PDA

View Full Version : Gear Augments

kinawarrior
07-20-2011, 04:26 PM
I think it would be a good idea to add items you can add to your existing gear, and remove when you want to change. The add / remove would only be able to be completed inside towns, so you can't do it on the fly while playing.

These little autments would be much like the rings, but entirely less powerful. Examples would be + to armor, + to dps, + to crit, etc.

For an example, the fortified set for bears is great on H/S, great on dps, great on armor, but it really lacks in hit% and crit%. So, a person could augment their gear to add +2 in hit % for all pieces.

I think it would help the economy also as I envision people having two complete sets of, say, fortified armor. One set is augmented with dmg boosters, where the other is augmented with armor boosters. That way they can swipe them out with the loadouts, instead of having to run into town to change them every time.

The augments could also be item specific, meaning only put on hat, chest, or sword. Like, you could have dmg augs for weapons, and maybe even proc augs! Like, a warrior would get a proc that adds hate to the mob and makes them hate you more, so they attack you. Or, add something like freeze on the proc, or whatever.

I would prefer these are available as drops, and maybe have varying levels of them, and purchasable via gold.

lethalchick
07-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Sounds like a cool idea (low dodge was the only reason I never bothered with fortified, would be nice to be able to add it) However does that mean you'd need two sets of the best end game (and doubly crafted?) stuff? Not sure how great for the economy that'd be, because thats just too rich for me

superglut2
07-21-2011, 03:16 AM
sounds good

kinawarrior
07-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Sounds like a cool idea (low dodge was the only reason I never bothered with fortified, would be nice to be able to add it) However does that mean you'd need two sets of the best end game (and doubly crafted?) stuff? Not sure how great for the economy that'd be, because thats just too rich for me

Well, in an ideal world, they would up the pink drop rates in anticipation of people wearing multiple sets :) But yes, I do see your point

drewcapu
07-21-2011, 03:08 PM
When gems started dropping after FH & BS crafting were introduced, many players envisioned those gems to be usable to craft gear in various campaigns in a more customized way. Alas, that wasn't the case as it was basically another rigid ingredient only used for crafted FH armors.