PDA

View Full Version : lvl 56 crown... which one?? (dex mage)

sun light
07-18-2011, 01:04 PM
hii.... im a dex mage and i was thinking of the str crown...
but someone told me is the worth one =
(Customized Crown of Persistence Req: Level 56, No req,
14 Dex
12% Hit
10% Crit,
6 H/s,
27 Armor
Enchanted Crown of Persistence Req: Level 56, No req,
14 Int,
8 H/s,
10 Damage,
37 Armor
Fortified Crown of Persistence Req: Level 56, No req,
14 Str,
8 H/s,
8 Damage,
39 Armor

i tought about takink max armor from the crown... an i wrong?
im using sewer king set cos i need the m/s
after all... im still a mage lol and i cant without spells
tnx for ure answer

Darkfader
07-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Crown isnt vanity item so don't break your full set(with setbonus).

sun light
07-18-2011, 02:50 PM
sewer king doesnt have set bonus...
wait... the crown is Complet the set so i got the bonus?
if i have Customized Recurve Set, or Raid Roach...?

Darkfader
07-18-2011, 03:34 PM
No it wont complete those sets.

sun light
07-18-2011, 03:52 PM
ok...
i guess i go for the str, cos i did not really understand what you lol
don't break your full set(with setbonus)
sk have no bonus...
and i saw that (the sec pic)
Sewer king leather/scarab/fortified cop/ring 2%crit, 8 armor
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27452-Which-lvl-56-gear-setup-is-better&highlight=crown
i use dmg ring so i will have "only" 101 armor
sounds good... isn't it?

JaytB
07-18-2011, 04:48 PM
ok...
i guess i go for the str, cos i did not really understand what you lol
don't break your full set(with setbonus)
sk have no bonus...
and i saw that (the sec pic)
Sewer king leather/scarab/fortified cop/ring 2%crit, 8 armor
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27452-Which-lvl-56-gear-setup-is-better&highlight=crown
i use dmg ring so i will have "only" 101 armor
sounds good... isn't it?

Ow lol, that was my screenshot you were refering to right?

Anyway, I'd say definitely go for the str crown. It's the only crown of the 3 I actually use, in specific situations. The armor bonus is huge... As I said in the other thread, I prefer that setup over a talon set... Better dmg, similar survivability :)

sun light
07-18-2011, 06:52 PM
lol i go for the str hour ago...
and yea!!! finaly i dont have to fight.... for my life! hahah
and i have cool dmg and Normal M/S and H/S im soo happy...
btw... i hate talon lol if i ever wear a shield it will be forti gear with a wand
cos i hate Chasing after the enemies :D

Zaltiar
07-19-2011, 08:15 AM
Hm, I use a dex bird, and I'm almost up to 56 now. Should I be getting the dex crown? :\

JaytB
07-19-2011, 08:44 AM
lol i go for the str hour ago...
and yea!!! finaly i dont have to fight.... for my life! hahah
and i have cool dmg and Normal M/S and H/S im soo happy...
btw... i hate talon lol if i ever wear a shield it will be forti gear with a wand
cos i hate Chasing after the enemies :D

Nice to hear you like it :D And agreed on the talon, I don't like it much either. The base dmg is just way too low as compared to a bow IMO

Hm, I use a dex bird, and I'm almost up to 56 now. Should I be getting the dex crown? :\

Dex crown can be useful, if you don't have a full (raid or custom) set. If you have a full set, its not worth it to be honest, because it breaks your set and thus your set-bonus.

It can be a valid alternative if you can't afford a full set, or when you simply want to save some gold . I remember physiologic made a thread about this a while ago. he concluded that a combination of Dex crown and other relatively cheap pieces of equipment, could make for a worthy alternative to a full set.

If you have a full set I'd recommend a str crown for the reasons mentioned in the other thread (link in one of the previous posts).

sun light
07-19-2011, 08:52 AM
someone told me to take the dex crown cos the crit points.
but i needed armor! im a mage and i always run ahead lol
now im happy... i dont know how birds living with that they need to fight for they lifes all the time.
102 armor is fine for me. is normal
i dont need to be a bear to survive
cos i use my spells well.
u should ask ureself what the crown give me? (or u)
cos u agree that if a bear with forti set use the str crown? he was waisting his plt for nothing... 5 plt for 2 armor? or somthing like that...
now u need to what gear u have and what the best crown for u
for me? it was awesome!
more 18 armor.2 hs instead. 6 ms and 4 crit and. 6 hit(i think) sk cap
i have. 133 hit! do i realy need more? lol
edit.
btw.. People's reactions was... beasty!! haha
thats why im soo happy ;)

Zaltiar
07-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Ah, thanks for your recommendation Jaytb, yep in a few days I'll have enough for a full set. (But I was kind of hoping to save my money and get the new gear once the update is up)
I guess I might as well get the set and go with the strength crown, I usually tend to go first and try to get a lot of damage on mobs so my teammates can finish them off lol, I dont like being at the back, makes me feel left out.
plus its no fun. :P

Cheers,

sun light
07-19-2011, 12:45 PM
if the 60 gear will br like the. 55 gear?
so save ure money.
today is there a big different between. 50 gear to 51 gear. cos the. 51 items is exactly like the. 55 eccept. minor differents. (like 4 armor or. 6 dmg)
so...when the update up, u can reach 56 items that will be like the. 60 items eccept minor differents.
so... its a Theory but if u say about saving money u should think about that.
myb u should wear cheap items For a while
The bottom line is a gamble depending on when the update will be
i had 2 sewer king sets and now i have on me just the leather and the bow.
the cap i sold after i got the crown...

