PDA

View Full Version : I think Arcane Legends should be pay to win

Shackler
04-22-2016, 06:17 AM
Hello everyone

Last night devs released an update which people were looking forward to. When it released i did really disappointed. Was this really the "huge update"? After a year of completely bad season for Arcane Legends, devs have begun caring about the community's requests n wishes. I really expected a really good content from this update.

I'll talk about the past and today of Arcane Legends but when i started playing Arcane Legends, level cap was 26 and after a few weeks cap 31 came so i cant talk about 26 and previous caps.
At 31 cap mythic items were really expensive for a new player. Affording them was nearly impossible.(I dont even talk about arcanes lol) But there were legendary gears that are good enough. We had mythic pet slag that could be obtained via platinums and it was an op pet. We had opportunities to earn money. Farming oltgar for entombed hammers(200-500k value) or locks(10-13k) in kraken mines. I could do pvp with legendary gears.

When we came to 36 cap, mythics became cheap but devs gave players opportunity of upgrading mythics for not to aggrieve players who paid tons of gold for those mythics in 26 and 31 caps. This decrease in prices was good for poor players as well. They could afford mythics then. Everyone was happy. We had opportunities to earn money in 36 cap as well. Locks and oltgar were still there and also there was arena to farm elite golden puzzleboxes.(100k value) Devs released 36 level mythic weapons then. But didn't put them in locks with a really high chance of loot and fullfill the game with them. So there was economy back then. These were just alternatives to arcane weapons.

Then there was 41 cap. It wasn't good at all in the beginning. Devs released arcane rings that are much more rarer than the rings in LOTR trilogy lol. Maybe only %1 of players had those rings. Because it was "arcane". Arcane items and pets are supposed the "incredibly rare" as mentioned under arcane pets in stable so community weren't whining about this situation. Ridicilously we still had same farming opportunities; oltgar and kraken mines lol. Devs released event system back then. Finally we had something different. Those events were fun and profitable for everyone. After halloween event, devs released planar arena and tombs that were the best things released in AL history. Of course this is my opinion but you would agree with me if you have looted 4x planar pendant recipes when they were 20m for each recipe. Imagine it. I became rich af from poorness in just a few weeks. I was really happy. I still didn't have an arcane ring tho.. Lol

Devs released 46 cap and made a change in game which looks like a little thing but was huge and caused game die; new locks. New rengol locks came with a strange loot ratio. Arcane rings were down to 7-8m from 60-70m. Of course prices of arcane/mythic items that belongs to previous cap start falling down in the beginning of new caps. But this %80~90 fall was not normal. I realized that game was dying at that moment. At least nothing was free and we still had to farm for gears and money. With another aspect, this was not bad for the game. Everyone could afford best gears. Pvp was more competitive.
New glintstone sets wete another sign of the death of AL. As a warrior i was happy because of my situation. Finally we were getting the second real op stuff since 31 cap(maul of ollerus). 3 seasons and sts had decided to care about warrior. We still needed buff tho. Thats why i hadnt care about rogues and mages. Their sets were useless.

We got new mythic weapons during winter event. Warrior weapon could make us beat rogues in 1v1. After only a month devs released new arcane weapons. Why did i pay 6m to get new mythic weapon and sell for 1.5m just after a month? Why did i waste my money? Because devs wanted so.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?296942-eCONOMY

Please check Titanium's post.. He explained briefly how the economy works in AL..

After a few months sts has done the mistake that accelerated the death of AL; sns in locks. Dream pet of all AL players.. Everyone could get it. Imagine the players who worked really hard during 2014 ursoth event to get this pet.. Day and night.. Hours and hours of farm.. Many many people chasing the double... They got it and sts promised that this pet will NEVER come back. Sns owners were happy. They were rewarded for their efforts... So what sts did? They didn't keep their promise.

Well.. Last nights update was the worst one.
Devs released a new completely useless and pointless "set". It's not even 56 level lol. It's useless because its point is "you have to farm new maps to obtain this set and use it not to get stunned while farming new maps for nothing". Really? Is this a paradox or troll? Im not even talking about turning our "expensive" glintstone sets into 900 coins which is not even enough to get 1 out of 4 materials to craft new set's armor. You guys will need to farm 4000 coins to get this useless armor. Or pay 8m for 4k coins. Even after hard work or paying 8m gold, there is chance that not getting the best armor for your class. Will is the best one for warrior but what if i get grace?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160422/fa24ad257bb625c4005b067a0abb5b6e.jpg

About another useless piece of this set : amulet. You said it'll come from gold heretic chest. Have you guys ever checked whats in these chest? Well there are 145 items belong to each "rarity". Yes you heard right. 145 legendaries, 145 rares and 145 epics. And 3 set items. Basic math; your chance of looting this useless "one of these amulets" is 1/145.

