PDA

View Full Version : State of the Game: Producer's Letter April 2016

Justg
04-19-2016, 12:02 PM
Howdy folks!

We’ve had some great discussions (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?310995-State-of-the-Game-Summary-of-Two-Questions-thread) with you over the last couple of weeks about the state of the game, and I’m here to tell you about some of our conclusions and efforts that will be arising as a result. Special thanks to Carapace and STS-Vroom for helping me wrap my head around all of this.

Gear Progression:

The #1 request players have is more power. The challenge here is we need to progress power in a measured and predictable fashion. The main times we can release more powerful gear is around level cap raises. In the past we have released some extremely powerful items (Arcane Ring, Planar Pendent) as well as bumped items up in power without raising the level cap (Glintstone items over Halloween and Winter, for example). The problem here is that the best items in the game started to exceed a normal power curve. Our recent round of items have attempted to correct this and recover some headroom. This is why the latest Mythic and Arcane items have not felt as powerful. We feel that the curve has been restored to normality and we can start releasing more powerful items as the level cap raises again. You’ll start to see this with the release of Level 52-56 items coming up very soon.

Loot Distribution:

We’d like to inject a lot more loot into the system, and have it be available via a wide array of mechanisms, including farming, crafting, and chests. Starting tomorrow we’ll put a set in the game that can be gained through a combination of crafting, boss drops, and chests. Future loot will also be obtainable via a variety of means.

Better Drops from Bosses:

We’re making some changes to the loot tables that will allow bosses to drop Mythics and Arcanes. Previously they would only drop chests that may or may not contain these items. The rate of drop will be very low, but expect to see bosses dropping better items in the near future.

Original and Better Looking Stuff:

A large request is for less recolors, so we’re bringing back some of the old art team to help crank out more new and unique items for you. Expect to see this starting as soon as our next push later this week.

Inventory Management:

As the game has aged, the inventory system has been strained with more and more items. Stacking has been discussed many times, unfortunately it is a rather large effort due to the way we have architected the database. A shorter-term solution is on the way though. We are working on a mass-liquidate function, which will sell all of a specific class and rarity of items (example, all common necklaces). Expect to see this very soon.

Game Balance:

PvP: This is such a hot button with the community, and extremely difficult to objectively look at, but we want to take some steps here as well. You are probably aware that we nerf PvE damage in PvP. In typical Cinco-loco (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kQgEq_we8) style, my partner wants to conduct an experiment this weekend where all class-specific PvP nerfs are removed. This weekend will be a free-for-all, we look forward to seeing how it shakes out!

PvE: This is a little more quantifiable, and we’ll be taking a bit of time to run analytics on kills, deaths, , damage, mitigated and dealt, etc.

We’re also planning on making some changes that make it easier for Warriors to hold aggro. More on this as it develops.

Party System:

We’re making some loot changes that will increase gold and pot drops for full parties. More as this develops.

Scaling Elites:

We’re considering this. Our challenge is that we need to populate them with items that make it worthwhile. One of the systems we are talking about is a Boss Bounty system, that will randomly roll up a series of bosses to kill, with appropriate rewards. More on this as it develops.

Leaderboards:

We’re examining which of these work and which do not. We may remove some of them and attempt to better police the ones that tend to have controversial participants. More on this as it develops.

New Skills:

We’re going to table this for now until we get a better handle on Game Balance.

Bottom line is that we are committed to reinvigorating this game. Expect to see many things happening very quickly, starting with later this week. We really appreciate the open dialog we have with you and look forward to your thoughts on these things, as well as other things you would like to see.

Best,

- g

Saud
04-19-2016, 02:01 PM
first

YES YES YES YES YES!
thanks sts! it show us you really care about the game
all the changes seems absolutely awsome!
i really can't wait for the new changes!
and some of them in this weekend! whoooh!

Starting tomorrow we’ll put a set in the game that can be gained through a combination of crafting, boss drops, and chests. Future loot will also be obtainable via a variety of means.
Great! hope have good proc or stats

sell all of a specific class and rarity of items

does that include jewels?
its very good especially after ruuning KM3 or arena loot

my partner wants to conduct an experiment this weekend where all class-specific PvP nerfs are removed.
that mean mage can freeze player with frost?
R.I.P mages 1 aim shield down :P

i really like the new changes sts
Thanks for you hard work ! its good to hear our thought is happening
:*

Andrew Goddard
04-19-2016, 02:07 PM
Second thanks

braveachilles
04-19-2016, 02:08 PM
first

nice!!! thanks g!!

wangkj
04-19-2016, 02:12 PM
yayyayayay if these things are actually implemeted, maybe Al wont die after all :)

Eskaygee
04-19-2016, 02:13 PM
Wow.. It really sounds like you all are taking tons of time and effort to hear out and integrate some of our ideas into the game. Honestly cannot wait to see what a game changer some of these ideas will make for. Thanks for even giving the community an opportunity to speak out on our opinions and keep up the great work! :)

lucaskane2480
04-19-2016, 02:18 PM
Howdy folks!

We’ve had some great discussions (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?310995-State-of-the-Game-Summary-of-Two-Questions-thread) with you over the last couple of weeks about the state of the game, and I’m here to tell you about some of our conclusions and efforts that will be arising as a result. Special thanks to Carapace and STS-Vroom for helping me wrap my head around all of this.

Gear Progression:

The #1 request players have is more power. The challenge here is we need to progress power in a measured and predictable fashion. The main times we can release more powerful gear is around level cap raises. In the past we have released some extremely powerful items (Arcane Ring, Planar Pendent) as well as bumped items up in power without raising the level cap (Glintstone items over Halloween and Winter, for example). The problem here is that the best items in the game started to exceed a normal power curve. Our recent round of items have attempted to correct this and recover some headroom. This is why the latest Mythic and Arcane items have not felt as powerful. We feel that the curve has been restored to normality and we can start releasing more powerful items as the level cap raises again. You’ll start to see this with the release of Level 52-56 items coming up very soon.

