View Full Version : "Cyber" Quests and Totems

Gladeye
07-19-2011, 11:11 PM
I see totem collection referred to a lot by other players. When I ask what quests they are for, I'm always told "Cyber", but that doesn't really explain anything to me. I'd hate to think I'm missing some good quest opportunities. COuld anyone please provide an explanation? Thank you!

Zaltiar
07-19-2011, 11:17 PM
The cyber quests can be obtained from the ghost in the alien oasis maps. These quests are mainly done for getting the cyber armor. It takes a while but the armor is worth it, until you get to a higher level haha

Otukura
07-19-2011, 11:24 PM
The cyber quests can be obtained from the ghost in the alien oasis maps. These quests are mainly done for getting the cyber armor. It takes a while but the armor is worth it, until you get to a higher level haha

I'm feeling a bit lazy right now, so the short version:

-The ghost is in CTK, and is called "..?.."; he's a random spawn by the shadows.
-4 quests, armor, helm, weapon, shield
-goes 100 totems, 50 totems, 25 essences, 5 essences -- totems are best gotten from rushing Keeper in VL, and essences are from killing shadow prisoners in Captive Audience
-The enchantress/tank gear isn't as good as the rift/cosmos counterparts
-The bird gear is very similar, it's 1 dodge(I think) and 2 armor vs 5 crit and 5 damage.

If I missed anything, tell me.

Zaltiar
07-19-2011, 11:45 PM
As the ghost is located around the middle of the map, your best bet would be to rush through all the way to the ghost, see if he is there if not, try again.

DawnInfinity
07-20-2011, 12:33 AM
As the ghost is located around the middle of the map, your best bet would be to rush through all the way to the ghost, see if he is there if not, try again.
Or join a game that recently finished. :o

Zaltiar
07-20-2011, 01:58 AM
true that :), the shadows still spawn infinitely though haha
EDIT: and just pray that Mynas isnt there. :|

Fyrce
07-20-2011, 03:20 AM
You can get the quest even if you're dead :p

And you have to be level 50 before that quest guy will talk to you about the quests.

superglut2
07-20-2011, 11:01 AM
dont bother with cyber itscnot worth the efford, it was just something to do for the 50s back in the days cause everyone was bored

Gladeye
07-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks for all the information. I still don't get why they are called "Cyber" quests, but the rest is clear.

Zaltiar
07-20-2011, 01:44 PM
cause you get "Cyber" armor in the end. lol

drewcapu
07-20-2011, 01:56 PM
You can get the quest even if you're dead :p

And you have to be level 50 before that quest guy will talk to you about the quests.

I resemble that remark.

Several times have I rushed there in a finished instance and spotted the ghost (you can see him from outside the room and on the map) only to find Mynas waiting for me. I didn't care about dying. I just wanted to make sure I got the quest or careful about choosing the right reward ;)

Fyrce
07-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Die and you have ALL the time in the world to decide :)

Though soloing Mynas is pretty cool.