PDA

View Full Version : Elite planar tombs boss 1 rant:

Miguel Herbert
04-13-2016, 12:22 PM
So I'm somewhat of a collector. I collect stuff, 'nuff said. Anyways I had my eye and that beauty they call "planar pendant" and my freind did too. Lucky I defeated the tombs 1 boss a long time ago with stun and mages freezing him. However now me (56) with 3 mages can't even kill him without dying to the fireballs after getting him to 50%. Wondering how can you actually kill him? (0-0 no way we could, unless there is a strategy I'm missing, you know since freezing him was patched lol. Or maybe even a video of him being beat modern times. Anyone else have this problem ("-" he just seems too OP and can't even move on to tombs 2-3 without this fireballs tanker. I'm thinking full Mcraws and stun the jerk tank rouge? Or any actual ideas would be great

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Ilmagobagigio
04-13-2016, 12:27 PM
You need stun pets, like kelvin or george. When the boss "charge" the tower show 10 circles of fire that appear at 2 sec one from the other in sequence. When u count 8 circles .....STUN!
Prevent the boss to create the tower.
Good luck, not an easy boss ;)

bhaitigreat
04-13-2016, 12:28 PM
He's easy like anything now.. u probably was overconfident on your stat.. same trick applied I killed him 2ce today with my mage.. what's your class

Sent from my SM-T111 using Tapatalk

ilhanna
04-13-2016, 12:40 PM
Use Kelvin. When boss has that big red circle around him before he spawns lava pit, count the fire blasts that flare from him. After the 7th flare hit Kelvin's AA. Or watch timer when he starts the red circle, and hit Kelvin's AA on the 8th second after circle appears. Don't AA too soon or too late. Actually if your dps can blast him with plenty of dmg you wouldn't even have to stun. Boss simply wouldn't spawn lava pit. But just to be on the safe side, practice timing your Kelvin.

Att
04-13-2016, 02:20 PM
Run in circles. Fireball is very slow. It should be very easy for mage with gale skill.

nightmaresmoke
04-13-2016, 06:00 PM
Run in circles. Fireball is very slow. It should be very easy for mage with gale skill.

Ahh yes run in circles like a headless chicken haha

Miguel Herbert
04-14-2016, 10:24 AM
Thanks everyone :) and I'll try different pets, McRaw is my best but I didn't know about the 6-8second stun thing I'll have to time it properly, maybe get nekro or toor

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

ilhanna
04-14-2016, 11:45 AM
McCraw only has about 50% stun rate at high level. Kelvin stuns 100% even at level 1. Same with George, but this monkey has a much longer cooldown.

PS Kelvin is worth having especially if you're a warrior. You'll find him super useful in some of the trickier boss fights like Taurus.

Morholt
04-14-2016, 10:24 PM
Boss1 wasn't hard once I learned that you can kill him without stun pets timing.

At 46 did it on my mage with a fairly weak mage partied with me.
Avoid the boss while he's moving around. The moment he begins to set up the fire totem...unload on him! You just have to hurt him enough and he'll become stunned. Then he'll go back to chasing you. Repeat a couple times and you'll be done.

Was a thrilling fight...I told the weak mage to not attack while he's roaming so that I could keep aggro. Dude didn't listen and died a couple times...without ankhs. This made it extremely scary for me because my ping was randomly jumping to 1.3k throughout the fight. I still don't know how I managed to finish off the boss while the second totem was up and me lagging hard. lol

This boss irked me for a bit, as I couldn't solo him. Could do the map, but not the boss. Then teaming up with a weak mage I noticed the totem interruption thing...I could've saved a lot of deaths had I known this while trying with random rogues--we were staying away while he set the thing up! Oops!

Easy/simple method: have one warrior who can go toe to toe with the boss and then the rest of your party be mages/rogues to prevent totems. Have your party use a variety of pets, so that way you have different arcane abilities that can be used at the same time to maximize damage output.

Switch to fire/ice/lite/shield for the fight, if you're a mage. If your warrior holds aggro well, swap out shield for gale. Fire/ice/lite have short cooldowns, deal good damage, and that dot really adds up over those 8 seconds or so...not to mention if you manage to proc the arcane staff..