PDA

View Full Version : Level 20 Commando Gear Comparison

Mr.Wallace
07-20-2011, 06:53 AM
My Commando has reached level 20, I have the gear I want, time for numbers! Thanks to WhoIsThis for pointing me in that direction and thanks to MrsBerry for helping me farm lots of the gear!

Armor

First I compared three different sets. They are not really sets, but combinations of items with similar names :). There is no set bonus in SL yet.
I used the same weapon with all sets to focus on the other gear.

Set 1:
Veteran’s Ironite Helmet
Veteran’s Ironite Chest
Veteran’s Ironite Shoulders
Veteran’s Ironite Boots
Veteran’s Ironite Armguards
Veteran’s Beta and Beyond Sniper Rifle
Mega-Muscle Stat Amplifier

This is the set for a commando with an own credit card. All items are bought for platinum. And also, in my opinion, it's the best looking set. :D

Set 2:
Modified Mark IV DuraSteel Helmet
Mark IV DuraSteel Plate
Iridium Cover
Modified Mark IV DuraSteel Boots
Modified Mark IV DuraSteel Arms

This is the trash drop set. DuraSteel items are very common. As far as I know there is no DuraSteel back armor, so I used the Iridium Cover which is a quest reward.

Set 3:
Iridium Helmet
Iridium Plate
Iridium Cover
Iridium Stompers
Veteran’s Ironite Armguards

This seems to be the best set that drops at the moment. But I never have seen Iridium arm armor yet - so I used the ones from set 1.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6007/5957107285_6c352235c3.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/61613079@N07/5957107285/)

So I'd say, there is no need to spend a lot of platinum for a full Veteran's set. Only the significantly higher health and mana are real advantages. And the looks, of course :). So if you don't want to spend much platinum and are willing to use stimpack earlier, start with DuraSteel gear and replace items with Iridium drops and a few Veteran's for health and mana.
The differences in skill damage are pretty small, I wouldn't make a set decision based on that.

Weapon

In the next step I wanted to compare some weapons. I used all four weapons with set 3 to make them better comparable.

The Weapons:
Veteran's Beta and Beyond Sniper Rifle, 0.8 speed, from platinum store
Rumble, 0.9 speed, boss drop
Veteran's Pirate Cannon, 0.7 speed, from platinum store
The Foreman, 0.7 speed, boss drop

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6141/5957689948_fc4bdc98cb.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/61613079@N07/5957689948/)

If you have 5 platinum to spend, buy the Beta and Beyond Rifle. It looks good and seems to have the best stats for now. Pirate's cannon though is seriously overpriced. I was a bit disappointed by the Rumble, because most of the commandos I talked with assumed that the best weapon.

So my advise: if you don't care about a perfect set look and are willing to spend some platinum, combine Iridium gear with two Veteran's armor items and a Beta and Beyond Rifle. This should be a nicely balanced set. :)

Derajdefyre
07-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Is Rumble a heavy weapon? If so, the reason the dps is low is because each attack is area of effect.

Horsethe
07-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Nice work Mr.Wallace! Been interested in a comparison like this. I currently have most of the Iridium stuff equipped, I have everything but the sleeves also. Seems like they don't drop in the beta or are rare. Also, my chest armour is the Battlemarked Breastplate. I have Iridum also, but I'm not sure which is better overall.

Is Rumble a heavy weapon? If so, the reason the dps is low is because each attack is area of effect.

Heavy weapons have an AoE attack? I did not know this... Where did you find/hear about this? Makes me want to equip them now hehe.

Otukura
07-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Heavy weapons have an AoE attack? I did not know this... Where did you find/hear about this? Makes me want to equip them now hehe.

Can't find a source right now, but the commando only heavy weapons do AOE.

Horsethe
07-20-2011, 09:24 PM

Good to know! I'm gonna try rumble now. :) Any idea what the other class specific weapons do?