Lets say you have worked hard or paid to get this set and completed all 5 pcs. What you're gonna do;
Pve player
Chill in towns or just dont play because there is nothing left to farm.
Pvp player
This set is not for pvp. Good luck to all warriors with their broken juggs :)

So sts devs.. Please explain me what happened to this game. What is the point of these useless stuff.. Game became playable only for the ppl who never goes out, have no life etc. IMO an MMORPG game should be "pay to win". I have so many friends quitting game right now because there are no pay to win options and they have a life to deal with. I had about 50m in the beginning of 46 cap and now what? i have only 150k. Please bring back economy to the game. Please stop releasing useless stuff every week to cause people lose their money.

supersyan
04-22-2016, 06:41 AM
I agree with all parts except "MMORPG Should be pay to win" its should be 50/50

Zeazimeh
04-22-2016, 06:53 AM
I agree that economy is bad at the moment, moreover glintstone gun has more damage than arcane staff, this ain't justified

Bunny♥
04-22-2016, 07:23 AM
its just good to know that the game doesn't need to spend a lot of money now to get the good gears. But I do agree with you, the reason why I left the game (and most of the other players as well) is that we no longer have the time to catch up with the game. Even reaching level cap is insane. For players like me who doesn't have the time to take all of these to just catch up made me just quit. LOL. Not about spending or whatnot, but the game just need so much time now to be able to catch up.

Its good, for most of the free players... But it made the others left the game, we have life to live with, we cant play this game 24/7.

gatzoo5505
04-22-2016, 07:58 AM
I 100% agree with this post. Shackler just nailed wat is wrong with AL. Thank you sir for posting wat have been on my mind for the past year.

For those of u who that is still under the impression this is a not "pay to win" game u need a reality check. Just imagine if u r a new player to AL how hard its gonna for you to progress w/o spending cash. How many lockeds would u need to farm to afford a lep let alone an arcane item at 5k per locked. At least back in the old days I can farm pinks instead of having to solely rely on lockeds to make some gold.

It is truly sad when the most expensive items in game are vanities, instead of arcane items. Its has come to the point where the only way to distinguished one player from another is thru their vanities.

Lemme ask everyone this question, do you remembered looting or purchasing your first arcane item and wat that feeling was like? I remembered purchasing my first arcane item, arcane staff for 70m. Although 70m is a extremely high number but it was obtainable. I made a sizable of my gold thru merching, average deal netted me 50k-2m. I made an average of 2 deals a day and I'm just the average merch. All these deals are gone in today's economy. I'm not gonna risk buying an item unless its significantly underpriced cuz I'm afraid I'll be stuck with it.

The reality is the Devs are not gonna change this cuz all the plat farmers (players thst recycle plat offers repeatedly) are popping more crates because of the increased odds at arcanes. More crates being popped = more cash for the Debs hence why they are releasing these items at this accelerated pace. These items usually only offered a slight increased in stats. This begs to ask the question, am I gonna spend 1m gold for a slight increase when gold is at such a premium... hell to the no....

The only benefit of this "major" update is the sell option...bravo the devs finally got something right. DUN go for the new set, its a waste of gold and effort. If the glinstome set was not a painful reminder to those that wasted millions of gold buying mats or hrs of farm, luckily I wasn't one of those "victims". This set is probably gonna be obsolete in less than half a year or worth 500 coins of whatever new currency.

gatzoo5505
04-22-2016, 08:34 AM
Cake event was an exploitation cuz once again the devs didn't think it thru before released.

Motherless_Child
04-22-2016, 08:56 AM
IMO

this sets were released for preparation for the elite maps ( UNDERHUL) ... if you think about it most of the items are lvl 51 and none of the MYTHICS OR ARCANE EVEN THE "SET") is at level 56.

now they are changing the phase of the game to revive the economy which is making the stuff lootable at lower drop rate.

now obtaining the set is highly optional but for farmers like me it's a MUST why you asked?

because if your having a hard time in farming in normal underhul maps now then most probably the mobs and boss in the new maps will be very hard so farming there without the sets will be farming deaths as well...

now another thing is the expansion itself is not completely finished so there are still a ton of stuff that we need to look forward to..

now im not a player that have played the game for a lot seasons but i have played the game for more than a year and i saw how the economy crashed but i survived though...

-just saying

How will the new sets be a help in "new ELITE" underhaul maps without any immunity to stuns, DoTs, slows, etc??? Gonna need more than +200 health and +200 armor(full set equipped)(probably still not that different from what you get from arcane ring and planar pendant combo) to get through elite underhaul mobs IMO..........

Shackler
04-22-2016, 08:59 AM
IMO

this sets were released for preparation for the elite maps ( UNDERHUL) ... if you think about it most of the items are lvl 51 and none of the MYTHICS OR ARCANE EVEN THE "SET") is at level 56.

now they are changing the phase of the game to revive the economy which is making the stuff lootable at lower drop rate.

now obtaining the set is highly optional but for farmers like me it's a MUST why you asked?

because if your having a hard time in farming in normal underhul maps now then most probably the mobs and boss in the new maps will be very hard so farming there without the sets will be farming deaths as well...

now another thing is the expansion itself is not completely finished so there are still a ton of stuff that we need to look forward to..

now im not a player that have played the game for a lot seasons but i have played the game for more than a year and i saw how the economy crashed but i survived though...

