PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends Beta Leaderboards to be Wiped for Launch

Samhayne
07-20-2011, 05:53 PM
To present a fair playing field for everyone, we will be wiping the Leaderboards for the launch of Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles. This means that your kills and deaths will be reset to Zero.

To accompany this change, we will also be changing how PvE kills are tallied. If the monster is appropriately leveled to you, or you are otherwise gaining experience from killing it, it will count toward your kills. If you disable XP or the monster is too low level to give you XP, it will not count toward your kills. Characters who are at the level cap and gain no further experience will still gain kills from monsters who are appropriately leveled against the character. For example, a level 21 character would still gain kill counts from monsters that were level 20, even though they no longer gain experience because they are at the level cap. To recap:

Players receive no kill count if the victim can never give xp.
No kill counts granted if the victim is too low level.
Players will receive no kill counts if they have disabled xp gain.

To be clear, we are NOT wiping the Pocket Legends leaderboards. However, in the future, you can expect the change to not allow kill counts to accrue when XP is disabled to make its way to Pocket Legends.

Kraze
07-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Best news ever

Conradin
07-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Great job. I was hoping this would happen. And. Love the no xp no kills motto.

Physiologic
07-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Thank you very much guys. The Star Legends leaderboard will be a lot more truthful in that it is truly a "leaderboard," and not a board with a bunch of lv 12 characters with a 160,000:0 K/D ratio and 472,492 total kills.

CanonicalKoi
07-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Woot. Thanks so much, guys. It'll be nice to have an LB that actually means something.

Snakespeare
07-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Interesting!

So the old way to get on LB was to turn off XP in FH and grind away at low level mobs.

The new way will be to grind at level cap vs. equal level mobs.

Works for me...

Kraze
07-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Interesting!

So the old way to get on LB was to turn off XP in FH and grind away at low level mobs.

The new way will be to grind at level cap vs. equal level mobs.

Works for me...
Odd concept skill over time spent now if only elixir kills didn't count but hey it's a start

Roasty
07-20-2011, 06:22 PM
I don't care much about kills, so this works for me!

Zbooo
07-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Thank you baby Jesus, best news I've heard today.

Physiologic
07-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Perhaps the current leaders on the beta leaderboards should receive some sort of compensation for their troubles.

Silentarrow
07-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks Sam!

Ellyidol
07-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Thanks Sam, for clearing it up.

And ultimately, thank you Phys for bringing it up!

Darkfader
07-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Sounds very good. Next same for PL too. :)

Fyrce
07-20-2011, 07:11 PM
I don't much care about boards, but this sounds pretty cool. Good job devs.
And personally I thank you for SL and beta, as I'm sure many others do as well.

(Wow, the hyperventilation in the other thread... that's some board attachment being shown...)

Diodge
07-20-2011, 07:14 PM
I would like to see a second leader board for people who shut off exp to farm kills. Then add a kill counter for no exp kills. This is a major part of your other game PL. There is tons of people who like to farm kills so they look pimp at a low level. I think you might have just killed a big group of players way of playing.

.................................................. .
The low kill count was a problem in groups of PL. You would get kicked/booted. I wonder how this will play out?

I guess you choose the smaller group to make mad. The small group is alot of people who never played. They came from major droid pages. I hope it works out.

((((I hope the people who are upset they got a death are happy now.))))
I know im happy. This will keep the begs off.

... This stinks . First it was apple/droid not playing complaining in PL. Now in SL this is the new complaint. PLEASE drop the game already to stop the bs. Im dieing for my buddies to join. Then we will see farming . LoL

Flowman
07-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Perhaps the current leaders on the beta leaderboards should receive some sort of compensation for their troubles.
Why? Playing more than other people doesn't deserve a reward. You can argue they were more efficient and made better use of their time, but it was their decision to stick with one character and farm kills.

Physiologic
07-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Trying to balance the yin with the yang, flow.

JaytB
07-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks Physio, everybody should know that you brought this on the radar ;)

Thanks devs for listening to community feedback. It are these things that keep me playing your games :) A great implementation indeed :D

Slush
07-20-2011, 07:29 PM

Yes please :(

dcichoracki
07-20-2011, 07:31 PM

The point of beta testing seems to have been lost. They should get what every other tester does: the thanks of STS dev team. Beta testing isn't about glory or leaderboards, it's about helping work out the kinks; and, devs, thanks for the opportunity to help out, I've enjoyed it!

Flowman
07-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Trying to balance the yin with the yang, flow.
what about the yong?

Give them a vanity hat that says "DETHRONED" on it

Sworn
07-20-2011, 07:35 PM
lol and wut about the b*ng? u all know wut i mean... Ne ways Great news..

Wretch
07-20-2011, 08:41 PM
The point of beta testing seems to have been lost. They should get what every other tester does: the thanks of STS dev team. Beta testing isn't about glory or leaderboards, it's about helping work out the kinks; and, devs, thanks for the opportunity to help out, I've enjoyed it!

Could not have said that better! Just wish I was able to partake in the testing, but it is what it is.

My main wish... Not just with STS, but in everyday life as well... Is that people need to stop being greedy self absorbant _____ and want compensation and recognition for every little action they perform.... Instead, actually do something productive and beneficial to EVERYONE without batting an eye, and be more than grateful that one person in a million took the time to say....

"thank you"

End rant.... Sorry!

Lucilulu
07-20-2011, 08:53 PM
To present a fair playing field for everyone, we will be wiping the Leaderboards for the launch of Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles. This means that your kills and deaths will be reset to Zero.

To accompany this change, we will also be changing how PvE kills are tallied. If the monster is appropriately leveled to you, or you are otherwise gaining experience from killing it, it will count toward your kills. If you disable XP or the monster is too low level to give you XP, it will not count toward your kills. Characters who are at the level cap and gain no further experience will still gain kills from monsters who are appropriately leveled against the character. For example, a level 21 character would still gain kill counts from monsters that were level 20, even though they no longer gain experience because they are at the level cap. To recap:

To be clear, we are NOT wiping the Pocket Legends leaderboards. However, in the future, you can expect the change to not allow kill counts to accrue when XP is disabled to make its way to Pocket Legends.

IMO only one side of this issue is being looked at when there is another seperate issue here. Should leader boards be reset? For argument sake I'll say yes. But separate from wether or not this is this case, by resetting u must address another issue. By resetting as shown above many players may have used man plat and elixirs and cannot use them now as things begin to count. With that being said, SAM, please answer this, why were elixirs, and plat for that matter, even allowed in the first place if things like this were going to happen (there definitely was not a buyer beware popup every time u bought an elixir or purchased plat and took our money) I will have no issue buying plat in the future and continue to guzle elixirs, but if the answer is "sorry buyer beware" or "haha we got you" I would really like to hear this from you. (no not other players, SAM please) I have money and plenty of resources and this will have no effect on me, but there are others who have spent money and these types of things are important to them who are know faced with an unfair disadvantage. Just feel this is being overlooked. I am done talking about this and will comment on it no further.

Dopeydaddy
Lucilulu

ThisGuy0502
07-20-2011, 08:59 PM
I like this news but i dont like it... beacuase i really truly worked hard to get on the leadeboards :p... but i had a lot of deaths lol so thats good :D.. i say its the smart thing to do tho lolz...

Wretch
07-20-2011, 09:08 PM
What does spending plat have anything to do with the topic at hand?