Suntv
07-19-2011, 05:01 PM
If you wanna play to kill, then buy the dex crown (more crit),
If you wanna play to live, then buy the str crown (more armor).

sun light
07-20-2011, 01:11 AM
hi sun.. ;) tnx for helping me getting. 56 lol
and i think ure wrong.
birds shouldnt take the dex crown cos the different between the dex crown to the recurve cap is. 6 armor
the point is that the crown is breaking the bonus set. and the bonus for the recurve set is 7 armor. 4 ms 5 hs and. 2 crit..
thats the way for all crowns.
str gear with str crown is waisted...
the the same thing for int gear with int crown.
the only good thing in the whole story is that the crown have no req stats

friedkimchi
07-21-2011, 07:17 AM
hi sun.. ;) tnx for helping me getting. 56 lol
and i think ure wrong.
birds shouldnt take the dex crown cos the different between the dex crown to the recurve cap is. 6 armor
the point is that the crown is breaking the bonus set. and the bonus for the recurve set is 7 armor. 4 ms 5 hs and. 2 crit..
thats the way for all crowns.
str gear with str crown is waisted...
the the same thing for int gear with int crown.
the only good thing in the whole story is that the crown have no req stats

Yet many lvl 55/56 people don't use 'sets'. They just mix and match. I personally tried using the Dex Crown along with other gear for my archer but still ended up going to my Custom set.

Bottom line, if you already have an existing set like RR or Custom set, no point in using the lvl 56 crown.
Unless you want to create a defensive setup (like me), use a Str crown. If not, simply get the Dex crown and keep it in storage and pray it becomes a vanity item.

My own characters.
- Dex crown is used by my bear instead since its a dual spec.
- Int crown is not used at all by my mage, since I already had the enchanted set before I got to lvl 56.
- Str crown is used in my defensive/mob clearing setup by my archer.

Tamino
07-21-2011, 08:13 AM
Yet many lvl 55/56 people don't use 'sets'. They just mix and match. I personally tried using the Dex Crown along with other gear for my archer but still ended up going to my Custom set.

Bottom line, if you already have an existing set like RR or Custom set, no point in using the lvl 56 crown.
Unless you want to create a defensive setup (like me), use a Str crown. If not, simply get the Dex crown and keep it in storage and pray it becomes a vanity item.

My own characters.
- Dex crown is used by my bear instead since its a dual spec.
- Int crown is not used at all by my mage, since I already had the enchanted set before I got to lvl 56.
- Str crown is used in my defensive/mob clearing setup by my archer.

I subscribe almost anything. I use DEX/STR crowns om my dual spec bear as stat boosters, and INT crown on my mage (I don't like Enchanted nor MegaMage sets). But NEVER destroy a Custom/RR set bonus with a Crown !

sun light
07-22-2011, 04:53 AM
tamino.
set or not... give me one reason why u use the int crown on ure mage and not simple enchanted helm.
those two is the same thing! almost...
except. 2 armor i think
if u look u will see that the crown is the same thing like the others lvl. 55 items. so u have to mix it! if u not.. u just waist ure plt and time to get. 56
look on the crowns and
ench helm
forti helm
and costum cap
like i say... minor different

Tamino
07-22-2011, 05:44 AM
tamino.
set or not... give me one reason why u use the int crown on ure mage and not simple enchanted helm.
those two is the same thing! almost...
except. 2 armor i think
if u look u will see that the crown is the same thing like the others lvl. 55 items. so u have to mix it! if u not.. u just waist ure plt and time to get. 56
look on the crowns and
ench helm
forti helm
and costum cap
like i say... minor different
Actually they are +8 armor, no premium ring gives the same amount... I didn't say I ground three characters to 56 only for the crowns, but they resulted useful for me once I had them. And I don't see any point in spending my money in an Enchanted cowl (230-450k) if I already have a better item in my stash.

<edit> The crowns look similar one to the others, but you forgot the +14 STR versus +14 DEX or INT; as stat boosters for dual characters they are the best item you can have: no stat requirement ! Thanks to that I can wear 2-handed gears like bows in two step only, saving one loadout.

About my reasons to front the levelling effort three times... Why does a dog lick its butt? Because it can. ;)

sun light
07-22-2011, 06:12 AM
yep.. i just check.
u r right.
just forti helm is less2 armor then the str crown.
so.. i f u already use set is useless
and i took the str cos i want to build forti gear with a wand, and like u say the boost is easy with the crown.
my other mage is lvl 51 and im waiting for the updait.
and farming. 51 cos the items is more expensive lol
i need money! !! 2 mil is not enough lolol