PDA

View Full Version : Whispers of a new pet

Deathlyreaper
04-09-2016, 11:17 PM
Hey guys. Ok so I was in glintstone just chilling, and all of a sudden I heard the gnomes talk about a new pet. At first I was like nah that won't happen. But as I walked around every gnome seems to be talking about it. I tried eavesdropping on them. I was being really stealthy that they didn't even know I was there and just minded their own buisness

P.S sts it would be great if this happens especially if it's a GIANT

zerofort
04-09-2016, 11:21 PM
Hmm intresting not sure how I feel about worms though

acewasabi
04-10-2016, 01:44 AM
I love the Dune reference hinted at in a worm pet. It will move like the shark pets, I reckon. Nice spotting.

Java
04-10-2016, 03:01 AM
I love the Dune reference hinted at in a worm pet. It will move like the shark pets, I reckon. Nice spotting.
I will name him, Shai Hulud and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him.....

Time for the Super Coffee Bonus Combo Multiplier Finishing Move!

Avaree
04-10-2016, 05:57 AM

George!

11chars

Intous
04-10-2016, 06:04 AM
Worm pet? No just no.
Since StS' s getting obsessed with insects, then why a worm, Why not an Ant? Mantis? why worms -.-

eugene9707
04-10-2016, 08:17 AM
I remember vroom addressed this in the chat box before (during the opening event). Apparently it's not a new pet coming, just that the gnomes really want them as a pet or something...

Motherless_Child
04-10-2016, 08:49 AM
Hey guys. Ok so I was in glintstone just chilling, and all of a sudden I heard the gnomes talk about a new pet. At first I was like nah that won't happen. But as I walked around every gnome seems to be talking about it. I tried eavesdropping on them. I was being really stealthy that they didn't even know I was there and just minded their own buisness

P.S sts it would be great if this happens especially if it's a GIANT

LOL... Good catch but..... #NoMorePetsPleaseSTS..............

Ticklish
04-10-2016, 10:10 AM

Why not new pets? The moment STS stops releasing new pets, we'll know they've given up on AL lol.

Deathlyreaper
04-10-2016, 10:19 AM
Worm pet? No just no.
Since StS' s getting obsessed with insects, then why a worm, Why not an Ant? Mantis? why worms -.-

Why don't u like worms? #LoveWorms #StopDiscriminatingAgaisntWorms #TheyArePetsToo #TheyAreBeautifullInThierOwnWay(Lol).

Imagine a giant one as your pet (kinda reminds me of the the giant slug that Tsunade has in Naruto). It would be great if that pet is mythic or arcane. And it's aa is poison which gives HUGE dot. What if it's a craftable like nekro, ooooh that would be fun then players won't get bored so much.

Motherless_Child
04-10-2016, 10:33 AM

Well, we've been getting pets....... Would really prefer to see a variety of new, attractive vanities.... Maybe even special vanities that are awarded for things like reaching a certain number of AP points, etc........ Something to sorta ignite "reason to play" playability....... Just my opinion...........

Ticklish
04-10-2016, 10:36 AM
Well, we've been getting pets....... With the talk of new arcanes coming and the possibility of new gear coming, new pets in addition would just be too many things coming at us at 1 time...... Would really prefer to see a variety of new, attractive vanities.... Maybe even special vanities that are awarded for things like reaching certain number of AP points, etc........ Just my opinion...........

Pets are useful in combat and allow for changes in gameplay. Vanities are a waste of inventory space. Might as well just play a fashion game if that's what we want ;)

Motherless_Child
04-10-2016, 11:05 AM
Pets are useful in combat and allow for changes in gameplay. Vanities are a waste of inventory space. Might as well just play a fashion game if that's what we want ;)

Yeah, pets are useful in battle but, is there really a need for any new ones ATM? Vanities are a waste of inventory space? The inventory is already adjusted so that you can have a gazillion jewels without each individually counting towards your total inventory count, so, what's clogging your inventory? Besides, vanities aren't about fashion, it's more about being able to be uniquely distinguished from other players in the game opposed to seeing numerous players that visually appear the same as you do.......... Helps you stand out more.......

Nothing wrong with looking different..................

codered
04-10-2016, 11:07 AM
Can we have a kitten pet please :3, melting down the enemy using cuteness attack :3 , or Siberian tiger, or girrafe, butterfly is okay...

Ticklish
04-10-2016, 11:15 AM
Yeah, pets are useful in battle but, is there really a need for any new ones ATM? Vanities are a waste of inventory space? The inventory is already adjusted so that you can have a gazillion jewels without each individually counting towards your total inventory count, so, what's clogging your inventory? Besides, vanities aren't about fashion, it's more about being able to be uniquely distinguished from other players in the game opposed to seeing numerous players that visually appear the same as you do.......... Helps you stand out more.......

Nothing wrong with looking different..................

