PDA

View Full Version : How to Tank Elite, discussion with skills conflicts

Miguel Herbert
04-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Hey arlor, I'm a really older member that never got the time to be active in the forums, but my question is how can I be a better tank. Often times I liked to solo so I go for a Potency/Assault set left side is potency, right side is assault for more damage ring and pendant. Anyways since the expansion I really need new tactics to running elite since I'm not efficient or good at aggroing. I usually have around 800damage and 1k DPS but that's with my beloved nightshades 17%damage and Vengeful blood. First could y'all recommend me a new Armor set for elite runs? I can't get the crafted glintstone atm since... I can't run elites. Lol such irony. And my skills might be messing me up as a tank. I have chest splitter, hammer *** bash, Don Quixote windmill slap, horn of renew and Vengeful blood. I use vengeful for normal runs and opt out on elite runs. I saw some of those amazing guides but I have 1 respect left and need to know.... Is juggernaut really helpful there?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Ardbeg
04-08-2016, 02:54 PM
If you dont use it already, get the mythic aegis, i recommend grit or might version. This already covers most of your taunts. You can have some skills to switch, cs wm jugg hor is a pretty good base for taunting in elites, but new mobs ignore juggs stun immunity, so you re better of with vb for now. max out passives and use an antistun pet like ironbite, violet or nilbog to free your party. You seem to have missed the new myth set, so best grab a lvl 47 myth helm and what ever level you are entomancer (or similar) armor.

Miguel Herbert
04-08-2016, 02:58 PM
I got the new myth set in the expansion event I think it was 46 lol but I use them normally and I'm hesitant maxing my passives since I know damage% is removed with a pet that grants 5% more damage so rendering those points useless, THANK you btw I didn't know anti stun pets existed and I used nilbog for the freezes in nord lol.... Glitch was fixed thankfully but which of the aegis are better? I typically dont use them for the reason of low damage compared to my arc wep, but any other tips you can offer?

Miguel Herbert
04-08-2016, 03:00 PM
Btw I left out I have str int and dex passives maxed with armor and crit. I want speed so I can be ahead of the party but seem to be running out and lvl53 not much left for my masteries, is speed a necessity for tanks or naw?

Ardbeg
04-08-2016, 03:02 PM
The passives got revised too and damage passive now stacks with pets buff afaik, but best search through announcement section to make sure (should be in the post explaining masteries). Aegis of Grit gives ~ 50 more armor, Aegis of Might ~ 3,8% more crit if i remember right. Hope this helps.

Ardbeg
04-08-2016, 03:06 PM
which of the aegis are better? I typically dont use them for the reason of low damage compared to my arc wep, but any other tips you can offer?

Seriously, if you want to improve taunting, there's only the Aegis. You won't go back from it in pve.

Miguel Herbert
04-08-2016, 03:09 PM
Aight thank you very much I'll definitely check it out them out, I like the proc but idk how to use it or if its even working right, tbh I reread it so many times without understanding of when or what causes the shield to explode or if its stacking so I switched to arc weps, but I'll have to check it oh now. I have low crit to Begin with so I'll go with more armor, but what jewels do you recommended? I use chaos and fury but thinking need to change those also

Ardbeg
04-08-2016, 03:15 PM
Aight thank you very much I'll definitely check it out them out, I like the proc but idk how to use it or if its even working right, tbh I reread it so many times without understanding of when or what causes the shield to explode or if its stacking so I switched to arc weps, but I'll have to check it oh now. I have low crit to Begin with so I'll go with more armor, but what jewels do you recommended? I use chaos and fury but thinking need to change those also

go for pure fury, you get dmg, bonus dmg and hp that way. The Aegis delivers some good Aoe dmg. For starters, just spam a lot of auto attacks between you skills and you'll do fine. Both skill attacks and autoattacks can trigger the proc, but once started, you can use autoattack to deliver dmg faster.

Miguel Herbert
04-08-2016, 03:20 PM
Ah great thank you brotato chip, yeah that proc stuff was too difficult to understand and didn't know, I will sure look for the passives and stuff, i always charge my auto so maybe that's why I didn't like it, wasn't using it properly but you were a big help, getting pure fury after I sell my chaos and buy that ageis if I can afford it and some respecs

Miguel Herbert
04-08-2016, 03:50 PM
Sorry btw I tried looking for the damage % passive/ pet bonus and cannot find it :o does anyone else know?

CouchPass
04-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Sorry btw I tried looking for the damage % passive/ pet bonus and cannot find it :o does anyone else know?

They are in the tab next to your skill upgrades. They are called passives.

Miguel Herbert
04-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Not what I meant, I mean if they get canceled out if a pet has more than 5% damage like before

ilhanna
04-08-2016, 04:18 PM
Not what I meant, I mean if they get canceled out if a pet has more than 5% damage like before

+ Damage: Points placed into the Damage passive skill will increase your DMG stat by .5 points, instead of the current 1% increase. This will eliminate the issue players faced where elixirs or pet buffs would wash out the points from this passive.

From here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?300033-Coming-Soon-to-Arcane-Legends-Skill-Mastery!

Miguel Herbert
04-08-2016, 04:21 PM
Thank you so much! I spent an hour searching for it and got my answer :D I will finally do my respect with this info