Loot Distribution:

We’d like to inject a lot more loot into the system, and have it be available via a wide array of mechanisms, including farming, crafting, and chests. Starting tomorrow we’ll put a set in the game that can be gained through a combination of crafting, boss drops, and chests. Future loot will also be obtainable via a variety of means.

We’re making some changes to the loot tables that will allow bosses to drop Mythics and Arcanes. Previously they would only drop chests that may or may not contain these items. The rate of drop will be very low, but expect to see bosses dropping better items in the near future.

A large request is for less recolors, so we’re bringing back some of the old art team to help crank out more new and unique items for you. Expect to see this starting as soon as our next push later this week.

Inventory Management:

As the game has aged, the inventory system has been strained with more and more items. Stacking has been discussed many times, unfortunately it is a rather large effort due to the way we have architected the database. A shorter-term solution is on the way though. We are working on a mass-liquidate function, which will sell all of a specific class and rarity of items (example, all common necklaces). Expect to see this very soon.

Game Balance:

PvP: This is such a hot button with the community, and extremely difficult to objectively look at, but we want to take some steps here as well. You are probably aware that we nerf PvE damage in PvP. In typical Cinco-loco (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kQgEq_we8) style, my partner wants to conduct an experiment this weekend where all class-specific PvP nerfs are removed. This weekend will be a free-for-all, we look forward to seeing how it shakes out!

PvE: This is a little more quantifiable, and we’ll be taking a bit of time to run analytics on kills, deaths, , damage, mitigated and dealt, etc.

We’re also planning on making some changes that make it easier for Warriors to hold aggro. More on this as it develops.

Party System:

We’re making some loot changes that will increase gold and pot drops for full parties. More as this develops.

Scaling Elites:

We’re considering this. Our challenge is that we need to populate them with items that make it worthwhile. One of the systems we are talking about is a Boss Bounty system, that will randomly roll up a series of bosses to kill, with appropriate rewards. More on this as it develops.

Leaderboards:

We’re examining which of these work and which do not. We may remove some of them and attempt to better police the ones that tend to have controversial participants. More on this as it develops.

New Skills:

Bottom line is that we are committed to reinvigorating this game. Expect to see many things happening very quickly, starting with later this week. We really appreciate the open dialog we have with you and look forward to your thoughts on these things, as well as other things you would like to see.

Best,

- g

As in leaderboard, will the obvious botters be taken off?

Kakashis
04-19-2016, 02:19 PM
Thank you for taking our suggestions seriously and making the appropriate changes!

I actually really like the sound of a boss bounty!

Zeus
04-19-2016, 02:21 PM
Awesome, G! Does this mean that rogues will be getting their armor back?

Justg
04-19-2016, 02:24 PM

Not yet, we're going to run the PvP free-for-all and do some analysis. Vroom will be posting on it soon.

Zulgath
04-19-2016, 02:25 PM
awesome, g! Does this mean that rogues will be getting their armor back?
dmg too *.*

Faliziaga
04-19-2016, 02:27 PM
Thank you so much, that sounds awesome, I am very excited about the coming updates and pls give us complete and detailed update notes.

extrapayah
04-19-2016, 02:29 PM
quoted from a friend: 'looks promising', couldn't agree more :P

anyway, a stacked UI inventory is sadly something you have to done however hard it is, scrolling hundreds of similar items has taken its toll... and everytime you release a farming type event (like this eggs), players stress' will only accumulate...
and also a shared pet stable, without it, the stress and boredom of needing to level up your pets will only grow exponentially, except it is a part of your design/style to release (insignificant) pets only to stay at level 1,

Powerawesomer
04-19-2016, 02:33 PM
Hello, can you please also investigate titan's arcane ability? It is doing more damage than munch mouth's arcane ability.

eugene9707
04-19-2016, 02:34 PM
Regarding selling all item type& rarity....

Can we also add locks on items ? Since some people collect some "collector items", like heraldic (epic and rare), crier (crier), Vamp amulet (epic) etc, which can easily get deleted by accident with the new mass-delete system

you get to have ALL your damage back though .... (hides in corner)

Iisolah
wooah! awesome! thanks for listening to us :)

Justg
quoted from a friend: 'looks promising', couldn't agree more :P

anyway, a stacked UI inventory is sadly something you have to done however hard it is, scrolling hundreds of similar items has taken its toll... and everytime you release a farming type event (like this eggs), players stress' will only accumulate...
and also a shared pet stable, without it, the stress and boredom of needing to level up your pets will only grow exponentially, except it is a part of your design/style to release (insignificant) pets only to stay at level 1,

Won't the "Liquidate item of class" function alleviate some of this stress?

Niixed
04-19-2016, 02:36 PM

Yes, yes it will.

sinfuldito83
04-19-2016, 02:38 PM
Thank you STS for listening!!!!

extrapayah

for some cases only, i'm afraid... in the case of these arlor eggs, i don't want to liquidate those eggs, but most of the times, i need to transfer it, trade it, listing it to auction, and all of those needs scrolling several times, not only once or twice, but dozens. it's not liquidating...

saphirae
Finally :) :) :) :) :) :) Thank youuuuuuuuuu... i know i critise you many times but it was all for all good :) :) heheheh

nightmaresmoke
04-19-2016, 02:39 PM
Looks promising keep it up sts :) Long Live Spacetime Studios \(^_^)/

crudmudgeon
04-19-2016, 02:39 PM
Awesome. These changes are most welcome! Thx for the step toward less cluttered inventory

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

ilhanna
04-19-2016, 02:40 PM
Very prompt and promising. Looking forward to more details. Thank you so much.

intrepd
04-19-2016, 02:40 PM
Justg, does sts have a system that can track people kills? Like who they have killed to get their kdr inorder to follow and confirm that person is a dummy user or not?

Siraj
04-19-2016, 02:41 PM
Yea!! Very excited about that update

Aimsax
04-19-2016, 02:41 PM
Lol, hope to see everyone with sns now.

Gg sts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diimitrii
04-19-2016, 02:45 PM
Omfg , sts you got my love back for the full 100%. This shows how yu guys work on what we want and really conversate about it!! I hope to see a lot soon and keep up the good work!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T560 met Tapatalk

Hercules
04-19-2016, 02:45 PM
Nice and Perfect!

