PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded Skills

Jekyll
06-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Now I'm not sure if the dmg your skills put out are determined by the dmg your weapon has but I was wondering if you (devs) ever planned on improving or upgrading current skills for the future.

For example, Blast Shot for the archer says 8-60dmg and 2-6m area blast. Will this ever increase or will we ever be able to add more points into this?

The only reason I brought this up is because I can safely assume the enemies in the upcoming Alien Oasis are going to more difficult than the Swamp enemies and 60 dmg doesn't seem like much.

Again, I don't know if the dmg your skills produce is based on the weapon you're using but if that isn't the case then it would make sense to have more powerful skills for future dungeons/levels.

Sorry if this has already been discussed or mentioned.

Rebel
06-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Now I'm not sure if the dmg your skills put out are determined by the dmg your weapon has but I was wondering if you (devs) ever planned on improving or upgrading current skills for the future.

For example, Blast Shot for the archer says 8-60dmg and 2-6m area blast. Will this ever increase or will we ever be able to add more points into this?

The only reason I brought this up is because I can safely assume the enemies in the upcoming Alien Oasis are going to more difficult than the Swamp enemies and 60 dmg doesn't seem like much.

Again, I don't know if the dmg your skills produce is based on the weapon you're using but if that isn't the case then it would make sense to have more powerful skills for future dungeons/levels.

Sorry if this has already been discussed or mentioned.

This isn't the only problem. The farther we level up, the more skill points that we will earn. The more points we earn, the more points we can spend for skills. Pretty soon, with only 5 points being able to go in each skills, there won't be anywhere to spend our points.

Elfche
06-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Not to mention that even now there is pretty much 1 general build for everyone. The more skills you have, the more differentiation, the more the player's skills (both tactical and "tapping") will begin to shine.

More choice = more freedom = more difference

Rebel
06-09-2010, 09:35 PM
I would love to see skill trees. This would add SO much more definition to each class and the sub-classes of each class.

Skill Trees
Enchantress:
Healer
Mage (dps)

Warrior:
Tank
Dps

Archer:
Instant big damage
Damage over time (ex. poison, burning, shocked)

This is what I would love to see.

Azrael
06-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Not to mention that even now there is pretty much 1 general build for everyone. The more skills you have, the more differentiation, the more the player's skills (both tactical and "tapping") will begin to shine.

More choice = more freedom = more difference

Actually at this moment enchantress has a lot of different build options with the new improvements to debuffs.

That said.. i approve of many many changes like this being made to the game to make pvp more than a cooldown fight.