PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Please tone down mana cost increase for rogue

extrapayah
04-13-2016, 03:08 PM
while both warrior and rogue primary stat doesn't increase mana,
warrior's skills mana cost increase in between 1.65 - 2.15 mana per level, while rogue mana cost increase between 1.5-2.5

again, since both classes primary stat doesn't give mana, the increment rate per level should be equal, to have fair dependency to int/mana stat

thanks

Ardbeg
04-13-2016, 03:57 PM
All classes pot in pve:
Tanks because they get aggro,
Mages because they're squishy when not on shield, and Rogues for mana. As long as every class has their trade of, all is fine. Why should Rogues have the best ranged damage without trade-off?
Stat values need to be put in perspective to balance/effect.

extrapayah
04-13-2016, 04:46 PM
the trade off from rogue is already given in the recent reduction of armor value... and ofc, recent change on how bow will have lesser skill damage...

Ardbeg
04-13-2016, 05:00 PM
We ran together with a Rogue with a Glintstone Fervor Bow in Party and the AOE damage output is still amazing. No problem for Rogues so far in a mixed party -Please keep in mind that i only comment on pve- Running the maps in a full class party now brings back the times when every class was actually needed to succeed. It might not be perfect now, but it is great fun to see people in gc once again asking for a full diverse party, sts got that right.

I think the balance should be discussed once elites and new gear are out.

extrapayah
04-13-2016, 05:08 PM
also, let's assume that classes do full build of primary stat,

warrior will have the strongest effective damage and tankiest compared to warrior who spec for additional dex/int, but will grow more dependent on int/mana, thanks to the the ever increasing mana cost

rogue will have the strongest effective damage output, but weakest in health and mana, compared to other rogue who spec for additional int/str

sorcerer will also have the strongest effective damage output, but weakest in health, compared to other sorcerer who spec for additional dex/str

and tbh, the reduction of mana cost won't disturb the balance you are talking about, in pve

Avaree
04-13-2016, 05:16 PM
also, let's assume that classes do full build of primary stat,

warrior will have the strongest effective damage and tankiest compared to warrior who spec for additional dex/int, but will grow more dependent on int/mana, thanks to the the ever increasing mana cost

rogue will have the strongest effective damage output, but weakest in health and mana, compared to other rogue who spec for additional int/str

sorcerer will also have the strongest effective damage output, but weakest in health, compared to other sorcerer who spec for additional dex/str

and tbh, the reduction of mana cost won't disturb the balance you are talking about, in pve

Why would it effect the balance of the party? I had the weakest and lowest hp and mana due to glintstone, i never once let my party down. Its about the team together as one, not what you are relaying & wanting.

Ardbeg
04-13-2016, 05:16 PM

Neither would it disturb the balance if tanks would regain hps much faster.

Hint: Pots are here as a gold sink for all generated gold out of nowhere, inflating the economy. Every class has to carry its weight. I don t see how rogues suffer more than mages and tanks now.

extrapayah
04-13-2016, 05:25 PM
we'll see :P

anyway, we had a guild contest of running elite maps, and the winner said he spend 400k gold to win a 1m prize (he ran about 500 elite runs, in shuyal, tindirin, and rengol, tbh, 500 runs, over 2000 minutes of gameplay for 600k profit is sad, right?), and that's before rogue got nerfed their armor

gold sinks are okay, but excessive gold sinks in pots only punish non-plat farmers, where gold generation only come from dailies, liquidation, or gold drops

Ardbeg
04-13-2016, 05:32 PM
we'll see :P

anyway, we had a guild contest of running elite maps, and the winner said he spend 400k gold to win a 1m prize, and that's before rogue got nerfed their armor, gold sinks are okay, but excessive gold sinks in pots only punish non-plat farmers, where gold generation only come from dailies, liquidation, or gold drops

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying there is nothing to adjust or improve. But tanks getting aggro and pot for hp are not better off than rogues potting for mana. if i could choose anything to adjust pve, i would prohibit mages lifegiver from grabbing aggro. That way mixed class play is further rewarded.

extrapayah
04-13-2016, 07:51 PM
Don't get me wrong. I am not saying there is nothing to adjust or improve. But tanks getting aggro and pot for hp are not better off than rogues potting for mana. if i could choose anything to adjust pve, i would prohibit mages lifegiver from grabbing aggro. That way mixed class play is further rewarded.

nice! i've been wanting to play healing mage since the start of the game, :D

Ardbeg
04-13-2016, 07:59 PM
nice! i've been wanting to play healing mage since the start of the game, :D

Don't laugh, this is a contradiction to me since start of the game. But you were the one concerned about mana usage. In starlegends the engineer could revive, imagine that for party dynamics!

Schnitzel
04-13-2016, 08:24 PM
Don't laugh, this is a contradiction to me since start of the game. But you were the one concerned about mana usage. In starlegends the engineer could revive, imagine that for party dynamics!

I always hoped that my smurf could revive people similar to how mages revive people in PL
Would be awesome to see that in the Heal Mastery, each point adds 1 more player to be eligible for a revive.
no more painful walks from the respawn point to the boss because of low ankhs or accidentally clicked the respawn button