway. ;)

Skills (in descending order of importance)

Rage & Iron Blood: These skills are the two "killer buffs" for Ursans. Without them, you might as well play a chicken. ;) Rage will make your attacks really dangerous, and Iron Blood will make you nearly immortal for as long as it lasts. Learn these skills, then spam them during every big fight.
Stomp: Low mana cost, quick cooldown, and a chance to stun. Perfect for giving the elf a little "personal space" when she's being swarmed by crocs!
Beckon: Why run after the badguys when you can pull them into reach? Also stuns the mobs, which is always helpful. Another skill that's great for yanking mobs away from the squishier members of the team.
Hell Scream: Debuff the badguys and another chance to stun? Yes, please!
Taunt: Not as useful as it appears, but still handy. Another way to get mobs off of the squishies, even if it's only temporary. The dodge bonus is just gravy....
Evade: Ursans depend on our armour to keep us alive, but an extra dodge bonus can't hurt!

(Note: I haven't actually used Evade. I learned Super Mega Slash instead, but I hardly use it. If I wasn't too cheap to burn another respec, I'd swap Super Mega Slash for Evade. As it is, I'm planning to learn Evade as I level up to 40 when the Oasis is released.)

Those are my thoughts. As I tried to indicate, the really critical Ursan skills are Rage & Iron Blood. Everything else is secondary to those two skills. Happy tanking! :)

Away
06-10-2010, 06:17 AM
Put everything in STR for the large hp pool and regen, max rage and ironblood for defences.

Gavry
06-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Fully agree with SlipperyJim. I have pretty much done the same as him on attributes. I did go the Evade path however with skills. I put the following into skills:

Rage: 5 (More Crits)
Iron Blood: 5 (Pretty much no damage while its up)
Hell Scream: 5 (Reduce damage and stun)
Evade: 5 (More dodge)
Beckon: 5 (Get everyone on me)
Super Mega Slash: 5 (Do some quick damage)

Stomp: 4 (Good to clear the swarm when needed)

Attributes naked I have:

Str: 124
Dex: 40
Int: 16

Which gives me:

Hit %: 93
Crit: 8
Dodge: 5
Health: 362
H/s: 3
Mana: 208
M/s: 1
Damage: 17-23
Armour: 12

SlipperyJim
06-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Put everything in STR for the large hp pool and regen, max rage and ironblood for defences.

Let's say that you have 160 Str compared to my 120 Str. Those 40 extra points will give you:
+20 HP
+1 H/s
... when compared to me. On the other hand, my to-hit%, crit%, dodge%, and DPS are all higher.

The benefits of super-high Str are slim. The points are worth a lot more when invested in Dex. That said, your build is your build, so play whatever works for you! :)

Monqi
06-10-2010, 09:25 PM
well.. everybody have different thinking.. so play as you like and change as u wish.. so at the end choose the most comfortable.

debating str or dex (i agree dex is consider King now) but becoz we are tank warrior, our main job are not attacker and we won't be attacking higher dmg then those dps party and our job is to tank and let them kill mob fast. 16 int for 1m/s, to be honest, we wont see much different, you would find out at the end of it you still need to pot blue as mp already used up too much. 20 more HP can help for the last strike before you die.
sorry did not mention of dodge, as above if we pump 40 or more dex in it and + evade in it also won't give u much dodge (Tested). If really want to go for dodge, den would suggest playing Dexbear (archer).

no matter wat, play smart~

p.s. I dont mean not agree with anyone or otherwise.. so pls dun quote me.. thx.

Angriff
06-10-2010, 10:01 PM
More DPS means more aggro directed towards you. That's the basic path I've went, but since I've never respeced I still have the first two slashes. I also maxed the heal, great for solo, parties missing a mage, or a mage missing a brain.

It's worked great so far, Lv 32 - 3000 kills/80 deaths. I would like to respec and make a more devoted tank(I'm glad the can't count party deaths) but I would keep the heal, it seems to draw some aggro too, just me.

Monqi
06-10-2010, 10:55 PM
yes, indeed more DPS will get more aggro. But as previous said, no matter how high is your dps, you still lose out to ur party attacker which is much more higher than tanker. So mob will still switch target. Unless, you would only want to be solo.

Buddyf97
07-10-2010, 09:44 AM
You also need some dex. There is no point in having a high attack when you only hit 60% of the time. Just use dex until 100%.

Snakespeare
07-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Corelli, my young tank, is in the low 20s right now. I am finding I have to chug mana pots a lot. On this thread I am seeing the recommendation for a 16 INT to increase mana regeneration. In the enchantress area they are saying an 11 INT gets you 1 M/s. Is that because stats affect elves and bears differently?

Also, I see recommendations for enough DEX to improve Hit %. Should I start that soon, or wait till level 30-ish?

My current tactic is to rage at the door, then go in and stomp, and then slice and dice with a sword. And I definitely try to stomp after an ice storm is cast. I do use Taunt a lot if the others are all birds and elves, but not so much when there are two or three bears.

So I gather I should put each next skill point into Iron Blood until maxed. I have been putting it on healing, but maybe that's not needed. It is too soon to re-spec, but now I kind of wish I had started upping the Iron Blood skill a few levels ago. No need to heal if they can't hit me. doh!

Snakespeare
07-13-2010, 05:16 PM
sorry. double-post

mAdvillain
07-20-2010, 09:07 AM
i wish i had read this thread before i put all my ducks in a crooked line
im gonna have to spend 5 platinum to rearrange my stats and skills

mAdvillain
07-20-2010, 03:02 PM
what is the max that you would put for intelligence?