PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for a living?

Rebel
06-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Simpe discussion thread about what you currently do or plan to do for a living.

Me. I currently work at Red Lobster as a waiter (Only 17), but after college I plan on becoming an architect. This has always been my dream. Since being a little kid, I've always built things out of legos, blocks, etc... My ultimate plan to accomplish is to move to Australia and build an underwater hotel (Or at least partly submerged) right beside the Great Coral Reef. I mean, who wouldn't want to look out your window to see a school of fish or a shark swim by?

Now it's your turn!

vulgarstrike
06-08-2010, 10:12 PM
full ride student... I study play games and thetas about it.

Splurd
06-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Sad to say, you're dream will never happen.

1) The great barrier reef is dying due to global warming. You might want to hurry up before it all dies and becomes just dead coral.
2) Because its dying, there are already alot of limitations on it. I highly doubt they will allow underwater construction next to it.

Me? I'm an internet troll. I roam around forums making snide witting retorts and I get paid in the tears and whimpers of my victims.

Banned
06-08-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm a drug dealer.

Rebel
06-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Sad to say, you're dream will never happen.

1) The great barrier reef is dying due to global warming. You might want to hurry up before it all dies and becomes just dead coral.
2) Because its dying, there are already alot of limitations on it. I highly doubt they will allow underwater construction next to it.

Me? I'm an internet troll. I roam around forums making snide witting retorts and I get paid in the tears and whimpers of my victims.

Then I shall build my underwater hotel in a man-made, giant tank of water filled with fake coral and a variety of aquatic life that will be well provided for by my personal aquatic assistants/trainers. (Dont ruin this for me. Remember, this is my life dream.)

HectorCruz
06-08-2010, 10:27 PM

lol!

I'm a college graduate with a degree in math. So obviously, I work in retail. Hopefully getting a job at Dartmouth soon though.

Aerospacegod
06-08-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm a very expensive baby sitter ...err manager at a retail store =)

Tullen666
06-09-2010, 02:49 AM
Im at college doing art... have no job :( but want to be an Architect/ 3D designer :D

Furrawn
06-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Rebel-
Keep your dreams. Hold them close. Don't let anyone spoil them. Science makes incredible advances daily. Don't give up on The Barrier Reef yet... I for one, will come w my husband to your hotel for a vacation when it's built. It's a lovely idea. It ranks up there with a hotel made of ice - and they make it every year! ANYTHING is possible!

I taught three-year-olds for a few years which was a blast! Now I've come back to my dream & what my undergrad & grad work was in: English Literature... I'm taking photographs for a book I'm writing for children and preparing to start writing a book along the lines of the Lemony Snicket tomes... Not sure how it will go... But i'll find out! :)

Rebel
06-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Rebel-
Keep your dreams. Hold them close. Don't let anyone spoil them. Science makes incredible advances daily. Don't give up on The Barrier Reef yet... I for one, will come w my husband to your hotel for a vacation when it's built. It's a lovely idea. It ranks up there with a hotel made of ice - and they make it every year! ANYTHING is possible!

I taught three-year-olds for a few years which was a blast! Now I've come back to my dream & what my undergrad & grad work was in: English Literature... I'm taking photographs for a book I'm writing for children and preparing to start writing a book along the lines of the Lemony Snicket tomes... Not sure how it will go... But i'll find out! :)

Thanks for the encouragement! I will also make sure to read your book when it's completed.

Justg
06-10-2010, 10:07 PM
I have worked in retail, waited tables, tended bars, drawn a lot of other peoples ideas, programmed, designed, done a lot of page layout, and ultimately made games. Follow your heart... you can do whatever you want to do.

Lawlessomega
06-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Lol my life reads like a FBI serial killer alert, I've worked in pickle factories, managed a slaughter house, I even worked as a carnie lol. What do I do now? I'm a musician traveling with my death metal band. Dreams are dreams, as long as you work hard and keep reality in perspective you can do whatever you want and find ways to enjoy the life your given.

PvP
06-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Much respect to 2 quotes above me... My dream would be just about anything near a beach. I've considered the coast guard and taking on being a life guard as a career and hobby. I can never get enough, I'm a living fish, but not near an ocean. Not yet anyway.

Rebel
06-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Much respect to 2 quotes above me... My dream would be just about anything near a beach. I've considered the coast guard and taking on being a life guard as a career and hobby. I can never get enough, I'm a living fish, but not near an ocean. Not yet anyway.

Same here! I've always loved the ocean and all aquatic life. Australia has always been my lifelong dream place to live. Right on the coast!

Avadonna
06-10-2010, 10:23 PM
I live about 15 minutes from the ocean...I hardly ever go. Shame on me. BUt it's such a chore to take the kids.

Rebel
06-10-2010, 10:33 PM
I live about 15 minutes from the ocean...I hardly ever go. Shame on me. BUt it's such a chore to take the kids.

I'm so dissapointed in you...

Istana
06-10-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm graduating with my degree in pyschology on Saturday and... Surprise... I'll be in school for the next 6 years, still. Eventually I'd like to either be in practice as a neurologist or doing research for a pharmaceuticals company.

Mobdropper
06-10-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm a senior college student, studying mechanical engineering. I also sell silver bullion via a web site (my company).