-just saying

It's not a must for farming new maps. It gives you stun immunity, right? Nekro does same. In all maps.

So now just make the comparision;

Nekro is just 1.5m and gives you op stats also its the pet with highest damage.
Only 1 piece of set is 8m. Even at full set it will lower your stats if all pieces are like ring and amulet.

Shackler
04-22-2016, 09:13 AM
It doesnt give stun immunity. Just giving what you lost on your maxed gear. Maybe slight boost on armor

Hmm I read that stun immunity somewhere yesterday.. Can't remember where lol

Anyway my 41 AR and planar pendant are still overpowering this useless set bonus lol(i have the right gems tho, not clean)

Dragoonclaws
04-22-2016, 09:15 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160422/241dbafb35c093e16855d83a591c4286.jpg

Aaaaahhhh good times

Do I really need to sign this?
* ´ ¨ )
.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Dragnab

gatzoo5505
04-22-2016, 09:17 AM
Wat needs to be done is make maps more worthwhile to farm. Do I wanna waste 15 mins to farm map 1 of underhul for 2 coins and a few low tier jewels??? Come on, this is wat the new expansion is all about? Go and copy the Tindrin expansion please, that was by far the best expansion ever.

gatzoo5505
04-22-2016, 09:23 AM
i agree but to be much more efficient in farming specially in new maps having a good gear+ pet is better...

and like i said i find completely optional but since i usually farm and i don't do pvp that much

but for me i think it's best that someone obtains the "set" and provide information because it's hard to give a detailed feedback if we haven't tried it

(please don't get offended with my response im not trying to argue i just wanted to state an opinion okay ^-^)

I think completing the new set would be the definition of "inefficient". Spending 9m gold for this junk is wat I'm referring to. You can go he 4000 coin route., but by the time u farmed those coins a new expansion probably around the corner.

Arkiouj
04-22-2016, 09:31 AM
You'll get alot of hate but I agree with most of this.

gatzoo5505
04-22-2016, 09:34 AM
Cake event was an exploitation cuz once again the devs didn't think it thru before released.

either way it boost every item's price. Made the locked crate loots quite worthy. whatever you do in game was giving satisfaction. everyone was hunting sns for its value it was even reached 50m. at some point
for farming vials were 250k fangs were 40 even tho set wasnt powerful for mage and rogue.
Some inflation is actually helps a lot.

but time passed gold sinked economy crashed. and %80 of my friends from that era left the game. if you can make 1000 crate key with 3.8m gold which is highest demand item almost.It means you need some inflation. Spender deserves a bit more than that

Although I agreed with ur assessment the cake event was still an exploitations. The only thing the cake event did was gave people who did not deserved the gold extra gold. Locked crates loot was the same price before the cake event. Sns was selling for 50m cuz of the old mystique it had. I even argued that sns was gonna be the next nekro and was not worth 10m.

The 2 reasons why that set was completed for mages n rogues was cuz of the AP n the ground effect. Thankfully I saved 15m from not bothering with the set cuz it was garbage and is worth 900 glinstone coins. 15m for 900 coins... ROFL.

gatzoo5505
04-22-2016, 09:37 AM
I think completing the new set would be the definition of "inefficient". Spending 9m gold for this junk is wat I'm referring to. You can go he 4000 coin route., but by the time u farmed those coins a new expansion probably around the corner.

i agree it could be costly but i don't think they would be doing a new expansion anytime soon.

the elite maps haven't been released yet. gears for 56 is not even available

Wat do u think the new elite maps are gonna offer besides more APs? How r u gonna recuperate that 9m in gold from the new elite maps? That's wat everyone been complaining about... there's nothing worth farming y so many have quit.

Bunny♥
04-22-2016, 09:49 AM
Wat do u think the new elite maps are gonna offer besides more APs? How r u gonna recuperate that 9m in gold from the new elite maps? That's wat everyone been complaining about... there's nothing worth farming y so many have quit.

+100

The best thing about farming before is that pink loots can provide you golds. If farming now will just provide you coins and chests that costs 20k each to help you create a decent gear then it's a total waste of time.

gatzoo5505
04-22-2016, 09:55 AM

+100

The best thing about farming before is that pink loots can provide you golds. If farming now will just provide you coins and chests that costs 20k each to help you create a decent gear then it's a total waste of time.

Yes, and there was an excitement when you see the loot reroller message. Although mythics and arcanes were selling for lotsa gold but it felt more attainable.

Shackler
04-22-2016, 10:09 AM
Noticed sth lately today. We have to farm 4k coins or pay millions to craft a "chest" with a chance to loot a good armor.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160422/776e1c86d1dbc98a0ce83f6dd610842b.jpg

%25 luck to get will armor which is the best one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatzoo5505
04-22-2016, 10:09 AM

now im not on anyone's side im just trying to keep an open mind.

besides aps most probably there is something good that you can actually loot on those new map there will always be that something that we can look forward to..

now regarding the sets being stats

right now like G said the items that we already have are a bit too OP. so to keep the balance of the game they gave the stats that is accurate for the maps ( this is how i understand it so correct me if im wrong)

but the proc and buff of the new sets are amazing enough for us to survive IMO

Wat I'm saying ur not putting a big enough premium on that 9m gold. Unless u r popping crates like these plat farmers its next to impossible to obtain this 9m gold. I dun think you'll come close to recovering this massive amount of gold from the new elite maps, this from my prior experience with last expansion. The last expansion offered orc fangs which sold for 15k a piece. Then came the essence of the beast for stampy that sold well but quickly went down the hole.