Zeus
04-19-2016, 02:47 PM
Not yet, we're going to run the PvP free-for-all and do some analysis. Vroom will be posting on it soon.

Okay, and by class specific PVP nerfs does this include the return of frost bolt freezing, clock rooting, etc etc?

Shobhit Chaturvedi
04-19-2016, 02:48 PM
Wooooooh! Those are some very exciting changes! Thank you STS. I hope this will bring life back to AL:applause:

Hercules
04-19-2016, 02:50 PM
I hope you guys have in mind to change PVP map design

Ticklish
04-19-2016, 02:50 PM
Hmm. Will you turn off PVP kill count for the free-for-all weekend?

Justg
04-19-2016, 02:52 PM
Okay, and by class specific PVP nerfs does this include the return of frost bolt freezing, clock rooting, etc etc?

Just the damage nerf is being removed for this weekend.

Justg
04-19-2016, 02:52 PM
I hope you guys have in mind to change PVP map design

We've got something we are trying to get in.

intrepd
04-19-2016, 02:54 PM
We've got something we are trying to get in.

Is it possible to track down people kills though? (No hate or anything I'm trying to confirm my own just by getting a proof from sts)

Squeezable
04-19-2016, 03:04 PM
For an easier approach to the 'mass liquidation' how about you cut drop rates of low rarity items (other than crafting items) by 75-90%? NOBODY uses them, all you're doing is making us do more work lol.

Also, great to see you're committing more effort to the game which pays the majority of your wages! Finally, new content. We appreciate it! :)

Truememories
04-19-2016, 03:07 PM
ROGUE RULES <3

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

Att
04-19-2016, 03:17 PM
Good updates

New - RK
04-19-2016, 03:21 PM
look promising.. love it :D

Serancha
04-19-2016, 03:25 PM
Sounds good, thank you.

Just a reminder, we don't need mythic / arcane items that are 100+ damage more than the legendaries of the same level. This trend has been proven a failure, both due to the stated effect on the power curve, and in being the cause of the large wealth gap we saw in seasons 6 and 7. If you use a more reasonable power difference between rarities, then you can spread the increase amongst all the new gear, rather than having weapons totally OP and armour + jewelry all lower stats than previous items.

Moderation is the key here. This would allow all players to at least be party-able, rather than making mythic and arcane mandatory to have anyone willing to run with you.

Niixed
04-19-2016, 03:26 PM
Loot Distribution:

I'm thrilled to hear that there will be a variety of mechanisms to obtain gear. It will keep things more interesting and spice up Arlorian life.

G, are any communications and guild improvements on the horizon? Guild functions are still rudimentary and we still don't have an inbox!

Jasper Golden
04-19-2016, 03:26 PM
Howdy folks!

Gear Progression:

Loot Distribution:

Inventory Management:

Game Balance:

Party System:

Scaling Elites:

Leaderboards:

New Skills:

Best,

-

Thanks u for trying to make the game better for us ty

wangkj
04-19-2016, 03:36 PM
Long live AL!!!!!!! Ty justg

thekragle
04-19-2016, 03:54 PM
G - I am more than satisfied with your plans moving forward, in fact I'm thrilled! Thank you for listening and creating the forum for us to vent and throw out our ideas. The changes you have planned will most definately help us stay happy.

erikdg
04-19-2016, 04:14 PM
Thx for listening to the community

Avaree
04-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Producer's letter woke me up! Thumbs up :)

What about the skill upgrade in shadow veil, "shadow absorption" the 15% damage buff doesn't work as intended. Will this be fixed ?

Thanks for listening to the community!

Zylx
04-19-2016, 04:43 PM
In my eyes, combat fluidity is the only issue with the gameplay. Seeing a release of new sound effects in combat opens up a slew of possibilities of revolutionizing combat fluidity, implementation of combos, stylish animations, and tactical skill. Sure you can release new gear and new maps. But at the end of the day, the gameplay is what keeps players playing.

After three years of playing, taking breaks, and playing again, i was under the impression that the ideal way to promote the game would be to release new things, yet my lack of interest has recently shown me that what the game actually needs is new gameplay. A person can only enthusiastically play a game for a certain amount of time before they have to push themselves to play. The gameplay grows dull and repetitive, despite the constant release of new items and maps.

I know im only one person, and my suggestion may be nullified by my retirement, but i know that there are several players out there that feel the same way. AL is a kid's game in my eyes. It lacks the "awe" that one would get from bigger mmos and its slow and foreseeable growth has given me the impression that the developer has also lost some interest in it.

AL has been a somewhat regretful part of my life. I wish i never played and i wish i never cared. But i do. I had fun when i first played, but i really dont like what it's become. I'm sorry for this pessimistic post gary, but this is how i feel towards the game. I loathe the thought of giving the game anymore chances in its current state.

As ive said before, the only saving grace for the game is something to revolutionize the gameplay. Something to refresh the game and make it seem like something new. Combat is the core of the game, and it has never seen anything new.

Mdy
04-19-2016, 04:56 PM
Hmm. Will you turn off PVP kill count for the free-for-all weekend?
I'd agree for this, more people will enjoy to test out the removal of specific nerf issues in PvP arena..i meant tbh to say it'd not be a sort of exploitation for any classes.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Justg
04-19-2016, 05:08 PM
I'd agree for this, more people will enjoy to test out the removal of specific nerf issues in PvP arena..i meant tbh to say it'd not be a sort of exploitation for any classes.

Cool, we'll turn off PvP kill and death counters for this.

Justg
04-19-2016, 05:10 PM
In my eyes, combat fluidity is the only issue with the gameplay. Seeing a release of new sound effects in combat opens up a slew of possibilities of revolutionizing combat fluidity, implementation of combos, stylish animations, and tactical skill. Sure you can release new gear and new maps. But at the end of the day, the gameplay is what keeps players playing.

After three years of playing, taking breaks, and playing again, i was under the impression that the ideal way to promote the game would be to release new things, yet my lack of interest has recently shown me that what the game actually needs is new gameplay. A person can only enthusiastically play a game for a certain amount of time before they have to push themselves to play. The gameplay grows dull and repetitive, despite the constant release of new items and maps.

