PDA

View Full Version : Lord mardrom (please read)

AceSkittle
04-10-2016, 02:48 AM
So, many of you may not know/remember this, because it must've been months (maybe even years) ago for u, or maybe just a few days. This is regarding mardrom. Yea that's right, mardrom, the pig.. King.. Demon.. Thing.

I feel like mardrom boss fight is too op? Anyone? No? I mean, mardrom is a challenging boss, nothing wrong with him, but what this is mainly about is his little buddies..

The little sorcerers, those annoying little pricks. Their knock back is INSANE!!! Even try battling mardrom, and also, for levels 10-20, he is the hardest boss they will fight until a long time, (shuyal maybe) because of the little sorcerers. As I said, their knock back is nerfed. Now, I understand if this is ment to be part of the battle, since I mean "Demon pig King of the underworld and all that" but, the second thing is, THE DAMAGE THEY DO.

Sorcerer have insane knock back, which is fine, but their damage takes out 1/15 health every Time! Making it impossible to go near them, while getting spawn killed. Also, if ur pushed into a wall, ur dead. Eventually, mardrom becomes easy asf, and the little sorcerers are the real problem.

Also the sorcerers have huge health, I think they have more health than mardrom himself! And also
*****BUG*****
Sometimes the minions health doesn't appear

And now my final "complaint"

THERE ARE 2 OF THEM?!??!??

Normally with enemies with insane (or even unfair (like these)) knock back, they take a good 2 or 3 seconds to "reload" but when there are 2 of them, one fires, while he recharge the other one fires, and it's an endless mirage!

(I know this one I'm about to say isn't fixable, but just to put it out there)
If ur party isn't co operating. You stay alive for so long, u used 70 potions of health and mana, u finally beat them.. Bastards.. but then there is just that one party member just afking in the bottom floor.. And he gets to go. I know this can be done for any boss, but mardrom is definitely one of the most annoying. My suggestion is to treat a floor like a whole new map, and u have to be in mardrom room to technically "beat" him.

(I have already beaten mardrom weeks ago, and i don't need to beat him since I already have, but whenever I battle him for "fun" (not anymore) I notice this. Also, on my level 19 sorcerer account I notice how annoying this is.)

Even try beating mardrom urself. He will be easy, and so will his minions, but just notice how much knock back they do.

(Sorry for making this so long)

Sincerely,
Ace

AceSkittle
04-10-2016, 02:50 AM
Anyone agree?

(Sorry for ranting about an easy boss x|)

Fredystern
04-10-2016, 03:28 AM
Umm what your gear?? My rogue easily kill him, my rogue was a twink in 22

Fyrce
04-10-2016, 03:40 AM
Nope, no problems even back then. There are ways to fight him. And them.

AceSkittle
04-10-2016, 03:47 AM
My point is the little sorcerors. Their annoying (and nerfed in my opinion)

wangkj
04-10-2016, 04:19 AM
Yeah what gear do u have? I beat him when I was level 18 mage. Anyway if u need any help feel free to add me ign seasiskefe

AceSkittle
04-10-2016, 05:06 AM
I already bet him on both accounts, but just to put it out there. The knock back is just way too high

wangkj
04-10-2016, 05:06 AM
I already bet him on both accounts, but just to put it out there. The knock back is just way too high

Lol nice if u need help anywhere else you can add me I help everybody

AceSkittle
04-10-2016, 05:37 AM
Lol okok
Thx

ilhanna
04-10-2016, 06:20 AM
Go up on the stage, stay on one side, keep your back against the wall. They can't push you back and you can kill boss easily.

