PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboards Reset?

octavos
07-19-2011, 04:43 PM
I heard about this is this true, and why?is there gonna be compensation for the users currently on leader boards?

Physiologic
07-19-2011, 04:45 PM
This game is in Beta, which means its in the testing phase of a product cycle. STS is free to remove any or all user data during or after this testing phase, regardless of whether or not they said data would be kept (since this was just a statement, not a legal promise, and are subject to change). Why would there be compensation?

octavos
07-19-2011, 04:52 PM
I understand, this program is in beta. Why didn't they state that during the initial beta phase. I heard nothing about it, there was no mention of it and members have spent lots of platinum to stay on the leader boards. It should have been a promise since select few were able to join in the beta. I understand products and there cycle, and if a customer is using a product they know to expect, why do they change the terms of service with no notification.

This statement has value because it has been discussed and agreed upon.

Silentarrow
07-19-2011, 04:56 PM
I believe it is true....

Thanks, matey.

Back to the issue: Star Legends leaderboards will be wiped for launch.

octavos
07-19-2011, 04:58 PM
Like I said, there should be compensation. My fellow guild mate have achieved this through honestly killing with no buffs. there is no countermeasures to prevent the honest players from the bad ones. For Me(Ghost) I have used buffs, but my goal was not leader boards but helping new beta players.

Physiologic
07-19-2011, 05:03 PM
All I can say is shrug - those few that chose to try to stay on the Leaderboards during such an unstable, critical time of a product made that decision themselves. I've been through other games during beta phase before and developers constantly altered things around or removed things completely without notification. And I don't see any information about beta users being able to keep their data in the ToS?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/termsofservice.php

Disclaimer of Warranties. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR USE OF THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS (INCLUDING ANY DOWNLOADS OR ANY LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM YOU EXPERIENCE FROM USING SPACETIME APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES) IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS AND ALL INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND OTHER CONTENT (INCLUDING THIRD PARTY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND CONTENT INCLUDED IN OR ACCESSIBLE FROM THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" "WHERE-IS" AND "WHERE AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SPACETIME MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE. NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, CAN MODIFY THE TERMS OF THE DISCLAIMER SET FORTH IN THIS DOCUMENT. YOUR USE AND BROWSING OF THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS OR WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE ACCESSING AND USING THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SPACETIME DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS) AS TO THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND OTHER CONTENT (INCLUDING THIRD PARTY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND CONTENT) INCLUDED IN OR ACCESSIBLE FROM THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES.

ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND THIRD PARTY SERVICES ON THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS, OR OBTAINED FROM A WEBSITE TO WHICH THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS ARE LINKED ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY OR ACCURACY. SPACETIME DOES NOT ENDORSE AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MERCHANTABLITY OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ACCESSED FROM THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS OR A LINKED SITE. OTHER THAN AS REQUIRED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL SPACETIME BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS OR A LINKED SITE, OR YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED FROM THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS OR A LINKED SITE.

Am I the only one that actually reads these things before I use it :p

Conradin
07-19-2011, 05:07 PM
I believe they should be wiped. Your compemsatio was the fact you got to play before the rest of us. As for what you meant with buff (elixirs?) they are not cheap as 100% of players can use them. If i know Sts they will probably give a little vanity item for being a beta tester. As for a reward for LB, it does not take skill to get on them, ony time.

ThisGuy0502
07-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Aw man if they remove it that going to suck :( i worked hard to get on the leader boards :'(

octavos
07-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Well, I see your proof, I see your logic, what I dont see is the implamantation earlier if this was a problem in PL. Im probably going to be the first to argue about this and disagree, but I wont be the last.

I don't mean any fowl, disrespectful to you Physiologic. I thank you for your responses. and help with this issue.

Fncrazy
07-19-2011, 05:25 PM
I think its gonna be funny as hell if they reset them. I got my guy to 20, reported problems, and then I just played for fun. Its says beta right on the start up screen. What did u expect?

octavos
07-19-2011, 05:29 PM
I didn't expect anything maybe no leader boards if this was going to be an issue, but new players that are young and cant comprehend the terms of service is what im upset about. Im ok with all the changes, modifications, anything they feel like doing. But others are not like me.

They dont want change, and if a change is made it echos.