Yes ____ (I, you, they, whoever) spent plat which is real money on what we WANTED!!!, we were in no way shape or form forced to spend it!

As stated by the devs, only the K/D and all leaderboards are being wiped for full release (I think this is fair, the point of beta is to find bugs, give feedback, and make the game better and smoother when it goes into full release, it was in my opinion an EXTREMELY nice gesture of the devs to allow those involved to keep their progress (most beta testers get everything wiped, a free copy of the game, and a small token... And start over like they never played)).

Sorry for mini rant, but plat spent is still going to be there...

Wretch
07-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Sorry for double post... But can only fit so much on phone....

Elixers are enhancers... Enhance YOUR gaming experience, leveling, killing, defending, running, etc, etc, etc....

I think elixers and farming should be excluded fro
LB, that nice title( that I personally will NEVER be on) should be that of one persons true actions performed without the aid of any outside force....

Moogerfooger
07-20-2011, 09:25 PM
IMO only one side of this issue is being looked at when there is another seperate issue here. Should leader boards be reset? For argument sake I'll say yes. But separate from wether or not this is this case, by resetting u must address another issue. By resetting as shown above many players may have used man plat and elixirs and cannot use them now as things begin to count. With that being said, SAM, please answer this, why were elixirs, and plat for that matter, even allowed in the first place if things like this were going to happen (there definitely was not a buyer beware popup every time u bought an elixir or purchased plat and took our money) I will have no issue buying plat in the future and continue to guzle elixirs, but if the answer is "sorry buyer beware" or "haha we got you" I would really like to hear this from you. (no not other players, SAM please) I have money and plenty of resources and this will have no effect on me, but there are others who have spent money and these types of things are important to them who are know faced with an unfair disadvantage. Just feel this is being overlooked. I am done talking about this and will comment on it no further.

Dopeydaddy
Lucilulu

Although you have a valid point of view (and thought the same myself) as someone pointed out that this was a BETA release in order to find bugs, make suggestions, etc. If you chose to spend plat on items in a beta test, that is your own choice but it still doesn't change the fact that it was a beta or test/debug release. Yes, I agree that STS could have made that point a little more clear, but at the end of the day the elixirs and plat gear were choices, not forced upon anyone.

Once upon a time I was part of beta testing for Halo 2 Xbox Live, and guess what? After the test was up and the launch happened, all stats were wiped and gear reset...everything. At least STS is letting you keep your gear and levels.

Wretch
07-20-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm jealous of halo beta!!! Please can I touch you?!?! Lol jk!!

STS in my view has and will keep doing the right thing...

No way no how will everyone agree, we each have our own, and just like our rear end they usually stink to everybody but ourselves! Lol

To all those in beta... Be glad you get to keep your progress and were able to take part of the building process of what will be an epic game!

My opinion (which stinks)... Those complaining about what happens after beta.... Were not part of true beta testers, yes they may have pointed out bugs, but I don't think they were actively looking for them.... If they were, they would not be whining about how unfair it is that certain things will not be kept and they will not be rewarded...

True beta testers (you know who your are).... Actually TOOK the TIME to explore every minute detail and aspect of every little detail of every level, clicked on every inch, tried to walk through every wall, all the while not worrying who has what or who is first.... The tried and true, are the ones that care about the game and what it can be!

Lesrider
07-20-2011, 09:59 PM
That's why it's so laughable to talk about rewards for beta testers (or the "Founders"). Yes, some help find bugs. But many were just there to play the game and let others deal with the reporting. To say that they all equally deserve to be rewarded is preposterous, bc many already got their reward already by getting a head start (even if they didn't report a single bug).

Moogerfooger
07-20-2011, 10:03 PM
That's why it's so laughable to talk about rewards for beta testers (or the "Founders"). Yes, some help find bugs. But many were just there to play the game and let others deal with the reporting. To say that they all equally deserve to be rewarded is preposterous, bc many already got their reward already by getting a head start (even if they didn't report a single bug).

Let it go. That was not a B-E-T-A pre-release launch. I think most people would be okay with devs giving the SL beta testers some sort of reward someday.

Kraze
07-20-2011, 10:09 PM

Dopeydaddy
Lucilulu
Um you did get to keep your xp all your drops and all your gold as well as get to play the game weeks in advance

davidis57
07-20-2011, 10:40 PM

I would agree only if they got those kills honestly. If they kill boosted no. STS is not required to compensate players. Sometimes they do to be fair but I think there was too much kill farming going on.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20

Gluttony
07-20-2011, 11:22 PM

So no kills count no matter what if xp is disabled? So I'm a level 51 farming for pinks in BS, the enemies are higher level than I am and the "victim" could give xp, but I won't get a kill simply because xp is disabled? That seems a bit harsh simply to stop boosters, but if that is the new direction of the game I have officially lost all motivation to play. The farming of scaled BS pinks was keeping me going, but if I don't even get a kill for doing something that is harder than normal what's the point?!

Conradin
07-20-2011, 11:25 PM
And such is the problem with an open beta- the point of the beta is to find bugs and issues so the full game is released smoothly (as they said above ;) ^) and not tk rack up tons of gold or kills and try to get a huge headstart on LB beofre its released. I saw many, many, great testers that posted issues and bugs in here that went into patches. That deserves a big thanks from the community IMO. But i think thats all the beta testers should recieve. Since this is an open beta you either reward all or none. The xp, gold and the awesome opportunity to test SL is a great reward. And for the reason of plat being in it, Sts isn't exactly doing this just for fun, they need $ to support million dollar technology and earn $. Also the platnium purchase items, and upgradable chars was being tested in thr beta.

P.s. As for lesrider, your righg most PL founders did not report bugs or issues. I know i didn't, I was just a noob like most of us, trying to figure it out. Yet we stuck through lag, rough gameplay, and durastic changesthat make GCD look tame. :)

End of Rant.

CappinClutch
07-20-2011, 11:27 PM
I'm pretty much happy with this game...no complaints.

Slush
07-21-2011, 12:30 AM

Samhayne CLEARLY stated pre-release that all data would be transfered to the real game and that the beta would be a soft launch. I highly doubt anyone would farm for kills the way that they did if it would mean nothing two weeks later. I know it wasn't a legal promise or anything, but a heads up before the beta would have been nice instead of telling us when the actual game is just around the corner.

arischal
07-21-2011, 05:41 AM
My other. Question is the warning they just put on the load screen about all player data being reset. Does this mean all purchased gear, implants, and larger inventory spots are being erased along with character levels? That would be more like erasing all the apple player's data before the android release happened. Its not fair. Tell me if I read this wrong (I might have)

Samhayne
07-21-2011, 07:11 AM
My other. Question is the warning they just put on the load screen about all player data being reset. Does this mean all purchased gear, implants, and larger inventory spots are being erased along with character levels? That would be more like erasing all the apple player's data before the android release happened. Its not fair. Tell me if I read this wrong (I might have)

We do not have plans at this time to adjust anything further than erasing the K/D stats.

Acyer
07-21-2011, 07:15 AM
As top commando in pve kills at lvl 21 I'm glad you guys are doing this. All my kills was earned farming stim packs and credits. I welcome the challenge of ios and other droid users, but be warned its not gonna be easy :). Also the whole beta tester or leader board reward don't bother we got enough of a reward testing the game and keeping are toons. See you guys in game and can't wait for the ios and other droids to join us.