I know im only one person, and my suggestion may be nullified by my retirement, but i know that there are several players out there that feel the same way. AL is a kid's game in my eyes. It lacks the "awe" that one would get from bigger mmos and its slow and foreseeable growth has given me the impression that the developer has also lost some interest in it.

AL has been a somewhat regretful part of my life. I wish i never played and i wish i never cared. But i do. I had fun when i first played, but i really dont like what it's become. I'm sorry for this pessimistic post gary, but this is how i feel towards the game. I loathe the thought of giving the game anymore chances in its current state.

As ive said before, the only saving grace for the game is something to revolutionize the gameplay. Something to refresh the game and make it seem like something new. Combat is the core of the game, and it has never seen anything new.

Respectfully, I disagree. Combat fluidity is not the major issue, the game's economy and loot distribution mechanisms are much wider-reaching problems. I get that you want your specific fixes, but we are going to address what we perceive to be the bigger issues first.

Justg
04-19-2016, 05:20 PM
So do you mean that rogues will get Their armor and damage back and not receive kills? How about other classes ?

We're exploring a larger game balance effort. The first step for this is removing the existing class-specific nerfs that we calculate behind the scenes in PvP. This does not mean we are undoing any other balance efforts (including the controversial Rogue armor and damage ones) at this point.

We're also temporarily turning off PvP Kill and Death counts so people can go at it and let us know how it goes.

Ticklish
04-19-2016, 05:25 PM
We're exploring a larger game balance effort. The first step for this is removing the existing class-specific nerfs that we calculate behind the scenes in PvP. This does not mean we are undoing any other balance efforts (including the controversial Rogue armor and damage ones) at this point.

We're also temporarily turning off PvP Kill and Death counts so people can go at it and let us know how it goes.

Hi, I think people are expecting more details which specific nerfs you are removing for the weekend. For rogues, does this mean they get back both damage and armor? Will mage clocks root people? Ice freeze? Thank you for turning off KDR for this period. It would be most fair to everyone.

Visiting
04-19-2016, 06:18 PM
As far as class specific nerfs being removed, does this apply to Frost Bolt, Traps, and other skills that don't fully work in PVP?

Asron9
04-19-2016, 06:21 PM
thaks a lot justG :)

Vixenne
04-19-2016, 06:31 PM
Very excited for the incoming and future updates :D Thank you!! :love_heart:

Zylx
04-19-2016, 07:05 PM
Respectfully, I disagree. Combat fluidity is not the major issue, the game's economy and loot distribution mechanisms are much wider-reaching problems. I get that you want your specific fixes, but we are going to address what we perceive to be the bigger issues first.
Respectfully, i disagree with that. Everyone ive talked to agrees with me. Sure, you can release new gear, you can change how things are looted, you can improve loot tables and give rewards, but the fun of the game isnt in getting things, its in the journey you take to get them.

People who dont farm for hours on end to get something aren't "lazy" as many players deem them as. They're just bored and dont have enough desire to do it. This is a game, not a full-time job. It shouldnt feel like work for people to keep up, but it does. AL's gameplay is too simple and has not changed in the past 3 and a half years, its like repeatedly going in and killing everything in Hyrule Castle in the original Legend of Zelda 5 hours a day for 3 years straight. How long would you last?

I do somewhat agree that there should always be something to look for and expand on. But gameplay should also always be refreshed with new and invigorating features every once in a while to keep the game playing new and keep the old players happy.

thekragle
04-19-2016, 07:33 PM
Respectfully, i disagree with that. Everyone ive talked to agrees with me. Sure, you can release new gear, you can change how things are looted, you can improve loot tables and give rewards, but the fun of the game isnt in getting things, its in the journey you take to get them.

People who dont farm for hours on end to get something aren't "lazy" as many players deem them as. They're just bored and dont have enough desire to do it. This is a game, not a full-time job. It shouldnt feel like work for people to keep up, but it does. AL's gameplay is too simple and has not changed in the past 3 and a half years, its like repeatedly going in and killing everything in Hyrule Castle in the original Legend of Zelda 5 hours a day for 3 years straight. How long would you last?

I do somewhat agree that there should always be something to look for and expand on. But gameplay should also always be refreshed with new and invigorating features every once in a while to keep the game playing new and keep the old players happy.

Um, no, everyone I know and the forums would agree that getting stuff and making money/gold so you can buy more stuff is the main thing, not the gameplay mechanics. Now sure, new storylines and options for in game play is always well recieved and desired but it is not the primary focus of this game for 90% of current players.

Zylx
04-19-2016, 07:41 PM
Um, no, everyone I know and the forums would agree that getting stuff and making money/gold so you can buy more stuff is the main thing, not the gameplay mechanics. Now sure, new storylines and options for in game play is always well recieved and desired but it is not the primary focus of this game for 90% of current players.
You cant speak on behalf of a whole community. Besides, you seem to have forgotten this is a game. Sure, go and get those things. Get as much gold as you can. How fun would the game be if you had everything? I'm eager to see how successful this game is a year from now

latoz
04-19-2016, 08:00 PM
Yay :) PVProgues dmage boooom!

capeo
04-19-2016, 08:29 PM
Thank you for listening to the players and taking the time to make changes. This has become my favorite game and I am excited it continues to improve. I spend real money on the game and the effort you have put into it is appreciated.

As a player I feal like the repetitive questions and negativity is embarrassing. They do not speak for me or most of my in game friends. You at least addressed all the major suggestions and it looks like you are working on the issues with the highest priority first. If inventory management is the only thing people can complain about you are doing a great job.

thekragle
04-19-2016, 09:27 PM

Thank you for listening to the players and taking the time to make changes. This has become my favorite game and I am excited it continues to improve. I spend real money on the game and the effort you have put into it is appreciated.

As a player I feal like the repetitive questions and negativity is embarrassing. They do not speak for me or most of my in game friends. You at least addressed all the major suggestions and it looks like you are working on the issues with the highest priority first. If inventory management is the only thing people can complain about you are doing a great job.