Epic Unicorns!
07-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Will they erase our characters and everything we have? Or just the leaderboards?

Physiologic
07-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Well, I see your proof, I see your logic, what I dont see is the implamantation earlier if this was a problem in PL. Im probably going to be the first to argue about this and disagree, but I wont be the last.

I don't mean any fowl, disrespectful to you Physiologic. I thank you for your responses. and help with this issue.

I didn't get that impression from you so no worries man. We're just discussing stuff that's all even if we don't agree :p I think it only became an issue with the topic created in the Bugs & Feedback forum, so STS didn't really see it coming in the first place.

judgementbow
07-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Will they erase our characters and everything we have? Or just the leaderboards?

Would love to hear the answer to that. If they are wiping the leaderboards then they must want a level playing field once the beta is over. That would mean wiping characters as well.

Conradin
07-19-2011, 05:45 PM
No its a soft beta- only kills and LB.

Breadkeeper
07-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Like i just told a guy in game, be lucky you will still have your character and not have to start from scratch, then that would be a kicker for all plat spenders. But LB's your crazy if you think they would not of been wiped.

Epic Unicorns!
07-19-2011, 05:51 PM
No its a soft beta- only kills and LB.

Im praying this is only what happens :O I have like four characters

ratava
07-19-2011, 05:52 PM
I didn't expect anything maybe no leader boards if this was going to be an issue, but new players that are young and cant comprehend the terms of service is what im upset about. Im ok with all the changes, modifications, anything they feel like doing. But others are not like me.

They dont want change, and if a change is made it echos.

Who are these others you speak of? RE: Wiping leaderboards in beta: Monthy Python and the Life of Brian:

Oh, what I wouldn't give to be spat at in the face. I sometimes hang awake at night dreaming of being spat at in the face.

mike1298
07-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Should keep all as they said we would keep our beta progress when the game releases out if beta.....

ratava
07-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Should keep all as they said we would keep our beta progress when the game releases out if beta.....

quote or it did not happen?! ;)

Epic Unicorns!
07-19-2011, 06:12 PM
I wish one of the devs would come clarify.

Breadkeeper
07-19-2011, 06:17 PM
"Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles Hi Matthew. Yes, leaderboards will be reset when Star Legends goes out of beta and fully launches."

Quote /Unquote

Posted 2 hours ago on Facebook.

bronislav84
07-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Will they erase our characters and everything we have? Or just the leaderboards?In the announcement about the start of beta, Sam said specifically that there will be no character wipes.

octavos
07-19-2011, 06:45 PM
My fellow guild mates will be effected.I was on leader boards early on. But that dont bother me, but it effects them and that in turn effects me.

Lowlyspy
07-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Really? Its just a game, which sts owns, they made no legal promises that we would be able to keep anything from the beta. Be thankful that they are only wiping the LB's and our kill counts (could this mean deaths wiped too?). I personally agree with the LB wipe because then once the game launches those that werent in beta and want to be on the LB will be on a level playing field with those that were in beta, makes perfect sense.

simple rebuttle to everyone complaining: life isnt fair, get over it.

bronislav84
07-19-2011, 07:00 PM
My fellow guild mates will be effected.I was on leader boards early on. But that dont bother me, but it effects them and that in turn effects me.I was close to the leaderboards and I'm a member of his awesome guild, guys. At least two of our members where on the leaderboards. Lots of people from Gears of War were rankers as well.

They better wipe the deaths too. It's only fair. Well, if they don't then there will be time to complain about that later.

CrimsonTider
07-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Sooooooooooooooooooo... :)

Does that mean all stats are reset to 0 (kills/deaths) or just LB? Just curious. Would be rather comical to see a few 21's (like myself) running around with no kills. hehe

Ellyidol
07-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Sooooooooooooooooooo... :)

Does that mean all stats are reset to 0 (kills/deaths) or just LB? Just curious. Would be rather comical to see a few 21's (like myself) running around with no kills. hehe

I don't know how they're going to wipe LB without wiping kills/deaths. Won't getting one more kill/death just put you back up or off the LB once it's reset?