Gnॐ
07-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Did they really beta test, as in submitting bugs? Or did they just play? They could have any unprotected name they wanted. Maybe they should have to wait two weeks while the rest of us catch up. They got plenty of compensation.

JulsAngel
07-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Hello guys!

Im a beta tester in Star Legends, let me say game run smooth, Like it!. Sometimes it flickers but hey probably is my phone. Thx android for lettng us try the game. Can wait for full release on ipad. It promisses lotz of new adventure.

Thx Spacetime Studios.

JulsAngel - Operative

Acyer
07-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Did they really beta test, as in submitting bugs? Or did they just play? They could have any unprotected name they wanted. Maybe they should have to wait two weeks while the rest of us catch up. They got plenty of compensation.

Sure did get my name and also found 4 major bugs / glitches and played the game. Just feel you guys are holding a grudge on us beta testers. It has to stop not are fault apple doesn't approve unfinished apps, if anything go to apple forums and complain to them. Some of us actually found bugs and glitches while othees played no biggie that how they choose their way to test. Feel an apple vs android battle pursuing again.

Lesrider
07-21-2011, 11:10 AM
That's the thing. I (and I'm sure others)question the need for a beta in the first place. PL had bugs and continues to have bugs after every update/patch. There was never a beta but Apple accepted it anyway. We the players just pointed out bugs while playing. So you're going to tell me that STS's second game, which likely would be much more polished on release than PL simply because they already have a sound foundation with PL to work off of, wouldn't be accepted by Apple without first having a droid beta? Sorry, don't buy it.

Yvonnel
07-21-2011, 11:18 AM
I think that the decision was so that when lord knows how many people download the full version that it is a little bettet polished for everyone. There have been a ton of bugs, both small and large found through the beta that have been corrected.

judgementbow
07-21-2011, 11:36 AM
That's the thing. I (and I'm sure others)question the need for a beta in the first place. PL had bugs and continues to have bugs after every update/patch. There was never a beta but Apple accepted it anyway. We the players just pointed out bugs while playing. So you're going to tell me that STS's second game, which likely would be much more polished on release than PL simply because they already have a sound foundation with PL to work off of, wouldn't be accepted by Apple without first having a droid beta? Sorry, don't buy it.

Ok so the game is released to everyone and someone finds a major bug that needs a new client update to be fixed. That's another 1-2 weeks just to make sure the new client works. During beta these types of bugs are supposed to be a lot easier to fix and test. That's the reason that I remember from the devs. There's plenty of information on this that's been provided.

Cascade
07-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Everyone who is flaming us for being able to beta test knock it off please we have already beta tested they arnt gunna shut the beta down just because you guys are whining so might as well stop there is nothing you can do but wait and be patience.

Flowman
07-21-2011, 11:48 AM

First off, here's a tissue.

Gears of War 3 had a beta. A rather long beta. Same people made Gears of War 2. But why not just release Gears 3 right away right? I mean let's just find the bugs while we're playing on Live and submit them and everything will be fine wooooo!!!. Then let's have thousands of angry people complaining constantly about bugs and glitches and how they can't play because the servers are down. Definitely a great strategy.

Or, we can have a beta period where things are tested, rewards are limited, and bugs and glitches are found to make the game more enjoyable for everyone else to play upon release. The game wasn't accepted by Apple because they don't accept incomplete apps. If they did, then there would be a beta period on iOS as well. Stop your whining, grow a pair, and deal with it. There's more things to do in the world than sit in front of your phone screen.

Or you can just go get an Android phone.

Diodge
07-21-2011, 11:51 AM
apple guild vs android guild? lmao JK jk JK

sts will never ever get away from this battle... Then when pc hits. Oh my

Flowman
07-21-2011, 11:55 AM
apple guild vs android guild? lmao JK jk JK
Could happen, but knowing Apple they'll make you pay 1.29 to start a guild., not be able to back up the information, and then crash and make you rebuy access *cough* iTunes *cough*

Lesrider
07-21-2011, 11:56 AM
First off, I don't care that much. I'm not even sure I'll play much when it does come out.
I'm just so tired of hearing how much hard work the beta testers did and how they deserve to be rewarded for their troubles. They played a game. They happened to have the right phone that allowed them to do so earlier. Let's give them all Nobel prizes for that. And throw a party in their name. Oh and don't forget to give them an advantage with an item that no one else will ever be able to get.

Because they played a game.

I don't care so much that I'm not playing. But don't insult my intelligence by telling me that It's Apple's fault that I'm not playing at the same time as others.

Gnॐ
07-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Not hatin on anyone. Just sayin they got their compensation.

Apple not clearing a beta? It was release 1.0, not beta. Look at the release notes. Beta is less than 1. Back away from the koolaid.

Flowman
07-21-2011, 12:08 PM
I will insult your intelligence then, because it is Apple's fault. If they accepted incompleted applications, you'd be playing right now.
Posted in April 2011, a company was trying to get beta testers to use an app called "Okawix" which I guess is an offline wikipedia browser for AOS and iOS. Here is what they reported shortly after.
"Many happy owners of Android, iPad or iPhone devices offered to help, and we are very grateful to them. Thank you very much!
Sadly things didn’t turn out the way we expected, and we had to give up this idea The main reason is that it was not really possible to set up the beta test for the iPad and iPhone version: if we we want to test our application, we must first make it available on the Apple store; but Apple doesn’t accept beta versions on its Apple Store… A bit hard to understand. How can we improve the software and correct the bugs if we can’t have beta testers to use it? Well, there’s something I can’t really understand… I think something is wrong with their policy. I understand the will of Apple to ensure to their users the best possible quality. But then they should find a way to offer the possibility to test beta versions…"

There you go. Apple even now has a "squatter period" of 90 days for applications submitted to their store. The people who submit them had been spamming the store with every possible idea for "iThis" or "iThat" or "_______ Sync" hoping developers would buy the name and make the application. Apple imposed the 90 day period that if a binary file isnt uploaded and the application made in 90 days, the app gets deleted. That's for apps that aren't even MADE yet. Their TOS 100% says no betas. This is a beta.

Good Fight. Good Day. Game, Set, Match.

Gnॐ
07-21-2011, 12:16 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/00/VersionNumbers.svg

Put down the koolaid.

Kraze
07-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Could happen, but knowing Apple they'll make you pay 1.29 to start a guild., not be able to back up the information, and then crash and make you rebuy access *cough* iTunes *cough*
And the droid one would have malware and max it's members credit cards on eBay...look this is first beta I can recall where the testers got to keep anything. The idea of needing to be rewarded is silly. The reward is getting is getting to play the game early. It's not like a year ago sts told people "if you stick around for a year we will give you a helm guaranteed to get you flammed." said it before getting to keep levels (if you used elixirs you got your value here even if kills are cleared) and items and gold is a HUGE advantage and you should be happy with what you have.

Lesrider
07-21-2011, 12:23 PM
And I'll point you back to the fact that Apple accepted PL when it was in an even less developed state than SL. SL right now is only a beta bc STS is calling it so. If they truly wanted to release the game at the same time on all devices, they could have done so. That obviously was not part of their plan. And btw, not even all Droid users could get in on the beta, so please stop pulling this crap. It has nothing to do with which phones would allow it, but which phones/companies STS decided to release to earlier. It's an exclusive, not a beta. What World of Midgard is coming out with is a beta. Last I read of it, there isn't even much to do in their game yet besides walk around and find bugs. But PL is a full-fledged game just as (or moreso) than PL was when it first came out.

