PDA

View Full Version : How STG Could Make Elite Scaling Relevant: Set Gear

Zeus
04-22-2016, 08:58 AM
Hello,

So, the release of the set gear got me thinking on ways how all elite maps could be relevant. First off, the new Glintstone/Underhul set needs a slight buff, otherwise it's just not worth farming for it. So please, developers, make it happen. As of right now, it still does not feel like gear progression.

Now that we got that out of the way, onto the good stuff:

1. In order for this idea to work, the timer to insert jewels needs to be removed or severely reduced.
2. All elite campaigns should have a set of specific gear for that campaign that is designed in the way so that using that specific gear is the most efficient way to run a map.
3. These specific sets of gear should be farmable and should be distributed in a similar manner that the new Antignome set is being distributed.

This way, if people want to run a map in the most efficient way possible, they need to have the set gear for that campaign. Jewels will not be an issue because the timer will be severely reduced/removed so that players can simply remove transfer jewels from gear to gear.

STG will make money from this because instead of just one campaign generating the most income, each specific campaign will generate income because each specific campaign has their own specific set gear.

Zeus
04-22-2016, 09:08 AM
For this to work there should be something to farm for on other elites, otherwise that sets will be waste of development noone would get them.

Meaning? I think I stated that it would have to be farmable in the elite maps of its campaign.

Dragoonclaws
04-22-2016, 09:11 AM
I also suggest the introduction of upgrade kits. Each upgrade kit is specific to a campain gear upgrade and the only way to get it is to craft it using stuff we find in that specific campain.

The upgrade kits are there to scale the set gear to the cap level.

Anti gnome, anti pirate... Anti DoT xD

Do I really need to sign this?
* ´ ¨ )
.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Dragnab

intrepd
04-22-2016, 09:15 AM
Hello,

So, the release of the set gear got me thinking on ways how all elite maps could be relevant. First off, the new Glintstone/Underhul set needs a slight buff, otherwise it's just not worth farming for it. So please, developers, make it happen. As of right now, it still does not feel like gear progression.

Now that we got that out of the way, onto the good stuff:

1. In order for this idea to work, the timer to insert jewels needs to be removed or severely reduced.
2. All elite campaigns should have a set of specific gear for that campaign that is designed in the way so that using that specific gear is the most efficient way to run a map.
3. These specific sets of gear should be farmable and should be distributed in a similar manner that the new Antignome set is being distributed.

This way, if people want to run a map in the most efficient way possible, they need to have the set gear for that campaign. Jewels will not be an issue because the timer will be severely reduced/removed so that players can simply remove transfer jewels from gear to gear.

STG will make money from this because instead of just one campaign generating the most income, each specific campaign will generate income because each specific campaign has their own specific set gear.

When u said glintstone and underhul u meant the level 46? If yes then i disagree it does not need a buff, if you are talking about the set level 52 then it does

Zeus
04-22-2016, 09:32 AM
When u said glintstone and underhul u meant the level 46? If yes then i disagree it does not need a buff, if you are talking about the set level 52 then it does

I mean the new L52 set.

Zeus
04-22-2016, 09:34 AM
Hmm so you are suggesting recursively farming the gear of that campaign to farm the map faster for... farming the gear of that map?

Yes, but isn't that the same way other farming works as well? A lot of farmers already have the gear that they need, they just do it for extra income. It could also bring some interesting tactics into record running as well.

intrepd
04-22-2016, 09:34 AM
I mean the new L52 set.
Oh then it does need a buff and its way hard to farm especially for the crafting piece you need to pay 8m for 25% chance to get the armor you want.

gatzoo5505
04-22-2016, 09:41 AM
The devs would never reduced the timer on craftting, cuz that would take away the plat factor. Personally I think this is a terrible idea cuz it sounds like a another huge grind. I would prefer if the devs can come up with another items similar to the planar pendant but the mats can be spread out to different parts of Arlor.

Tatman
04-22-2016, 10:25 AM
This can work only if all elites are scaled and new cool loot is added (other than the sets themselves). Running old maps just for these sets seems pointless to me. And it will distract devs, because designing like 10 new sets of gear is a lot of work.

Visiting
04-22-2016, 10:27 AM
Plus, while people farm, they can finish these useless 100/500/5k Elite boss/mobs aps for every map while making some serious dough. Since currently I'm trying to run these maps but I can't find any PTs for Shuyal since it costs more to run than you stand to earn

intrepd
04-22-2016, 10:38 AM
Agree every map dhould have its specific loot unlike now once the season is over new map comes on and none does the old map anymore.

MasterP
04-22-2016, 01:11 PM
anybody tried farming the older elite maps? Tindrin/shuyal? i was in a full pt today and people kept dying like crazy. 1hits. Sts have you sneakily scaled the maps without informing us? YET again...

Binlaggin
04-22-2016, 01:18 PM
We'll be buffing the stats on the set later today. Stay tuned.

This quote is from today, FYI