Well said. Sts is doing a great job and the proposed changes are fantastic!

tomsawer
04-19-2016, 10:31 PM

Nice to see some positive feedback for the steps s.t.s . takes to keep players happy.
I've played many many games,and have yet to see forums where devs and g.m. converse in forums to get advice from the players to make sure game play is desirable.

I personally spend money from time to time to support s.t.s. and to of course help myself.
Good job keep up the good work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ilhanna
04-19-2016, 11:56 PM
Having had more time to think about this list of proposed changes, I have the following things to say (added in bold):

I think this is a great idea. Some of the old vanities and armor set look classier than a few of the new ones; less flashy and without much in the way of particle effects, but with clean lines and tasteful color combos. I hope to see no more recolors of the Infectious set or the rogue pumpkin vanity armor with the thigh boots that make us look fat. Also, much less horns on the helms in future please. :)

Game Balance:

This is interesting especially since I believe tanking should be more about skills than gear, and warriors should not have to rely on the Aegis (or any piece of gear for that matter; I remember the Architect sword proc) for perfect, tight aggro control. I hope the tweaks will be made either on the skills side or in the way mobs/boss respond to taunt.

Party System:

This is interesting. But instead of pots, would it be possible to make it so that a 3-class party loot more or better than single class party? For example, a 3-class party can loot more Glintstone coins in the Underhuls than all-rogue/mage/warrior party. I understand you might be concerned about the economic impact of such a system. But pots isn't that attractive an incentive. Maybe it is on lower level maps, to help starting out players progress without worrying overmuch about pots. But at endgame level, I think there should be a slightly better reward for a full 3-class party.

I actually prefer it if a 3-class party makes for enemy HP/armor adjustment, or a party buff (for example random 5-10% crit/dmg/armor/speed on entering map with the party). This would help make runs go faster and safer, without potentially risking the economy. But is this feasible within the framework of AL programming?

Scaling Elites:

One of the systems we are talking about is a Boss Bounty system, that will randomly roll up a series of bosses to kill, with appropriate rewards. More on this as it develops.

This is very exciting news. However, if there is one thing I would like to see with the boss bounty system it's having it tied to an overarching storyline. Bosses have become mere numbers in our farming grind. Maybe add a backstory behind each bounty or reveal some hitherto unknown facet of the boss while the bounty is rewarded, to remind us why they are bad news and have to be exterminated. This isn't crucial, but it would make a nice addition. AL storyline has wandered down some very strange paths lately with disco dancing baddie, geenies and mecha-boss.

Everything looks great at this point. What's important now is the delivery. It would be nice to have a rough timetable on when certain development can be expected to take place.

I think you have a challenging time ahead of you. There will be skeptics and critics down the road and you have to work hard to reclaim the trust of the community and their faith in your ability to make the game fun and exciting again. But I think for the most part the criticism comes from love of this game from people who have poured so much into it and gained from it. So please continue this discussion as the development goes under way. I have been impressed with the prompt actions and responses made recently: investigating widespread disconnects, hotfixes and bug squashing etc. More of these, please, along with better responsiveness and transparency when we ask if certain things have been nerfed/buffed.

Thank you.

Jazzi
04-20-2016, 12:48 AM
Nice nice! Very fast and promising reaction to the recent grievances of the players.
Also I have to commend on the activity of JustG in this thread. This is something we have wished for for a long time. Please do keep it up :)

Oezheasate
04-20-2016, 01:08 AM
You cant speak on behalf of a whole community. Besides, you seem to have forgotten this is a game. Sure, go and get those things. Get as much gold as you can. How fun would the game be if you had everything? I'm eager to see how successful this game is a year from now

Farming new things is what we need, new loot tables enabling us to farm for our coveted items, id like to be able to farm anything to work towards that fort fury set. I dont need new storylines or any of what you mentioned before this is fixed. Your telling thekragle he cant speak for the whole community while you indirectly suggest that you yourself can, by saying all of your friends had the same opinion.

meidei
04-20-2016, 01:22 AM
such a beautifull word. thanks sts for looking to improve the game we love. thanks a lot.

Donquixoth
04-20-2016, 01:49 AM
Just an opinion

-Give a shield to other classes is unacceptable thing, this make a mage not special anymore. Mage speciality is AOE stun and have stun imunity through arcane shield, and now?

-Did u notice that rogue pack in low lvl OP? Rogue heal type is fill and regen and it will fill their health from 1% to 100% (with specific upgrade) no matter what. Different from mage or warrior that depend on Int or Str.

-Pet system, pet is everything right now. Theres Common-Arcane pet, one thing that I want to ask you, Why do you still releasing epic or legendary pet when the arcane pet is the most desirable?

-Weapon/Armor/Ring/Amulet etc., you released them in some type like potency,assault,brutality and etc., but what is the point for making that many type if peoples only like to use 1 the best type? example ancient druid helm of potency vs. ancient druid helm of security.

-The class speciality, for example: how the dagger user can shot arrows? that hilarious.

-The item price, to control the game economy. You should make the item fixed price in AUCTION

-CTF game isnt CTF like it was designed for, peoples only kill the others without try to scoring the flag.

-PvP gang XD, Well just take off that blue or red team, Make a pvp zone wider and make peoples kill each other (Solo play).

ilhanna
04-20-2016, 01:51 AM
My comments in bold below.

Respectfully, i disagree with that. Everyone ive talked to agrees with me.

There is always a danger in assuming that you speak on behalf of the majority.

Sure, you can release new gear, you can change how things are looted, you can improve loot tables and give rewards, but the fun of the game isnt in getting things, its in the journey you take to get them.

This I agree with. I've played for almost three years and the very best part of that time was in the beginning. The game held endless fascination then because there were a lot of new things to discover. I remember meeting a warrior on the Dragon Jewels, a total stranger, but we struck up a conversation on where to find the Elusive Four then went on to do a lot of (unfortunately fruitless) runs. I remember running Kraken Isles and Nordr nonstop for hours with a group of newfound friends, looking for elite Bael and Krunch, cracking jokes and looting lockeds. I remember farming for my own Malison without luck; yelling "Malison come to mama!" in desperation before every boss kill. I remember Kalizzaa showing me how elite Tarewa could be done in under 8 minutes at level 41 without parking. Those times when everything was new and fresh and you were learning as you go along, making discovery, were the best.