Edit: Btw, have you had to download any updates yet or they were all patches? Since the notes have been all patches, I'm guessing you haven't had to download anything but a patch since the initial download of the game. So same thing could have been done with Apple. Most of their bug fixes in PL have gone through patches, so to say we would all have to wait two weeks for Apple to approve bug fixes is again pretending like this is the first game STS has made for mobile devices. We have seen how it their games/updates/patches are maintained and trying to fool me into thinking otherwise is not going to work.

romgar1
07-21-2011, 12:35 PM
That's right les. Spacetime used the best and simplest option to limit the people playing beta so they could make the game smooth for the whole crew in a few weeks. The Devs get swarmed with repeat bug reports, angry players, and questions. They needed a way to test the product without letting us all in at once. It wasn't favoritism.
As for wom, the beta now is a prebeta rarely done. They game is barely playable at this point. This is the first of three beta sessions.

judgementbow
07-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Edit: Btw, have you had to download any updates yet or they were all patches? Since the notes have been all patches, I'm guessing you haven't had to download anything but a patch since the initial download of the game. So same thing could have been done with Apple. Most of their bug fixes in PL have gone through patches, so to say we would all have to wait two weeks for Apple to approve bug fixes is again pretending like this is the first game STS has made for mobile devices. We have seen how it their games/updates/patches are maintained and trying to fool me into thinking otherwise is not going to work.

Less than a week into beta the app was submitted to apple. With nothing major hindering beta testers I'm guessing the devs found it easier to include major fixes in the new client. If there had been something that needed fixing, the devs were already poised to take care of it with the limited beta. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.
Quoted from Samhayne so the devs don't have to come explain this again:
"You guys are looking at this the wrong way. The V CAST Android players are bug testing the game. Those who play when it goes full release on Apple App Store and Android Market will benefit from the pain and suffering of all the bugs they had to endure and get to play a more polished game.

Ok, ok, all spin aside, the team is working hard to make Star Legends the best it can be, but we still want, as originally stated, the opportunity to fix bugs with a limited soft launch. We can't do that on Apple's App Store, so we're partnering with Verizon to do it via the V CAST Media Manager. I feel like you guys are looking for some sinister reason we're tormenting iOS players. That is not our intention at all. As JustG stated earlier in the thread, if we could do a limited beta through Apple we would. But we can't. Thanks in advance for your understanding. "

This and every variation of this answer can be found here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?29393-Star-Legends-Poised-For-Limited-Android-Beta-on-Verizon-V-CAST

StompArtist
07-21-2011, 12:40 PM
We having an argument over the definition of a beta? LOL

Snakespeare
07-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Go back and read dipstick

Whether you are right or wrong about anything else, you are wrong to call names. If you have a valid point, then this only muddies it up. I know. I do it myself. It's not a wise maneuver.

Flowman
07-21-2011, 12:57 PM
long quotes flooding page

Lets look at it this way.
Apple doesn't accept unfinished apps. Could this app have been submitted as a ready-to-sell app: probably, since PL was.
Android accepts unfinished apps.
Verizon Wireless's relatively new app store, VCast, accepts unfinished apps, does it quickly, and from what I was reading, is the current best choice for developers seeking feedback on games.

You Apple people think you're being shafted? What about the Android users who can't play the game yet? They have the right phones...just not the right provider. STS is smart and got their game approved by the easiest and most beneficial company. By releasing a 'beta' to a smaller audience, they get more consistent bug reports opposed to thousands of people spamming about how they died and want more money or how they want to fly around on magic carpets and shoot laser beams from their eyes.

To end my award winning argument: Could this game have been released on all markets? Yep. Would it have been buggy as all hell? Yep. We're 2 weeks in and still having problems. Was releasing the game to the easiest market first to allow a trial period to fix the game and get it running better so when everyone plays it's not crashing every 15 minutes and theres pandaemonium on the forums? You bet.

You want to play the game all buggy? Be my guest. I'll tell you one thing, it wasn't fun having to redo the same mission 400 times in a row only to learn it was glitched and wasn't completable. Or to get force closed after the end of Dead Mans cave every single time it was played. Or to have to click on a crate until my finger tips bled because there was a glitch where only a certain spot at a certain angle during a certain month of a certain year between the hours of 11 am and 11:21 am would work to open it.

I've submitted my fair share of bugs/glitches/suggestions/feedback these past 2 weeks. Probably could have had more fun playing PL. Stuck with the beta to better the game for you unappreciative whiny people. You wanna know how long it takes to get to lvl 20? Not very long. 21 was 4900 xp after 20. Upon release 21 will be 490 xp away. Items liquidate for 1, 2 or 3 credits and the most expensive item I've seen in the auction goes for like 4k. When the game releases and you can get items and they sell and liquidate for normal prices...it wont be hard to catch up.

You don't hear the people complaining who start playing this game months from now. They'll come in at lvl 1 with no experience and no idea about anything. Meanwhile we're all galavanting around with tons of money and freakin cannons on our hands. Isn't that an "unfair advantage" for them, by everyone's definition of it?

Acyer
07-21-2011, 01:06 PM
When has a beta tester asked for a reward?? I sure didn't I've seen them asking for a refund if items got wiped which they shouldn't get cause they knew it was beta. Phys was the one who started about a reward for leader boards that's all I've seen.

Samhayne
07-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Hey gang,

Please keep the discussion friendly. Forum Rules are that way if you need a refresher: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

1. Please Respect Others.
The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debating the opinion is appropriate, however criticism against the originator of the opinion is not allowed. Disrespect can be construed as flaming, trolling, harassing, profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language.

Flaming is defined as posts which are designed to personally berate or insult another.

Trolling is defined as deliberately posting derogatory, inflammatory comments/threads in order to bait other users into responding. Trolling or accusing someone of being a troll is also a form of trolling and is not permitted.

Posts similar to “Moderator Notified” or “Needs thread lock” are discouraged, as these types of posts are a form of trolling. If a thread is in violation of the forum rules, use the notify moderator button or send a private message to a moderator or administrator directly.

Personal attacks include, but are not limited to insulting a poster directly:

Example: “You are stupid, you suck, and you should [censored].”

The above are a just few examples of behavior that is not tolerated on the forums. Basically, play nice and get along. Thanks!

Snakespeare
07-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Zero do you guys get offended when I call you all names in the guild chat :(
I'm just so immature and I hope I didn't hurt your feelings.

No. What I mean is, even if all your points are valid, you turn off the reader with your name calling, and that prejudices them against you, so you then don't convince them of anything, only inspire them to call you names right back. But, it's your choice. If you want to be known for your prowess at starting fights, or continuing them, then you are succeeding.

Oh! Sorry Sam! We posted at the same time.

octavos
07-21-2011, 01:39 PM
yay, problem solved :D

Lesrider
07-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Why was an entire page of posts deleted? Most of it was a civilized discussion.

Acyer
07-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Its just how flow is.. no I don't get offended at all. Your argument is solid and I stand by my guild players. He may have offended someone but he didn't mean it. Its just its a touchy argument about this beta.

Gnॐ
07-21-2011, 01:45 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/00/VersionNumbers.svg

Put down the koolaid.

StompArtist
07-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Beta testing at it's finest.

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/segway_beta.jpg

Physiologic
07-21-2011, 03:39 PM
When has a beta tester asked for a reward?? I sure didn't I've seen them asking for a refund if items got wiped which they shouldn't get cause they knew it was beta. Phys was the one who started about a reward for leader boards that's all I've seen.

