PDA

View Full Version : Mega Mage VS. Sewer Queen

mike1298
07-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Hey all. I have full MM with wand and staff. I was wondering if it would be better to sell the Robe and helm and buy a sewer queen robe and helm. And keep my wand, bracer and staff. I've seen a majority of mages using sewer over mega for PVE.

I don't PVP on this character, strictly PVE. Should I keep what I have (not planning on getting enchanted), or sell the two parts for sewer queen. With the extra money I can get customized on my archer.

grenadiers
07-16-2011, 09:34 PM
I personally say go with sewer queen. The extra health regen is good for over.

mike1298
07-16-2011, 09:42 PM
It seems like overall the sewer / mage combo has better stats too.

sun light
07-18-2011, 03:39 PM
i asked myself.... hey.. r u still a mage? cos im a dex mage adn i tried to wear the raid set and i was Addict to mana pots, Second's delay in healing (to reload mana)group and one is dead
so im wearing the sk and leave the bonus to the birds =)
and if I'm the only mage I have to take care about the group

friedkimchi
07-20-2011, 12:23 AM
I've tried using sewer queen equips with a combination of megamage and enchanted equips. I still find myself going back to my enchanted set.
I like being sparkly.

But since you're looking for more money to finance your archer, I would recommend selling your helm and robes.

Tried dex mage with my Custom recurve set. Loved the insane crit but hated having to spam mana pots. Plus I was extra squishy.

Tamino
07-20-2011, 08:22 AM
I'm using Enchanted Persistence Crown + SQ Robe as base, with SQ (Scrubber, at times) Staff or Enchanted Wand + Lowman's Bracer. This appears to me a better balance between attack, defense and Mana Regen. The set bonus of Enchanted or MM are sweet, but to have it you must unbalance yor sets toward H/s or M/s, and I don't like it (mage is my "no pot" character).

ECHUSER
08-01-2011, 09:18 AM
i had the mm staff set but switched to sewer set and couldnt really tell the difference between the two in the sewe r(i only pve). when the level cap is raised, i think the wand+bracer set bonus will come in handy so i went ahead and bought the mm wand set and staff set this weekend.

Ayrilana
08-01-2011, 09:56 AM
A lot might be switching to sewer because it's very cheap alternative so that they can sell their mega mage set before prices fall. I sold mine a long time ago because I didn't want to lose money. With it being so close to the next expansion, I advise to not buy any of the expensive gear since their prices will fall. If you want them, wait until a few days after the expansion is out.

Ayc2000
08-01-2011, 11:54 AM
A lot might be switching to sewer because it's very cheap alternative so that they can sell their mega mage set before prices fall. I sold mine a long time ago because I didn't want to lose money. With it being so close to the next expansion, I advise to not buy any of the expensive gear since their prices will fall. If you want them, wait until a few days after the expansion is out. Don't you mean buy the expensive gear, but don't sell, becasue the prices are low and wait to sell them after the expansion so the prices will go back up?

drewcapu
08-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Don't you mean buy the expensive gear, but don't sell, becasue the prices are low and wait to sell them after the expansion so the prices will go back up?

Historically, Level Cap gear goes down in price as new Level Cap gear is introduced.

But, even after the new campaign is out, it'll take about 42k xp for people to get to L60 to get the top level pinks. So, it'll be awhile before people start dropping the gear that has a chance for the set bonuses.

ECHUSER
08-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Historically, Level Cap gear goes down in price as new Level Cap gear is introduced.

But, even after the new campaign is out, it'll take about 42k xp for people to get to L60 to get the top level pinks. So, it'll be awhile before people start dropping the gear that has a chance for the set bonuses.

my thoughts exactly. unless devs make the drop rate 100% like they did for shadow caves, i dont think the prices will drop drastically for the first few weeks. and by that time i should be at lvl 60, grinding to 61. as long as i stay on top of the xp curve, i should be able to getaway with only loosing a few hundred thousand as a worst case scenario.