The only solution to fixing this game is fix the economy, its really that simple. The main factor hat determine the price of an item is rarity. The only items that's been appreciating in value are vanities cuz of their rarity.

gatzoo5505
04-22-2016, 10:56 AM
Wat I'm saying ur not putting a big enough premium on that 9m gold. Unless u r popping crates like these plat farmers its next to impossible to obtain this 9m gold. I dun think you'll come close to recovering this massive amount of gold from the new elite maps, this from my prior experience with last expansion. The last expansion offered orc fangs which sold for 15k a piece. Then came the essence of the beast for stampy that sold well but quickly went down the hole.

The only solution to fixing this game is fix the economy, its really that simple. The main factor hat determine the price of an item is rarity. The only items that's been appreciating in value are vanities cuz of their rarity.

i experience that as well but i did bounce back i did a mythic helm for my rogue and i helped my brother complete his whole mythic set...

my helm cost me 4m and for my brother i spend around 20m

i don't pop crates i just farm a lot a with my guildies and i merch too every now and then...

all i had was unity with me and my brother that is how we survive lmao....

so bouncing back is doable because everything we do in the game is by choice.

so its your call how to accept the outcome

Well, I'm glad to hear that u got out of that mess unscathed. Wat we (those that been around since season 1) are trying to do is make this game great again. I farm exclusively too but after awhile it gets painfully monogamous,. I was tired of dying while trying to farm something that's worth 15k, my pots n ankhs were not free. Wat ended up happening was back to farming km3 n dragkin tooth.

Besides, it was the devs that said they've incorporated some of our feedbacks into the latest update. Once again they over promised n under delivered.

I'm surprised u r not upset that sts turned ur 20m investment into 900 coins, in a span of a few months. Knowing that and u still want to pursue this set? Well I do hope u get it soon cuz there is no way I'm gonna be wasting my time n gold on this fruitless endeavor.

We of course all capable of making our own choices but I'm advocating for smart choices. I dun see how wasting 9m gold for this can be consider a smart choice with our ever dwindling resources.

Zeazimeh
04-22-2016, 11:21 AM
Imo if we gonna farm/buy coins then we atleast should get to choose what armor we get.. Rn we just get any one of 3, not the one we want..
So now random things gonna decide our play style?

Shackler
04-22-2016, 11:25 AM
Imo if we gonna farm/buy coins then we atleast should get to choose what armor we get.. Rn we just get any one of 3, not the one we want..

Not 3. There are 4 armors. Cant display all in one screen.

Zeazimeh
04-22-2016, 11:41 AM
Lol then hell no, i am not gonna craft that.. I want what i pay for

gatzoo5505
04-22-2016, 12:08 PM

I dun understand why sts made 4 when there is an obvious choice, just like when they released the glintstone mythic weapons. Then again to make sense of sts is like winning the lottery.

Zeazimeh
04-22-2016, 12:10 PM
I dun understand why sts made 4 when there is an obvious choice, just like when they released the glintstone mythic weapons. Then again to make sense of sts is like winning the lottery.
True, but whats even worse is that u need to decide what jewels u need to put after u get the set.. Imo not worth all the money/effort

Candylicks
04-22-2016, 02:15 PM
They were smart to add the sack of coins that you can sell. That way everyone can get the set, if they buy it or grind for it. The problem is that the stats aren't really great right now, and they sure enough made it a little TOO much of a grind with each piece being 1K coins. It's really just a little tweaking needed. Boost the set, lower the coins (or make them rain!) then both sides will be pleased.

I have always agreed with the OP that I was originally pulled to this game because I could buy what I needed to stay competitive. Not asking for the sides to be tipped in either favor, but just that StS does keep boosting the plat players as much as the FTP so we can retain loyalty and player base no matter how you choose to play the game.

Shackler
04-22-2016, 02:45 PM
They were smart to add the sack of coins that you can sell. That way everyone can get the set, if they buy it or grind for it. The problem is that the stats aren't really great right now, and they sure enough made it a little TOO much of a grind with each piece being 1K coins. It's really just a little tweaking needed. Boost the set, lower the coins (or make them rain!) then both sides will be pleased.

I have always agreed with the OP that I was originally pulled to this game because I could buy what I needed to stay competitive. Not asking for the sides to be tipped in either favor, but just that StS does keep boosting the plat players as much as the FTP so we can retain loyalty and player base no matter how you choose to play the game.

No. Not everyone can get the set. Yes coins are purchaseable but in this situation of economy, it will be really hard collect 8m back. Also as i mentioned, it's luck based, getting the best armor for your class is not guaranteed. Opening locks will not bring you money unless sts reverts the loot ratios as it used to be before rengol expansion.