This is a game, not a full-time job. It shouldnt feel like work for people to keep up, but it does. AL's gameplay is too simple and has not changed in the past 3 and a half years, its like repeatedly going in and killing everything in Hyrule Castle in the original Legend of Zelda 5 hours a day for 3 years straight. How long would you last?

Again, here's why it's unwise to assume. People farm for a variety of reasons. They may have a goal in mind, a pet or a piece of gear that will allow them to be just a little bit more competitive. They may farm to fund guild events so their guildmates can have more fun in game. They may farm because they like to do it: mindlessly killing mobs after a stressful day at work can serve as an outlet, at least for me. They may do it to challenge themselves. So yeah it looks like you're doing the same thing over and over, but it's not really, because you have different motives every time.

As to gameplay, I've tried other RPG games. And yes some of their gameplays have more oomph, more sophisticated and dramatic. But they ultimately require me to grind too to get some progress. And I never have as much reason to do it there as I do in AL so in the end even the flashy gameplays couldn't make me go on. I'm not saying AL gameplay is perfect. Just that it's the least of my problem with this game.

The old players are the hardest to keep happy. Like I said earlier, the beginning is always the best and I think, speaking for myself, we would always be comparing the present with that honeymoon period and find the present wanting. It takes more to make me enjoy the game now than it did back in 2013. But I have to agree with Justg on this point, gameplay isn't the most pernicious problem now. For me now it's the lack of goal to aim for, lack of perceived progress, and the repetitiveness of events and items.

...you seem to have forgotten this is a game. Sure, go and get those things. Get as much gold as you can. How fun would the game be if you had everything?

Just to illustrate a point.

One of my obsessions at cap 41 was elite egg cracking achievement and the title The Great Defiler that comes with it. I had no mythic weapon. No arcane pet. But I lusted after that achievement so badly I would do anything to get it. But I wasn't rich; I've never been rich in the almost three years I've been in game. I think the most money I've had was a little over 5 million and then I used it to fund guild events. And I'm never a big time locked popper.

So... The elite egg cracking. Try 1: fail. I went on to try get my level 36 mythic set and legendary bow perfect. Try 2: fail. I scraped together enough money to buy Gyrm and Shadowlurk and went on to cap them. Try 3: fail. I farmed hard so I could buy myself an archon ring, because the arcane ring was way beyond my means. Meanwhile my guildmates were working on improving their gear as well and they farmed even harder than me. Try 4. We packed our dmg lix and ankhs (that had taken some farming to acquire as well) and went to elite Wilds. And this time we made it.

This is the biggest reason I've stayed despite everything. A goal to score and friends to get me there.

I'm eager to see how successful this game is a year from now

So am I.

tl;dr I know. And believe me I'm not above taking STS to pieces over decisions I think are detrimental to the game. But this time, they have my support on this list of changes and I hope they do deliver.

Fredystern
04-20-2016, 01:52 AM
New reason to play AL

Kaziscate
04-20-2016, 02:23 AM
Dear Spacetime,
I'm really glad that there is innovation being put back into the game! Something I would like to see stat-wise is to see some more of the untouched stats be incorperated into the future gear without altering the power curve. We sure need some more gear that can provide unique things like health/mana regen,bonus damage,and maybe see gear that provides movement speed.One more thing about armor: bring back the lesser used things from armor like the versatility armor. I only seen em used for Tarlok and Hellish armor and I want to see more of the "Versatility" armor. Also another thing that want to see is the "invisible" stats not be so invisible anymore. I want to know exactly what my health and mana regen are since it never is really specified nor displayed and can cause some confusion. Also maybe a movement speed stat display would be nice too :). I can't wait for the mass-liquidation as well because it litterally takes me 5 minutes just to clear my 500-slot inventory. Speaking of slots,any news on upgrading crafting slots? My oppinion for PvE is to make it so that when normal mobs crit,they don't one hit players as often so maybe reduce the crit multiplier on normal enemies so that their crits are more survivable rather than be cheap luck for death. Anyways I am really looking forward to the changes that will be distributed as the week progresses.

With all positivity, happiness,the hope of sunshines,lolipops,rainbows,magic,potatoes,chocola te milk, Doritos,Mountain Dew,and everything else that is MLG,and the best of luck,
Kaziscate A.K.A Potatomilk the Potato God

hastlin
04-20-2016, 03:19 AM
Niceeeee!!!

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk

Zylx
04-20-2016, 05:59 AM
Your telling thekragle he cant speak for the whole community while you indirectly suggest that you yourself can, by saying all of your friends had the same opinion.

If you'd have actually read the comments, i said "everyone ive talked to" which refers to everyone i associate with, and he says "everyone on forums" which is speaking for a whole community. Last i checked, im on the forums, yet i disagree.

Besides, people are too brainwashed to know any different than what's actually going on. Sure, let new gear be released, but how is that any different from when planar stuff was released? Participation in this game is very poor, because the primitive gameplay outlives anything new, and i refuse to sacrifice my sanity to play the same game for more than 3 years simply to obtain the new gear and still be completely bored.

Jiinzou
04-20-2016, 06:36 AM
Actually, almost all mmorpgs tend to be repetitive. Some people dont mind it and just enjoy running with friends,expecially with the afrorementioned upcoming changes. Is just a matter of tastes..

TheClaaaaaaaw
04-20-2016, 07:51 AM
It's moments like this that remind me why AL is the only mobile game that I've been playing for several years now. This list sounds very exciting and it's great to see that some of those changes are actually in the very near future.

Thank you for all your efforts, I'm very hopeful and can't wait to see where we'll end up with all of this!

thekragle
04-20-2016, 08:57 AM

If you'd have actually read the comments, i said "everyone ive talked to" which refers to everyone i associate with, and he says "everyone on forums" which is speaking for a whole community. Last i checked, im on the forums, yet i disagree.

