PDA

View Full Version : [Review] Flame Forged Blades of Runesteel

Avaree
04-08-2016, 11:39 AM
These daggers are quite fun. At first I wasn't too impressed with this set. I really didnt care for the 4.5 seconds of not being able to use skills when daggers proc, until i tested them in various maps.

Below you can read the "sheet description" of them.

The proc will do DOT for ten ticks in about 4.5 seconds to any mob I come into contact with. The proc deals a fair amount of dmg per tick. (See photo, I didn't capture all ticks at once, but below is just an example.)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160408/a1b8aa798b13ed374e7f6783005cbce1.jpg

I do receive a huge speed buff, stun and freeze immunity when daggers proc. When the flame daggers proc, i do see the icons for dmg reduction.

I will add more when I use in a full party. They are fun, especially for their lvl.

And yes, these are not tradable :)

Avaree
04-08-2016, 11:52 AM
poor glintstone set went down the drain for coins.

Jokes asside ty for sharing it . It should give us good idea before getting it.
In my opinion its counter productive since you do way more damage than 1k ticks, with skills.

Can you do comparison of arcane dagger and this ones skill damage difference?

I will once i set another superb fin in the arc daggs :) atm skill dmg is +75 with the arc daggers.

Flames +21
arc daggers +14

ForgottenWarrior
04-08-2016, 12:03 PM
Well done!!
Can you add same comparison for warrior and mage? We are skeptical about pros whats not described.

Zeus
04-08-2016, 12:04 PM
4.5K damage then for the proc? Is it just me or is that a bit gimmicky? I mean, aimed shot does much more every 2 seconds and it doesn't prevent you from using other skills.

Avaree
04-08-2016, 12:49 PM
4.5K damage then for the proc? Is it just me or is that a bit gimmicky? I mean, aimed shot does much more every 2 seconds and it doesn't prevent you from using other skills.

When the daggers proc, (in the map I took the ss of) I saw 850-1.2k dmg delt per tics. I counted ten tics, in about 4.5 sec.

KEN SHONGA
04-08-2016, 02:07 PM
Can you please try to purchase hammer? And test it if proc is cool? Lol

Zeus
04-08-2016, 03:09 PM
When the daggers proc, (in the map I took the ss of) I saw 850-1.2k dmg delt per tics. I counted ten tics, in about 4.5 sec.

So, 10 ticks...12k damage in 4.5 seconds. Hmm...it seems to be an interesting trade off but I feel like a rogue still could do more damage with a combo. Why? SSS, Nox, Aim, SP. SSS can target up to 11 targets, so that's 11K damage minimum from just SSS. Then, there's nox with multiple ticks of poison DoT dealing 400-500 damage per tick. Afterwards, there's SP which does about 3/4 of an AS's crit in damage. So, SSS alone has the potential to outdo the proc...that's why I think these daggers are a gimmick. Nifty? Yes! Useful? Questionable.

Avaree
04-08-2016, 03:14 PM
So, 10 ticks...10.2k damage in 4.5 seconds. Hmm...it seems to be an interesting trade off but I feel like a rogue still could do more damage with a combo. Why? SSS, Nox, Aim, SP. SSS can target up to 11 targets, so that's 11K damage minimum from just SSS. Then, there's nox with multiple ticks of poison DoT dealing 400-500 damage per tick. Afterwards, there's SP which does about 3/4 of an AS's crit in damage. So, SSS alone has the potential to outdo the proc...that's why I think these daggers are a gimmick. Nifty? Yes! Useful? Questionable.

The dmg per tick does decrease some. I will attempt to down load that screen recroder and try to record a video later .

Zeus
04-08-2016, 03:18 PM
The dmg per tick does decrease some. I will attempt to down load that screen recroder and try to record a video later .

Thanks! And thank you again for taking the jump and spending tokens on those daggers when nobody else would! :p

Hercules
04-08-2016, 03:34 PM

WTF!! Awesome... that is more fast than a fireball tick haha

zerofort
04-08-2016, 03:55 PM
That's pretty harsh man chill

Zeus
04-08-2016, 03:55 PM
WTF!! Awesome... that is more fast than a fireball tick haha

Yes, that's awesome but not that awesome when we consider the fact that we cannot use our skills. Thus, becoming a lot less effective.

CouchPass
04-08-2016, 04:00 PM
I think the new mythic weapons look really nice...

Bravo to STS for the design

Hercules
04-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Yes, that's awesome but not that awesome when we consider the fact that we cannot use our skills. Thus, becoming a lot less effective.

Oh That's true :/ all the good always have something bad hehe, but maybe that anti-stun, freeze, 75% damage reduction and speed help a bit.

Zeus
04-08-2016, 04:14 PM
Oh That's true :/ all the good always have something bad hehe, but maybe that anti-stun, freeze, 75% damage reduction and speed help a bit.

Yep, but without being able to use certain skills, in a PvP scenario it's just almost like there would be an interruption on your character...not being able to do much. Imagine if this proc happened when your character was low health in PvP? Your own proc would be killing you because it would not let you heal. If they want to disable skill use, then they should give it 100% damage reduction. Otherwise, at least let heal skill and escape skills to be used.

My point is not to argue with people, but just bring it to light that none of this seems to point towards progression - only regression.

Schnitzel
04-08-2016, 04:58 PM
Hold up
does anyone notice the last part?