I'm a gamer. I have played tons of MMORPG games. So i know the difference between P2W and F2P games. StS' choices shows that this game is not for little kids who cant pay real money for a game. But also its's not for adult people who have a job or school to deal with. Only a person whose job is gaming can accept these strategies lol. Paying for AL is just a waste of money atm. You buy 1700 plats and what? What can you do with 1700 plats? Open locks to get 1-2m worth "incredibly rare arcane items". Meanwhile you'll lose tons of gold to buy these locks lol. So you paid 100$ for nothing. But, this thread is not about P2W system or the economy of AL. It's about about how AL was fun for everyone and how sts started ruining it with bad decisions and releasing stuff without even a test.

Justg
04-22-2016, 02:51 PM
It's about about how AL was fun for everyone and how sts started ruining it with bad decisions and releasing stuff without even a test.

So, really more of a rant and not about how we're trying to fix things?

Haligali
04-22-2016, 02:53 PM
these many untradeable gear, i can't even check the auction which is the best item currently.

Shackler
04-22-2016, 02:59 PM
So, really more of a rant and not about how we're trying to fix things?

G. Please. Sts really must check stuff before releasing. You're really active nowadays and listening to us. Thats what we needed. Finally a dev really listening to the community instead of answering easy questions like "what is mythic?" Lol. This post was just about back and then. Not rant. I'll make another post including my ideas for the future of AL. I hope you pay attention to that just like this one :)

Justg
04-22-2016, 03:06 PM
G. Please. Sts really must check stuff before releasing. You're really active nowadays and listening to us. Thats what we needed. Finally a dev really listening to the community instead of answering easy questions like "what is mythic?" Lol. This post was just about back and then. Not rant. I'll make another post including my ideas for the future of AL. I hope you pay attention to that just like this one :)

So why, now that you have us here and actively participating, are you doom and gloom? It would be much more helpful if you realized what we are trying to do and help us rather than dwell on the past. You can help build up or you can help tear down.

Shackler
04-22-2016, 03:17 PM
So why, now that you have us here and actively participating, are you doom and gloom? It would be much more helpful if you realized what we are trying to do and help us rather than dwell on the past. You can help build up or you can help tear down.

Because we havent seen any fixes so far(except jugg buff). If you could stop releasing new stuff and fix the economy in the game and bring AL back to life, that would be much more better. Every week before community updates, people expect fixes. I mean general fixes about the life of game. Not bug fixes. People really tired of spending money for new gears. Let us enjoy the game meanwhile you guys are fixing it.

Justg
04-22-2016, 03:22 PM
Because we havent seen any fixes so far(except jugg buff). If you could stop releasing new stuff and fix the economy in the game and bring AL back to life, that would be much more better. Every week before community updates, people expect fixes. I mean general fixes about the life of game. Not bug fixes. People really tired of spending money for new gears. Let us enjoy the game meanwhile you guys are fixing it.

What do you think these threads are about:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?310550-State-of-the-game-two-questions

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?310995-State-of-the-Game-Summary-of-Two-Questions-thread

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?312966-State-of-the-Game-Producer-s-Letter-April-2016

If this is not about listening to the community and fixing the economy, I don't know what is.

Shackler
04-22-2016, 03:43 PM
So what do you think these threads are about:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?310550-State-of-the-game-two-questions

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?310995-State-of-the-Game-Summary-of-Two-Questions-thread

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?312966-State-of-the-Game-Producer-s-Letter-April-2016

If this is not about listening to the community and fixing the economy, I don't know what is.

As i said, you do listen us. I saw so many good features in the summary post. But releasing those stuff by priority would be great, isn't it? Also no one asking you guys to hurry with releasing new stuff.
This is sth like,
Lets say Apple is releasing iPhone 7 today. You waited it for too long. Went to the to shop and bought it. What woul you do if Apple announces that they will release iPhone 7S next month? Yours will be outdated.

This is exactly how it feels for players.

Justg
04-22-2016, 03:50 PM
As i said, you do listen us. I saw so many good features in the summary post. But releasing those stuff by priority would be great, isn't it?

That is exactly what we are doing. Is it not obvious? I get that you don't agree with some of our previous choices, neither do I. I am not happy about some of the buggier releases we have had either. But we are here, now, actively engaging with you. We would really appreciate it if you got on the side of "how can we make this game better" instead of "this is why the game sucks". Again, you can help build, or you can help tear down.

Rehired
04-22-2016, 03:58 PM
Pay To Win = Less Players = Less Money. Terribly bad idea bro... STS is giving those who can't pay a chance to have fun

* ´ ¨ )
.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Aype
Stolen From Dragnab Because I Can

Shackler
04-22-2016, 04:17 PM
That is exactly what we are doing. Is it not obvious? I get that you don't agree with some of our previous choices, neither do I. I am not happy about some of the buggier releases we have had either. But we are here, now, actively engaging with you. We would really appreciate it if you got on the side of "how can we make this game better" instead of "this is why the game sucks". Again, you can help build, or you can help tear down.

Why would i waste time here if i was on side of "this is why the game sucks" :) I love this game..

