View Full Version : Choose of weapons!!

win1032000
07-15-2011, 05:41 AM
Guys,

I'm an Lv53 Tank Bear

I'm now stuggling in choosing weapons,

an axe or sword will be better??

sword used to attack faster, but Lv51 sword only got 1.0 speed,
which is slower than the Axe in the same level( 0.9)!!

Also,
"a lower damage and crit but hv additional armor"
or
"A higher damage and crit but no additional armor"

will be better??

Survivorfan
07-15-2011, 08:09 AM
I'm pretty sure the sword has skill damage which will boost your skill power

Tamino
07-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Swords are better than axes because they transfer more power to skills, so that the (little) damage loss from the main weapon is overcompensated by damage added to slashes, stomp and beacon. The most powerful sword IMHO is the Bellow's Gemstone, if you are looking for max damage and decent dodge, or the expensive Fury Fighter's for dodge, health and mana regen. I do not recommend the max armor Plunger's because of bad attack stat.

For the second question, it depends on your playstyle and on the situation. I always wear max armor and dodge gears when I'm tanking an hard boss or making Stronghold roundups, while I'm looking for maximize damage and crit during mobs clearing phase. This can be easily accomplished by changing one or two pieces (say sword and shield) at the right moment; cheap yellow/green can help you better than some expensive pinks.

CowboyJim
07-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Like Tamino said, it depends on what you are trying to accomplish. A true tank doesn't worry about damage because the birds should be taking care of that. So, Armor and Dodge and Health regen would be best. I also like mana regen on tank bear because of stun attacks with slashes, etc. work especially well on some bosses making them easier for party to take down and easier for tank bear to control. Just have to experiment and see what works best for how you like to play your bear.

win1032000
07-16-2011, 03:17 AM
really thx for your answers :)
I'll try to find a better sword and become a good tank

Herozheng
07-18-2011, 10:05 AM
My Bear is lv53 atm , mix str/dex , i choose sword ,cuz sword good for you skill power , but i don't like Bellow's gemstone sword , i prefer Rooter's gemstone sword

Rooter sword give you 6% hit , that helps us get hit% cap , 4 m/s is all we need at most time (more then 8 m/s are wast for bear, cuz our spell didn't cost that much to cast )

i use Bellow set with rooter sword atm , 91% hit ; crit 42% ;dodge 25% ; dmg 174~181 without any buff , health about 700 and armor only 111 ......

with self buff : 91% hit ; crit 72 % ; dodge 53 % ; dmg 234 ~ 241 ; 119 arm (i only put 1 in Iron blood) ,i was plan to lvl a attack tanking bear at start , so i prefer dodge (Cuz high arm is just absorb some dmg ... dodge is not take any dmg , high dodge% should help us tank better , in sewer 110 + armor is fine , with good crowd control we don't take much dmg after all .....

i got lvl55 Fury fighter's gemstone helm and plate , also Royal sewer gemstone helm and plate in my bag , i will test them after i hit lv 55 , but rooter sword and Bellow's shield (or Cleaner's shield) is what i need at lv55 for sure .

for lvl55..... FFG set are good on dodge but too lower on dmg and crit , too much on M/s they are more like pally gear then bear's ; Fortifield set make me sick ... worst end game gear i even seen :(

kinawarrior
07-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Fortifield set make me sick ... worst end game gear i even seen :(

Although i agree with this quote, there has to be soemthing said about the ability to tank a boss mob with a fortified set and never have to be healed or use a heal pot...ever.

Herozheng
07-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Although i agree with this quote, there has to be soemthing said about the ability to tank a boss mob with a fortified set and never have to be healed or use a heal pot...ever.

Right , with a fort set they never ever need heal and pot , Cuz with low Dmg and Crit also suck on hit% , they can't hold aggro form top gear bird and mage , they don't take dmg why they need heal ?

the Bear in fort set more like pally , absolutely uselees but pallys still can be a spare tire cuz they can Rev , a low DMG, low Crit ,low dodge ,low hit% bear , you tell me what they can be ?打酱油?

i start solo sewer at lvl50 with Rift set , with 25 on each pot on me , 1000 on each pot in bank , now i am lv53 still 25 on each pot on me but 4000+ on each pot in bank (never buy any pot

Also i update my gear to lv53 mix yesterday from lv51 mix . now my dmg is : 188~195 (249~256 self buffed) hit still 91% , dodge 25% (53% self buffed) ,crit 44%(74% self buffed) . with ring .

my Dungeon kill :41623 ; Death:85 。after hit lvl55 i like to become a duel spac bear , use mix gear on str set , use my bird's Customized Gemstone recurve set as rang dps set .

Ellyidol
07-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Fort set isn't that bad. It's not as good as a high dodge set in tanking, but it makes up for it in high damage and the best HS regen in game.

I used a fort set on my bear for a bit. Works well in pvp, just need to know how to use it well. PvE, I'd still prefer a dex setup or a Bellow Set.

Register
07-21-2011, 03:45 PM
How can you tell what gives more skill damage then what? Is it the dex/str/int boosts you get from the wep?

Ellyidol
07-21-2011, 08:01 PM
How can you tell what gives more skill damage then what? Is it the dex/str/int boosts you get from the wep?

You look at the skill damage when you equip a weapon :p

But if you're using the same kind of weapon (1H sword), the set that usually gives +damage has the highest skill damage, because that +damage goes directly to your skill damage as well as base damage.

eg. A Fort Set has +8 damage per piece, +32 entire set. You would think that +32 damage would be added to base damage only, then calculated to add to your skill damage, but no. That +32 damage goes directly to your base damage and skill damage, so a Stomp that did 90-100 would now do 122-132. That's huge.

Register
07-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Oh I see....what you wrote after "You look at the skill damage when you equip a weapon :p" did not help me at all. As if everything did lol...

Ellyidol
07-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Oh I see....what you wrote after "You look at the skill damage when you equip a weapon :p" did not help me at all. As if everything did lol...

I mean since you asked, that's the only true way to check which weapon gives more skill damage.

Take for example the BS 1H Axes vs 1H Swords.

The 1H Axes show more weapon damage, therefore more base damage when highlighting the weapon.

But when you equip both and compare skill damages, the 1H Sword gives more even when it has lesser base damage than the 1H Axe.

So yeah, putting on weapon and checking skill damage is the best way to check which gives more :)