PDA

View Full Version : There is somethig very wrong

Aerodude
04-11-2016, 08:37 AM
Something is very very wrong lol I'm sure many people know this and I shoudlve said this a long time ago.
The warriors they aren't just tanks but now they are part rogue and I was thinking since the new arcane weapon for war, the proc of it not doing damage so I was thinking instead just make it little damage but every time a mob or boss steps on it then it will cause taunt so the wars get more taunting

nightmaresmoke
04-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Wrong Section should be here>> http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?111-AL-Technical-Issues-and-Bugs
Or here>> http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?112-AL-Suggestions-and-Feedback

zerofort
04-11-2016, 05:09 PM
Yep buffed wars with gear and nerf rouges armor and crit

Oezheasate
04-11-2016, 07:19 PM
Wahahaha the hipocrisy is just hilarious, tanks are just right, theyre useful for pve again and in pvp rogues gotta hide more but still are effective. Get over it, learn how your class is played instead of simply relying on its opness.

Imback Al
04-11-2016, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=Oezheasate;2441578]Wahahaha the hipocrisy is just hilarious, tanks are just right, theyre useful for pve again and in pvp rogues gotta hide more but still are effective. Get over it, learn how your class is played instead of simply relying on its opness.[/QUOTE

Nah m8 tanks>rogues in damage. That's not right. That's complete and utter bs :)

Zeus
04-11-2016, 10:13 PM
Wahahaha the hipocrisy is just hilarious, tanks are just right, theyre useful for pve again and in pvp rogues gotta hide more but still are effective. Get over it, learn how your class is played instead of simply relying on its opness.

Rogues are actually not effective anymore whatsoever. The fact that I have trouble with mediocre tanks should say enough on exactly how unbalanced things are right now.

TW84
04-13-2016, 08:48 AM
Please keep PVP and PVE discussions seperate. TY!

Warriors soloing a boss takes 50 times longer than a rogue soloing it. (PVE)

Warriors may have a PVP advantage according to some. (I don't have a damn clue about PVP)

Zeus
04-13-2016, 09:21 AM
Please keep PVP and PVE discussions seperate. TY!

Warriors soloing a boss takes 50 times longer than a rogue soloing it. (PVE)

Warriors may have a PVP advantage according to some. (I don't have a damn clue about PVP)

Warriors are on solo timed runs....that means they can run as fast as a rogue but die much less due to all that armor. You do not see anything wrong?

Ticklish
04-13-2016, 09:36 AM
A maxed-out tank can clear glintstone maps faster than if he was WITH a maxed-out rogue. We could run more accurate tests but this was what my warrior friend felt after running solo and with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aerodude
04-13-2016, 09:56 AM
Today in pvp I was doing fine against a tank until I was stunned and then I just died in seconds....I even nearly got 1 hit I was lucky enough to shield before stun and in pve I see many tanks like alone in elite misty grotto then they leave once I join

Midievalmodel
04-16-2016, 01:12 AM
A maxed-out tank can clear glintstone maps faster than if he was WITH a maxed-out rogue. We could run more accurate tests but this was what my warrior friend felt after running solo and with me.

Thats cuz I'm beast tickles. Haha jk.

Bmwmsix
04-16-2016, 10:14 AM
Witchhunt at its finest....where were you for two seasons of rogue reign, since then sts spoiled you like a 3 year old And now u lost the ability to adapt or progress???

punter
04-16-2016, 11:33 AM
Agree [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Ticklish
04-16-2016, 02:18 PM
Thats cuz I'm beast tickles. Haha jk.

But of course you are! ;)

Oezheasate
04-16-2016, 07:49 PM

Well of course tanks are faster on mobs, but id definitely want a rogue along for boss because like it or not im way slower at bosses than a rogue. Thats why this is balance, we survive at mobs and have wm to deal dmg to several targets and then theres u guys who deal dmg to the boss. Class balance.

Ticklish
04-16-2016, 08:37 PM
Well of course tanks are faster on mobs, but id definitely want a rogue along for boss because like it or not im way slower at bosses than a rogue. Thats why this is balance, we survive at mobs and have wm to deal dmg to several targets and then theres u guys who deal dmg to the boss. Class balance.

Lol are you kidding? The runs were slower WITH a damage dealer. It means you have too much damage output to start with if you could solo faster than if you bring a good dps along.

Oezheasate
04-17-2016, 07:16 AM
Lol are you kidding? The runs were slower WITH a damage dealer. It means you have too much damage output to start with if you could solo faster than if you bring a good dps along.

The rogue makes up for it at boss, by killing him faster. Rogues may slow the run down at mobs but with high health bosses we need rogues.