I only said it because I felt bad for being partially responsible for having the whole leaderboard-being-wiped-thing happen.

Acyer
07-21-2011, 03:52 PM
I only said it because I felt bad for being partially responsible for having the whole leaderboard-being-wiped-thing happen.
na its cool bud I wasn't trying call u out or anything. Just saying where I saw anything about a reward.

arischal
07-22-2011, 11:09 AM
We do not have plans at this time to adjust anything further than erasing the K/D stats.
Thanks Sam! I freaked for a second

MightyMicah
07-27-2011, 09:26 PM
This is SAD. So now the people who have made twinks given them thousands of kills and earned respect from TONS of people and spent several 100,000 gold on their equips are now nothing more than "low boosters" and consequently nothing more than trash. I've been playing PL from last year in november till now. I never debated quitting the game...until now. Devs listen up. You have just caused (my guess is) several hundred people to quit PL. People like me who have taken forever to get serious kills who now are finished. Please, don't listen to these ppl who are simply jealous of hardcore players. Leave well enough alone. Thank You. If not, honestly, I quit.

Thasaint
07-27-2011, 10:20 PM

Okay Devs,
Please listen to me when I say that disableing the kill count for disableing experience is not a good idea.
People have been saying that "boosters should be taken out of the game" making the people who do boost sound like cheaters.
I dont see how PVE boosting is bad. In PVP, boosting is bad because you are cheating by letting yourself or other get killed for your or the other persons benefit.
In PVE we are not cheating for the reason that the mobs are attacking us, at the skill level that our character is at.
I am currently working on a new main character (because my archer is getting boring to use) and i am trying to get above my archers kill count with my mage running Crush the Keeper to beat my archers score (40k kills). If this system is disabled, this wont be as simple to accomplish, and in my opinion, it will turn some people off of the game. Thats all i have to say.

squishyoreos
07-27-2011, 10:21 PM
This is SAD. So now the people who have made twinks given them thousands of kills and earned respect from TONS of people and spent several 100,000 gold on their equips are now nothing more than "low boosters" and consequently nothing more than trash. I've been playing PL from last year in november till now. I never debated quitting the game...until now. Devs listen up. You have just caused (my guess is) several hundred people to quit PL. People like me who have taken forever to get serious kills who now are finished. Please, don't listen to these ppl who are simply jealous of hardcore players. Leave well enough alone. Thank You. If not, honestly, I quit.I I hope you know they are referring to sl and not pl...

MightyMicah
07-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Right but the same "disabling xp" thing will be removed :,,,((((

Ellyidol
07-28-2011, 02:26 AM
This is SAD. So now the people who have made twinks given them thousands of kills and earned respect from TONS of people and spent several 100,000 gold on their equips are now nothing more than "low boosters" and consequently nothing more than trash. I've been playing PL from last year in november till now. I never debated quitting the game...until now. Devs listen up. You have just caused (my guess is) several hundred people to quit PL. People like me who have taken forever to get serious kills who now are finished. Please, don't listen to these ppl who are simply jealous of hardcore players. Leave well enough alone. Thank You. If not, honestly, I quit.

Saying that the players in the leaderboards are hardcore only justifies this move by STS more. Why?

If these players are indeed "hardcore", then when a reset happens and kills are only gained the appropriate way, then there should be no doubt that they would still climb up the leaderboards, but the appropriate way. If they are indeed, hardcore.

Kalielle
07-28-2011, 05:06 AM
Since people are so divided over the issue, how about having 2 K/D leadearboards - one for the best twinks and the other for the best regular characters? After all we have twink pvp contests, twink guilds, etc - might as well have a twink leaderboard too.

I can see arguments both for and against the new leadearboard system. On one hand, I'm kind of glad that none of my friends will shut themselves into a room by themselves with their twink and grind kills for hours and be unable to talk to anyone while they're doing it. It doesn't lead to interesting team gameplay, which is what this game is about.

But I'm also scared that a whole bunch of people will now start caring about their everyday deaths way too much, and get mad at their group whenever they die, or stay behind and refuse to take risks. I tend to cringe when someone who is working on some ratio joins my groups. Ratio grinding in teams doesn't make for patient and understanding team players. So I was rather glad that most players did their grinding on their twinks, in the privacy of their own dungeons, and didn't inflict their ambitions upon every random group who didn't sign up for having to take extra care to keep them alive.

Ellyidol
07-28-2011, 05:24 AM
Since people are so divided over the issue, how about having 2 K/D leadearboards - one for the best twinks and the other for the best regular characters? After all we have twink pvp contests, twink guilds, etc - might as well have a twink leaderboard too.

I can see arguments both for and against the new leadearboard system. On one hand, I'm kind of glad that none of my friends will shut themselves into a room by themselves with their twink and grind kills for hours and be unable to talk to anyone while they're doing it. It doesn't lead to interesting team gameplay, which is what this game is about.

But I'm also scared that a whole bunch of people will now start caring about their everyday deaths way too much, and get mad at their group whenever they die, or stay behind and refuse to take risks. I tend to cringe when someone who is working on some ratio joins my groups. Ratio grinding in teams doesn't make for patient and understanding team players. So I was rather glad that most players did their grinding on their twinks, in the privacy of their own dungeons, and didn't inflict their ambitions upon every random group who didn't sign up for having to take extra care to keep them alive.

That makes much more sense!

One Leaderboard for max level, currently 55/56, but it wipes when 60/61 implements?

Then one Leaderboard for anything below max level.

Just ideas, putting them out there.

Lesrider
07-28-2011, 05:40 AM
Why would you want it to wipe every time the level cap is raised? That doesn't make sense.

Also, talking SL, not PL here.

Ellyidol
07-28-2011, 05:42 AM
Why would you want it to wipe every time the level cap is raised? That doesn't make sense.

Also, talking SL, not PL here.

Assuming 2 Leaderboards were to be implemented.

How do you determine what twink level leaderboard versus end-game leaderboard would be?

Lesrider
07-28-2011, 05:53 AM

How do you determine what twink level leaderboard versus end-game leaderboard would be?

I don't think they have any plans to ever wipe the PL leaderboards. As for SL, wiping after every level cap raise makes no sense bc that means nothing you did in the past will ever count. Clean slate every lvl cap raise means why even bother trying at all? Might as well not have a leaderboard (which I wouldn't argue with either :P).
Doing a wipe after a beta, before much damage is done, means that every kill anyone gets will be on equal footing. You get an advantage by being around for the earlier level caps and doing your level cap farming before the level cap is raised and it gets harder. Makes more sense than anyone at anytime being able to start a new char for the sole purpose of taking a slow but easy ride to the leaderboards.

And back to PL, unless STS has a way to determine how past k/ds were acquired, I don't see how they could have two leaderboards.

Ellyidol
07-28-2011, 06:03 AM
I don't think they have any plans to ever wipe the PL leaderboards. As for SL, wiping after every level cap raise makes no sense bc that means nothing you did in the past will ever count. Clean slate every lvl cap raise means why even bother trying at all? Might as well not have a leaderboard (which I wouldn't argue with either :P).
Doing a wipe after a beta, before much damage is done, means that every kill anyone gets will be on equal footing. You get an advantage by being around for the earlier level caps and doing your level cap farming before the level cap is raised and it gets harder. Makes more sense than anyone at anytime being able to start a new char for the sole purpose of taking a slow but easy ride to the leaderboards.