Besides, people are too brainwashed to know any different than what's actually going on. Sure, let new gear be released, but how is that any different from when planar stuff was released? Participation in this game is very poor, because the primitive gameplay outlives anything new, and i refuse to sacrifice my sanity to play the same game for more than 3 years simply to obtain the new gear and still be completely bored.

I didnt mean to sound like I speak for the community, I said MOST topics and comments on the forums and my friends who play seem to want the changes justG is implementing as the first and foremost changes. This game is by no means boring! Sts for the win!

Dragoonclaws
04-20-2016, 09:00 AM
Gary, I have this feeling like coming to the HQ with like 20 boxes of pizza, 2 gallons of soda, 3-4 giant cakes and confettis and trumpets and drums just to show how much I am happy about all this xD

If this is going to happen, heil yeah!!!!!!

BECAUSE I'M LOCO!

Do I really need to sign this?
* ´ ¨ )
.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Dragnab

Asron9
04-20-2016, 09:15 AM
Gary, I have this feeling like coming to the HQ with like 20 boxes of pizza, 2 gallons of soda, 3-4 giant cakes and confettis and trumpets and drums just to show how much I am happy about all this xD

If this is going to happen, heil yeah!!!!!!

BECAUSE I'M LOCO!

Do I really need to sign this?
* ´ ¨ )
.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Dragnab
can't wait also yeah :)))

Eatt
04-20-2016, 09:38 AM
+1 Don't accidentally remove pet resummon ROFL

Edward Coug
04-20-2016, 10:27 AM

All of the changes being made were brought up by the community. I don't know how you can be discouraged by the new community-oriented direction sts is taking. It seems to me that you, a player on his third "retirement," are trying to burn bridges because you are incapable of moving on from the game on your own. At some point, you just have to let it go, man.

nathan2693
04-20-2016, 11:09 AM
Hmm i think u should add some pet rewards to those "kill 500 elite bosses or 5000 elite mobs" to add some herbs and spice on it. Implementing this will add interest and attraction to us players. Add some aroma of coffee on it as well.

nathan2693
04-20-2016, 11:33 AM
And uhmmm... Also, can u pls add some proc to lvl 52-55 legendary weapons that u will release soon? Ty

Justg
04-20-2016, 11:50 AM
Thanks for all the feedback! I've cleaned up some of the less-productive PvP comments in here. Here is a preview from this afternoon's community message with more specifics about our plan here:

Previously we have had a behind-the-scenes set of damage modifiers where we increased warrior damage and decreased rogue damage. We are removing these modifiers. Warriors may feel less powerful, Rogues will definitely feel more powerful in PvP. Knock yourselves out in PvP matches and let us know how you like these new more dangerous conditions. We’ve removed the PvP kill and death count stats for now while we work on balance. We're adding in a lot of under-the-hood tracking so we can look at actual numerical data. We're committed to getting this thing balanced, so get out there and get bloody!

Niixed
04-20-2016, 12:08 PM
Sounds really fun. I think it's an awesome move, ty.

intrepd
04-20-2016, 12:17 PM
Thanks for all the feedback! I've cleaned up some of the less-productive PvP comments in here. Here is a preview from this afternoon's community message with more specifics about our plan here:

Previously we have had a behind-the-scenes set of damage modifiers where we increased warrior damage and decreased rogue damage. We are removing these modifiers. Warriors may feel less powerful, Rogues will definitely feel more powerful in PvP. Knock yourselves out in PvP matches and let us know how you like these new more dangerous conditions. We’ve removed the PvP kill and death count stats for now while we work on balance. We're adding in a lot of under-the-hood tracking so we can look at actual numerical data. We're committed to getting this thing balanced, so get out there and get bloody!

G-is the new set coming tonight?

Java
04-20-2016, 01:06 PM
Hmm i think u should add some pet rewards to those "kill 500 elite bosses or 5000 elite mobs" to add some herbs and spice on it. Implementing this will add interest and attraction to us players. Add some aroma of coffee on it as well.
I like what I'm hearing here.

Varitamagica
04-20-2016, 01:07 PM
Loot Distribution:

Will it be for today?

intizamfamily888
04-20-2016, 01:13 PM
JustG i don't know if this was mentioned before, but i had this idea: Design a new arena for pvp with max. 8 Players playing Free-for-all. I would love to see this and i can guarantee that this will be bloody and fun:-)

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Justg
04-20-2016, 01:27 PM
G-is the new set coming tonight?

Tomorrow (sorry was wrong in my post yesterday). More info later today!

Gouiwaa9000
04-20-2016, 01:27 PM
Omfggg.... I was about to quit XD never mind getting back into it head first , going back to lvling XD

Elgrablyx
04-20-2016, 01:35 PM
G , what about the platinum tier banner that was promised in remiem post? It won't be given anymore?

Justg
04-20-2016, 01:43 PM
G , what about the platinum tier banner that was promised in remiem post? It won't be given anymore?

Link please?

Elgrablyx
04-20-2016, 01:53 PM
Link please?

And, finally, at the coveted Platinum tier, all contributing players will receive the Commemorative Glintstone Arms Banner

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=149367&d=1458842259

Here says that all players who contribuit would get the banner , but acctually no one got it , I just want to know if that was only given to leaderboard or it was removed from the plans?

Justg
04-20-2016, 02:00 PM
And, finally, at the coveted Platinum tier, all contributing players will receive the Commemorative Glintstone Arms Banner

Here says that all players who contribuit would get the banner , but acctually no one got it , I just want to know if that was only given to leaderboard or it was removed from the plans?

Ah, thanks. We never reached the Platinum Tier during the unlock event.

Luciano Lobo
04-20-2016, 02:13 PM
Full damage % multiplier for rogues again is funny.

xmami
04-20-2016, 06:18 PM
Can I suggest for us to be able to leave a message for someone who's offline(like a mailbox)? or do you think that system would be abused? It would be a neat addition though.

Hercules
04-20-2016, 10:45 PM
Omg Rogues will be insane and queens haha RIP Mages and warrs.

G, what if in new map PVP you add a Boss Crab with some abilities.

