PDA

View Full Version : The Anti-Scam System

Kaziscate
04-18-2016, 08:34 PM
Just a disclaimer,seems like it belongs in the suggestions section of the forums,I wanted to put this in the general discussion section so that people can discuss how scamming can be fixed.

Even though there is a confirmation system when trading,people are still getting scammed no matter what. One of the more notorious methods being the Leprechaun Pendant and Lunar Pendant trick. How about to prevent this from happening,add a system where the traders have the option for imputing what they are asking for into the trade.These items can easily be searched up to make it more convenient. The "asked" items are required fields that the other person needs to meet. If the requirements aren't met,the confirmation immediately gets cancelled.This can also possibly be used to negate the Leprechaun-Lunar pendants trick. Also,if no required fields are submitted,then trading will go as normally. Do you guys think this is a good idea? How would you fix scamming?

nightmaresmoke
04-18-2016, 08:38 PM
The trade window really needs a overhaul badly.

Miguel Herbert
04-18-2016, 08:40 PM
What would be better is making the lunar pendant a legendary but seeing as it did earn its spot, make the lepre legendary or arcane, your idea seems brilliant but a bit tedious for sts even tho they could prevent scams

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Schnitzel
04-18-2016, 09:26 PM
Or, when something is replaced, just add a highlight over the new item.

Manuel Emilio
04-18-2016, 09:35 PM
Leprechaun-Lunar, I see a big difference between names dude. If a player is "scammed" is his fault.

Enviado desde mi B1-730 mediante Tapatalk

Kaziscate
04-18-2016, 09:59 PM
Leprechaun-Lunar, I see a big difference between names dude. If a player is "scammed" is his fault.

Enviado desde mi B1-730 mediante Tapatalk

It isn't the names themselves that isn't the problem. It is the trick people do with them to scam people. This trick cancels out the ability to view and make sure that the items desired are submitted after the 2 players push confirm.

Manuel Emilio
04-18-2016, 10:01 PM
It isn't the names themselves that isn't the problem. It is the trick people do with them to scam people. This trick cancels out the ability to make sure and confirm that everything is right.
He had to change the lepre for the lunar, u have time for see the names before confirmation, if a player don't read it is because is stupid (sorry for the word), for change the item if u have confirmed he have to cancel and u can see what he put, just don't be idiot (sorry again).

Miguel Herbert
04-18-2016, 10:12 PM
He had to change the lepre for the lunar, u have time for see the names before confirmation, if a player don't read it is because is stupid (sorry for the word), for change the item if u have confirmed he have to cancel and u can see what he put, just don't be idiot (sorry again).
If I could say, first, apologizing for the word for saying it doesn't make it better, and second, humans do make errors and the are closely related in name and not everyone is on the look out the first time they encounter this. Basically when making a trade sometimes we don't look out as we should, but seriously no reason to insult them.

Manuel Emilio
04-18-2016, 10:18 PM
If I could say, first, apologizing for the word for saying it doesn't make it better, and second, humans do make errors and the are closely related in name and not everyone is on the look out the first time they encounter this. Basically when making a trade sometimes we don't look out as we should, but seriously no reason to insult them.

Buddy is not a insult, How I should call someone who don't see before trade 180k+? Sorry is because the words idiot and stupid are bad words and I don't want be reported.

Miguel Herbert
04-18-2016, 10:20 PM
Buddy is not a insult, How I should call someone who don't see before trade 180k+? Sorry is because the words idiot and stupid are bad words and I don't want be reported.
Calling someone an insult is still an insult lol, best not to use it at all, but you could sympathize with them, its a trick meaning to trick, not everyone, and I repeat, not everyone looks out for scammers when they have never been scammed before.

Manuel Emilio
04-18-2016, 10:22 PM
Calling someone an insult is still an insult lol, best not to use it at all, but you could sympathize with them, its a trick meaning to trick, not everyone, and I repeat, not everyone looks out for scammers when they have never been scammed before.

And then the fault is of the scammed guy for don't give a second look to the trade window :D

Masked
04-18-2016, 10:31 PM
Or, when something is replaced, just add a highlight over the new item.

Or when an item is replaced, the trade gets cancelled.

And then the fault is of the scammed guy for don't give a second look to the trade window :D

Not always the case, optical handicaps like dyslexia, could make similar names, blight/blinky, breeze/breezaga for example, appear to be legitamate.

Ansm
04-18-2016, 10:41 PM
They (Scammers) don't just put a Leprechaun-Lunar first. They would put trash to make Lunar not able to see on your trade screen cause you have to scroll it down first to check it.

The simplest way to prevent is to make the trade section bigger and will able to see the other items that has been included. And a player just have to check if it is really the one that he's / she's looking for. And check again before confirming it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manuel Emilio
04-18-2016, 10:44 PM
Not always the case, optical handicaps like dyslexia, could make similar names, blight/blinky, breeze/breezaga for example, appear to be legitamate.
Blight-Blinky Breeze-Breezaga? Dyslexia don't make people see diferent names, if is Blight maybe he could see Blihgt, Blitgh, Bligth, or similar things, don't make a "nky" and replace other letters, same to breezaga.

