PDA

View Full Version : Programming

flaimdude
06-08-2010, 09:34 PM
It's fun! It's like analytical logic and language had a baby and made it awesome! :D Anyways, I used to know HTML and CSS down, but I still know them pretty well. Also, for my senior project, I made this calculator (http://flaimdude.deviantart.com/art/Calculator-v1-0-1-160413057) in Java! Although I've barely started into Java (even with that program), I like it! But I dunno what else I would do with it, since I can't really do games since I suck at drawing, etc. XD

Also, as soon as I'm 18, I'm buying the Apple developer's package and I'm gonna start making apps in C++. :)

So, does anybody else here program? (I know splurd does at least lil bit, but beyond him and the devs, idk)

dsixshooter
06-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Yea I do programming I have been trying to right some apps on the android software since it is all free in c#

Splurd
06-08-2010, 10:18 PM
I hate c++. I never understood the point of pointers other then to give me memory leaks and headaches.

Avadonna
06-08-2010, 10:23 PM
My husband is a programmer and network engineer. He has the developers liscense. He has written one app for the iPhone called ipcalc. I call it a nerd app. He is going to put out an app for me once I finish writing a children's book I'm working on. I only know how to program the rice cooker....

nerdherd
06-09-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm in school for computer science right now and am most comfortable with Java, although I've done a little with C, C#, VB, HTML, PHP, and SQL as well. I like programing, but I have a lot to learn still!

Royce
06-09-2010, 09:58 AM
I just started with C++ last year, programming simulations. I plan to learn R and PEARL soon for very nerdy non-videogame-related purposes.

SlipperyJim
06-09-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm a sysadmin, so my job requires me to know some scripting. I know Powershell and VBScript very well, and a little bit of plain ol' shell scripting on the side. (But only a little bit!) It isn't real programming, but scripting meets my needs. :)

Tullen666
06-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Ill team up with someone and make the artwork for a game if someonewants too cos i want to make a game but dont have a clue about programming :)

flaimdude
06-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Ill team up with someone and make the artwork for a game if someonewants too cos i want to make a game but dont have a clue about programming :)

Dude, we could totally make a team! :D

Oh, and I've learned a little bit of Python. <3 Python.