So for however the proc lasts, the user is only allowed to use normal attacks
Which either means grab those skills before the proc else, when you're on low hp...gg

Zeus
04-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Hold up

Which either means grab those skills before the proc else, when you're on low hp...gg

Yes, people have stated this a few times, hehe! :p

Ticklish
04-08-2016, 05:56 PM
All this "tick" talk is calling my name... ;) I wish STS provided videos of how these weapon procs are supposed to work, instead of having players have to take a gamble on trading their Glintstone set for coins to buy these. Especially since they're not tradeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dragoonclaws
04-08-2016, 06:06 PM

For real

Avaree
04-08-2016, 06:08 PM
I have not been successful on up loading a video. I did see in my opening post, I didn't mention that in the photos I was using a 30% dmg kit. On another note, while recoding the video, during play back I noticed when in proc, my proc made an ice patch vanish...

(I tried to up load to youtube as well, the video wouldn't up load)

Hold up

Hehe a certain someone teases me "rogues just tap tap tap" ...STS def. made the tappers now put thought into their game play. Good thing we still can smash our pots when the daggers proc :)

Trenton
04-08-2016, 08:01 PM
I feel like the trade off just isn't worth what it's giving you... the person wielding the blades should still be able to use skills...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hercules
04-08-2016, 08:13 PM
I have not been successful on up loading a video. I did see in my opening post, I didn't mention that in the photos I was using a 30% dmg kit. On another note, while recoding the video, during play back I noticed when in proc, my proc made an ice patch vanish...

(I tried to up load to youtube as well, the video wouldn't up load)

Hehe a certain someone teases me "rogues just tap tap tap" ...STS def. made the tappers now put thought into their game play. Good thing we still can smash our pots when the daggers proc :)

Ava can you say me your Youtube Channel to watch your video? ty :P

Ticklish
04-08-2016, 08:16 PM
I wonder what is the range of the Ignition proc and how it performs in elites. Did it proc often, too? And would you say the speed buff is similar to Nekro's AA or faster? :)

Java
04-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the info, looking forward to seeing the video. Bravo!

I am the Galactus of carbs and coffee!

Avaree
04-08-2016, 10:08 PM
I wonder what is the range of the Ignition proc and how it performs in elites. Did it proc often, too? And would you say the speed buff is similar to Nekro's AA or faster? :)

The speed buff is vroomigofaster then nek. Have not tested in elite party yet. Only solo. Procs often solo, but feel it will proc less in party.

Gerran
04-08-2016, 10:41 PM
'This thread made my day. Great source of information. Avaree Real MVP as dragonclaw said.'

But lets not forget the rumor spreading about the coming of six new arcane weap. I suggest we wait a bit more, and we might have another option aside from this two current best weapons (mythic,arcane). But avaree nailed it, tnx for the sacrifice.

Avaree
04-09-2016, 06:32 AM
*Updates*

The proc does not grant immunity from slow effects. But when the proc is present, and slow effects happen, I still have more speed than I would have without the proc. When I reviewed a video I took, I noticed while i was in proc I ran over an ice patch, and it vanished. See ss below. I am thinking this is a glitch.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160409/3968314bfd93db2d349ebb2c85baa22d.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160409/3600c8f749261ad96339259553796f18.jpg

Java
04-09-2016, 07:09 AM
*Updates*

The proc does not grant immunity from slow effects. But when the proc is present, and slow effects happen, I still have more speed than I would have without the proc. When I reviewed a video I took, I noticed while i was in proc I ran over an ice patch, and it vanished. See ss below. I am thinking this is a glitch.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160409/3968314bfd93db2d349ebb2c85baa22d.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160409/3600c8f749261ad96339259553796f18.jpg
Maybe you just melted it?

Java
04-09-2016, 07:13 AM
Lol actually I think that's just it. Maybe the Ignition proc was meant to do just that?
That's what I was thinking...you are just hawt! Can you give my coffee a warm up? [emoji16]

codered
04-09-2016, 08:09 AM
Lol actually I think that's just it. Maybe the Ignition proc was meant to do just that?
Yeah and we r not running through ice patch everyday

Khalleesie
04-21-2016, 11:06 PM
Avaree OP ^.^ useful information, ty!!

vitokapagetz
04-30-2016, 06:29 PM
I cannot use normal attacks when blade proc is active please fix it soon sts

i love this game thanks!

Avaree
04-30-2016, 07:00 PM
I cannot use normal attacks when blade proc is active please fix it soon sts

i love this game thanks!

Pls view your flame forged blades proc description. Does it read the same as the lvl47 seen below? (I do not own the lvl51.) If the description reads the same they are designed to be this way.

Ansm
05-01-2016, 04:01 AM
These daggers are quite fun. At first I wasn't too impressed with this set. I really didnt care for the 4.5 seconds of not being able to use skills when daggers proc, until i tested them in various maps.

Below you can read the "sheet description" of them.

The proc will do DOT for ten ticks in about 4.5 seconds to any mob I come into contact with. The proc deals a fair amount of dmg per tick. (See photo, I didn't capture all ticks at once, but below is just an example.)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160408/a1b8aa798b13ed374e7f6783005cbce1.jpg

I do receive a huge speed buff, stun and freeze immunity when daggers proc. When the flame daggers proc, i do see the icons for dmg reduction.

I will add more when I use in a full party. They are fun, especially for their lvl.

And yes, these are not tradable :)

Sorry for commenting this off topic comment but Omg. What kind of internet do you have?! My fastest internet gave me 210 ping then sometimes it rise up and I get disconnected, then you only got 51 ping there! *I'm crying*

Aziiii
05-02-2016, 02:01 AM
TY for the thread Ava , rly helpfull and nice of you :)