PDA

View Full Version : Friends or Groups

Gavry
06-08-2010, 10:56 PM
After doing quite a lot of Boss Brawl games recently I have come to the conclusion that we need some system like the existing friends system for groups of people who are doing a zone together. Currently as soon as a few people hook up to redo the same zone over and over they instantly put in a friend request so they can easily rejoin the same game over and over.

I don't really want to add everyone I ever play with as a friend. Not that I'm not a friendly person or anything, I'd just rather my friend list contained people I actually want to reconnect with when I play rather than anyone who I have every played with.

What do you think about a group concept? Leader forms a group and then there is a new tab like the friends one for those in your current group. If the leader disbands or quits the game, the group folds. People can ungroup themselves and the leader can remove people from the group. Means you get the same functionality as the current friends system without filling your friends list with random people.

HectorCruz
06-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Yeah, this could work. Another thought I've had is just have groups within the friends. I have some people who are real friends, but others who I've traded with and run levels with. It might help to keep track of them all if I can put people in different groups, and possibly name the groups. OR, something I just now thought of, have somewhere where you can write a note about someone, just to remember how you know them or where you met them.

King Richie
06-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Look at there Development Schedule .. Grouping is on it !

Gavry
06-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Do you think grouping is as I have described though?

Grouping on a development schedule is pretty vague. If it follows some of the ideas I have outlined that would be great.

King Richie
06-09-2010, 01:09 AM
yeah it would have to be like you described

Avadonna
06-09-2010, 07:47 AM
I am of the opinion that if some one wants to make it easier to come back to the game that it is their responsibility to recall what game they are in. (am aware that quick game makes that bit of knowledge a challenge). Also that no one should feel obligated to add someone just because they sent a request. Nor feel guilty for ignoring it.

Furrawn
06-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Yeah, this could work. Another thought I've had is just have groups within the friends. I have some people who are real friends, but others who I've traded with and run levels with. It might help to keep track of them all if I can put people in different groups, and possibly name the groups. OR, something I just now thought of, have somewhere where you can write a note about someone, just to remember how you know them or where you met them.
I'm with Hector...
Being able to group friends would be wonderful...