And back to PL, unless STS has a way to determine how past k/ds were acquired, I don't see how they could have two leaderboards.

Agreed there, I think it's way too late if they decide to wipe PL leader boards, though if they do, can't disagree either, better really late than never :p

Haven't thought it out in detail, just threw it out there. I'm guessing that once level cap raises, the "end-game" leaderboard would be empty until xx/xx (new level cap/elite) levels would emerge. Until then, anything below that level belongs to the twink leader board. Idk, just a thought, decision of whatever kind is with STS as always anyway :)

Lesrider
07-28-2011, 06:09 AM
I suppose if they wipe after every level cap raise, we don't have to worry about those people who can't handle a death ;). But it's basically like having no leaderboards at all.

Moogerfooger
07-28-2011, 06:13 AM
I suppose if they wipe after every level cap raise, we don't have to worry about those people who can't handle a death ;). But it's basically like having no leaderboards at all.

As Yanis said, "Wait...we have leaderboards?"

Physiologic
07-28-2011, 07:04 AM

That's the price to pay if they want to be on top of the KDR leaderboards. If they care too much about their ratios, let them grind privately instead of sabotaging their own efforts by joining random groups. If they want to drag a group of friends down along with them, then I believe they will fulfill some DSM-IV criteria for OCD :banana:

I have no idea how "twinking" has become so popular in this MMO as I have never seen this phenomenon expand so much in others, but all-in-all "twinks" and "leaderboards" should be completely segregated from each other. A low-leveled 'twink" grinding endlessly at Forest Haven is not a leader.

Derajdefyre
07-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Man, those leaderboards really held the room together Dude.

razerfingers
07-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Lol lvl 20 with no kdr sounds good to me :)

Gluttony
07-28-2011, 10:52 AM
If the LB is filled with boosters then why not just get rid of the LB completely? It serves no real purpose except for self gratification. Most agree that the kdr doesn't make the player and since there is no real way to determine if the kills were farmed in FH or repeat CtK runs we can all agree that it's not impressing anyone once they find out how it's done. I know that when I had no deaths, I was accused of being a coward and just exiting the map before I could be killed; so I was booted from multiple games because of my kdr. There is never really going to be a way to prove just how the LB status was achieved, so why bother even having one?

dcichoracki
07-28-2011, 11:21 AM
If the LB is filled with boosters then why not just get rid of the LB completely? It serves no real purpose except for self gratification. Most agree that the kdr doesn't make the player and since there is no real way to determine if the kills were farmed in FH or repeat CtK runs we can all agree that it's not impressing anyone once they find out how it's done. I know that when I had no deaths, I was accused of being a coward and just exiting the map before I could be killed; so I was booted from multiple games because of my kdr. There is never really going to be a way to prove just how the LB status was achieved, so why bother even having one?

My sentiments exactly. Get rid of the thing, all it's caused is problems. I wasn't really aware there was a leaderboard until these arguments started and I started on PL before christmas.

Lesrider
07-28-2011, 11:30 AM
I've never even once looked at the leaderboards. Honestly, not even sure I know how to get to them, but I have no interest anyway. :P

Diodge
07-28-2011, 11:59 AM
xp on (one board)
xp off (second)

I have no idea how "twinking" has become so popular in this MMO as I have never seen this phenomenon expand so much in others, but all-in-all "twinks" and "leaderboards" should be completely segregated from each other. A low-leveled 'twink" grinding endlessly at Forest Haven is not a leader.

Have you ever played a MMo other then this? Twinking is a big huge part of almost all mmo.

high level farming -vs- low level farming - (Who can spend more time farming?) There nothing special about getting boards. It shows you have alot of time to farm.

....These games are small. very small because of what we play them on. People find ways to enjoy games. Twinking is a way.
((low level gear made me tons of money))

razerfingers
07-28-2011, 12:13 PM
When they coear it imma keep one character at 0/0 :)

JemNI
07-28-2011, 12:17 PM
What if you are killed by a mob lower than your xp level range? Does your death not count? ;)

Apocolypze
07-28-2011, 12:44 PM
No kill counts for turned off xp? :|

razerfingers
07-28-2011, 01:01 PM
If ur above a certain lvl in pl if u die in haven i dont think it should count lol

Conradin
07-28-2011, 02:17 PM
I believe PL boards were wiped a while back.

bronislav84
07-28-2011, 02:27 PM
So XP locked farmers will be screwed over for kills while still being able to get deaths. I really thought you'd be reasonable about this. I am sorry, but I do not like this change.

A good level 51 pink drop in PL appears once in a week usually. The kills while farming for it were the only good thing to come out of that session. Why oh why do deaths have to count if kills don't while XP locked? It's severely unfair to those not abusing the XP lock for kills.

Lesrider
07-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Bronislav, this is for SL. No need to worry about PL until they start talking about it there. They'll probably use SL as a test before even touching the PL system.

Also, since you would get kills counted even at 55/56 in the Sewers, perhaps locking xp at 51 will still get you them. Guess that's up to the devs to decide. Maybe you can get kills at the highest lvl campaign no matter what until it's no longer the highest level campaign. I dunno. But no need to worry about PL yet.

bronislav84
07-28-2011, 03:15 PM
I was just using PL as an example, because there's no reason to lock yet for farming specific level drops in SL. I'm well aware this is currently for SL only, but Sam did say it will be coming to PL. In PL it would be unfair to XP locked farmers who lock very close to the level cap (In Sewer traps can crit and I've got a bunch of those in my death count) to he awarded deaths but no kills because a pink shows up very rarely.

Also people lock at 52.99 if they want 51 drops. You may know this already, but Sewer drops are bracketed: 52 and under get 51 stops, 53 and 54 get 53 drops, and 55/56 get 55 drops. Sewer also has zero random drops, and I hope in the new expansion ransom drops get added do it is more similar to the drop tables for other zones. I figure it was done this way to prolong the life of the campaign, but won't be needed anymore.

Physiologic
07-30-2011, 07:31 PM

The purpose of this thread was to bring some meaning to the leaderboards, so your question was automatically answered.

Have you ever played a MMo other then this? Twinking is a big huge part of almost all mmo.

high level farming -vs- low level farming - (Who can spend more time farming?) There nothing special about getting boards. It shows you have alot of time to farm.

....These games are small. very small because of what we play them on. People find ways to enjoy games. Twinking is a way.
((low level gear made me tons of money))

I've played quite a few MMOs - Everquest, MS, La Tale, EVE, and a few free ones and "twinking" only exists as a very, very small subset population (less than 3-5%) of all players. It really isn't a huge part of all MMOs.

So XP locked farmers will be screwed over for kills while still being able to get deaths. I really thought you'd be reasonable about this. I am sorry, but I do not like this change.

A good level 51 pink drop in PL appears once in a week usually. The kills while farming for it were the only good thing to come out of that session. Why oh why do deaths have to count if kills don't while XP locked? It's severely unfair to those not abusing the XP lock for kills.

You represent only an extremely small fraction of players that farm a specific dungeon, with locked XP, for lower-leveled pinks, which from what I understand is really used for:
1. To rip people off by tricking them into thinking they are lv 55 pinks
2. For dual specing, even though AO pinks can be used for loadouts (they are thousand-folds cheaper)

Is there any other major game-breaking advantages to farming lv 51/53 pinks over 55s? Because I really don't see any advantage...