Phoenixking
07-19-2011, 07:13 PM
I don't know how they're going to wipe LB without wiping kills/deaths. Won't getting one more kill/death just put you back up or off the LB once it's reset? It be funny lmao awsome gear and everything and low levels might have more kills then high levels lol that be so funny

judgementbow
07-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Really? Its just a game, which sts owns, they made no legal promises that we would be able to keep anything from the beta. Be thankful that they are only wiping the LB's and our kill counts (could this mean deaths wiped too?). I personally agree with the LB wipe because then once the game launches those that werent in beta and want to be on the LB will be on a level playing field with those that were in beta, makes perfect sense.

simple rebuttle to everyone complaining: life isnt fair, get over it.

There's no way that non beta players will be on a level playing field once the full version is released. New players are starting at level 1 and will have to adjust to SL. Most beta players will be at 20-21 farming pinks and racking up kills very easily.

Flowman
07-19-2011, 07:19 PM
I was close to the leaderboards and I'm a member of his awesome guild, guys. At least two of our members where on the leaderboards. Lots of people from Gears of War were rankers as well.

Haha whats funny about this is we've already made fun of the guys we have on the leaderboards cause now it doesn't matter. Guess different people react different ways to different things.

Kraze
07-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Huh never realized this many people cared about leaderboards

CrimsonTider
07-19-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't know how they're going to wipe LB without wiping kills/deaths. Won't getting one more kill/death just put you back up or off the LB once it's reset?

Sorry... been mowing all day and have drain bamage from the sun. :) I honestly don't care, just thought this would be funny. Ok, Crim not thinking straight so no more posts for me tonight!

Slush
07-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Would've have been nice to tell us BEFORE people started to farm kills... 10k kills for nothing, sigh...

Kraze
07-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Would've have been nice to tell us BEFORE people started to farm kills... 10k kills for nothing, sigh...
I could be mistaken but I could've sworn I read somewhere that some information may get wiped out but hopefully not a full clear. But hey you got a jump on where to farm your kills down already

AOmonsta
07-19-2011, 09:46 PM

Consider it practice.

Acyer
07-20-2011, 05:48 AM
My fellow guild mates will be effected.I was on leader boards early on. But that dont bother me, but it effects them and that in turn effects me.
hmm well as a officer of gears of war and top commando in kills I accept thin knowing I was in beta. GOW pretty much have a lot of members on the leaderboards anyways. We as a guild accept what sts is doing as it gives ios players a chance. But we should stop complaining and if your good enough you can make it back on the boards again.

davidis57
07-20-2011, 06:39 AM
If you turned off XP gain to farm kills no matter what your intention was you should not have received any kills. In a way this is like exploiting taking advantage of a flaw in the game for personal gain. Using this method to get on the leaderboards is actually like cheating. I know some of you may not like this but that is the way I see it. I am not here to condemn or flame anyone but this is how view it. STS has everyright to do with the player data as they see fit.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20

Acyer
07-20-2011, 06:55 AM
If you turned off XP gain to farm kills no matter what your intention was you should not have received any kills. In a way this is like exploiting taking advantage of a flaw in the game for personal gain. Using this method to get on the leaderboards is actually like cheating. I know some of you may not like this but that is the way I see it. I am not here to condemn or flame anyone but this is how view it. STS has everyright to do with the player data as they see fit.

Ok yeah have you ever reached a lvl cap? If not lemme explain you get no more exp. So all this about turning exp off is nonsense. But yeah if by what you mean I reached lvl cap and don't receive exp when I make a kill by all means I'm guilty. Basically everyone saying "if you have high kills you turned exp off and just exploiting".

I earned my kills by helping others lvl and myself lvl no noob lvl farming. All my kills was earned in delta 7 dead mans cave while leveling and farming credits and pots. Anyways point is what I'm trying to say dont judge players unless you know without a doubt.

Lesrider
07-20-2011, 07:46 AM

Huh? How does your spot on the leaderboards affect your guild? Please enlighten me, as comments like these are making me less and less eager to play this game.

StompArtist
07-20-2011, 07:48 AM
This just made me think of a possible option. There could be extra leader boards like "daily best" - "weekly best" - "Monthly best" and so forth...

