PDA

View Full Version : I Hate RMK!! What can be done to avoid it?

Gladeye
07-18-2011, 09:20 PM
More and more often, I'll be in a group that gets a third or so through a dungeon when someone announces "rmk" and everyone leaves. I understand why people do this. It always feels soulless to me. They just want to grind out exp, but what about us players who like to do full runs, kill bosses, and complete quests? I can't prevent anyone in my group from leaving anytime they want to, and I wouldn't want to.

It is difficult to find regular people to group with who also like more thorough dungeonering. Communicating with the people you are grouped with is a hassle anyway, because the pace is usually pretty fast, bringing up the chat screen makes you blind to the action, and we have to type on touchscreen keyboards. Have any of you found a way to make decent full runs without a lot of aggravation?

Register
07-18-2011, 09:25 PM
you could always host your own fun runs? Or ask if you can do more of the level. nice hosts might say yes ya never know ;) Dont join the groups that seem to be remakers. an easy avoid is to join games where there is no host. nobody can boot and rarely people say wanna rmk? You could get through the whole level if everybody stays.

Siejo
07-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Best thing I have seen to do is create your own game and and when players enter announce you are clearing. Doing this well explain your intentions and those who are joining just to do xp runs will exit.

Kraze
07-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Nothing really can be done outside of hosting your own runs or perhaps look at joining a guild to expand your sphere of friends

Wretch
07-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Right now everyone is trying to max out before update... You will find more after it's released.

I'm a casual player, add me ign same as forum, I'll play with ya and do full runs!

Gladeye
07-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the helpful comments. Maybe I'm just too uptight about it. I wonder if it irritates many other people.

Zaltiar
07-18-2011, 11:04 PM
I had the same problem as well before. Just ask if they are running for xp when you join. If they are, most likely they will remake.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

DPANDA
07-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Good host who is doing xp runs should let new people know that it is an xp run.
Also you can usually tell it's an xp run when one or more of the players are potted up.

:)

Kakatoa91
07-19-2011, 07:12 AM
I dont mind joining any type of game. I just go with the flow. If im not in mood of rmk i just change at the end of the game since most of time its a full party so no exp wasted for them or me.
Generaly go with open 56 game in BS, 99% time they do full run.
Its also less stressfull and if you r a good asset, they invite u again later.

Tamino
07-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Good host usually announces "EXP Runs! RMK before boss!" or "Rmk after Catspaw!" whenever a new player joins: this leaves you the possibility to choose at first beginning. This common practice is actually a pretty improvement with respect to Crush The Keeper EXP runs (you was NEVER aware of players intentions till the boss room).

Someone proposed to "name" the game you're hosting, listing all the names on the join screen; there were pros and cons, but this would be a possible solution to the RMK problem.

CanonicalKoi
07-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Are you doing Sewer runs, Glad or elsewhere? Feel free to add any of my chars because I like clearing too (hate leaving leftovers!). Let me know what level chars you like to run with--I've likely got one of some sort that'll fit in.

noobmigo
07-19-2011, 08:52 AM
I hate clearing. Gah.

sun light
07-19-2011, 09:13 AM
and i hate lvl 51 that clearing the map and when we got to the bos? ? they say no... we cant kill him and then they invite some. 55 lvl and kill the chance to farm 51 lol
noobs
cmon guys... less is more haha

StompArtist
07-19-2011, 09:53 AM
This thread has gone long enough RMK!

drewcapu
07-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Reminds me, I still gotta do a few more Snowball runs. Kill two yeti and rmk!

CanonicalKoi
07-19-2011, 10:32 AM
I hate clearing. Gah.

Clearing = XP = Winning getting to level 61 wager.... ;)

noobmigo
07-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Clearing = XP = Winning getting to level 61 wager.... ;)

I just made 130k. I got an Iceberg Longsword/Frost Knight Plate during farming. And some other random pinks. :D

BTW Clearin = Boredom = Less Inspiration to win the 61 bribe.

CanonicalKoi
07-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Clearing = more time spent with a good team = camaraderie = I don't have to smack you. That's just logic, that is. ;)

noobmigo
07-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Clearing = more time spent with a good team = camaraderie = I don't have to smack you. That's just logic, that is. ;)

Clearing = More time spent with a good team = Makes me look more of a noob = sadness = depression = severe mental illnesses = uh...

OR

Clearing = More Time to Chat = More annoying people telling me I'm an imposter (So annoying) = more rants = sadness for all = more inspiration to clear = a extra 500k for Noobmigo.

Snakespeare
07-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Since there are no pinks dropping, why waste time on the boss? Who wants another useless orange item?

Devs are on my "sringy list"! Put more pinks in the game and people will clear.

JTZ
10-09-2011, 10:18 PM
sometimes that is anoying especially when the host doesnt add you or doesnt even tell you. :D