MisterChris
07-31-2011, 04:08 PM

YES!!! :) LOL. I always thought that it was kinda stupid to be able to get kills when xp is disabled. Now that has happened. Because its easy NOT to die in the beginning levels and while getting kill after kill.

Awesome good news ;)

MisterChris
07-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Great job. I was hoping this would happen. And. Love the no xp no kills motto.

I agree ;D completely :)

Feety
07-31-2011, 05:19 PM

That is awesome. Off to a good start.

Emannyv93
08-01-2011, 04:27 AM
Am I the only one who already had their Stats wiped ? yesterday i was about 3k kills, & today after some lvling (trying to get 21) i was at almost 1.5k -__- i was like woah o.o.

Kalielle
08-01-2011, 05:40 AM

It wouldn't be based on a specific level, but on whether your XP gain was disabled or not. Kills and deaths while your XP gain is disabled would count for the twink leaderboard, kills and deaths while your XP gain is not disabled would count for the other one.

Possible issues with this idea:
- someone aiming for the non-twink leaderboard could disable their XP during difficult dungeons, to make the deaths not count. (They probably couldn't do it just as they're about to die because it takes a bit to get to the menu.) Then again, I'm not sure this is such a bad thing. It would give people who are aiming for the leaderboards a way to take risks and join inexperienced groups they might otherwise have stayed away from.
- people at the level cap could get on the twink leaderboard by disabling XP. But since it's usually harder to get a good ratio on a high-level character, this probably wouldn't happen too often.

Agreed. I've never been terribly impressed by forest haven grinding either - but some leaderboard twinks do use more challenging maps to level in (or at least they used to; not sure what the leaderboards look like now). As for why twinking is so popular, I think it gives people something to do when they're all geared up and at the cap. People basically create their own end-game content. And if someone is willing to grind a boring low-level map to get on a twink leaderboard - well, at least it keeps people in the game. And yes I agree that those folks should get their separate leaderboards from those at the cap.

Lesrider
08-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Who said deaths won't count? Ugh they better bc you just opened a new can of worms -- locking xp to avoid deaths would be the new fad.

Acyer
08-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Am I the only one who already had their Stats wiped ? yesterday i was about 3k kills, & today after some lvling (trying to get 21) i was at almost 1.5k -__- i was like woah o.o.na bro your the only one.

themars
08-01-2011, 09:27 AM
I still got my 23k kills =) maybe u looked to one of your other chars instead of the char with 3k kills?

apocketlegend
08-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Hmmm that's beta for you!

Diodge
08-01-2011, 11:04 AM
I still got my 23k kills =) maybe u looked to one of your other chars instead of the char with 3k kills?

u wont for long. hehehe Did you change your name?

themars
08-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Yes lol, I like this name more themars stands for theseus and Mars. Cause I don't play PL anymore I thought I could better take another name.

Kalielle
08-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Who said deaths won't count? Ugh they better bc you just opened a new can of worms -- locking xp to avoid deaths would be the new fad.

True, I guess deaths should actually always count for all leaderboards.

Physiologic
08-01-2011, 05:59 PM

These are only rumors - I highly doubt this will be implemented. Deaths should count no matter what, in any instance.

AnotherAzi
08-01-2011, 08:33 PM
You represent only an extremely small fraction of players that farm a specific dungeon, with locked XP, for lower-leveled pinks, which from what I understand is really used for:
1. To rip people off by tricking them into thinking they are lv 55 pinks
2. For dual specing, even though AO pinks can be used for loadouts (they are thousand-folds cheaper)

Is there any other major game-breaking advantages to farming lv 51/53 pinks over 55s? Because I really don't see any advantage...

Not trying to hijack the thread, but farming lvl 51pinks is not to rip people off or trick them (and it's not for dual specing). It's to sell them to people who want to use them for the time it takes to get from 51 to 55. For example, a lvl 51 sewer king cap, scarab, and leather is only 4 armor and 9 damage less than the 55s but otherwise has the exact same stats (dex, hit, crit, regens). They can be used 25k xp earlier than the 55s. Thus, there's a market for them. Some people will pay a lot for them; some people think it's not worth the money. But the market that does exist is not a result of the farmers trying to trick people or rip them off.

End hijack.

Physiologic
08-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread, but farming lvl 51pinks is not to rip people off or trick them (and it's not for dual specing). It's to sell them to people who want to use them for the time it takes to get from 51 to 55. For example, a lvl 51 sewer king cap, scarab, and leather is only 4 armor and 9 damage less than the 55s but otherwise has the exact same stats (dex, hit, crit, regens). They can be used 25k xp earlier than the 55s. Thus, there's a market for them. Some people will pay a lot for them; some people think it's not worth the money. But the market that does exist is not a result of the farmers trying to trick people or rip them off.

End hijack.

That's what I don't understand though - these items don't even make set bonuses, and they are so overpriced it weirds me out. I have seen a handful of players confused as to why their lv 51 and 53 gear did not make sets, only to find out they would have to sell it eventually. But, if people want to drop dough on such overpriced gear, I guess that's the current market trend.

bronislav84
08-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Another already explained it isn't a rip off so I'll explain the rest.

The low level 51 pink market caters to people who have a ton of ingame money to spend and want to have as painless as possible leveling experience from 51 to 55/56. They tend to vary from item to item, but while they are generally weaker than level 50 sets, they are somehow still cheaper than both level 50 set items and level 55 set items. For some people it's saving money because they can't afford level 50 sets, and for some people it's about "pinping out:" You wouldn't believe how slow the "last couple of levels" can feel without elixirs to somebody who just wants a capped character. On top of that, a low level pink can be put back into circulation immediately at 55, as opposed to level 55 ones which only get removed from the market because people want to wear them at the current endgame.

Oh, and while level 53 and 55 Brown/Purple items are 99% worthless, level 51 versions are also hot because they have the dame stats as their higher level counterparts for only slightly less armor/damage.

So yea, it isn't just for dual speccing, but that is one use.

I hope you understand now Physio. :) Oh, and locked farmers have been on the rise lately from what I've seen. STS really should implement deaths not counting while locked, too. If kills counting while locked is stupid, deaths counting while locked is moronic.

Swimmingstar
08-02-2011, 11:03 AM
so the first to get a kill gets on leaders? That's gonna be me :D

Kraze
08-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Another already explained it isn't a rip off so I'll explain the rest.

The low level 51 pink market caters to people who have a ton of ingame money to spend and want to have as painless as possible leveling experience from 51 to 55/56. They tend to vary from item to item, but while they are generally weaker than level 50 sets, they are somehow still cheaper than both level 50 set items and level 55 set items. For some people it's saving money because they can't afford level 50 sets, and for some people it's about "pinping out:" You wouldn't believe how slow the "last couple of levels" can feel without elixirs to somebody who just wants a capped character. On top of that, a low level pink can be put back into circulation immediately at 55, as opposed to level 55 ones which only get removed from the market because people want to wear them at the current endgame.

Oh, and while level 53 and 55 Brown/Purple items are 99% worthless, level 51 versions are also hot because they have the dame stats as their higher level counterparts for only slightly less armor/damage.

So yea, it isn't just for dual speccing, but that is one use.