Acyer
07-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Huh? How does your spot on the leaderboards affect your guild? Please enlighten me, as comments like these are making me less and less eager to play this game.
Sounds to me they are using the leader boards to recruit. Which is stupid imo. We as in Gears of War was labled fast as "soloers" and we never helped as are games were always locked for guild members only. We recruited players by attitude and how they played as a team.

davidis57
07-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Ok yeah have you ever reached a lvl cap? If not lemme explain you get no more exp. So all this about turning exp off is nonsense. But yeah if by what you mean I reached lvl cap and don't receive exp when I make a kill by all means I'm guilty. Basically everyone saying "if you have high kills you turned exp off and just exploiting".

I earned my kills by helping others lvl and myself lvl no noob lvl farming. All my kills was earned in delta 7 dead mans cave while leveling and farming credits and pots. Anyways point is what I'm trying to say dont judge players unless you know without a doubt.

If you read my first statement which you misquoted I said if you turned off XP gain to farm kills. I am not pointing fingers I was only stating what some were doing.

Register
07-20-2011, 03:57 PM
This thread entertained me for a bit....

haha can somebody tell me who is number one on the leaderboard for pve kills at the moment and how many kills they have? If its a GOW member, can another GOW member tell me how that effects the guild? What would happen if somebody knocked em down? im just interested ^^

Lucilulu
07-20-2011, 04:06 PM
There are several reasons a reset is not fair and IMO not the right move. First, STS allowed the purchase of Plat and elixirs in the beta, so they did not treat the beta solely as a test product. Second, by reseting the leader boards you are actually giving the non-betas an unfair advantage since all beta players would have leveled with no kills and may have already spent plat. BETA players would not be able to gain kills at the lower levels and may not have the opportunity to use elixirs because they may have been used on worthless kills that are now wiped. If STS is going to do a reset, they at the very least, should rebate all credits and plat spent on elixirs during the beta (minus xp elixirs) , allowing beta players to use there plat and credits on what they are calling the real game. I believe a better option would be, over the next few months (after that i believe it would smooth out anyway, and the need would diminish), list two leader boards, one for all those in the beta and one for non beta players, or put an asterisk on beta players and list the top 5 of each. Allow all beta players to keep there kills and be done with it (here's an even crazier idea, leave it alone, in a few months it wont matter, with time, non-beta players will catch up and there wont be any difference anyway, all non betas would be losing is time, BETAs would be losing real money under the plan currently being proposed). IMO simply wiping and resetting everyone is not a fair or very well thought out solution, and one that needs to be revisited. I have faith the DEVs will do the right thing and figure something out, people smart enough to come up with something as amazing as SL can surely figure something as easy as this out :confused:

Dopeydaddy - LVL 21 OP
LUCILULU - LVL 21 COM
TATERTOTER LVL 20 ENG

Register
07-20-2011, 04:16 PM
(here's an even crazier idea, leave it alone, in a few months it wont matter, with time, non-beta players will catch up and there wont be any difference anyway, all non betas would be losing is time, BETAs would be losing real money under the plan currently being proposed). IMO simply wiping and resetting everyone is not a fair or very well thought out solution, and one that needs to be revisited. I have faith the DEVs will do the right thing and figure something out, people smart enough to come up with something as amazing as SL can surely figure something as easy as this out :confused:

Dopeydaddy - LVL 21 OP
LUCILULU - LVL 21 COM
TATERTOTER LVL 20 ENG

If it will smooth out if no wipe happens, there is no reason that a wipe wouldnt smooth out as well. And did YOU purchase damage lixers for the purpose of kills? I think the refund thing is a good idea but what if people buy damage pots for xp? Comepletely realistic ya know. faster kills=faster xp. 2x exp isnt as helpful unless its a combo or a super strong char. People who purchased elixers in the beta FOR THE PURPOSE OF KILLS to get onto the LB should know the risk that is IS a beta and that there is a possiblity of things that mess up their progress.

And I hope that the devs make a good decision on what to do. IT doent matter to me what happens to the LB much. I actually kinda hoping that the LB isnt wiped for the reason of a good goal for me to aim for. I want it wiped so that us beta players have a fairer chance of getting to the LB. The devs were smart enough (though i feel they had to dumb down) to create an amazing game (if they didnt dumb down, the code would be too complex for a device to handle and the device explodes). Whatever the devs do, im sure that they do it for a good reason to do so and I will agree with them no matter what. I can see both ways of the argument so taking a side is impossible for me to do.