Manuel Emilio
04-18-2016, 10:49 PM
They (Scammers) don't just put a Leprechaun-Lunar first. They would put trash to make Lunar not able to see on your trade screen cause you have to scroll it down first to check it.

The easy way to prevent is to make the trade section bigger and will able to see the other items that has been included. And a player just have to check if it is really the one that he's / she's looking for. And check again before confirming it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good idea, some players are too lazy and can't scroll down, or so **** (don't know what word use) for be buying a lepre and leave the other player make the trade window full of trash. (Your idea is good, but is not essential for prevent the player of be scammed).

Fyrce
04-18-2016, 10:50 PM
I dont get this confusion thing either. I saw every time someone tried to swap out the LEPRECHAUN for a LUNAR or a BLIGHT for a BLINKY. I just pause between every tap, even if it means the trade is more of a calm walk than a sprint. If the other person is in that much of a hurry, then I do not need to do a shady alley deal. I like my deals in the light, where I have 10 seconds to check every window.

Izzo
04-18-2016, 11:00 PM
Idk how people can get scammed with lunar pendant trick. I've always double checked and people try to do that trick to me 10 times haven't gotten scammed yet.

Masked
04-18-2016, 11:01 PM
Blight-Blinky Breeze-Breezaga? Dyslexia don't make people see diferent names, if is Blight maybe he could see Blihgt, Blitgh, Bligth, or similar things, don't make a "nky" and replace other letters, same to breezaga.

You are wrong on so many levels. Educate yourself before writing about something you obviously have no clue about.

If "auto cancel on swapped items/gold" could be implimented, when an item/ or gold is swapped would benefit support by allowing less "i've been scammed" reports; as anything in trade window is generally a done deal, unless it was due to a game related bug there for support could put more focus towards the cases that are a higher priority.

Ansm
04-18-2016, 11:06 PM
Good idea, some players are too lazy and can't scroll down, or so **** (don't know what word use) for be buying a lepre and leave the other player make the trade window full of trash. (Your idea is good, but is not essential for prevent the player of be scammed).

Yep, I thought so that it isnt essential to prevent but it can help. They are just lazy. That's the problem for getting scammed! So the idea of making the window bigger can help. Unless, the players will be lazy to check the items again. And.. why in rush, right? People just keep on confirming and confirming without confirmation! .-.

Manuel Emilio
04-18-2016, 11:09 PM
You are wrong on so many levels. Educate yourself before writing about something you obviously have no clue about.

If "auto cancel on swapped items/gold" could be implimented, when an item/ or gold is swapped would benefit support by allowing less "i've been scammed" reports; as anything in trade window is generally a done deal, unless it was due to a game related bug there for support could put more focus towards the cases that are a higher priority.
Problems may include difficulties in*spellingwords, reading quickly,*writing words, "sounding out" words in the head, pronouncing words when reading aloud and understanding what one reads.[, i know what dyslexia is dude, u should study a little more (or Google it). Can I try scam u? U will see the ones u get scammed is just because are **** (don't know what word use).

Ansm
04-18-2016, 11:10 PM
I dont get this confusion thing either. I saw every time someone tried to swap out the LEPRECHAUN for a LUNAR or a BLIGHT for a BLINKY. I just pause between every tap, even if it means the trade is more of a calm walk than a sprint. If the other person is in that much of a hurry, then I do not need to do a shady alley deal. I like my deals in the light, where I have 10 seconds to check every window.

I agree. I guess they got too excited to buy that thing and was not able to check it. That would be totally wrong. Me too, though I really want that item, I would spend my 10 seconds of my life just to make sure it is what I need. I learned my lesson. Haha!

Pillowhead
04-19-2016, 12:17 AM
People still fall for that scam? Really?!?!?

Fyrce
04-19-2016, 12:22 AM
And your trade does back out to the initial window when they change something. It does that every time w me. When the trade does not advance as I expect, I slow down even more than usual. Like they will really notice if I count to 5 before each tap. I also check the entire list even if I am trading 100 items, 4 at a time, over and over and each trade has been ok. I still check the list. It keeps everyone happy, including me. Also, if I am chatting with the seller, I am chatting, NOT confirming. I confirm when the window looks the way I want it to look. There is always another deal.

Izzo
04-19-2016, 12:27 AM
People still fall for that scam? Really?!?!?

Yes it's flabbergasting

Dragoonclaws
04-19-2016, 03:48 PM
I would suggest a BIG RED EXCLAMATION POINT that appears when any modification happens.

Remove an item? BIG RED "!"

Change the gold amount? BIG RED "!"

Add an item... Nothing

The big red "!" stops blinking after a minute and slowly fades away

Do I really need to sign this?
* ´ ¨ )
.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Dragnab

mistery
04-19-2016, 04:02 PM
ez pz lmn sqz m8
1. make trades only work with 3 items instead of 4
2. evry tiem you add an item to da trade window , make it show up first, not last
3. higher tier item(rare, legendary , arcane etc) shows up first. Ex: item1: lepre, item2: legendary sword, item3...etc
4. 3-4 seconds between trade confirms