PDA

View Full Version : What is the point in getting to 56?

Swimmingstar
07-15-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm trying hard to get to 56 and it's really boring. Really want to get helm but it's way too hard without elixirs I would be done now with 3x or 4x elixirs but i don't buy plat so i either need more offers or I'm just going to wait til update I just don't see the point other then getting the crown

Ixillicus
07-15-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm trying hard to get to 56 and it's really boring. Really want to get helm but it's way too hard without elixirs I would be done now with 3x or 4x elixirs but i don't buy plat so i either need more offers or I'm just going to wait til update I just don't see the point other then getting the crown

The crown. And the little headstart towards 60/61 when the new campaign comes out.

Swimmingstar
07-15-2011, 04:39 PM
not much though i reall want more plat but i use tapjoy:l

rsimone
07-16-2011, 04:06 AM
never felt the need ¯\(°_o)/¯

Simnar
07-16-2011, 04:16 AM
there is no point its just another lvl you get 1 skill point to spend and how ever many atribute points to spend its nothing special IMO honestly

Ellyidol
07-16-2011, 04:43 AM
That's why they call it the 'elite' level. Other than the 5 stat points and 1 skill point you get, and the crown, it's really just for status. Oh and yes, you get that small head start when 60-61 cap comes out, about 8k XP ahead. IMO, if you don't have the time to rush for it, there's no need to. You'll get there eventually anyway if you keep playing. On the other hand, if you like to race, by all means go for it ;)

Suntv
07-16-2011, 05:19 AM
My 3rd crown?

DPANDA
07-16-2011, 06:57 AM
Archer crown has +6 armour compared to customised helm :). Should come in useful for new levels, remember when the sewers first came out, it was like ow I died again LOL.

RedRyder
07-16-2011, 09:33 AM
None. Don't waste your time.

Swimmingstar
07-16-2011, 03:48 PM
ill try eh

Siejo
07-16-2011, 05:52 PM
It is more of a personal goal thing really. You get the crown as proof of your dedication to get to 56 and it counts toward your quest count but after the update it will change to level 61. Uncertain if the crown will retain it's current design which is why some people are pushing towards it. If it changes you will be one of the original elites :cool:

superglut2
07-17-2011, 02:06 AM
i didnt bother with lvl 56

RedRyder
07-17-2011, 06:45 AM
The crown is just the symbol that you must've been really bored

Siejo
07-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Why the negativity all of a sudden Red? You were never like that before. You alright? It is not a symbol of being bored. I got mine and was never bored. I enjoyed the runs to 56. I made lots of new friends and discovered teamwork does exist in the game still. Besides aren't you supposed to be setting a positive example as guardian ;-)

CanonicalKoi
07-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah, could someone check Red's backyard for pods? 'Cause that doesn't sound like the Red we all know and love. *worries*

apocketlegend
07-17-2011, 03:52 PM
The crown of persistence is a mark that you truely are a royal grinder, that your faithful to PL, and a hard worker. That's my opinion :p all of you who grunt and complain about 56 are just to lazy to Lvl lol

Siejo
07-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah, could someone check Red's backyard for pods? 'Cause that doesn't sound like the Red we all know and love. *worries*

I'm glad I am not the only one that noticed. He might have become Gurgox food and replaced by an evil clone :(

Askterbro
07-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Just for status. If I didn't want to make it to the top eventually, I wouldn't have bothered getting past lvl 1 :p

davidis57
07-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Taking a char from 1 to 55 the proper way is not lazy. This is a game not a job. The only lazy are low lvl beggars and those who want power lvl without the work. 56 elite is not a requirement and doesn't make you uber because you achieve it. Many will stop at 60 or play slowly to 61. Others will rush like their house is on fire. Whatever they decide to do other than begging should not be criticized.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20

Siejo
07-17-2011, 04:56 PM
To settle this before it gets ugly it does not mean your lazy if you don't do it and it doesn't mean your bored if you do it. That's why it is an "elite" level for those who wish to push a little harder. No biggie if you don't since it is going to be changing here soon. Let's just get along start focusing on the more important mission... WE GOTTA FIND OUT WHAT THEY DID TO RED!!!!!!

CanonicalKoi
07-17-2011, 05:12 PM
<off-topic digression> Hey, Siejo! Your location is my city of birth!!! :) </off-topic digression>

<semi-off-topic digression> Pods? Clones? Evil cyborg simulacrum? </semi-off-topic digression>

It just gave me a further goal to reach for while waiting out new content. I appreciated the Devs giving us something to keep us occupied and throwing in a nifty little memento for having obtained it.

RedRyder
07-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Haha don't worry guys still the same ol' red. I'm just not a fan anymore due to various reasons

Siejo
07-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Haha don't worry guys still the same ol' red. I'm just not a fan anymore due to various reasons

You're still here so is that a good sign of your return to PL????

Ebalere
07-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Well they should assign a new GoA to take your place. You arent really "guarding" anything lol

Siejo
07-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Ok so getting back to the topic hahaha GO FOR 56!!!!!

Register
07-17-2011, 07:49 PM
ill try eh

Ill help you. And ty for letting me in your sewer game at level 48 xD That 56 crown is totally worth it. cuz when the update comes, the crown becomes unobtainable. Dont you want to walk into nuri hallows all awesomed up with a discontinued crown?!then all the noobs will be like.....woah! You have a cool crown! Ill buy it for 9m! And you would be all no way cuz i cant sell it! then they will add you and give you money :D

Simnar
07-17-2011, 07:54 PM
soon the day wil;
l come when redryder willl be a legend once more...

RedRyder
07-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Haha aw guys :') I'll return to pl to try the new campaign. Maybe, but chances are slim, to get to 60. I don't see this happening though. I'll definitely be playing star legends to the level cap on whatever the avian and elf equivalents are to SL. Anyone know what they are?

PS: I keep my frustrations pent up to keep the GOA status since I knownplayers look up to us, and I don't want to be a lovenus part II by getting my status revoked. If anyone has questions I'd still be available to help out since I'm still a GOA even though I don't play at all. In the last month or 2 I've bought back a MM set in case I wish to return

CanonicalKoi
07-18-2011, 07:44 AM
Aw, Red. :( I hope to see your return to active status in PL because whether you're GoA or not, you're an asset to the community. As far as SL--Operatives are bird-like and Engineers are mage-ish.

RedRyder
07-18-2011, 09:35 AM
Alright thanks. And it's not happening for me with pl, besides trying out the new stuff. I'll be in SL like I said, for like about a week, then bak to OC

RedRyder
07-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Well they should assign a new GoA to take your place. You arent really "guarding" anything lol

Well in that case they should get a whole batch of GOA's cause a bunch of us Arent active in PL anymore. Hm...

CanonicalKoi
07-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Alright thanks. And it's not happening for me with pl, besides trying out the new stuff. I'll be in SL like I said, for like about a week, then bak to OC

I'll continue to hope; you can't stop me. ;)