Lucilulu
07-20-2011, 05:06 PM
If it will smooth out if no wipe happens, there is no reason that a wipe wouldnt smooth out as well. And did YOU purchase damage lixers for the purpose of kills? I think the refund thing is a good idea but what if people buy damage pots for xp? Comepletely realistic ya know. faster kills=faster xp. 2x exp isnt as helpful unless its a combo or a super strong char. People who purchased elixers in the beta FOR THE PURPOSE OF KILLS to get onto the LB should know the risk that is IS a beta and that there is a possiblity of things that mess up their progress.

And I hope that the devs make a good decision on what to do. IT doent matter to me what happens to the LB much. I actually kinda hoping that the LB isnt wiped for the reason of a good goal for me to aim for. I want it wiped so that us beta players have a fairer chance of getting to the LB. The devs were smart enough (though i feel they had to dumb down) to create an amazing game (if they didnt dumb down, the code would be too complex for a device to handle and the device explodes). Whatever the devs do, im sure that they do it for a good reason to do so and I will agree with them no matter what. I can see both ways of the argument so taking a side is impossible for me to do.

IMO they should have never allowed the purchase of plat or elixirs in beta. On one hand trying to say the beta was simply for testing, but on the other they sure accepted our money. If your going to charge and act as tho things are actually real play, then do it, but you can't be "half pregnant", which by I believe the devs are doing if they start implementing these resets. If they do tho, I would rather they just refund everyone's money (plat) and start everyone from lvl 0. All or nothing please.

Dopeydaddy-lvl 21 op
Lucilulu - lvl 21 com

Ellyidol
07-20-2011, 05:11 PM
IMO they should have never allowed the purchase of plat or elixirs in beta. On one hand trying to say the beta was simply for testing, but on the other they sure accepted our money. If your going to charge and act as tho things are actually real play, then do it, but you can't be "half pregnant", which by I believe the devs are doing if they start implementing these resets. If they do tho, I would rather they just refund everyone's money (plat) and start everyone from lvl 0. All or nothing please.

Dopeydaddy-lvl 21 op
Lucilulu - lvl 21 com

Not sure if I got this right, but wasn't it announced pre-beta that LB would be wiped? Or was it declared half-way or more than half-way through?

I see your point on the plat and elixirs, and I agree, but if they made some sort of announcement or disclaimer that things could change, can't really blame em.

Physiologic
07-20-2011, 05:56 PM
@Lucilulu - Platinum purchases are strictly under the user's own accord. During an unstable testing period like beta, why would you spend boatloads of Platinum in the first place? I admit I used a few Plat as well but only to test out skills and stats. No one forced anyone to get to the leaderboards and spend tons of Plat or time doing so. Getting to the Leaderboard is an obsession that some players chose to partake in and definitely not a wise one at best since after all, it is a testing phase. The testing phase means you find out kinks and bugs and try to be helpful to figuring out what's wrong PRIOR to the release of the full version, not try to get a head start on everyone else by stamping your name on the leaderboard. That's what we all agreed to as beta testers.

Lucilulu
07-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Not sure if I got this right, but wasn't it announced pre-beta that LB would be wiped? Or was it declared half-way or more than half-way through?

I see your point on the plat and elixirs, and I agree, but if they made some sort of announcement or disclaimer that things could change, can't really blame em.

I guess the only issue I have is the fact that they gladly accepted the many purchases and made sure and acted like things were real play. Now they are trying to use the "it's just beta" crap to justify things. Really, just say it like it is, the game started a few weeks ago, the day the started making money. They are simply trying to make a decision that angers as few people as possible and the beta argument is the best out. But really let's get serious, this was not a true beta, u typically don't start selling ur normal game items in beta. Again, a simple fix is an asterisk, two leader boards for the next few months one for betas another non, after few months won't need to even have the asterisk.

Dopeydaddy
Lucilulu

Lesrider
07-20-2011, 06:01 PM
PL has always been like a beta, having changes that affect people who spent real money. So why would you expect less from a game that you know is in the beta phase?

Snakespeare
07-20-2011, 06:05 PM
If we are voting, I would ask the devs to let the beta testers keep their kills. And this comes from someone who is very, very jealous of the beta testers. It means nothing. k/d ratios are nothing but ego boosters. In a month the hardcore regulars will pass most of the beta testers. So let them have their thrill for a month. It doesn't hurt anyone. They don't get any other compensation. Why not let them keep their kills?