Justg
04-22-2016, 04:20 PM
Why would i waste time here if i was on side of "this is why the game sucks" :) I love this game..

Great, so now we're all on the same page! We respond much better to collaboration instead of "this game's dead". Let's make it better together!

nightmaresmoke
04-22-2016, 04:37 PM
Great, so now we're all on the same page! We respond much better to collaboration instead of "this game's dead". Let's make it better together!

To lighten things up and make the game better make Beat and Astro a reality (^-^) >>> http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?280353-Beat-And-Astro-STS(Suggestion)

gatzoo5505
04-22-2016, 04:52 PM
As i said, you do listen us. I saw so many good features in the summary post. But releasing those stuff by priority would be great, isn't it?

Why take such a defensive position about criticisms? Without criticisms there can be no true progress. We are just trying to point out wats wrong with the game in hopes someone would listen.

elitwarrio
04-22-2016, 04:55 PM
I just dont understand why new gear realised only for farm new maps? Why pvpers players would farm it? And still waiting the answer if pieces lootable by bosses are in elite maps or normals.

Justg
04-22-2016, 04:56 PM
Why take such a defensive position about criticisms? Without criticisms there can be no true progress. We are just trying to point out wats wrong with the game in hopes someone would listen.

That's just it. We are listening. It should be obvious over the last few weeks. When you continue to act like we are not, there can be no progress because you don't see that we are working towards the same thing.

So hopefully now the OP understands that we are listening.

iiy
04-22-2016, 07:11 PM
I like how game is now, yes yes I liked more how game was before this but, I think they should launch more powerful gear almost ungetable so we will keep playing just to buy it, but non making it just for the richest people, launch it at EVENTS for Top winners, like Shady and Nightshade was, it was just awesome, more rarities from events like Original Jester that was given away to random players, right now I have nothing to work for I have the most powerfuls and shiny items in game, all arcane new pets, but if I were a new player I had no way to get it cause there is no way to earn gold, just Merching and you need a high budget to merch. I GOT ALL WHAT I WANTED TO HAVE WITHOUT PAYING PLATINUM, and that's one of the reasons why I love this game, We don't "Pay To Win". Btw thanks JustG for caring about game in these bad times that Remiem gave to us.

Niixed
04-22-2016, 07:46 PM

Shackie. Please.

P2W would destroy AL faster than anything else STS could do. Almost every mmo across the board is moving closer to the hybrid p2p/f2p model, which you'd know if you actually paid any attention to the industry. STS was trying to follow that model as well. They weren't trying to make things hard on plat players, they were trying to adapt to a fast changing market. You act like it would be rainbows, sparkles and unicorns if STS just listened to you, but the title of your thread is basically recommending that STS commit suicide. gg, bruh.

It's also not an *amazing discovery* thaty STS wasn't listening as closely as they could have been. They were busy taking a chance on developing another game they had hoped would make money. Some gambles pay off, some don't. Now, they're taking another gamble on reviving this game and I, for one, am grateful. You'd probably be surprised how far gratitude, patience and kindness will get you. I hope everyone is paying attention to that.

So... yeah, I would hope that STS is selective about the advice they follow and I also hope they pay close, close attention to the spirit in which it is conveyed.

gatzoo5505
04-22-2016, 08:04 PM
Well I am a season 1 player, I've been thru the highs and currently experiencing the lows of AL. I could login for a few hrs back then and felt accomplished when I logout for the nite. We were able to farm elite maps tin hope of looting a couple of legendary items that can net us several millions in gold. The current state of AL feels like a grindfest, we are looting coins and low end jewels so we can craft till our minds explode into pieces.

I dun understand this new approach of AL where everyone feels like they are entitled to arcane pets/items. Having an arcane even a mythic item used to mean something, now its trash. I never minded when players were willing to spend hard earn cash to get ahead in game. If they are willing to support the game with their cash the better. I'm sure there r still. a few legit cash spenders in game but a majority are plat farmers. As long these plat offers continue to exist it will continue to go down this path.

Binlaggin
04-22-2016, 08:10 PM
Well I am a season 1 player, I've been thru the highs and currently experiencing the lows of AL. I could login for a few hrs back then and felt accomplished when I logout for the nite. We were able to farm elite maps tin hope of looting a couple of legendary items that can net us several millions in gold. The current state of AL feels like a grindfest, we are looting coins and low end jewels so we can craft till our minds explode into pieces.

I dun understand this new approach of AL where everyone feels like they are entitled to arcane pets/items. Having an arcane even a mythic item used to mean something, now its trash. I never minded when players were willing to spend hard earn cash to get ahead in game. If they are willing to support the game with their cash the better. I'm sure there r still. a few legit cash spenders in game but a majority are plat farmers. As long these plat offers continue to exist it will continue to go down this path.

You took the words right out of my mouth

Kaziscate
04-22-2016, 09:00 PM
How will the new sets be a help in "new ELITE" underhaul maps without any immunity to stuns, DoTs, slows, etc??? Gonna need more than +200 health and +200 armor(full set equipped)(probably still not that different from what you get from arcane ring and planar pendant combo) to get through elite underhaul mobs IMO..........