EDIT: I can be your source hehe. It does do AoE! :D

Mr.Wallace
07-20-2011, 11:23 PM

Hehe tried too, suddenly, Rumble is not so bad! :) Although unfortunately the Veteran's Hendly SAW is superior to Rumble, which has only the added Str as an advantage. So here again, paying 5 platinum beats farming...
But with the AOE info I now use a heavy weapon for mob clearing and a rifle for boss, loadout stress already. :)

Also, my chest armour is the Battlemarked Breastplate. I have Iridum also, but I'm not sure which is better overall.

Thanks to Romgar I have a Battlemarked Breastplate too - it seems to be the better choice than Iridium. You get more health and mana, and only sacrifice 1 hit. No wonder they are so expensive in the auction house.

Horsethe
07-21-2011, 01:13 AM
Hehe tried too, suddenly, Rumble is not so bad! :) Although unfortunately the Veteran's Hendly SAW is superior to Rumble, which has only the added Str as an advantage. So here again, paying 5 platinum beats farming...
But with the AOE info I now use a heavy weapon for mob clearing and a rifle for boss, loadout stress already. :)

Thanks to Romgar I have a Battlemarked Breastplate too - it seems to be the better choice than Iridium. You get more health and mana, and only sacrifice 1 hit. No wonder they are so expensive in the auction house.

I spent platinum on the sleeves and the implant, I've already crafted the TK2 X-ARC Cannon for lvl 21 if I get there. Prob won't pay platinum for anything else until I see what's in the full release. The reality is there isn't really any need to spend on gear atm as the difference is fairly small.

Mr.Wallace
07-21-2011, 03:28 AM
Obviously there are "Cycorp power arms" to (visually) complete the iridium set. Haven't seen them myself yet, if anyone sells them, let me know. :)

I'm sure in two weeks we will laugh about once having discussed which green gear is better :D. But maybe there will be a revival - level 21 beta gear twinks!

WhoIsThis
07-21-2011, 12:12 PM
@Wallace

Iridium arms at this point don't exist. Nobody has ever seen any iridium arms ever being dropped (and there aren't any commandos wearing them). It might be a bug, in which case an issue may need to be raised.

Register
07-21-2011, 01:33 PM
haha TY WALLACE. I now know what gear to use ^^

Beanmachine
07-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Can you post some pics of the gear plz? I'm really curious of how they look:rolleyes:

KingGiant
07-25-2011, 08:21 PM
Rumble is the best because of the aoe damage. Giving you are a good comm and know how to bunch your enemies together.

Horsethe
07-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Rumble is the best because of the aoe damage. Giving you are a good comm and know how to bunch your enemies together.

Agreed, although I sold my rumble and went for the crafted lvl 21 Commando weapon. The extra dodge was too good to turn down.

themars
07-31-2011, 08:39 AM
Obviously there are "Cycorp power arms" to (visually) complete the iridium set. Haven't seen them myself yet, if anyone sells them, let me know. :)

I'm sure in two weeks we will laugh about once having discussed which green gear is better :D. But maybe there will be a revival - level 21 beta gear twinks!

I got them if u want them Pls pm me game. I want to give them free.

themars
07-31-2011, 08:41 AM

Good to know! I'm gonna try rumble now. :) Any idea what the other class specific weapons do?

For engeneers its stoneklaz
For operative its minesweepers

apocketlegend
08-02-2011, 08:45 PM
I decided to go Comando my first SL char, any tips?

mbucek
08-03-2011, 04:42 PM
what about the overtime gun whats your thoughts on that to rumble

Jupitaloo
09-15-2011, 12:59 PM
What gives the extra 1 health regen in set 3?

Jupitaloo
09-17-2011, 12:42 PM
What's your ign for SL?

Elf-Orc-Naga
09-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Omg mr w! Wb! Pls introduce yourself if its ok for u since im using same ign players hehehe :)

Ellyidol
09-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Omg mr w! Wb! Pls introduce yourself if its ok for u since im using same ign players hehehe :)

Unfortunately, he made this before he left.