Just my vote, if they are taking votes.

Physiologic
07-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Victory!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?31412-Star-Legends-Beta-Leaderboards-to-be-Wiped-for-Launch

Kraze
07-20-2011, 06:08 PM
There are several reasons a reset is not fair and IMO not the right move. First, STS allowed the purchase of Plat and elixirs in the beta, so they did not treat the beta solely as a test product. Second, by reseting the leader boards you are actually giving the non-betas an unfair advantage since all beta players would have leveled with no kills and may have already spent plat. BETA players would not be able to gain kills at the lower levels and may not have the opportunity to use elixirs because they may have been used on worthless kills that are now wiped. If STS is going to do a reset, they at the very least, should rebate all credits and plat spent on elixirs during the beta (minus xp elixirs) , allowing beta players to use there plat and credits on what they are calling the real game. I believe a better option would be, over the next few months (after that i believe it would smooth out anyway, and the need would diminish), list two leader boards, one for all those in the beta and one for non beta players, or put an asterisk on beta players and list the top 5 of each. Allow all beta players to keep there kills and be done with it (here's an even crazier idea, leave it alone, in a few months it wont matter, with time, non-beta players will catch up and there wont be any difference anyway, all non betas would be losing is time, BETAs would be losing real money under the plan currently being proposed). IMO simply wiping and resetting everyone is not a fair or very well thought out solution, and one that needs to be revisited. I have faith the DEVs will do the right thing and figure something out, people smart enough to come up with something as amazing as SL can surely figure something as easy as this out :confused:

Dopeydaddy - LVL 21 OP
LUCILULU - LVL 21 COM
TATERTOTER LVL 20 ENG
Lots of anger in this thread and looks like devs made up their minds. Beta players you can always start a new toon for ratios on the bright side everyone is so worked up about the leaderboard nobody's complaining about all the gold beta players will have racked up. I have no doubt it will be a beta player that sits on top of the board for a while as you guys have the basics down. As far as the plat purchases ago I recommend reading the tos for the beta as covered in a different but similar thread these types of things were a possibility. Buyer beware

Snakespeare
07-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Victory!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?31412-Star-Legends-Beta-Leaderboards-to-be-Wiped-for-Launch

LOL! So much for "voting"... OK... further comments on that thread....

Diodge
07-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Victory!

Thats a real nice way to act. You know people are tweeked out about it. Your pokeing at the fire with gas.

ilbetyoubeg
07-20-2011, 06:22 PM
If they gonna reset kills they also need to reset the kills because otherwise it would be unfair for the bèta players because they cant get in the k/d leaderboards.

So if they are gonna reset the kills they also need yo reset kills

Register
07-20-2011, 06:26 PM

Dopeydaddy-lvl 21 op
Lucilulu - lvl 21 com

haha half pregnant xD I dont think they should have allowed plat purchase in beta but they did and we have to adapt our thinking to fit that. Thinking in the same state where you hope devs dont allow plat purchase will get you nowhere atm. I full reset is unnecesary IMO. Its kind of as a prize or gift for people who helped out in beta.

Kraze
07-20-2011, 06:28 PM
If they gonna reset kills they also need to reset the kills because otherwise it would be unfair for the bèta players because they cant get in the k/d leaderboards.

They are resetting both k/d and you get to keep all that gold sounds like a deal to me. I'd gladly take a 21 with two-three weeks worth of farming gear and gold to only lose my k/d

Register
07-20-2011, 06:34 PM
They are resetting both k/d and you get to keep all that gold sounds like a deal to me. I'd gladly take a 21 with two-three weeks worth of farming gear and gold to only lose my k/d

if i was in the beta and i had tons of gold, LB spot, and good kdr, I would gladly reset all my chars if i had to cuz the devs were able to even allow players in the beta.

ilbetyoubeg
07-20-2011, 06:34 PM

So everything will be reset? If i log in after the release i will still be a lv 21 but with 0 kills and 0 deaths.

Diodge
07-20-2011, 06:35 PM
So everything will be reset? If i log in after the release i will still be a lv 21 but with 0 kills and 0 deaths.
yes

Register
07-20-2011, 06:38 PM

yep yep yep!

ilbetyoubeg
07-20-2011, 06:39 PM
That looks cool! Well, maybe i will get in the leaderboards again because kill boosting cant anymore.
But all my 22 k kills will be gone? life is quit hard worked a lot to get it ,in one second all gone.