Energizeric
04-20-2016, 11:28 PM
Hey Gary,

Nice to see such a comprehensive look at the game. Due to being busy in real life, I've not been nearly as active on these forums as I was during the first 2 years of Arcane Legends. I guess it is now the turn of other players to help with the suggestions and ideas, and it seems like there are many good ideas to go around. :)

I just wanted to share one thought.... I was reading your first post here in this thread, and something occurred to me. You mention the possibility of scaling the older elite dungeons. Please keep in mind that recently there were a ton of elite dungeon achievements added to the game, and many of us have not yet completed them. If you were to go ahead and scale older elite dungeons to higher level, thus making them much more difficult, you would essentially end up doing what was previously done with Flag Achievements. You would be cutting off players who had not completed these achievements and making it almost impossible for them to ever catch the top players on the leaderboards -- something else you mentioned you wanted to address in your post.

As for everything else mentioned, I give a big thumbs up! :encouragement:

Serancha
04-21-2016, 01:20 AM
Hey Gary,

Nice to see such a comprehensive look at the game. Due to being busy in real life, I've not been nearly as active on these forums as I was during the first 2 years of Arcane Legends. I guess it is now the turn of other players to help with the suggestions and ideas, and it seems like there are many good ideas to go around. :)

I just wanted to share one thought.... I was reading your first post here in this thread, and something occurred to me. You mention the possibility of scaling the older elite dungeons. Please keep in mind that recently there were a ton of elite dungeon achievements added to the game, and many of us have not yet completed them. If you were to go ahead and scale older elite dungeons to higher level, thus making them much more difficult, you would essentially end up doing what was previously done with Flag Achievements. You would be cutting off players who had not completed these achievements and making it almost impossible for them to ever catch the top players on the leaderboards -- something else you mentioned you wanted to address in your post.

As for everything else mentioned, I give a big thumbs up! :encouragement:

Right now, to get those ap's you need to spend weeks running for no loot. If the elites are scaled with worthwhile loot, those ap's will come naturally and not feel like wasting time grinding for nothing. Sure they'll take longer but they will have additional benefits.

I agree that the flag ap situation was a huge mistake and has permanently screwed up both the flag and top player leaderboards (not to mention many people also got those flag ap's using an exploit that was later fixed). However, I don't think this would be a disaster of that magnitude, as getting those elite ap's would still be very possible, unlike flags which are not unless you plan to take 10 years to do them.

Another option would be to scale the requirements down somewhat to compensate for the additional difficulty.

Reniennn
04-21-2016, 02:06 AM
So... There will be new Gear that will Overpower arcane ring and planar pendant?

Energizeric
04-21-2016, 02:13 AM
Another option would be to scale the requirements down somewhat to compensate for the additional difficulty.

That's not a bad idea. :)

Reniennn
04-21-2016, 02:32 AM
When will be the Goblin Event?

Luciano Lobo
04-21-2016, 01:34 PM
I don't know if is to much to have a monthly calendar of the events? I would be great.

Avaree
04-21-2016, 01:46 PM
I don't know if is to much to have a monthly calendar of the events? I would be great.

It would create spoiler alerts...improper price gouging..its fun to have weekly updates about what the next event(s) will be. :)

Trenton
04-22-2016, 03:32 PM
I honestly feel that you're making Arcane Legends out to be much bigger of a game than it actually is. In a large scale MMO that is built for PC, I would be rooting for the exact same thing as what you'd like. I feel that AL's combat system is honestly fine the way it is, there's bigger problems to be solved. The PvP system, the gear and the economy is what I've seen people complain about, I believe you're the only one who has said anything about the combat system. I'm not saying your opinion is meaningless, I'm just saying that if they can fix a few problems that keep, for example, 1,000 customers playing the game, rather than spending a lot of time to keep 100 customers playing the game, they're going to do what's best for their sake and their customer's sake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

VJ Ramirez
04-26-2016, 04:30 AM
Yes this is good

onetuffcookie
05-02-2016, 05:50 AM
be able to switch pets between characters on same account would be amazing one of biggest problems is I can't afford to buy pets agian for each my characters I would be willing to lvl him up from lvl 1 agian if I could just use them between my characters

Billy1
05-02-2016, 08:15 PM
great job guys

craylax
05-07-2016, 06:07 PM
nice sts :)))

Eagle Eye229
05-17-2016, 05:27 AM
No order of importance:

Equip variety(make drops vary slightly in stats/sockets.)

Skills (War-thorns, Rogue-parry buff, Mage-shockwave (blind) just ideas)

Three class combos

Current Global game list

New socketables (require xp (or alike) to power up.) Favorite* socket able that adds 1 all skills (not to pass 5?only one equip at a time)

Pet gear?Maybe a saddle? :)

Stashable potions

Vote to kick option (vote, not host).

Consecutive Daily login bonus (potions ect)

Elixir for hp/mp regeneration

Other than that I like where ever thing is going.gj sts.

I am concerned about 100% dodge though,any feedback on that devs?

Good day all.

cheifpiece
05-26-2016, 11:23 AM
I'm very excited for what is to come

DaPadrino
05-26-2016, 03:05 PM
if you guys are going to make changes to the game you must think about new players. I began to play this game like 3 weeks ago the 2 first days was very easy to farm items for my lvl and didnt have to buy much things from the auction but after that u updated and i was unable to trade also it was very hard to get good items for my lvl while old players had it easier, thats not a fair and good thing to do with new players old players get things easier and get rich but new players stay poor pls think about what you are going to do if u are going to add something for top lvls also add stuff for new players.

Jamila
05-27-2016, 11:24 PM
Niceeeeee

Cya
Jamila~

Crazgamer
05-31-2016, 03:28 PM
YES! The original colors are back! It had me bugged for a while! Thank You! :emmersed:

Crazgamer
05-31-2016, 03:31 PM
Thank you! Yes!

latoz
06-01-2016, 11:58 AM
Ayaya wooooo :)

Zeusxodin
06-01-2016, 12:07 PM
i am so proud of sts they care of us

abeseorac
06-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Cool.... looking forward