PDA

View Full Version : Another "help me" thread (lvl46)

vis0r
07-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Hello ppl,

Just wonder what I should aim for next .. I'm level 45(almost 46) pure INT, have got Kharfa Helm of Osiris, Set Lighting Staff of Isis, Dreamer's Khafra Cloth. And Have got around 240k gold saved.

Up to AO3 I survive fairly easy and obviously clean everything fast enough as well. And I do like the Idea to have Staff instead of wand+shield. But AO3 levels made me think twice ... I am being 2-3 hit killed in most cases =)
Eventually I am planning to switch to staff anyway, but for now I am not sure I can do without a wand+shield pure for survivability issues (unless I am in full party and staying behind). So I am curious at what stage should I spend my money and on what equipment? I am thinking about Cosmos set at level 50 and then push for mystery quests to get that equipment. Anything before level 50? Or is there any other items I should look at?

As I can do Plasma Pyramid fairly easy I could push a little bit and get 100-200k more if needed, but want to progress without much runs if possible .. trying a bit of everything :)

Tamino
07-18-2011, 04:47 AM
IMHO your gears are good for your level, it is better for you to save money that you get playing Crush The Keeper map and liquidating all items that drop there (yes, even most of the pinks). When you arrive 50 it is your choice:

Wear cheap 50 pinks, jump to Sewer, gaining exp quickly; expect to be booted a lot of times (someone tries it at 48...). You should buy lev 51 yellows/greens asap, because your gears are too low in armor/damage to be effective. I do not recommend this option.

Buy a premium lev 50 pink set (the mid-cost Keeper Cosmos or expensive Keeper Shadow or Glowstick) and getting around AO3 awaiting to be 53. You will be more accepted when you enter in Sewers and can mix sewers gears with your equipment. This was what I did.

Make the Cyber or Mystery quests for 50 sets; these are only a bit worse than premium 50 sets and give you an opportunity to gain EXP and money spending your time in AO3. Similar to the previous option, I did this too (but wearing my Keeper set, that was easier).

As you can see, I suggest you to spend a lot of time in AO3. Levelling in the Sewers is long and may result boring, don't be eager to enter there too quick. And change weapons only at 50.

xero
07-18-2011, 05:33 AM
@vis0r

I agree with Tamino.. for the most part anyway...

If your shooting for cosmos set for 50, just stick with that plan... id have 2 loadouts for grinding (1 with wand/shield for survivability if no tanks are around to grab aggro and the other for pure nukage against mobs and bosses if a tank is present and KNOWS what he/she is doing)... but that's just IMO... or you could just dual spec.

However, since younsaid u were pure int, maybe not the best idea... atleast until you get to 56 (which is current cap, or 61 if you want to wait until the expansion around the 25th. At which point, you can spend the 2 plat to respec your character... but its ALL up to you)

Whatever you choose, best of luck :)