PDA

View Full Version : What you think is the future of discontinued items?

Clodoveo
07-16-2011, 07:36 AM
Do you think they will keep rising or will they gradually decrease? It makes sense that they gradually increase since they slowly will disappear.

Discuss

NECROREAPER
07-17-2011, 04:52 AM
That makes no sense at all

Just saying

Sun
07-17-2011, 05:04 AM
That makes no sense at all

Just saying

Since it's implied that he's referring to the prices of discontinued items...it makes perfect sense. Just saying

小孩子
07-17-2011, 08:56 AM
i believe that the most valueble discontinued items are wammos since they used to be plat and are the only tradeable plat items in game, withthat in mind, many collectors/ rich people that have money to throw, want item that are hard and wanted by many so they will pay high prices for them e.g, 3 months ago i sold a level 29 grey wammo for 500k now ive been offered up to 1.2m for it, most wanted wammo is grey level 45 though, ive been offered 1.6mil but aint lettin go :P

CONQUERORS wammo the hammo on the other hand...
used to be worth round 1m, but since they were level 33 pink plat items, most people bought the pinks (conq) instead of the greys so now there are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy yy more conq wammos thatn there are greys therefore prices of conq wammos plummeted from 1m to round 300,400k these days... grey wammos= rise rise rise, pink= drop drop drop for a long time until it becomes stable.

Zeus
07-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Discontinued items will have an upward trend. Notice I said trend, that means that there will be times when discontinued item prices will fall, but in general, they will rise upward.

Kakatoa91
07-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Sell them and get cash.
Or...
Keep them and let them rust.

Theres nothin really worth keepin i think.
New things get adding up anyway.

小孩子
07-17-2011, 11:03 AM
what happens when you have all new stuff and 50m cash... what do you do then -_-...
buy old stuff that not many others have!!!

if you have something that rises alot in value.. awesome, but old discontinued things are mainly meant to be kept in game and shown off (hey look! bet you never seen this before! it stopped dropping before you played so its ancient!) :P

Fastcast
07-17-2011, 11:43 AM
I bought my swamp shiv green for 150k cheap i think who cares bought a mizzly 150k monopoly money when u have millions? :)

小孩子
07-17-2011, 11:03 PM
I bought my swamp shiv green for 150k cheap i think who cares bought a mizzly 150k monopoly money when u have millions? :)

i bought my first one for 80k then lost it somehow idk where so i went searching for another, bought my second for 280k then bought my THIRD for 200k :)

my most fail item was conq wammo though... my first one i bought for 3mil >.<" and second one for 20k lol

Gaddy
07-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Unless the items have better qualities than any current or new items, the prices will always fluctuate. If they are categorically better, the prices will always rise.

小孩子
07-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Unless the items have better qualities than any current or new items, the prices will always fluctuate. If they are categorically better, the prices will always rise.

Not necessarily true... Take level 25 ornament and a level 25 ssc bracer/ doll, one costs 200k other costs 20k but the 20k has better stats, wammos: discontinued. Litterally NO stats but many ppl want and many ppl pay millions for them eg me

superglut2
07-20-2011, 11:02 AM
some items will rise some will fall

Justg
07-20-2011, 11:08 AM
We are considering a "Daily Deal" and "Blast from the Past" store function as well... how would you like to be able to buy Whammo, Snowman Helms, or Big Luck (in limited quantities) again?

nmyxspaceship
07-20-2011, 11:09 AM
We are considering a "Daily Deal" and "Blast from the Past" store function as well... how would you like to be able to buy Whammo, Snowman Helms, or Big Luck (in limited quantities) again?Oh wow that sounds awesome!:D

Yvonnel
07-20-2011, 11:57 AM
We are considering a "Daily Deal" and "Blast from the Past" store function as well... how would you like to be able to buy Whammo, Snowman Helms, or Big Luck (in limited quantities) again?

Hot Dawg!!!! That sounds awesome.

Register
07-20-2011, 12:14 PM

sounds good but i would only buy big luck and snowman helm if i have enough plat.i might buy some.....maybe....and wouldnt people with lots of plat buy whammos and then sell em for big bucks before people realize that they can?

Tvis
07-20-2011, 12:19 PM

I would definitely get a Big Luck!

drewcapu
07-20-2011, 01:40 PM

Cool deal. But, can you be a bit more specific with how limited "limited quantities" would be? :)

I like the idea of a daily deal. Going along the same lines, another way to get people to log in every day could be to give a one-time-per-account daily bonus of some random amount of gold or even 1 Plat as the best bonus.

Also, what I'd like to see is an event where you have a rare chance at facing "super" versions of bosses (scaled to the level of the group... L56 Meathead in FH? haha) that have a high chance (or maybe 100% chance?) at dropping a previously discontinued item as a secondary drop. Make it so that some of the less visited maps (like BS side dungeons, non-VL/Crush ao3 maps, Skeller maps?) have a higher chance at spawning a super boss.