I hope you understand now Physio. :) Oh, and locked farmers have been on the rise lately from what I've seen. STS really should implement deaths not counting while locked, too. If kills counting while locked is stupid, deaths counting while locked is moronic.
The reason sewer pinks and purps are used as boosters over ao is for a second or possibly third kit (12 stat points vs 8) however not counting deaths would be worst idea since Greedo shooting first. Can already see people locking before a boss to avoid a death. But IMO no matter what's done the people on the board will be populated by those that find the easiest path or spend the most plat on defense and attack elixirs.

fruitbattwo
08-02-2011, 02:47 PM
The reason sewer pinks and purps are used as boosters over ao is for a second or possibly third kit (12 stat points vs 8) however not counting deaths would be worst idea since Greedo shooting first. Can already see people locking before a boss to avoid a death. But IMO no matter what's done the people on the board will be populated by those that find the easiest path or spend the most plat on defense and attack elixirs.

rlly?

Chant
08-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Best solution is... reset all characters back to level 1 and refund the players who spent plats on damage and xp pots. I'm sorry but I don't want to be level 20/21 and have 0 kills. I rather start at level 1 and earn back my kills and actually enjoy farming all leveled maps. NOW this is called an even playing field.

Prestige
08-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Why do people complain about this. Honestly I could careless about who exactly is on the leaderboards. People should just get over it, so what if so and so has a better ratio or more kills than you. It does not mean that they necessarily are better than you at the game. The leaderboards are just a bunch of numbers, I don't get why people get so upset about them.

Zerious
08-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Why do people complain about this. Honestly I could careless about who exactly is on the leaderboards. People should just get over it, so what if so and so has a better ratio or more kills than you. It does not mean that they necessarily are better than you at the game. The leaderboards are just a bunch of numbers, I don't get why people get so upset about them.

if it's something you put effort into, i'm sure anyone would be upset. Put yourself in their shoes. Hours and hours of playing for it to be wiped out. Yeah, not cool. But at the same time they knew it was the beta, and some changes were gonna be made upon the actual release.

bronislav84
08-03-2011, 10:42 AM
The reason sewer pinks and purps are used as boosters over ao is for a second or possibly third kit (12 stat points vs 8) however not counting deaths would be worst idea since Greedo shooting first. Can already see people locking before a boss to avoid a death. But IMO no matter what's done the people on the board will be populated by those that find the easiest path or spend the most plat on defense and attack elixirs.Sure, just screw over the locked farmers. Great idea. Not.

apocketlegend
08-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Im leveling to 5 then stopping, Bc I want kills

Lucilulu
08-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Best solution is... reset all characters back to level 1 and refund the players who spent plats on damage and xp pots. I'm sorry but I don't want to be level 20/21 and have 0 kills. I rather start at level 1 and earn back my kills and actually enjoy farming all leveled maps. NOW this is called an even playing field.

I agree 100%

SUPAPRODIGY
08-04-2011, 01:09 PM
^^ Agree

Kraze
08-04-2011, 01:14 PM
The reason sewer pinks and purps are used as boosters over ao is for a second or possibly third kit (12 stat points vs 8) however not counting deaths would be worst idea since Greedo shooting first. Can already see people locking before a boss to avoid a death. But IMO no matter what's done the people on the board will be populated by those that find the easiest path or spend the most plat on defense and attack elixirs.Sure, just screw over the locked farmers. Great idea. Not.
I'm sorry what's the issue with what I said?

kavanah
08-04-2011, 01:23 PM
What about those who play a "support" role? Is there a leaderboard for them somehow?

Snakespeare
08-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Sure, just screw over the locked farmers. Great idea. Not.

bron, I have many locked farmers and I understand the problem. In PL, you could lock at 11th or 12th level and kill farm in FH:1 with ZERO CHANCE OF DYING. This makes k/d leader boards irrelevant. Lovenus was the master at this, and he'll always be remembered for it. Others imitated Lovenus and after weeks of obsessively kill farming FH:1, made their mark on the leader boards. But they were imitators and nobody will remember them for it, as we do remember Lovenus. Now the PL leaderboards are totally skewed.

The point of k/d is to say, "These people are such good players they had this many kills to each death." But kill farming in FH:1 is not quality play, it's just obsessive play. So that's why the LB is meaningless. The fair solution is, if you don't get XP, you shouldn't get the kill.

The devs have therefore decided that turning off XP in an easy zone when you have no chance to die and pumping your kill count to get on the LB is an exploit.

Please tell me how spending plat in SL makes you have a higher k/d. These complaints like "but I spent all this plat to get my high kill count" don't make sense. They took elixirs to advance quickly, to have super armor, super damage, shorten cool-down times, move faster... but now they want to say they did it for the kill counts?

I thought they were testing, not trying to get a jump on the rest of the players.

Physiologic
08-04-2011, 04:37 PM
^ Rely on Snakespeare for the best explanation possible.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-04-2011, 04:42 PM
^^ agree

Arguntom
08-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Thanks a lot because I have so many deaths racked up from trying to help newbies with miner mcguirc its not even funny. I think 80% of my 240 something deaths came from his lair.

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 09:08 AM
What about those who play a "support" role? Is there a leaderboard for them somehow?

If the SL LB has the same format as PL, there should be an Engineer's section for everything. So yes, there will still be support LBs, but just have different amounts.

Diodge
08-05-2011, 02:30 PM
This should be real interesting now after this goes live. Well after it goes out to apple and we can call it live.

If apple takes to long. People will rack up kills from general play. There is people who want kills. There is people who do nothing but look at your kills.. . . There is people who wont even play beta now because there max level. They want kills.
The population droped to under 50people online all the time before they opened it up to android. This all happened after they said they were clearing boards.

I dont care what happens. Im just saying this should get a little drama going.

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Leaderboards have been wiped with the launch of Star Legends.

EDIT: Looks like not all the Kill stats were reset. The team is looking into it.

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 01:24 PM
The leaderboards update over time. We update one leaderboard every 15 minutes. There are 16 leaderboards, so it will take 4 hours since the reset (which was around 11:30 am) for them all to update.

fruitbattwo
08-11-2011, 10:23 PM
hey sam any word from apple even a small sign that theyve even looked at the game? sorry of im waisting ur time about this question :fatigue:

MightyMicah
08-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Samhayne, you da man and all. But please listen when i tell you, this is a big mistake. Please refer to my thread "all this boosting" to understand just what I mean. Thank you.

Gluttony
08-12-2011, 10:35 PM

This wipe seems kind of silly now since it was suggested to present a "fair playing field" and iOS users still aren't in the mix. Players who got up to 21 will be at a disadvantage with this coupled with the fact that kills are only counted when xp is gained. I would reset but that option isn't available to those who took advantage of the premium character upgrade (unless they're willing to sacrifice their toon locked upgrades). Maybe should have gone with the suggestion of resetting all characters back to level 1.

drewcapu
08-12-2011, 10:47 PM
This wipe seems kind of silly now since it was suggested to present a "fair playing field" and iOS users still aren't in the mix. Players who got up to 21 will be at a disadvantage with this coupled with the fact that kills are only counted when xp is gained.

If you are at level cap, you still get kill counts if you are in a level appropriate map.

Apostar
08-13-2011, 12:45 AM
I can live with this

Gluttony
08-13-2011, 01:22 AM
If you are at level cap, you still get kill counts if you are in a level appropriate map.

You're missing the point; they will be at level 21 and all the kills they got before the game went live are removed, so they can only get kills from 21-26 (plus everything at cap) while others can get kills from 1-21. It's a slight disadvantage but one nonetheless.