PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Frauarin

Enigmaworld
07-18-2011, 04:32 AM
Hello,
a week ago I lend 20K gold to Frauarin, a lvl 56 bird.
I had played several times with him and he seemed to be a good guy.
He talked to me in Balefort Castle and ask me 20K, promising me to give the money back this last friday.
After many times trying to talk with him and a lot of messages asking for my money.... no answer.
He's a cheater and I've reported him.
I know it's not much gold but you could be the next.
Beware of Frauarin.

Enigmaworld (Bear 56) - Karmagic (Mage 56) - Krishnarch (Bird 56)

Zaltiar
07-18-2011, 05:01 AM
I hope you had your lesson learned. Never trust players you don't personally know online.
Also, you should email spacetimestudios about your problem,
but thank you for your warning. Hopefully this person gets banned soon.

Edit: inb4lock.

Mkcecil
07-18-2011, 05:06 AM
Lending money is like giving it away for free in a way and isn't good..sorry for your lose but thank you for letting us know, please do send STS a email about your problem.

Enigmaworld
07-18-2011, 05:08 AM
I did it. Spacetimestudios has received an e-mail from me.
20k it's not much gold for me and I like helping others... it's the first time this happen to me.
This kind of guys should get banned soon.

Riccits
07-18-2011, 05:09 AM
*inbeforelock*

yep lending money is like give away... i never c that money again... u cant even report him since u gave him money for free...
at least it was just 20k.

Silentarrow
07-18-2011, 05:53 AM
*In before lock too, I guess :D*

This has happened to me a couple of times too... When the crystal armor prices were high, I sold the helm to this guy for 10k and he promised to give me 50k later. Every time I asked him he would say "Ok in a sec". Now hes always offline, I assume he got banned for scamming other people.

Fyrce
07-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Other than a few people, I would expect money I lend to actually be a give. And I wouldn't "lend" 20k to a level 56. If the player can't make that in less time than all the begging he's gonna have to do, there's no way he can make it to return that "money".

I'm not sure I would "lend" any gold to high levels. They should know to make their own or don't need to buy.

OTOH, if they are good friends, I will give away my extra drops to them, especially if I've farmed with them before. At least I know they're working it.

Survivorfan
07-18-2011, 03:08 PM
I hope you had your lesson learned. Never trust players you don't personally know online.
Also, you should email spacetimestudios about your problem,
but thank you for your warning. Hopefully this person gets banned soon.

Edit: inb4lock.
Yes, don't lend money to anyone, and I mean anyone unless you know them personally.

Kraze
07-18-2011, 03:19 PM
U live u learn in before lock

Samhayne
07-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Locking thread.

Issues like this can be brought up with our support team via e-mail to support(at)spacetimestudios.com (replace the (at) with the @ symbol).

The game systems only support a secure trade, where you trade something of value for something else of value at the time of the trade. Giving someone 20k gold is just that, giving it to them. There is little enforceability for their promise to give you anything back at at later time.