Our uniqueness is not based on our looks but our personality in game. I will rather have devs focus on improving game play (yes, even with new pets), loot, and fixing bugs as opposed to just catering to our aesthetic whims and release new vanities. I even resent the early expansion because it seems to have been done quite haphazardly, and we've all had to deal with the bugs that came with it.

As much as I know you're tired of the recolored stuff they come out with, I will be more grateful if they attend to more pressing matters in game than the artistic department.

Motherless_Child
04-10-2016, 11:33 AM
Our uniqueness is not based on our looks but our personality in game. I will rather have devs focus on improving game play (yes, even with new pets), loot, and fixing bugs as opposed to just catering to our aesthetic whims and release new vanities. I even resent the early expansion because it seems to have been done quite haphazardly, and we've all had to deal with the bugs that came with it.

As much as I know you're tired of the recolored stuff they come out with, I will be more grateful if they attend to more pressing matters in game than the artistic department.

Well, you can go ahead and have a good time grinding for another munch mouth, stampy, gold tyrannica, arcane deary, etc....... Like you said, they ARE useful in battle.... Which makes me wonder, why is everyone mainly using mariodos and nekro?????????

My main point, if the release of another useless pet is what's most likely inevitable, what's the point of spending time in that department for now with the anticipated release of so many other things????? The thoughts of other players has been parallel to mines when it comes to vanities, yet, you are the only person who I have seen so revved up about the release of another pet......... Jus sayin...........

Ticklish
04-10-2016, 11:43 AM
Well, you can go ahead and have a good time grinding for another munch mouth, stampy, gold tyrannica, arcane deary, etc....... Like you said, they ARE useful in battle.... Which makes me wonder, why is everyone mainly using mariodos and nekro?????????

My main point, if the release of another useless pet is what's most likely inevitable, what's the point of spending time in that department for now with the anticipated release of so many other things????? The thoughts of other players has been parallel to mines when it comes to vanities, yet, you are the only person who I have seen so revved up about the release of another pet......... Jus sayin...........

Not exactly revved up about another pet. Just that it precedes vanities for me.

My thoughts: fix bugs > ensure skills and gear/proc mechanisms are working properly > fix loot table > better quests > useful pet > vanity.

Motherless_Child
04-10-2016, 11:47 AM
Not exactly revved up about another pet. Just that it precedes vanities for me.

My thoughts: fix bugs > ensure skills and gear/proc mechanisms are working properly > fix loot table > better quests > useful pet > vanity.

Ok... Cool.... Well, this thread was originally about pets and we are getting a bit off topic so I will end my posts in this thread..............

Pillowhead
04-10-2016, 03:59 PM

Vanities lets you express yourself through your character, and make it your own. What if all the characters looked the same?

Intous
04-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Well what makes a char? his name, his attitude, his personality, his sanity, his skills, his stats, his pets and their names, his class ofc, aaand last and LEAST his vanity.

acewasabi
04-13-2016, 09:11 PM

Time for the Super Coffee Bonus Combo Multiplier Finishing Move!

New weapons: gom jabbars for rogues, lasguns for sorcerers, crys-swords (I know, not canonical) for warriors!

Kaziscate
04-13-2016, 09:23 PM

People don't go around struttin' their stuff in public with their vanities for nothing you know...

eugene9707
04-13-2016, 10:04 PM

ya.... but vanities (good/rare ones) are more expensive than pets for a reason :P

Plqgue
04-13-2016, 11:19 PM
Well, we've been getting pets....... Would really prefer to see a variety of new, attractive vanities.... Maybe even special vanities that are awarded for things like reaching a certain number of AP points, etc........ Something to sorta ignite "reason to play" playability....... Just my opinion...........

No just no we don't need more vanities

Titanium
04-14-2016, 01:49 AM
A new op pet which defeats enemies with AA and then it gets nerfed? ARE YOU CRAZY?!

sinfuldito83
04-14-2016, 08:11 AM
Although I'm all for new pets even though we have alot in game already I totally agree with the vanities proposition. That has been a big issue for me I want my character to look unique as I'm tired of the few and pretty lame choices that we have in regards to vanities.

Motherless_Child
04-14-2016, 08:56 AM
No just no we don't need more vanities

LOL..... You must be new in game...... Welcome to arcane legends.............

Motherless_Child
04-14-2016, 09:02 AM
me im a pet collector myself (and vanity, and jewel, and items and trash) LMAO anyways having new pets and items can let you experiment and see what would be best for a specific task like arena, tombs, elites... some pets are useful for something but not always for everything (don't you guys agree?)

i mean ill set examples
remember goblin event and the poisons?? it so hard to kill the boss right? but if you use squash he can kick the boss away from the pool which is super convenient :) (you did not thought about that huh)

in tombs the boss 1 releases lava pits that can kill you instantly when your near it but by using kelvin you can prevent him form releasing one by stunning the boss ( but with proper timing)
see so there are tons of legendary or normal pets that you are very useful you just have to know how to properly use em :)

That's why I was saying we aren't in need of any new pets ATM.... As other users have said, we have an extensive stable filled with useful pets that aren't being used........