Motherless_Child
04-10-2016, 09:09 AM
Well, the first thing you want to do is look at the level requirements for the dead city expansion......... The dead city campaign is meant for characters who are lv14 - lv21, which means you should be at lv21 before challenging the final dead city expansion map & boss (some of the more skilled players can easily beat him before they reach lv21 but, for the average, lv21 or higher is more suitable for battling him). As far as gear goes, at that level, the average player should not really have a problem being adequately geared enough to battle him so, it basically winds down to being appropriately leveled and/or having a good enough team to get through the battle.

raxaxic
04-10-2016, 09:31 AM
Try playing him with 1275 dps and 932 damage with nekro level 46 pet. Its very fun.

ilhanna
04-10-2016, 10:21 AM
Well, the first thing you want to do is look at the level requirements for the dead city expansion......... The dead city campaign is meant for characters who are lv14 - lv21, which means you should be at lv21 before challenging the final dead city expansion map & boss (some of the more skilled players can easily beat him before they reach lv21 but, for the average, lv21 or higher is more suitable for battling him). As far as gear goes, at that level, the average player should not really have a problem being adequately geared enough to battle him so, it basically winds down to being appropriately leveled and/or having a good enough team to get through the battle.

I've cleared Dead City solo on my level 16 mage before. This alt is geared in whatever legendary and epics I looted from chests and mobs (Permapress armor, Mystic Satin helm, Dark Hole Brutality staff, some epic ring and amulet, no jewel, and Ethyl as pet). After reading this post, I went back there. Found myself sharing map with a level 16 rogue and level 17 warrior. We went up to boss floor, no problem. Got in, used the back-against-wall tactic, killed boss and mages, nobody died (the warrior never budged from the entrance). I was using fireball, frost bolt, timeshift and lightning (no shield, no heal).

After that, just for the fun of it, I went to Kraken Isles. I didn't have the quest, which was given at level 19, but I could go in.

Here's what I found out: when STS said they nerfed Kraken Isles they weren't kidding. I could go up all the way to Bloodhammer in Skull Cove, soloed all the bosses and got the achievements.

In a way, I think this is a great idea to keep undergeared lower level players progressing without much frustration.

On the other hand, I think what makes these lower level maps hard for new players is mostly experience gap. I mean, for endgamers who have run the maps on elite level, running them with low level, undergeared toons might pose no problem, because we've been through worse in the elites (elite Kraken Isles at cap 36 was a nightmare). Chances are by the time we've reached cap level, we might have learned enough about our chosen class to know what build is most efficient. And over time we have learned some tactics that might help (I wouldn't have been stumped with normal Bloodhammer for so long if I had known that he has an attack that drains my HP and heals himself). Anyway, in a sense these horror stories of crazy hard bosses on low level maps are part of a learning process. Guilds, forums, friends might advise, guide and help when things get really hard, but when you're new you can't learn the meaning of triumph if everything is handed out to you easy and painless.

Fyrce
04-10-2016, 01:13 PM
Actually anyone can learn strategy on any mob. Just need to fight it a few times. My guess is many players do not bother. You can see it every minute in any pug -- high level and low level players standing in red zones, not moving, not using skills, or even engaging their noggins a little bit.

ilhanna
04-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Actually anyone can learn strategy on any mob. Just need to fight it a few times. My guess is many players do not bother. You can see it every minute in any pug -- high level and low level players standing in red zones, not moving, not using skills, or even engaging their noggins a little bit.

I had to look up noggins lol.

Anyway, OP, Mardrom's minions can be frozen with frost bolt. And if you think they're insane, wait till you meet the spiders in Nordr. But what works in the tower, works in Nordr too. Good luck!

Bluesparky
04-10-2016, 10:36 PM
On the other hand, I think what makes these lower level maps hard for new players is mostly experience gap. I mean, for endgamers who have run the maps on elite level, running them with low level, undergeared toons might pose no problem, because we've been through worse in the elites (elite Kraken Isles at cap 36 was a nightmare). Chances are by the time we've reached cap level, we might have learned enough about our chosen class to know what build is most efficient. And over time we have learned some tactics that might help (I wouldn't have been stumped with normal Bloodhammer for so long if I had known that he has an attack that drains my HP and heals himself). Anyway, in a sense these horror stories of crazy hard bosses on low level maps are part of a learning process. Guilds, forums, friends might advise, guide and help when things get really hard, but when you're new you can't learn the meaning of triumph if everything is handed out to you easy and painless.

