PDA

View Full Version : Why the Dragon Hunter Staff is Still the Best Staff

Kaziscate
04-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Ever since that one update that "corrected" the Dragon Hunter Staff's stats, there were lots of angry mages and probably even angrier mages because of how short-lived the arcane staff seems. But no need to be angry anymore because I'm here to tell you why it isn't so short-lived as we all think it is.

1.It's level 46: Now that gems can't be used on items beyond level 46, the Dragon Hunter Staff can still have gems implemented into them. This is extremely beneficial if you have a Paracelsus gem or an Enchanted Eye.

2.Its attacks: Unlike the other staffs (except the Ker'Shal Scepter) the normal attack can hit multiple enemies at once (like about 3-5 enemies at once).

3. Consecration: This is a great mini-skill because it is very convenient because it provides an awesome damage buff and dmg reduction buff.

4.The stats: While the stats may not seem attractive damage wise, you can always buff that up with Consecration (it also makes up for the slight lack of damage with its amazing aoe normal attack as well) and comparing this to the new weapons,this provides a TON of health.

5. The Dot Proc: While the damage per tick doesn't seem appealing towards weak enemies, this surprisingly does well against beefier enemies since the amount of damage it deals is at a set % of enemy health.

Lastmind
04-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Don't underestimate Consecrations damage on cast, it's a quite strong spell dmg and range wise.

Dragoonclaws
04-07-2016, 01:17 PM
Consecrate damages everything in the radius, even if it's behind a wall. There are no max targets.

The staff socks because of the long charge. it socks also because when you're out of mana.. charging the staff absolutely nothing.

BTW tier 9 chaos jewels are the equivalent of the paracelcus gems. They just don't have the special golden visual effect.

Consecration doesn't stack. the damage buff is low (around from 1100 to 1140 dps).

The way i use it is pretty simple: I create a large area for my team mates to stay and fight boss. I keep the area covered by the consecration light.I cast skills between each consecration.

Saud
04-07-2016, 01:19 PM
I used to like the staff
but after the "NERF" it shows gun is good for pvp/boss
but now: the rare staff (green) have very same stats like arc staff
so its good for level 46-51 maybe

Dragoonclaws
04-07-2016, 01:22 PM
I used to like the staff
but after the "NERF" it shows gun is good for pvp/boss
but now: the rare staff (green) have very same stats like arc staff
so its good for level 46-51 maybe

there was no nerf dude. they fixed a visual display error

the green staff lvl51 is not even comparable to the dragoon hunting nab staff... :l Arcane staff is too OP. Comparing the arcane staff to lvl51 mythics, there is a great -360 to -650 hp lack, and the new mythics have around -7 to +60 dps boost depending on the type.

I prefer the arcane staf to the new gear. I am not going to farm 960 coins to buy a lvl51 staff. I won't be able to farm that much coins until lvl61 cap anyways xD

Saud
04-07-2016, 01:31 PM
there was no nerf dude. they fixed a visual display error

the green staff lvl51 is not even comparable to the dragoon hunting nab staff... :l Arcane staff is too OP. Comparing the arcane staff to lvl51 mythics, there is a great -360 to -650 hp lack, and the new mythics have around -7 to +60 dps boost depending on the type.

I prefer the arcane staf to the new gear. I am not going to farm 960 coins to buy a lvl51 staff. I won't be able to farm that much coins until lvl61 cap anyways xD

when i ment the green staff have same stats as arcane ring
i ment level 56, not 51
if the green staff have 221 dps (56)
how is the legendary ones? or mythic?

about the bug fix ,i know about it
but they fix it when expansion is released?
staff went 600k down due to this 'visual display error'

anyway mage staff can't be used at level +51

btw one of my guild mates farmed 89 in 5 days.. with quest and and coins from mobs

eugene9707
04-07-2016, 01:32 PM
Consecrate damages everything in the radius, even if it's behind a wall. There are no max targets.

The staff socks because of the long charge. it socks also because when you're out of mana.. charging the staff absolutely nothing.

BTW tier 9 chaos jewels are the equivalent of the paracelcus gems. They just don't have the special golden visual effect.

Consecration doesn't stack. the damage buff is low (around from 1100 to 1140 dps).

The way i use it is pretty simple: I create a large area for my team mates to stay and fight boss. I keep the area covered by the consecration light.I cast skills between each consecration.