Physiologic
07-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Thats a real nice way to act. You know people are tweeked out about it. Your pokeing at the fire with gas.

I am not here to be a "nice guy." I am here to give my suggestions and thoughts to fixing a big problem that has existed in Pocket Legends. No one told the "leaders" on the leaderboards to go get 20k+ kills during the testing phase of a product cycle - this was primarily a fault due to their own obsession to get their name up there, again, during the beta period. Clearly they have had no prior experience in any beta phase games. Disable XP has been rectified, and now everyone, i.e. the majority of users who have not played beta, has an equal playing field in regards to getting to the leaderboards. Life is tough - video games are not.

If the leaders can get up that high even after the leaderboards are wiped - then more power and all respect to them. The devs have made a tough decision, to disappoint a few people now but ensuring that the leaderboards will not be corrupted (or as corrupt) on Star Legends. It is a long-term solution with short-term pains.

Lucilulu
07-20-2011, 06:55 PM
I am not here to be a "nice guy." I am here to give my suggestions and thoughts to fixing a big problem that has existed in Pocket Legends. No one told the "leaders" on the leaderboards to go get 20k+ kills during the testing phase of a product cycle - this was primarily a fault due to their own obsession to get their name up there, again, during the beta period. Clearly they have had no prior experience in any beta phase games. Disable XP has been rectified, and now everyone, i.e. the majority of users who have not played beta, has an equal playing field in regards to getting to the leaderboards. Life is tough - video games are not.

If the leaders can get up that high even after the leaderboards are wiped - then more power and all respect to them. The devs have made a tough decision, to disappoint a few people now but ensuring that the leaderboards will not be corrupted (or as corrupt) on Star Legends. It is a long-term solution with short-term pains.

Let me make one thing clear. I have no issue with buying plat. Anyone who knows me knows I buys lots of it for myself and many others. Will continue to do so. Also, I have never been one to be on the leader boards and don't intend to be in the future, just to much work IMO. What does frustrate me tho is this notion that the release was a pure beta test. Let's get real, it was not, if it was they never should have allowed the purchases they did. If you really want things to be fair and not ruin things as you say thens lets really do things right and reset everything and be done with it.

Dopeydaddy

Physiologic
07-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Let me make one thing clear. I have no issue with buying plat. Anyone who knows me knows I buys lots of it for myself and many others. Will continue to do so. Also, I have never been one to be on the leader boards and don't intend to be in the future, just to much work IMO. What does frustrate me tho is this notion that the release was a pure beta test. Let's get real, it was not, if it was they never should have allowed the purchases they did. If you really want things to be fair and not ruin things as you say thens lets really do things right and reset everything and be done with it.

Dopeydaddy

There's nothing in the ToS regarding Platinum purchases and Beta testing. All I can repeat, through past experiences, is that beta testing will always have major edits/changes/complete overhauls completely up to the developer's discretion. If everyone who was a beta tester knew this, they wouldn't have spent enormous amounts of Platinum or time. If this was a full-release game and the leaderboards was wiped out, THEN I would be against that whole idea. Again, and I cannot stress this enough, beta phase testing is always open to the heaviest amounts of changes - it doesn't matter if you're able to purchase things or not, they are completely at the user's risks.

Fyrce
07-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Quick, die now!

Register
07-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Quick, die now!

bang bang! All those zombies are dead! Now we are safe, Arubafix.

Psst...Arubafix is my pet gun.

Lesrider
07-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Now if someone STILL tries to get on the leaderboards now before the wipe, someone get them professional help.

Diodge
07-20-2011, 08:04 PM

I think most people did it because STS said there would be no reset. STS sold beta as one thing. Why would anyone play beta the way it should be played?
Its not like this game is huge to test. It is very small at this time.

Then as a player looked at by so many. You know dam well what "Victory" can start.

Im glad there being reset. I hate people knowing what I farm or how I play with my time.
You can read back on my posts about beggers. I hate them. These stupid boards make everyone a target at live.

Kraze
07-20-2011, 08:19 PM

Dopeydaddy
Wait hang on how do you buy people plat without logging in on their account? Isn't account sharing a tos issue?