Ticklish
04-17-2016, 02:57 PM
Witchhunt at its finest....where were you for two seasons of rogue reign, since then sts spoiled you like a 3 year old And now u lost the ability to adapt or progress???

This is not about which class is reigning right now. We are talking about balance. Now, if you want to argue that rogues were OP for 2 seasons and that we should just shut up and accept the fact that tanks rule this season, then we are just repeating the same vicious cycle all over again. Until none of us will be playing this game any longer because we never achieved that point where all is fair for all classes.

Maarkus
04-18-2016, 04:47 PM

Please take a step back and look at the current situation from a different perspective.

PURELY A PVE PERSPECTIVE:

Why in my opinion we are closer to PVE class balance:

1. Rogue are high dmg dealers meant for single targets thus yes rogues will take longer to clear mobs but way faster to clear bosses and mini bosses
2. Warriors are meant to be the 'tanks' thus they need to be mob oriented which is the case at the moment
3. The real question now is where does a mage class fall in place in the PVE runs as they are the 'inbetweeners'

When it comes to party dynamics the above makes sense... Unless you belive parties should just be DPS classes

When it comes to PVE map runs the above still makes sense as now the individual classes have 'identified and obviously clear roles'

When is comes to Timed Rec runs the above makes more sense as a timed run section dedicated to be achieved by only 2 of 3 classes is not a balanced LB section at it alienates a third class

Regarding solo runs by warrior, from a player that has been doing solo runs since the Nord expansion. Yes there is a significant decrease in the time to accomplish a run but the ratio is the same. It will take a war 1/3 of the time to reach the boss but 2/3 of the time to kill the boss.... Is that unreasonable for a class that is meant to handle mobs? If you do the math no, as the mobs comprises 90 percent of the map. This is comming from a warrior who has been trying to beat Ioez and Ryvz solo times and i cant.. I know their strategy and skill is way better than mine.

Secondly review the map time recs, warriors can never beat the solo times in the lower map brakets... Why? Less mob density and lower mob armor ratings... Which makes this ideal for dps player ... And they rule the solo rec there. Again it makes sense.

When you consider the above mentioned points... I have to ... Even if i dont want to (lols) give credit to STS for making the right moves to create class balance in PVE, thought its not perfected but atleast is closer.

Now if you are impartial and belive timed runs are simply a 'DPS' class arena then i apologize for writing this as you will never understand what im talking about but thank you for reading it (if you are) anyways.

Now we finally have a multi-class party in PVE where the mob design has taken into consideration the classes, wars to handle mobs, rogues to handle mini-bosses, boses and specialized monsters like shamans and 'mages' and mage class for crowd control.... Is that not what class balance is?

Thanks for reading.

-Maarkus

uehi
04-18-2016, 04:48 PM
The rogue makes up for it at boss, by killing him faster. Rogues may slow the run down at mobs but with high health bosses we need rogues.

I play warior rogue and mage and sory, when i play warior i dnt need rog. Team work balance only for boss/??? is this balance"? we need rogue for bosss you joking:? Bad to see like wariors wana down other class.

Maarkus
04-18-2016, 04:57 PM
I play warior rogue and mage and sory, when i play warior i dnt need rog. Team work balance only for boss/??? is this balance"? we need rogue for bosss you joking:? Bad to see like wariors wana down other class.

Need? Please clarify, no one in this game needs another player/class to finish a map... The real question is to have multiple classes in a map more efficient, and yes it is more efficient, provided the skill level of the players playing the different class are at par with each other.

And yes you are rigt a warrior can handle a map boss... I wont deny that, but you cannot deny that a rogue of equal skill will make the time faster to kill the boss if you do then you are not playing with an equally skilled rogue.

Oezheasate
04-18-2016, 05:04 PM
Please take a step back and look at the current situation from a different perspective.

PURELY A PVE PERSPECTIVE:

Why in my opinion we are closer to PVE class balance:

1. Rogue are high dmg dealers meant for single targets thus yes rogues will take longer to clear mobs but way faster to clear bosses and mini bosses
2. Warriors are meant to be the 'tanks' thus they need to be mob oriented which is the case at the moment
3. The real question now is where does a mage class fall in place in the PVE runs as they are the 'inbetweeners'

When it comes to party dynamics the above makes sense... Unless you belive parties should just be DPS classes

When it comes to PVE map runs the above still makes sense as now the individual classes have 'identified and obviously clear roles'

When is comes to Timed Rec runs the above makes more sense as a timed run section dedicated to be achieved by only 2 of 3 classes is not a balanced LB section at it alienates a third class

Regarding solo runs by warrior, from a player that has been doing solo runs since the Nord expansion. Yes there is a significant decrease in the time to accomplish a run but the ratio is the same. It will take a war 1/3 of the time to reach the boss but 2/3 of the time to kill the boss.... Is that unreasonable for a class that is meant to handle mobs? If you do the math no, as the mobs comprises 90 percent of the map. This is comming from a warrior who has been trying to beat Ioez and Ryvz solo times and i cant.. I know their strategy and skill is way better than mine.