Yes tier 9 is like para but ....... that first para bonus though .........

Also does concentrate actually damage all the mobs within the radius ? like a TRUE AOE skill? .... if so , that's nice ........

when i ment the green staff have same stats as arcane ring
i ment level 56, not 51
if the green staff have 221 dps (56)
how is the legendary ones? or mythic?

about the bug fix ,i know about it
but they fix it when expansion is released?
staff went 600k down due to this 'visual display error'

anyway mage staff can't be used at level +51

maybe it have 221 dps, but have you check it's effect on your stats ? and did you notice how much hp you lose?
There's more to the game than damage, damage , damage ....

Intous
04-07-2016, 01:38 PM
As far as I know para adds an additional 5% stackable damage.

Hercules
04-07-2016, 01:50 PM
I ONLY love that staff because the DoT is AWESOME, this DoT can to kill a boss in few minutes or seconds ahaha

Lolifee
04-07-2016, 02:30 PM
true there is more than dmg in the game. but my EPIC gun does +62 dmg. i mean its EPIC.... sure arcane gives 600 more HP but how about new legendary/mythic gear? i don't think arcane staff is gonna be that much better then. i rather buy new cheap gear with slightly worse stats then spending a mil. just my opinion

Saud
04-07-2016, 04:02 PM
true there is more than dmg in the game. but my EPIC gun does +62 dmg. i mean its EPIC.... sure arcane gives 600 more HP but how about new legendary/mythic gear? i don't think arcane staff is gonna be that much better then. i rather buy new cheap gear with slightly worse stats then spending a mil. just my opinion

true
i am using epic 54 which give 98 dps and 60 damage

Dragoonclaws
04-07-2016, 04:19 PM
Yes tier 9 is like para but ....... that first para bonus though .........

Also does concentrate actually damage all the mobs within the radius ? like a TRUE AOE skill? .... if so , that's nice ........

The max enemy is 5 (I used my fingers)

Here is the number of mobs before performing the attack (there were only 2/7 mobs left after casting consecrate)

And it does damage the mobs even when they are hidden by a wall (what a normal attack/skill will never do)

eugene9707
04-07-2016, 04:54 PM

The max enemy is 5 (I used my fingers)

Here is the number of mobs before performing the attack (there were only 2/7 mobs left after casting consecrate)

And it does damage the mobs even when they are hidden by a wall (what a normal attack/skill will never do)

aww so it's only 5 max :/

Though we can finally get a true area of effect spell lol , but thanks for the info :)

Kaziscate
04-07-2016, 05:34 PM
As far as I know para adds an additional 5% stackable damage.

Actually the first socketed gem is 7.0 x Bonus Dmg x other dmg %

Bmwmsix
04-07-2016, 05:47 PM
The arcane stuff socks if it only would have been a gun...ill use my wisdom gun untill there is better gun...period.

Jiinzou
04-07-2016, 06:09 PM
Staff is def better than wisdom gun

Bmwmsix
04-07-2016, 06:19 PM
Staff is def better than wisdom gun

I should have said because of its range it socks...only because of this aspect I prefer the gun

Kaziscate
04-07-2016, 07:23 PM
I should have said because of its range it socks...only because of this aspect I prefer the gun

The Dragon Hunter Staff doesn't suck. It's more about what you are more comfortable with. Personally, I'm comfortable with both. I just use the Dragon Hunter Staff for when I'm fighting groups of enemies and the Glintstone Blunderbuss for when I'm fighting bosses. But hey, if you like using guns then keep using em :)

extrapayah
04-07-2016, 08:41 PM
yes, its normal attacks hits 5 at maximum,
yes, the dot proc is percentage based on enemies' max health (the chance is fair, but not high, maybe just 1 out of 10)
but almost 50 skill damage difference compared to gun is huge, in comparison, bow and daggers only have less than 10 skill damage difference

and also dragon staff doesn't have charged normal attacks, which usually have greater range, greater splash coverage, can stun mobs, and huge damage

anyway, not a perfect weapon for any situation, but it deserve a buff like what they give to dragon blades

Dragoonclaws
04-07-2016, 09:59 PM
Talking about range, the staff seems to be a close fighting weapon. So they should definetly buff the damage reduction buff, or give the staff more armor.