PDA

View Full Version : arcane ring

Izzo
04-22-2016, 01:34 AM
what happen to arcane ring everyone say nerfed?
sry i live under a rock

nightmaresmoke
04-22-2016, 03:52 AM
47 to 56 each time a player levels arcane ring's primary stat 30-2 every 1 level so if you're 56 already arcane ring's primary stat bonus will now be only 10 instead of 30, hope this helps.

Izzo
04-22-2016, 04:52 AM
Now why would they do that

nightmaresmoke
04-22-2016, 10:42 AM
Now why would they do that

Beats me but sts said it's for gear progression so new gears will be powerful not just the old arc ring.

konafez
04-22-2016, 12:50 PM
This idea just makes no sense to me ..they say there will be a ring to replace it, but nerf the one we have before providing a replacement

It would be like if I came to your house and said..we have this new car that is the best thing since cake ..it will be out in just three months! Oh..and we are takeing you old car till then..I guess you will just have to walk for a wile...

Or if my kids babysitter quit, I give them hand guns and send them out into the street to entertain them selves instead of hiring a new baby sitter

Basicly its this mentality..

"Yes we know you like your old stuff, but we are bringing out new stuff, yes we know its not the best..but we will make it more appealing by making you old stuff suck! Yay! "

Carapace
04-22-2016, 01:56 PM
The power of the Arcane Ring if left unchecked would have made any other rings in the future pale in comparison for the next 20 or so levels and was grossly overpowered when compared to the new gear progression curve designed to provide longevity to the game. We opted to ease it down over time to level out the power gains on the item so it would be more transitionary than removing the bonus outright and drastically changing its functionality as is.

Bluebatthing
04-22-2016, 02:05 PM
Essentially we're running in place in term of gear progression? What I got from your statement is the arcane ring is so overly powerful that you have to reduce its power, replacing it with another ring which presumably has the power of the arcane ring pre-nerf. New gear with the same power of old gear? Doesn't sound like progress...
The power of the Arcane Ring if left unchecked would have made any other rings in the future pale in comparison for the next 20 or so levels and was grossly overpowered when compared to the new gear progression curve designed to provide longevity to the game. We opted to ease it down over time to level out the power gains on the item so it would be more transitionary than removing the bonus outright and drastically changing its functionality as is.

Binlaggin
04-22-2016, 03:22 PM

What about the planer pendant? It's probably more OP than the ring

Carapace
04-22-2016, 04:12 PM
What about the planer pendant? It's probably more OP than the ring

We did look at this, but with the item progression it was not a long-term concern like the Arcane Ring was. We may revisit that analysis once we tip over the brink into level 56 items but for the time being we feel it is ok

konafez
04-22-2016, 08:51 PM
Wile I understand and respect what your saying carapace, you have to understand my point

For example, the Paracelsus gem..you guys are working it out of the game, but you put chaos jewels in to repkace it, yes it takes more of them, but I can stack chaos jewels and get the same effect

You have made no such provisions to replace the arcane ring, yes you have brought other rings into the game, but they are no where near the arcane ring, or they only work in certain areas or have no where near the stats. I just don't understand . Mabey I need to see the new set put together as a whole, but then it only works in the new maps

Izzo
04-23-2016, 10:41 PM
but then it only works in the new maps

Truer words have never been spoken