Secondly review the map time recs, warriors can never beat the solo times in the lower map brakets... Why? Less mob density and lower mob armor ratings... Which makes this ideal for dps player ... And they rule the solo rec there. Again it makes sense.

When you consider the above mentioned points... I have to ... Even if i dont want to (lols) give credit to STS for making the right moves to create class balance in PVE, thought its not perfected but atleast is closer.

Now if you are impartial and belive timed runs are simply a 'DPS' class arena then i apologize for writing this as you will never understand what im talking about but thank you for reading it (if you are) anyways.

Now we finally have a multi-class party in PVE where the mob design has taken into consideration the classes, wars to handle mobs, rogues to handle mini-bosses, boses and specialized monsters like shamans and 'mages' and mage class for crowd control.... Is that not what class balance is?

Thanks for reading.

-Maarkus

Youre one of the best tanks out there and once again what you wrote was 100% on point, not tru with me being bettah than u tho ^^ you and ryvz are op :D

Ticklish
04-18-2016, 06:04 PM
@Maarkus I am lamenting the fact that endgame maps (especially Glintstone) have become a tank version of arena, if you know what I mean. I was comparing full map runs of a solo tank versus that of a tank and rogue of equal skill/gear. When a tank feels it's easier and faster to run without dps, isn't that counter-intuitive to the balance we want to achieve? It may have something to do with damage and armor scaling of mobs, or with the fact that tanks indeed do good damage output at the moment. I do not wish this to be a tank vs dps scenario. What I desire is for all classes of equal skill and gear to be able to run together and produce better results than if they were running solo.

Ardbeg
04-18-2016, 06:12 PM
@Maarkus I am lamenting the fact that endgame maps (especially Glintstone) have become a tank version of arena, if you know what I mean. I was comparing full map runs of a solo tank versus that of a tank and rogue of equal skill/gear. When a tank feels it's easier and faster to run without dps, isn't that counter-intuitive to the balance we want to achieve? It may have something to do with damage and armor scaling of mobs, or with the fact that tanks indeed do good damage output at the moment. I do not wish this to be a tank vs dps scenario. What I desire is for all classes of equal skill and gear to be able to run together and produce better results than if they were running solo.

Uhm, which tank made that statement? I am at the end of the line with tank glintstone setup, and always look for a rogue and a mage in a party, because that is the most efficient way now.

Ticklish
04-18-2016, 07:40 PM
Uhm, which tank made that statement? I am at the end of the line with tank glintstone setup, and always look for a rogue and a mage in a party, because that is the most efficient way now.

I have a couple tank friends who feel this way, partly because it's more relaxed, mobs don't hit hard. I prefer all-class parties in my runs as well, except when I can't run continuously so I just go random.

Oezheasate
04-19-2016, 03:38 AM
I have a couple tank friends who feel this way, partly because it's more relaxed, mobs don't hit hard. I prefer all-class parties in my runs as well, except when I can't run continuously so I just go random.

I prefer having dps by my side even in the new maps.

Maarkus
04-19-2016, 06:08 AM

Hi Ticklish,

Thank you for the response.
I personally feel that i preffer to have a multiclass party in Glintstone as per Ioez & Ard. I am perplexed to bear of tanks out there not wanting a DPS in Glintstone maps.
Just to make you get to know my mindset a but, my default setting is run maps solo... Simply bec due to the previous seasons no one really invites a war in a party and for those great friends that actually invite me infeel bad cos i know i will slow them down... Now ... Things gave changed and yes i have been soloing glintstone maps a lot and i really feel the difference when DPS

Safiras
04-19-2016, 06:29 AM
Hi Ticklish,

Thank you for the response.
I personally feel that i preffer to have a multiclass party in Glintstone as per Ioez & Ard. I am perplexed to bear of tanks out there not wanting a DPS in Glintstone maps.
Just to make you get to know my mindset a but, my default setting is run maps solo... Simply bec due to the previous seasons no one really invites a war in a party and for those great friends that actually invite me infeel bad cos i know i will slow them down... Now ... Things gave changed and yes i have been soloing glintstone maps a lot and i really feel the difference when DPS

Now this is wrong... When I see you in a town doing nothing I will ask you for a run, because you know how to tank, how to pull, how to defend your DPS in an Elite run. Few tanks can do the same. And that I feel is what we lack, besides the ever-elusive class balance.