StompArtist
07-20-2011, 02:38 PM

I would like if I could buy some of the older gear I have missed but then again some of the old offers did say that once the event was over they would be gone forever so I don't know how I feel about it.

KingFu
07-20-2011, 02:43 PM

I just really really really hope this doesn't touch winter festival and Halloween items since that'd destroy prices....

小孩子
07-20-2011, 06:03 PM

Vanities sure but bringing back wammos is a bad idea since right now wammos are probably the most expensive collectables out there since they are OLD, discontinued... If they come back then... >.< nothing good and valueble to collect

nazgulking
07-21-2011, 01:13 AM
....since that'd destroy prices....

muahahahah! Yes! Yesssssss! :d

Riccits
07-21-2011, 02:33 AM

WOOT!! I would spend some plat (or a lot plat?)..... :D Need really some items i missed!
And i think many would do.....

小孩子
07-21-2011, 02:57 AM
WOOT!! I would spend some plat (or a lot plat?)..... :D Need really some items i missed!
And i think many would do.....
People want wammos because they are old and valuable/ hard to get, if they come back then they won't be special anymore and no one would pay REAL. MONEY For... Junk items that no one would use, it's like saying HEY LOOK! I have a plat item! (no one really cares) but if you say HEY LOOK! I have a DISCONTINUED plat item! (people go woooowww I want one too hence the rarity and value)

I guess I'm against the bringing back of wammos because I for one have bought many many many wammos for around 1mil each... Sooo >.<.

Riccits
07-21-2011, 03:03 AM
People want wammos because they are old and valuable/ hard to get, if they come back then they won't be special anymore and no one would pay REAL. MONEY For... Junk items that no one would use, it's like saying HEY LOOK! I have a plat item! (no one really cares) but if you say HEY LOOK! I have a DISCONTINUED plat item! (people go woooowww I want one too hence the rarity and value)

I guess I'm against the bringing back of wammos because I for one have bought many many many wammos for around 1mil each... Sooo >.<.

well the old wammos wich are tradeable will still be rare.. the items wich bought by plat are never tradeable, and that since a while. so that wont change anything.

JaytB
07-21-2011, 03:17 AM

Now THAT would be cool!
I missed out on a lot of really cool items like the pumpkin or snowman hats... They were all released before I started playing. I'd be willing to spend a fair amount of plat for these items :)

Riccits
07-21-2011, 03:21 AM
and i would like to reget my pumpkin head and spoky cat bag wich i deleted bcz i was so angry that day.... LOL
would need the rose wand, candycane staff and some big lucks :)

LADYHADASSA
07-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Any updates on this fab idea?

Arterra
07-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Please... No.

Things like the pumpkin helm and the snowman helm where part of a special event, and having a store full of them all year (or any time of the year apart from their holiday) ruins their value. Why do I wear my pumKin HAELM if for the fact to say that I was there.

Ruining the rarity of items might get you a few more Plat purchases, but are detrimental to the system in general, tradable or not.

One way I see it working is a raffle. You can buy a ticket for Plat and every Sunday a now obsolete vanity is given out. You can pick what vanity so as to not get repeated items, and to Have different lotteries going on at once.

noobmigo
07-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Please... No.

Things like the pumpkin helm and the snowman helm where part of a special event, and having a store full of them all year (or any time of the year apart from their holiday) ruins their value. Why do I wear my pumKin HAELM if for the fact to say that I was there.

Ruining the rarity of items might get you a few more Plat purchases, but are detrimental to the system in general, tradable or not.

One way I see it working is a raffle. You can buy a ticket for Plat and every Sunday a now obsolete vanity is given out. You can pick what vanity so as to not get repeated items, and to Have different lotteries going on at once.

I'd say bring back the items you could buy with plat, but not the quest items, like the Snowman Helm.

Arterra
07-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Ps: addition to my raffle idea. There can be 2 available items for grabs a week. One is something like a big love or witch hat, and the otheris always an antennae. One antennae given out a week is not a bad idea.

Ps there ARE witch hats in the Plat store. Not as a vanity helm, but as an actual helm.

Jedispartan
07-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Ps: addition to my raffle idea. There can be 2 available items for grabs a week. One is something like a big love or witch hat, and the otheris always an antennae. One antennae given out a week is not a bad idea.

Ps there ARE witch hats in the Plat store. Not as a vanity helm, but as an actual helm.

How can I win antennas?

Whirlzap
07-23-2011, 08:09 PM
We are considering a "Daily Deal" and "Blast from the Past" store function as well... how would you like to be able to buy Wammo, Snowman Helms, or Big Luck (in limited quantities) again?
Fxied for you Justg.
Anyhow my views would be:
First five seconds=YES BIG LUCK WOOT
Aferthought: it would suck for those who decided to buy them, I remember for one of those items you said it was exclusive and never be able to get again. Maybe it was the Hardlight...