The set bonus will help out a lot. Let's analyze how strong this updated set bonus is.
1. The damage is +30. That is the equivalent of having all your slots being all mythic/arcane and having an Exquisite Chaos Jewel filling up every slot of those items.
2.The health bonus is 700+60str. That is 870 more health than what the Rendtail Ring provides.
3.Primary stat wise, it provides 12 more primary stat than Rendtail Ring (if equipped at lvl 41-46)
4.Compared to the arcane ring Int,Str,Dex stat wise, its 17 more than the arcane ring.
5.Armor wise,that is almost 3x more than Rendail Ring.

I am comparing this to the Rendtail Ring because it was an item that lasted 2 1/2 expansions,and if you think about it,its stats were like having an item set. Also the Antignome set will receive an upgrade quest. At the end of the quest,the set bonus will be doubled.

Java
04-23-2016, 01:37 AM
That's just it. We are listening. It should be obvious over the last few weeks. When you continue to act like we are not, there can be no progress because you don't see that we are working towards the same thing.

So hopefully now the OP understands that we are listening.
Justg...thanks. In case you don't hear it enough. Thank you to the ppl behind the scenes working hard on the game I love. If I could find a mouth on it, I'd 'french' it.

To the community...bring solutions....not problems.

Shackler
04-23-2016, 01:43 AM
Shackie. Please.

P2W would destroy AL faster than anything else STS could do. Almost every mmo across the board is moving closer to the hybrid p2p/f2p model, which you'd know if you actually paid any attention to the industry. STS was trying to follow that model as well. They weren't trying to make things hard on plat players, they were trying to adapt to a fast changing market. You act like it would be rainbows, sparkles and unicorns if STS just listened to you, but the title of your thread is basically recommending that STS commit suicide. gg, bruh.

It's also not an *amazing discovery* thaty STS wasn't listening as closely as they could have been. They were busy taking a chance on developing another game they had hoped would make money. Some gambles pay off, some don't. Now, they're taking another gamble on reviving this game and I, for one, am grateful. You'd probably be surprised how far gratitude, patience and kindness will get you. I hope everyone is paying attention to that.

So... yeah, I would hope that STS is selective about the advice they follow and I also hope they pay close, close attention to the spirit in which it is conveyed.

Thread was about back and then. Not just p2w. I just mentioned that in the end of my post lol. Idk why g thought this is a more accurate title.

Greatankush
04-23-2016, 02:55 AM
Why the **** are you ruining my life? I got nothing else to do !

Niixed
04-23-2016, 07:28 AM
Thread was about back and then. Not just p2w. I just mentioned that in the end of my post lol. Idk why g thought this is a more accurate title.

You aren't reading between the lines, bro. Justg is telling you things gonna get good again now that he and the old school devs are in charge of AL again. You attack this update as 'the worst,' but he's saying he had no choice if AL is gonna get fixed properly. Also, it ain't the worst at all, you're just being dramatic. Have you tried the new PvP map? He's also saying he's sorry about the way things have gone and he's upset about it too, but you missed that as well. READ BETWEEN THE LINES!

Kujimasun
04-26-2016, 01:21 AM
Hello everyone

Last night devs released an update which people were looking forward to. When it released i did really disappointed. Was this really the "huge update"? After a year of completely bad season for Arcane Legends, devs have begun caring about the community's requests n wishes. I really expected a really good content from this update.

I'll talk about the past and today of Arcane Legends but when i started playing Arcane Legends, level cap was 26 and after a few weeks cap 31 came so i cant talk about 26 and previous caps.
At 31 cap mythic items were really expensive for a new player. Affording them was nearly impossible.(I dont even talk about arcanes lol) But there were legendary gears that are good enough. We had mythic pet slag that could be obtained via platinums and it was an op pet. We had opportunities to earn money. Farming oltgar for entombed hammers(200-500k value) or locks(10-13k) in kraken mines. I could do pvp with legendary gears.

When we came to 36 cap, mythics became cheap but devs gave players opportunity of upgrading mythics for not to aggrieve players who paid tons of gold for those mythics in 26 and 31 caps. This decrease in prices was good for poor players as well. They could afford mythics then. Everyone was happy. We had opportunities to earn money in 36 cap as well. Locks and oltgar were still there and also there was arena to farm elite golden puzzleboxes.(100k value) Devs released 36 level mythic weapons then. But didn't put them in locks with a really high chance of loot and fullfill the game with them. So there was economy back then. These were just alternatives to arcane weapons.