This is exactly right..

Serancha
04-10-2016, 10:41 PM
The low-level gear available now is far, far higher in stats than what we used in the actual Dead City expansion. Experience or not, these bosses are much easier for anyone now than they were at that time, unless you are using epic or rare quality gear. That would be the problem of the player though, not a case of the boss being too difficult. People have been managing to kill Mardrom and his minions for over 3 years without issue, so I don't think it needs a nerf at this time.

Fredystern
04-10-2016, 10:54 PM
Try playing him with 1275 dps and 932 damage with nekro level 46 pet. Its very fun.

You mean this??

Kakashis
04-10-2016, 11:00 PM
I run him down like a boss when he was the endgame boss. I walk over him now!

AceSkittle
04-11-2016, 06:54 AM
Actually, the spiders in nordr.. Aren't actually that bad :P

Gouiwaa9000
04-11-2016, 07:57 AM
He is easy , I actually made a a low lvl mage and killed him with a random team in less than 10mins. ( including minions )Gear I used was looted , and does not cost more than 2k in AC. Use pots , hit them with ranged skills , try to use stun ( charged attack , fireball and other sweet mage skills with stun should do the job ) I think clock roots them in place , making them not that big of a problem . if you don't have a mage in your team , then just kill the boss , and after what kill the lil sorcerer one by one. They can only attack one target , so it would be easy if your team mate does a good job distracting them... I also used this strategy 3 years ago when it was my first time fighting the boss. Took me more time to organize my party than to kill the actual boss xD hope that helped

zerofort
04-11-2016, 04:56 PM
Wow ace just wow you beat him but complaining it was to hard? Maybe candy land is more your speed man

wangkj
04-11-2016, 05:41 PM
Wow ace just wow you beat him but complaining it was to hard? Maybe candy land is more your speed man

We need a candy land expansion next lol

zerofort
04-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Omg how cool would that be for like an event

nightmaresmoke
04-11-2016, 10:29 PM
We need a candy land expansion next lol

Oh no pls no more candy crush saga haha

AceSkittle
04-12-2016, 02:29 AM
Lol, he wasn't hard, but annoying, oh never mind, you guys aren't getting my point :X

zerofort
04-12-2016, 03:26 AM
No I understand it's been a couple years but I remember he was a vry frustrating boss I definitely struggled with him as well

nightmaresmoke
04-12-2016, 06:52 AM
No I understand it's been a couple years but I remember he was a vry frustrating boss I definitely struggled with him as well

Captain bloodhammer kraken expansion back then not now that was a nightmare, insane boss ive battled so far back when the mythics is only the helm if i remembered correctly.

Bvtz
04-12-2016, 07:11 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160412/aad768d74b6177bea5099ebbce9528cf.jpg
Easy when clock freeze them

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

zerofort
04-12-2016, 04:37 PM
One of the toughest bosses I faced when I was starting out was alpha wolf omg I had so much trouble

Fyrce
04-12-2016, 06:52 PM
Alpha wolf wasn't hard at all. I agree, Bloodhammer, then Elite Bloodhammer, when they were endgame. Now that was pretty tough. Farming deaths in Kraken was the game :)

Befs
04-12-2016, 06:53 PM
One of the toughest bosses I faced when I was starting out was alpha wolf omg I had so much trouble

Yup I got help from a capped player, and when he couldn't beat him I was like :O

Took 2 capped players:hopelessness:

wangkj
04-12-2016, 10:05 PM
Lol captain hateley was definently the hardest boss for me back then

Lawpvp
04-12-2016, 11:59 PM
I beat all bosses through nordr at lvl 17 with 1 tank 3 rogues

konafez
04-13-2016, 08:46 AM
I'm not sure if mardrom comes on the forums..addressing a post to him may not work...

...but then, one never knows

zerofort
04-13-2016, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure if mardrom comes on the forums..addressing a post to him may not work...

...but then, one never knows

Lol not sure about that ether