Then there was 41 cap. It wasn't good at all in the beginning. Devs released arcane rings that are much more rarer than the rings in LOTR trilogy lol. Maybe only %1 of players had those rings. Because it was "arcane". Arcane items and pets are supposed the "incredibly rare" as mentioned under arcane pets in stable so community weren't whining about this situation. Ridicilously we still had same farming opportunities; oltgar and kraken mines lol. Devs released event system back then. Finally we had something different. Those events were fun and profitable for everyone. After halloween event, devs released planar arena and tombs that were the best things released in AL history. Of course this is my opinion but you would agree with me if you have looted 4x planar pendant recipes when they were 20m for each recipe. Imagine it. I became rich af from poorness in just a few weeks. I was really happy. I still didn't have an arcane ring tho.. Lol

Devs released 46 cap and made a change in game which looks like a little thing but was huge and caused game die; new locks. New rengol locks came with a strange loot ratio. Arcane rings were down to 7-8m from 60-70m. Of course prices of arcane/mythic items that belongs to previous cap start falling down in the beginning of new caps. But this %80~90 fall was not normal. I realized that game was dying at that moment. At least nothing was free and we still had to farm for gears and money. With another aspect, this was not bad for the game. Everyone could afford best gears. Pvp was more competitive.
New glintstone sets wete another sign of the death of AL. As a warrior i was happy because of my situation. Finally we were getting the second real op stuff since 31 cap(maul of ollerus). 3 seasons and sts had decided to care about warrior. We still needed buff tho. Thats why i hadnt care about rogues and mages. Their sets were useless.

We got new mythic weapons during winter event. Warrior weapon could make us beat rogues in 1v1. After only a month devs released new arcane weapons. Why did i pay 6m to get new mythic weapon and sell for 1.5m just after a month? Why did i waste my money? Because devs wanted so.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?296942-eCONOMY

Please check Titanium's post.. He explained briefly how the economy works in AL..

After a few months sts has done the mistake that accelerated the death of AL; sns in locks. Dream pet of all AL players.. Everyone could get it. Imagine the players who worked really hard during 2014 ursoth event to get this pet.. Day and night.. Hours and hours of farm.. Many many people chasing the double... They got it and sts promised that this pet will NEVER come back. Sns owners were happy. They were rewarded for their efforts... So what sts did? They didn't keep their promise.

Well.. Last nights update was the worst one.
Devs released a new completely useless and pointless "set". It's not even 56 level lol. It's useless because its point is "you have to farm new maps to obtain this set and use it not to get stunned while farming new maps for nothing". Really? Is this a paradox or troll? Im not even talking about turning our "expensive" glintstone sets into 900 coins which is not even enough to get 1 out of 4 materials to craft new set's armor. You guys will need to farm 4000 coins to get this useless armor. Or pay 8m for 4k coins. Even after hard work or paying 8m gold, there is chance that not getting the best armor for your class. Will is the best one for warrior but what if i get grace?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160422/fa24ad257bb625c4005b067a0abb5b6e.jpg

About another useless piece of this set : amulet. You said it'll come from gold heretic chest. Have you guys ever checked whats in these chest? Well there are 145 items belong to each "rarity". Yes you heard right. 145 legendaries, 145 rares and 145 epics. And 3 set items. Basic math; your chance of looting this useless "one of these amulets" is 1/145.

Lets say you have worked hard or paid to get this set and completed all 5 pcs. What you're gonna do;
Pve player
Chill in towns or just dont play because there is nothing left to farm.
Pvp player
This set is not for pvp. Good luck to all warriors with their broken juggs :)

So sts devs.. Please explain me what happened to this game. What is the point of these useless stuff.. Game became playable only for the ppl who never goes out, have no life etc. IMO an MMORPG game should be "pay to win". I have so many friends quitting game right now because there are no pay to win options and they have a life to deal with. I had about 50m in the beginning of 46 cap and now what? i have only 150k. Please bring back economy to the game. Please stop releasing useless stuff every week to cause people lose their money.

History repeats itself. I pretty much said the same thing in December. I can see that your post is out of frustration and not anger. But you have to remember that all the things happening in the game right now are what some individuals ( not all) have been asking for. I've sat back and watched for quite some time the amount of demands, threats, etc heaped upon STS and now that it is here most people are not happy with STS. That blame is severely misplaced. I brought this up before in the Nerf Nekro thread that I don't know how STS can ever win: if they give or don't give what's asked, they lose. No one ever goes back to chastise the individuals who makes references to other games over, and over, and over. Then when an element is used everyone is up and arms?!

I'm going to politely reiterate what many others are saying I regularly play with that have drastically cut their playing time. We do not have the time to farm 5+ hours, especially since said farming is going to cost a fortune in pots and feeding pets. On top of that there is a possibility of the items found are bound to the character. I'm a plat buyer because I don't have time to play hours on end and I'm mature enough to understand a company needs money to run.

i beg to disagree. i completed my set in a matter of 3 weeks, just hardcore farming for around 4-5 hours daily. just imagine how much fangs you can get for farming the whole day. i didn't buy ang fangs either. you just need the right pt to farm with you

I'm sorry as a person with a family and work, I don't have that kind of time to farm and I'm sure others don't as well. I like playing Arcane legends, but dedicating that amount of time is not feasible if you have real life responsibilities.

EdePlays
04-26-2016, 09:05 AM
I dont agree completely but if you meant with paytowin that there should be platinum sales alot more often than i would agree.

Kujimasun
04-26-2016, 11:54 AM
I dont agree completely but if you meant with paytowin that there should be platinum sales alot more often than i would agree.
What good is a platinum sale if there's no reason to open crates?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk